AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-01, 03:41   Link #81
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually, what I meant was whether they'll be following the storyline from the game or not.

If not, well that could be a major disater, seeing as whenever an anime adapted from a H-game gets drastically altered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Cosmo View Post
See? Maybe they will really delete the main guy and make a full yuri story
(though I have a slight impression that someone here would not like this at all )
In any case, the last time I've checked, Babelfish isn't exactly the most reliable tool of the trade. And that's only a part of the sentence.

Anyway the protagonist's name does in fact appear at the end of the post,

Quote:

一刀がいないので、予想通り百合属性が強化される模様。

I'm going to need someone to translate the rest of the sentence =_=

It might or might not be anything, but it's always better to get the full details first, rather than bits and pieces.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2008-07-01 at 06:15.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 05:04   Link #82
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In any case, the last time I've checked, Babelfish isn't exactly the most reliable tool of the trade. And that's only a part of the sentence. For all we know, the remaining words would be "...At the beginning of the story."

Anyway the protagonist's name does in fact appear at the end of the post,

I'm going to need someone to translate the rest of the sentence =_=

It might or might not be anything, but it's always better to get the full details first, rather than bits and pieces.
Err, let's see...

-Original work's protagonist will not appear
-Story basically is on 関羽 and 張飛's journey, and the female generals they meet and stuff like martial art tournaments and episodes from the original work that happen on the way
-The protagonist is not present, so the yuri elements are expected to strengthen...
Also, it seems ero-ero events will be told...
*makes a note to lower expectations*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 06:18   Link #83
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Err, let's see...

-Original work's protagonist will not appear
-Story basically is on 関羽 and 張飛's journey, and the female generals they meet and stuff like martial art tournaments and episodes from the original work that happen on the way
-The protagonist is not present, so the yuri elements are expected to strengthen...
Also, it seems ero-ero events will be told...
*makes a note to lower expectations*
Yeah, I could make out the tournament thingy...

So what does this leave us with? Random 'fun' episodes like Galaxy Angel II ? Cause that's the vibe I'm getting...

*Drop expectations*

Better now that later I suppose...
Old 2008-07-01, 15:07   Link #84
Midonin
Last Engage

Just found out a little bit more about the OP.

Cover (normal edition, but also the anime-centric one)

Special edition

And sound samples can be found here.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 15:44   Link #85
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
*Drop expectations*
It's rather depression to think so too

*Fingers crossed*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 18:28   Link #86
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
So you guys don't want more possibility of yuri?
Old 2008-07-01, 18:35   Link #87
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I don't have much expectation for this anyway, as long as it turns out to be a fun show with some fanservice in between, I don't really mind the plot or lack thereof. Anything else is just bonus.
Old 2008-07-01, 18:50   Link #88
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
So you guys don't want more possibility of yuri?
That's not it; When an anime takes it's own initiative to alter the story this much, very very rarely would the outcome be anything good.
Old 2008-07-01, 19:37   Link #89
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
That's not it; When an anime takes it's own initiative to alter the story this much, very very rarely would the outcome be anything good.
See Tsuyokiss and Kimikiss. (But Kimikiss is actually good in my opinion, so...)

Actually, I really don't understand why some titles get so altered in the first place. First of all, if it's originally a game, the primary audience of the anime is still those who've played the game. Some things have to be changed of course, in order to appeal to broader viewership; but to compromise the more loyal fanbase who would most likely continue to fork out their cash for related products in exchange? Well, this isn't to say that this going to tank for sure, but it's the reasoning behind it that makes it mind-boggling and quite the risk to me.

In most cases, I guess it depends on the story (from stuff like Shuffle all the way to Typemoon). But I don't think it's as if it's that hard in the first place. For example, on one side there's To Heart 2 which is relatively "okay", and then on the other we have well-done adaptations like Kimiaru, which actually adds in a lot of good stuff while keeping the vibe of the original material.

If I'm not mistaken, there is already some yuri in the story in the first place. But with something I like this, I can't help criticizing it for being too arbitrary and trite. I was curious enough to be willing to check this out with zero expectations, but with the way it has been treated turns me off from the whole concept entirely.

Last edited by kujoe; 2008-07-01 at 19:48.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 19:40   Link #90
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

^@ guys above Kujoe

So how many of you guys have played the game and know how crummy the game writing is? Lots of talk, little story, a rock-paper-scissors war minigame, and if only for the novelty of seeing the contrast between characters and their originals it is useful for nothing else. Except maybe a game burning for the nationalistically inclined. If they kept the main character, a very standard nice guy harem lead, it would just be another nameless eroge adaptation. Well, an adaptation that would probably have Chinese hackers coming down on it in droves for obvious reasons.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 19:46   Link #91
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
^@ guys above Kujoe

So how many of you guys have played the game and know how crummy the game writing is? Lots of talk, little story, a rock-paper-scissors war minigame, and if only for the novelty of seeing the contrast between characters and their originals it is useful for nothing else. Except maybe a game burning for the nationalistically inclined. If they kept the main character, a very standard nice guy harem lead, it would just be another nameless eroge adaptation. Well, an adaptation that would probably have Chinese hackers coming down on it in droves for obvious reasons.

Erm yeah see, with the changes made, do you see it becoming a superior piece of writting? It'll just be another yuri(?) fanservice anime... Not alot better in terms of reputation I can assure you that.

I've seen alot of these so called "crummy" game writing claimed by people, and I would rather see the original story for myself to decide it for myself.
Old 2008-07-01, 21:01   Link #92
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Erm yeah see, with the changes made, do you see it becoming a superior piece of writting? It'll just be another yuri(?) fanservice anime... Not alot better in terms of reputation I can assure you that.

I've seen alot of these so called "crummy" game writing claimed by people, and I would rather see the original story for myself to decide it for myself.
My point with my last comment was that you lose nothing going in a different direction unless the idea of not developing a girl's moe youso will turn gold to lead. If you're inclined to see the original story, then I believe you can find it easy enough <edited>

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-07-02 at 01:45. Reason: Please don't offer material that's against the forum rules
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 22:13   Link #93
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
My point with my last comment was that you lose nothing going in a different direction unless the idea of not developing a girl's moe youso will turn gold to lead.

How is that suppose to "Develope a girl's moe" ?

I was interested in this title because it was an ero game adaptation "about a time-slipped protagonist and lots of girls.", to be given something else entirely is not the way to impress.

Quote:
If you're inclined to see the original story, then I believe you can find it easy enough

Problem no. 2, I can't read it. Hence why I wanted to see the anime of the story.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-07-02 at 01:45. Reason: Adjusted for edit to quote
Old 2008-07-02, 08:49   Link #94
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The character art posted on the first page looks so nice, but that character in the lines is a horror to animate.
That sort of manga style expresiveness looks either too simplistic or extreme for animation motion.

A pity this series promises more on the lines of character moe then anything else.

I wouldn't raise my hopes too high, looks more of a average show.
Nothing too great, nothing too bad...

(well w/e, there'z the D-what/not thing; but who cares)

** puts on to-watch list
Old 2008-07-02, 08:54   Link #95
Mizuno
Undefined

What we can expect from this series.

Old 2008-07-02, 09:35   Link #96
PzIVf3

I expect yuri.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 09:50   Link #97
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I think it was already confirmed a few pages back.
Old 2008-07-02, 10:01   Link #98
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I lol'ed ^^

Well yes this may turn out to be an eyecandy series so having a nice story will be a plus
(Yet, I am still hoping to be pleasantly surprised ).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 10:06   Link #99
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I think it was already confirmed a few pages back.
"Expected to increase..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I lol'ed ^^

Well yes this may turn out to be an eyecandy series so having a nice story will be a plus
(Yet, I am still hoping to be pleasantly surprised ).

To add to that, the director is Nobuaki NAKANISHI. The same guy who did Sumomomo Momomo ....

...Ice cream, anyone?
Old 2008-07-02, 18:07   Link #100
Mizuno
Undefined

Zhuge Liang licking ice cream? That's unfathomable.

Tags
eroge, seinen