AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2023-06-09, 07:09   Link #1281
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I don't understand the whole Tifa is dead theory but Sephiroth did attacked her in the Nibelheim flashback from the original game and Crisis Core. The reason Sephiroth didn't kill her can be seen now better in the trailer.
Old 2023-06-09, 07:55   Link #1282
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I don't understand the whole Tifa is dead theory but Sephiroth did attacked her in the Nibelheim flashback from the original game and Crisis Core. The reason Sephiroth didn't kill her can be seen now better in the trailer.
He's just manipulating Cloud because of his memory.
Old 2023-06-14, 16:07   Link #1283
Shadow5YA

One thing to note is that I think Cloud might have taken Marco's place in the trailer.

The hooded person that mutters "reunion" in the original timeline was Marco, but we can see that it's Cloud in the trailer. I think Cloud might have become Sephiroth's puppet in the alternate Zack timeline.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-14, 16:38   Link #1284
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

They seem to have gone above and beyond what I expected. I was already looking forward to it but I can't wait now.
Old 2023-09-14, 17:46   Link #1285
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Waiting for the PC release without getting spoiled will be nearly, if not, impossible. I really doubt the exclusivity will be shorter than a year, and even then, Remake took like more than a year and half for this.
Old 2023-09-14, 21:11   Link #1286
Wandering Soul

The trailer definitely restored my hype after not thinking about this game for a while.
Old 2023-09-14, 21:22   Link #1287
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Awesome trailer.

That Cloud-Sephiroth combination attack; Gold Saucer and Junon on it full glory.

Bet Vincent will appear only to sleep again until next part, the last ones.

They tested spear-user with Sonon so Cid is a given for Rebirth (hooded man in Junon?), gotta take some time to see Vincent Limit Break.
Old 2023-09-14, 21:54   Link #1288
Twi

Are they doing parallel timelines now?
Old 2023-09-15, 04:04   Link #1289
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So they will, at the bear minimum, reach Nibelheim since Vincent is in the trailer.

Edit - Scratch that, we see elements of the City of the Ancients and Northern Crater, however Nomura has also confirmed that the game ends at CotA. Everyone and their kids know what he's implying with this...

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2023-09-15 at 04:25.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-16, 15:40   Link #1290
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Waiting for the PC release without getting spoiled will be nearly, if not, impossible. I really doubt the exclusivity will be shorter than a year, and even then, Remake took like more than a year and half for this.
You might be in luck. Square Enix has confirmed that this is a PS exclusive for 3 months only so a lot less waiting this time.
Old 2023-09-16, 15:46   Link #1291
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Even if you do wait, there's no guarantee that the PC port won't be severely unoptimized like the the Remake PC port was.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-16, 19:16   Link #1292
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
You might be in luck. Square Enix has confirmed that this is a PS exclusive for 3 months only so a lot less waiting this time.
The thing is that SE had initially announced Remake would have at least a year exclusivity according to the sticker on the actual game jacket, and it turns out that it took quite more time than bit more than a year: a total of a year and 8 months in fact. So honestly, depending on how SE botch the pc release and sony nice paycheck, I wouldn't be surprised if Rebirth exclusivity is stretched way longer than just a trimester.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Even if you do wait, there's no guarantee that the PC port won't be severely unoptimized like the the Remake PC port was.
As much as Remake was badly unoptimized, it wasn't completely unplayable, albeit quite infuriating.
I'm honestly in the camp of not minding waiting for a PC release remotely similar, compared to buying a PS5. Even for FF7R trilogy, I just can't see myself buying that console with all the dumb shenanigans sony has done since its release.
Old 2023-09-18, 02:41   Link #1293
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So they will, at the bear minimum, reach Nibelheim since Vincent is in the trailer.

Edit - Scratch that, we see elements of the City of the Ancients and Northern Crater, however Nomura has also confirmed that the game ends at CotA. Everyone and their kids know what he's implying with this...
In the same question, Nomura said that things won't be the same, e.g. Wutai will be held off until the final part. I see this as his way of saying that the order in which you visit many places will be different, and the plot is already moving in a different direction (we see a part in Mideel and talk of WEAPONS), so the ending part doesn't really reflect on the OG progression.

That being said... of course they'd cut it off right where it matters!!!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-18, 07:52   Link #1294
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
In the same question, Nomura said that things won't be the same, e.g. Wutai will be held off until the final part.
Actually that statement made me doubt the order will be totally different.

Wutai in OG is accessible by Disc 2 but sidequest triggered by it (which you lose your materia as Yuffie run away from party with it) cannot be completed until Disc 3.
So it could be Kitase and team simply cut Wutai and other skippable Disc 2 content (Sunken Gelnika?, Final Heaven?, Chaos?), move it into third installment.

Considering Leviathan (Wutai obtainable) and Ramuh (Gold Saucer obtainable), both Disc 2 summon, became carry over bonus from Remake, I'd say things won't be same (Cloud in segway) but the order will be same (Costa del Sol vacation trip).
Old 2023-09-18, 09:27   Link #1295
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So Cloud in the beach had that ridiculous outfit
Old 2023-09-18, 11:35   Link #1296
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Pre-ordered because there's no way I'm not playing it day 1 anyway. I went with the twin pack because... there's absolutely zero reason to go for the standard edition, since both are the same price. With the twin pack you basically get Intergrade + Intermission for free, playable right now. Will actually allow me to make a bit of money by selling my now useless physical copy of Remake.

I know people love their disks but digital is just so much better for me. Doesn't take any physical space and install is a lot faster compared to slow ass Blu-ray (of course, it depends on your internet speed).

Still amazed by what I saw in that trailer. I never expected we'd be able to drive vehicles and use Chocobos with the same abilities as in the original. And I think the story is going to have a lot of surprises. Will most likely follow the bullet points of the original, but I'm expecting a completely different ending, leading to a brand new story in the third installment.
Old 2024-02-06, 20:25   Link #1297
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I kneel, SE.
Old 2024-02-07, 00:25   Link #1298
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Demo is also out.

Fuck it. Time to preorder.
Old 2024-02-07, 09:02   Link #1299
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Demo is also out.

Fuck it. Time to preorder.
If you pre-order on the PS store, go with the twin pack. That reminds me I still need to sell my old copy of PS4 Remake.
Old 2024-02-07, 09:17   Link #1300
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Eh I own Intergrade so it's fine. It's a good deal though since it's essentially the Remake DLC for free, and can easily be finished before Rebirth comes out.

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg