AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-07-13, 02:30   Link #121
Kadia

That's my point! Isn't "Pure talent do not make you a good magician" one of the main theme in the story? I felt the author made Minoru born with supreme talent. He can be that good in a fight without experiencing necessarily hardship. I agree that he looked better in fighting than others from his screen times when he fought Traditionalists and Zhao, but u know sort of... he just lay in bed and then when the push come to shove he suddenly become badass character kind of feel.

Don't take me seriously, i just feel like his character is out of place a bit?
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 02:46   Link #122
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
That's my point! Isn't "Pure talent do not make you a good magician" one of the main theme in the story? I felt the author made Minoru born with supreme talent. He can be that good in a fight without experiencing necessarily hardship. I agree that he looked better in fighting than others from his screen times when he fought Traditionalists and Zhao, but u know sort of... he just lay in bed and then when the push come to shove he suddenly become badass character kind of feel.

Don't take me seriously, i just feel like his character is out of place a bit?
Pure talent doesn't make everything but it matters a lot, you can have talent but it doesn't matter if you don't work hard and he only relies on his magic to fight, magicians like Tatsuya, Lina etc have CQC training and stuff. It means that he trains a lot when he's able to move, he doesn't even interact a lot with guys of his age, that's probably how he wasted time.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 03:40   Link #123
pampz21
ShipCore

"Hard work" beats "talent";when "talent" fails to "work hard". -Kevin Durant.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 00:34   Link #124
Echizen777

Do you think Lina will use a cover this time again or she will reveal her status?(I don't think that's possible because her identity is kept secret but still). Will she stay for a while for the 3rd year after this arc ends? Will she even stay at 1st high? I think it would be pretty bad for her to return just for this arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
"Hard work" beats "talent";when "talent" fails to "work hard". -Kevin Durant.
Excepted Minoru and most of the other gifted characters do both. They are on another level.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 02:07   Link #125
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Do you think Lina will use a cover this time again or she will reveal her status?(I don't think that's possible because her identity is kept secret but still). Will she stay for a while for the 3rd year after this arc ends? Will she even stay at 1st high? I think it would be pretty bad for her to return just for this arc.

Excepted Minoru and most of the other gifted characters do both. They are on another level.
She'll either take Tatsuya's offer of abandoning Sirius. She need to suffer more tho.

Really the only people shown to work hard and actually train is Tatsuya, Miyuki, Erika and Leo.(Well they are main cast anyway. Miki is probably training off-screen)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 02:11   Link #126
Kadia

Umm..considering her position in USNA army, unless she is naturalized (which isn't likely) she will have to move back shortly after completing mission. I am more interested in her 2nd in command guy (Canopus), let's c how intelligent he is to uncover the identity of Tat (hidden mission i believe)?

About the covert operation thing, i think Lina will still use her disguise to hide her Sirius persona but she is likely to cooperate with Japanese's government in an official agreement to deal with anti-magician group which is becoming global issue.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 06:22   Link #127
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post

I know this pic proves nothing. But maybe Satou has some plan for her [shipping intensifies ~]

BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-20, 21:23   Link #128
-Mahesvara_

Tatsuya is the name, getting those panties wet is the game.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-10, 10:09   Link #129
Drcl972

Across the internet some people said that Lina had an hard life, and that she is basically an unhappy person.
But why? is it only because she is forced to kill the deserters, or there are other reasons for it?
Drcl972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-10, 19:05   Link #130
amtro
Distro

Refer to Lina's backstory in the mini novel
Old 2017-12-11, 14:17   Link #131
Drcl972

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Refer to Lina's backstory in the mini novel
With "mini novel" you mean "Beautiful Girl Magic Guardian Plasma Lina" right?
I can't find that mini novel, I found only a summary of it that obviously skipped a lot of things. Do you know the reason why Lina's life is considered that unhappy?

Last edited by Drcl972; 2017-12-12 at 19:44.
Drcl972 is offline   Reply With Quote