Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-09-24, 01:11   Link #5321
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

I am appreciative of the chant among Ravens fans: "Bulls^&t"
I really wonder how much those refs were asking for NFL to lock them out? In the last calculation, the NFL had a revenue of 6-8 billion dollars, right?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 01:41   Link #5322
sky black swordman

^ I Think it was 9.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
As for the Saints, due to their offseason, they're not expected to play remotely well this season. Sure, their entire season is likely to be embarrassing, but outside of some delusional Saints fans, I sort of assumed no one had any expectations for them, so there's a rather shallow ceiling on their embarrassment.

Also, let me make this clear. I think San Fran is a very good team. Losing to the Vikings wouldn't be embarrassing if they weren't.
Agreed.

Maybe, but I can't believe they lost after all the Refs did to give them the game.
How many timeout's did the Refs give them?
Old 2012-09-24, 02:28   Link #5323
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I'm sorry. I'm trying to stifle my uncontrollable laughter at you calling the Vikings "competitive".

As for the Saints, due to their offseason, they're not expected to play remotely well this season. Sure, their entire season is likely to be embarrassing, but outside of some delusional Saints fans, I sort of assumed no one had any expectations for them, so there's a rather shallow ceiling on their embarrassment.

Edit: Oh, you're from San Francisco. Chill. Take the laughter that comes with losing to the Vikings like a man.

Also, let me make this clear. I think San Fran is a very good team. Losing to the Vikings wouldn't be embarrassing if they weren't.
People still had expectations for New Orleans and a lot of people even thought that they would win their division. This is a team that went 13-3 last season and lost one game at home. Even the most skeptical people probably didn't peg them to start 0-3 losing against the Redskins and Chiefs at home.

The only thing I took issue with is saying that this could be the most embarrassing loss of the season. That just sounded ridiculous to me and didn't strike me as funny. Especially when the third week isn't even finished.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 02:38   Link #5324
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Can't challenge penalties.
Really? I thought you can challenge things like 12 man on the field and maybe some other things.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 08:03   Link #5325
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

12 men on the field can be challenged, I believe. And for illegal contact, the coach can challenge to see if the ball was tipped by a defender at the line of scrimmage which would negate the penalty.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 09:32   Link #5326
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Urgh. When it's not the picks, it's the fumbles. Sorry but with our O-line and our play calling, I don't think Peyton, Brady, or Brees would have a shot.

It's so stupid too, because Shady McCoy is in the top 3 running backs in this league (with Gore and AP), and Andy just constantly hangs Vick out to dry. If you have a trash O-line, just put it in the RB's hands, have him pound it, establish the run, design some QB draws, establish the run further, and THEN have Vick unload it.

Seriously, the Eagles have one of the fastest offenses around, yet Andy is just BLOWING it. I mean heck, with our defense, we can stand to punt a couple of times! Run, run, run, punt. Run, run, pass, punt.

I'm still convinced that if Vick can settle down a bit and not just get tee'd off on that we'd see the 2010 Mike Vick come roaring back. But so long as he's constantly getting clobbered, he's going to make bad decisions at some point.

In short: Andy's overstayed his welcome. We need a head coach that'll take advantage of the fact that the Eagles can run the ball better than perhaps anyone else, not call near 40 pass plays while Shady doesn't even get 20 touches. In fact, it should probably be the other way around. Even with all the turnovers, 27 points? Not that bad. Our D is beastly. When you have a beastly D, RUN the damn ball.

And also...

0-4 aints incoming. Packers vs. Aints? Oh noes! They're as bad as the Clowns right now.

And NE under .500 for the first time in nine years......they really have to be kicking themselves about now, huh?
Also...LOL niners...wtf happened, you guys?
Old 2012-09-24, 10:03   Link #5327
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Urgh. When it's not the picks, it's the fumbles. Sorry but with our O-line and our play calling, I don't think Peyton, Brady, or Brees would have a shot.

It's so stupid too, because Shady McCoy is in the top 3 running backs in this league (with Gore and AP), and Andy just constantly hangs Vick out to dry. If you have a trash O-line, just put it in the RB's hands, have him pound it, establish the run, design some QB draws, establish the run further, and THEN have Vick unload it.

Seriously, the Eagles have one of the fastest offenses around, yet Andy is just BLOWING it. I mean heck, with our defense, we can stand to punt a couple of times! Run, run, run, punt. Run, run, pass, punt.

I'm still convinced that if Vick can settle down a bit and not just get tee'd off on that we'd see the 2010 Mike Vick come roaring back. But so long as he's constantly getting clobbered, he's going to make bad decisions at some point.
I've been calling out the Eagles OL as a failure since back when McNabb was still around. No QB would be able to play well under this OL. Apparently managment can't figure this out as a problem because they've literally done nothing to remedy the problem for a few years.

And as much as it pains me to say, yes, Reid needs to start packing. We can't afford with the talent we do have on this team to keep misusing it.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 13:05   Link #5328
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Great win for the Ravens last night. I'm concerned about the D but Flacco and the company look like they'll hold their weight this season.
Old 2012-09-24, 14:04   Link #5329
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Great win for the Ravens last night. I'm concerned about the D but Flacco and the company look like they'll hold their weight this season.
Their offense is looking more impressive, just like the playoff game last year against the Patriots. I heard a commentator remark that the Patriots are trying to be more like Baltimore defensively, and Baltimore more like the hurry-up Patriots offense.

Either way, not much solace for me... Felt a bit like the Super Bowl last year, it was a tight game, but the loss snuck up on me big time... Suddenly it was over with that field goal. I almost thought he missed it again , but alas...

They were making a big deal about Belichick grabbing the ref; I saw through my rudimentary lip reading skills that he was yelling at the refs 'this is a f-ing disgrace'... Big Bill wasn't too happy. Funny here in New England, whenever the Pats face diversity lots of people get angry at Belichick since he's so unwilling to cooperate with the media, especially post-game conference. I assume they'll end up in the playoffs one way or another but a loss against Baltimore probably won't help with the seeding later down the line.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 15:56   Link #5330
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
People still had expectations for New Orleans and a lot of people even thought that they would win their division. This is a team that went 13-3 last season and lost one game at home. Even the most skeptical people probably didn't peg them to start 0-3 losing against the Redskins and Chiefs at home.
Ever tried driving a car without holding onto the steering wheel? I don't advise it. But, that's certainly what is happening here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I really wonder how much those refs were asking for NFL to lock them out? In the last calculation, the NFL had a revenue of 6-8 billion dollars, right?
Quote:
The NFL hired 112 temporary officials, some of whom had worked the most competitive American college football conferences. They were paid $8,000 for a guaranteed four weeks. Up to that time, the then-striking officials were earning from $24,825 to $69,990 per season, depending on experience.

According to AskMen.com, Major League baseball umpires earn anywhere from $100,000 to $280,000 per season, plus they get a generous expense account. NHL officials make even more -- from $115,000 to $220,000 per season, based on experience. Probably because they have to know how to skate backwards and stay out of the way of swinging hockey sticks.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_d...#ixzz27QHyWoJx
Well, it's sourced. So, I can quote it. That's the beauty of America having multiple major sports. They are able to compare each other, with regards to activities such as instant replay and salary rates.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 19:54   Link #5331
Yye1
Wide Right

Dont forget that NHL refs also know how to jump on the boards.
BTW, got destroyed on my picks this week

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 20:01   Link #5332
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod
0-4 aints incoming. Packers vs. Aints? Oh noes! They're as bad as the Clowns right now.
Oh we're worse...and we can't even have the GM make a trade or cut or scan the waiver wire because he doesn't exist...Only thing worse than what's happening on the field is the delusion that all the players and coaches came up with to deal with such an obvious systematic league destruction of this team...My prediction was 10-6, 9-7...I'd flip that...

And fat lip Godell for good measure...Let's hope Seattle takes alot out of GB and we get some "trap-game" love next week...
Old 2012-09-24, 20:45   Link #5333
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Also...LOL niners...wtf happened, you guys?
Our defense QWOPped while the offense didn't rush enough. The pass game looked alright though, despite the interception.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 22:47   Link #5334
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The Pack just got screwed if this stands.

Replacement refs. *sigh*
Old 2012-09-24, 22:50   Link #5335
monir
cho~ kakkoii

hahahahahahaha

Good night, NFL. God bless. You will need it.

Hang tough, Packers fan!
Old 2012-09-24, 22:51   Link #5336
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I mean, Jennings had clear possession and the replay showed that Tate took it away WHILE on the ground. Straight bullshit.

And the blatant shove. And the pass interference on a 1st-and-30.
Old 2012-09-24, 22:56   Link #5337
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LMMFAO, these refs...

Saints got 2 TD's raeped from us yesterday, and they let this $hit slide...my god...

Commissioner Godell folks...The $hitiest leader in pro sports...Rest easy Bud Selig (MLB)...
Old 2012-09-24, 22:57   Link #5338
monir
cho~ kakkoii

It should have been a blatant offensive pass interference call which wasn't called, and then it shows Jennings caught the ball while Tate at some point after shoves his hand inside Jennings chest. So now the refs are calling it touchdown because of that stupid simultaneous possession rule which awards the offense every time.

Now Seattle is kicking the extra point to end the game officially. What a joke! NFL is digging their own hole..............
Old 2012-09-24, 22:58   Link #5339
Kyuu
=^^=

As a Bears fan -- I am LAUGHING HARD.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 22:59   Link #5340
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

This is going to be up with one of the worst calls in football ever, next to 'the 5th down' and that Vinny Testeverde 4th-and-goal touchdown.

Tags
american football, sports