Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-12-05, 20:30   Link #641
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
thats YOUR Tastebuds for ya always screwin with your mind.
Well the first time it was frosted flakes, and they have the tendency to make the milk a lot sweeter. I'm sure MY taste buds are just fine bro
Old 2009-12-05, 21:39   Link #642
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

mmmm Frosted flakes, my fav cereal... now only if it had meat in it...........
Old 2009-12-05, 21:58   Link #643
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
So I talked to one of the gentleman at work who was overweight a couple of months ago, i didn't realize that he had lost so much until today. I asked him his secret and he said he had become a vegan. I was schocked that he had lost 35 pounds over the course of three months, without exercising. I had no idea veganism could do that.
Old 2009-12-05, 22:08   Link #644
Alchemist007
*Author

You should exercise no matter what though
Old 2009-12-05, 22:20   Link #645
Crusader

^ eh, im more of a stick my finger down my throat and puke kind of person. jk of course.

As for the gentleman i was refering to, this is still incredible to achieve such a level of weight loss.
Old 2009-12-06, 03:50   Link #646
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
You should exercise no matter what though
Would rather eat meat and exercise than be vegan and not exercise =P Meat is YUMMY.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 21:41   Link #647
Crusader

Well on my way to Vegan, and meat isn't all that great.
Old 2009-12-06, 23:38   Link #648
FateAnomaly

Its not what you eat but how much you eat.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 23:47   Link #649
Alchemist007
*Author

Like eating 0 cyanide can be healthy.
Like eating 0 meat can be healthy.

Old 2009-12-07, 17:19   Link #650
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Its not what you eat but how much you eat.
In terms of what? If you're talking about health or weight loss, not the case at all.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 17:26   Link #651
Mattie

Send a message via MSN to Mattie
A mans meal = a mixed grill lol

but in all fair reason i eat meat and vegi's mainly vegi's cause meat is part of any diet lol
Mattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 10:02   Link #652
Habhome

I love meat! I wouldn't survive without it since it's about the only thing I eat. There are very, very few vegetables or fruits I can put in my mouth without having to force myself not to throw up..
Habhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 09:20   Link #653
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
I love meat! I wouldn't survive without it since it's about the only thing I eat. There are very, very few vegetables or fruits I can put in my mouth without having to force myself not to throw up..
A few questions, because I am curious

Do you eat the vegetables/fruits raw or cooked or both? Even when vegetables are cooked with meat, you don't handle it? ^^
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 10:15   Link #654
Habhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
A few questions, because I am curious

Do you eat the vegetables/fruits raw or cooked or both? Even when vegetables are cooked with meat, you don't handle it? ^^
Blast away with the questions, I'm not shy =P

And well, some of them I only eat raw, carrots for example. I can eat them cooked too, but I don't particularly like them.

What I mostly find disgusting with vegetables and fruit is the consistency, they're squishy and mushy. Though sometimes I just don't like the taste either.

As for when it's cooked with meat, it gets better at least, but I still prefer to pick the vegetables out and put to the side.

Still, if I'm visiting someone and they serve something with vegetables in, I force a bit down to be polite.
Old 2009-12-09, 10:23   Link #655
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Blast away with the questions, I'm not shy =P

And well, some of them I only eat raw, carrots for example. I can eat them cooked too, but I don't particularly like them.

What I mostly find disgusting with vegetables and fruit is the consistency, they're squishy and mushy. Though sometimes I just don't like the taste either.

As for when it's cooked with meat, it gets better at least, but I still prefer to pick the vegetables out and put to the side.

Still, if I'm visiting someone and they serve something with vegetables in, I force a bit down to be polite.
Are you sure? =D Let's go then

How do you usually eat your meat? As I said, there are recipes in which you can't separe meat and vegetables because it comes together. Example, when I cook some stuffings/mixtures. I can mix meat (let's take minced Beef and Pork together) with vegetables (Tomatoes, Thyme, Basil, onions) + salt and pepper. Did you ever eat some stuffings like that?

Second question, how do you eat your meat? Alone or with at least some starchy food (rice, pasta, potatoes, etc.) ?
Old 2009-12-09, 10:31   Link #656
escimo
Paparazzi

I'm a semi-vegan.
I eat only herbivorous animals, which puts me only one step away from vegan.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 10:33   Link #657
Habhome

Quote:
Are you sure? =D Let's go then

How do you usually eat your meat? As I said, there are recipes in which you can't separe meat and vegetables because it comes together. Example, when I cook some stuffings/mixtures. I can mix meat (let's take minced Beef and Pork together) with vegetables (Tomatoes, Thyme, Basil, onions) + salt and pepper. Did you ever eat some stuffings like that?

Second question, how do you eat your meat? Alone or with at least some starchy food (rice, pasta, potatoes, etc.) ?
I am sure ^^

And what you describe sounds like a common Swedish dish, though we (my family at least) mostly make it without any large pieces of tomato and rather use puréed(?) tomatoes in it. We also have cream in it.
But yes, it is in cases like those I shut my mouth and it it best I can, at least as long I am not at home. Then I eat a bit around the biggest pieces of vegetables.

And yes, to my meat I want some kind of rice, pasta, potatoes and such. And also some kind of sauce, preferably salty and with much umami. My most favorite kind of meat is pork fillet, it's awesome with fries and a nice salty cream based sauce.
Old 2009-12-09, 10:42   Link #658
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I am sure ^^

And what you describe sounds like a common Swedish dish, though we (my family at least) mostly make it without any large pieces of tomato and rather use puréed(?) tomatoes in it. We also have cream in it.
But yes, it is in cases like those I shut my mouth and it it best I can, at least as long I am not at home. Then I eat a bit around the biggest pieces of vegetables.

I make my own Coulis (what you call purée but a bit cooked) to make this stuffing. And the rest (onions, Basil, etc) is minced, really finely-cut. That's not possible to separe any of it from the minced-and-mixed-meat, because there's no big pieces of vegetables, all is mixed and mixed using hands till it looks homogeneous.

Quote:
And yes, to my meat I want some kind of rice, pasta, potatoes and such. And also some kind of sauce, preferably salty and with much umami. My most favorite kind of meat is pork fillet, it's awesome with fries and a nice salty cream based sauce.
Potatoes are a vegetable you know =D

So let me do a summary, you prefer big pieces of meat (I guess you like minced meat less, am i wrong?) + starchy food (I let aside the sauces using cream).
Old 2009-12-09, 10:48   Link #659
NighTpelTz
Conspiracy!

i do eat meat and vege
NighTpelTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 10:56   Link #660
Habhome

Quote:

I make my own Coulis (what you call purée but a bit cooked) to make this stuffing. And the rest (onions, Basil, etc) is minced, really finely-cut. That's not possible to separe any of it from the minced-and-mixed-meat, because there's no big pieces of vegetables, all is mixed and mixed using hands till it looks homogeneous.
If it's homogeneous like that I can most likely eat it, unless the vegetables to meat ratio is too high.
As I said, it's mostly the consistency I don't like, so if they're mixed in such tiny pieces it's better.

Quote:
Potatoes are a vegetable you know =D

So let me do a summary, you prefer big pieces of meat (I guess you like minced meat less, am i wrong?) + starchy food (I let aside the sauces using cream).
Yes, I am aware of that. But it belongs to a family called "root vegetables". So it is not the same thing as "vegetables". There are a few root vegetables I eat, among which potatoes is one. I also eat something we in Sweden call "rotmos" which literary translates to "Root Mash".

And yes, I prefer big pieces of meat, though minced meat in a taco or something can be awesome. So you've got it quite right ^^