AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2022-01-24, 12:48   Link #21
Greenish Growth

Wow...this is really cool to hear. I really liked the manga.
Old 2022-01-24, 14:20   Link #22
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Never would have thought this would happen after all this time. Some bigwig must really like the manga.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2022-01-24, 15:37   Link #23
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I was obsessed with this manga when it came out. It really did fall through the cracks with the huge number of manga that came out around the same time but I'm glad to see it finally getting an anime.

Maybe this is a good sign for the industry overall. The back catalogue of manga that could have been adapted to anime but weren't is massive.
Old 2022-01-24, 16:40   Link #24
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I was obsessed with this manga when it came out. It really did fall through the cracks with the huge number of manga that came out around the same time but I'm glad to see it finally getting an anime.

Maybe this is a good sign for the industry overall. The back catalogue of manga that could have been adapted to anime but weren't is massive.
This was strongly rumored to get an anime (Gainax, often with The Pillows mentioned) for years but supposedly licensing disputes scuttled it.
Old 2022-01-24, 17:45   Link #25
LG-MAX 2.o

Great news! GREAT MANGA!
Old 2022-01-24, 19:38   Link #26
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
This was strongly rumored to get an anime (Gainax, often with The Pillows mentioned) for years but supposedly licensing disputes scuttled it.
Hmm, that's interesting info. Either way it's good news!
Old 2022-01-24, 19:52   Link #27
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Oh wow. This is great news indeed. I love, love this series and do believe it has great potential. Like Enzo said the animation staff tempers expectations a bit, but I do hope that this series gets a decent treatment. Really there's no reason other than a producer that believes in the series for this to be created at this point. There is no manga to promote, no big project to cater to, no movie that you have to rush for. The entire series is laid down.

you can tell how much this series is a loved classic by the number of pre-2010 users that are coming out of the woodworks. lol
Old 2022-01-24, 20:24   Link #28
Wandering Soul

This news took me by surprise, but it's still great to hear. Hopefully we can get Spirit Circle next
Old 2022-01-24, 20:27   Link #29
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Oh wow. This is great news indeed. I love, love this series and do believe it has great potential. Like Enzo said the animation staff tempers expectations a bit, but I do hope that this series gets a decent treatment. Really there's no reason other than a producer that believes in the series for this to be created at this point. There is no manga to promote, no big project to cater to, no movie that you have to rush for. The entire series is laid down.

you can tell how much this series is a loved classic by the number of pre-2010 users that are coming out of the woodworks. lol
I’d only temper that by saying there may be some hopes of cashing in on the international market. Samidare does have a pretty big following in the West.
Old 2022-01-24, 23:49   Link #30
Frontier

Quote:
I’d only temper that by saying there may be some hopes of cashing in on the international market. Samidare does have a pretty big following in the West.
I wonder if that ever works...
Old 2022-01-25, 00:07   Link #31
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I wonder if that ever works...
Maybe occasionally.
Old 2022-01-25, 02:28   Link #32
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Really good story, I think it's better to animate this one before Spirit Circle, since it's shorter. I think the whole thing fits in 24 episodes, looking forward to this. As others have said, being a decade late is the most apt description for this...but it's the title I'll be watching while on a break from other stuff, so I'm happy we're getting an animation at all.
Old 2022-01-25, 03:08   Link #33
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Really good story, I think it's better to animate this one before Spirit Circle, since it's shorter. I think the whole thing fits in 24 episodes, looking forward to this. As others have said, being a decade late is the most apt description for this...but it's the title I'll be watching while on a break from other stuff, so I'm happy we're getting an animation at all.
Samidare is 10 volumes, Spirit Circle is 6 volumes.
Old 2022-01-25, 06:32   Link #34
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

So which is better, this or Spirit Circle? Since I am now looking for stuff to read...
Old 2022-01-25, 08:20   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
So which is better, this or Spirit Circle? Since I am now looking for stuff to read...
Why not read both?

To answer your question, Spirit Circle is better, I think pretty much everyone agrees on that.
Old 2022-01-25, 08:45   Link #36
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
They're both great. The difference being Samidare is "Wow, what a great manga" and Spirit Circle being "I'm not sure I need to read any more manga after that one." Not only one of my top 10 manga of all time but honestly would have been easier to adapt (and shorter).

I certainly agree, read them both, but I'd read Spirit Circle first.
Old 2022-01-25, 10:34   Link #37
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

To be fair Samidare got sprinklings of battle manga here and there so it's a little simpler to sell than Spirit Circle to a new audience, if that's what they were thinking when choosing which to adapt.
Old 2022-01-25, 13:10   Link #38
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Why not read both?

To answer your question, Spirit Circle is better, I think pretty much everyone agrees on that.
Quote:
They're both great. The difference being Samidare is "Wow, what a great manga" and Spirit Circle being "I'm not sure I need to read any more manga after that one." Not only one of my top 10 manga of all time but honestly would have been easier to adapt (and shorter).

I certainly agree, read them both, but I'd read Spirit Circle first.
Alright thanks. Shall pick those two up next then
Old 2022-01-25, 13:34   Link #39
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Samidare is 10 volumes, Spirit Circle is 6 volumes.
IIRC Spirit Circle was a monthly issue and not a weekly one, so that would make it longer...

Quote:
So which is better, this or Spirit Circle?
Spirit Circle has more depth, so I'd say that one. They're both great though.
Old 2022-01-25, 16:53   Link #40
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

A volume is a volume, they're all roughly the same length. How the chapters were individually published has nothing to do with it. And 10 is more than 6.
Closed Thread