AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 4 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 12.50%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2019-03-15, 16:01   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The DR2 characters turning out to be remnants of despair in DR2 was a great twist, but I always found it hard to buy good people like them (well, not all of them) could get twisted this much. So I don't really have any idea how it could have happened the "normal way". I mean, they didn't just fall into despair, they did a ton of atrocious things.
Old 2019-03-15, 16:12   Link #82
FFTHEWINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The DR2 characters turning out to be remnants of despair in DR2 was a great twist, but I always found it hard to buy good people like them (well, not all of them) could get twisted this much. So I don't really have any idea how it could have happened the "normal way". I mean, they didn't just fall into despair, they did a ton of atrocious things.
I just listed how half of them could have been turned into despair. each of them has a tragic past that can be exploited,and the turning should be gradual. first out of fear of junko and her threats,or out of hatred for another person,then it gradually increases.

heck,the idea that was presented in the chisa scene was great if there was no brainwashing involved. introduce an "ultimate surgeon"who works for Junko and have him modify their sensor receptors to turn them into full sadists who enjoy people's pain. that+junko making them despair and hate the world would have been the perfect solution,no brainwashing needed. Sadists dont need brainwashing to hurt,and despaired people dont need brainwashing to harm who they think causes their despair,and threatened people dont need brainwashing to abide by the orders the threatner gave them. combine all 3 and you have the perfect ROD recipe. and in this scenario there was no brainwashing and they could have resisted the impulses and the threats but didnt.

Last edited by FFTHEWINNER; 2019-03-15 at 16:25.
Old 2019-03-15, 19:43   Link #83
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A brainwashing video or a surgeon screwing with their brains doesn't make much of a difference to me, to be honest.
Old 2019-03-16, 01:55   Link #84
FFTHEWINNER

Quote:
A brainwashing video or a surgeon screwing with their brains doesn't make much of a difference to me, to be honest.
brainwashing is unrealistic. there can never be such a thing. a surgery affecting their pain and sensory receptors is believable and can happen at some point. and it would be adjuvant to a specialized "treatment" for each,instead of a "magic cure" like the brainwashing thing was here.

and that was just an extra idea i got from that scene. it could be done without.
Old 2019-03-16, 12:08   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTHEWINNER View Post
brainwashing is unrealistic. there can never be such a thing. a surgery affecting their pain and sensory receptors is believable and can happen at some point. and it would be adjuvant to a specialized "treatment" for each,instead of a "magic cure" like the brainwashing thing was here.

and that was just an extra idea i got from that scene. it could be done without.
But Danganronpa has never aimed for realism. Although I agree it's disappointing that it happened this way, I don't think it's out of place. To me, this is one of the least of DR3's problems, so it doesn't bother me much anymore.
Old 2019-03-17, 07:02   Link #86
FFTHEWINNER

Quote:
But Danganronpa has never aimed for realism. Although I agree it's disappointing that it happened this way, I don't think it's out of place. To me, this is one of the least of DR3's problems, so it doesn't bother me much anymore.
well,my main issue is that it was a group thing instead of an individual thing really,and the way i suggested is simply a way for it to be an individual thing and still somewhat believable instead of a group "magic cure".
Closed Thread