AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-23, 12:30   Link #41
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Damn this looks lovely. That trailer contained everything I like from insanity to erotic stuff. I've been inching for some adventure horror game so this will be day one purchase for me. If it gets released in English that is...
Old 2010-08-25, 06:53   Link #42
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's the sub translations for the trailer.
Credits to Manoaplace for translating it.
http://www.gametrailers.com/user-mov...ylist=featured
Old 2010-08-25, 12:01   Link #43
Dobby

I just dropped by the Club in P3P and spoke with him again. It's... really creepy just how much details/hints he gets into for this.

CLEVER SCHEME, ATLUS....
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 04:32   Link #44
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Take a NPC with a dark background and make him the star of the game. Cool.
Hope the sex explicit scenes are intact when the US EU versions are released.
Old 2010-08-26, 09:36   Link #45
leodamine
Divine Akuma

well, the trailer was weird enough for me to want to give it a shot. I'd like to see some gameplay before I make a purchase though.
Old 2010-08-26, 21:59   Link #46
Not Random
看著看著你來來去去

On another note, people keep saying that you can only encounter Vincent by going through the game as the female protaganist. I found him in the bar when I played as the male, and I still got the red text.

Anyways, Vincent alluded to getting married and something about his pregnant girlfriend. Can we assume that it will be a plot point in Catherine?
Old 2010-08-26, 23:19   Link #47
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

In the end the girl screaming "I CANNOT FORGIVE YOU!" is pretty much some of scenes we see on couples breaking up. This would be a great game for mature gamers, it's very relatable.

As for the gameplay, Vincent is brave man entering the dream world without a weapon, unlike the kids in P3 and P4 series that enters the Dark Hour and Television that brings in weapons.

Could this be inspired by nightmare on elm street? The dreams being real to the person who's dreaming it. Vincent might have pulled Catherine out of his own nightmare and is out to kill him.
Old 2010-08-30, 12:18   Link #48
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Catherine's director, Katsura Hashino has wrote a few interesting comments on the official blog for the game, and can be read over on andriasang.

There's some interesting comments, especially about the 'P Team'. Also i'm looking forward to the future comments that shall be posted. Especially by Shouji Meguro.
Old 2010-08-30, 16:12   Link #49
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I've often wondered, are these "keywords" that Japanese developers always seem to give for their games something Famitsu came up with as an interview question or do they literally all subscribe to the exact same philosophy of unveiling their games.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 17:24   Link #50
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

A western release of this title just got a little dimmer
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 22:02   Link #51
winkel

What does that have anything to do with Atlus USA's chances of localizing this game?
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 23:08   Link #52
Lizzie
Resident tsundere.

Send a message via MSN to Lizzie Send a message via Yahoo to Lizzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
What does that have anything to do with Atlus USA's chances of localizing this game?
I'm left to wonder about that myself...
Old 2010-08-31, 06:57   Link #53
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
For one thing, Atlus has no longer any say in regards to control over their IP now.

Hence, there is a chance that their new boss, Index Holdings, might not want to release Catherine in the west for whatever reasons that is possible.
Old 2010-08-31, 06:59   Link #54
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Atlus will be gone or merged?

Oh well....
Old 2010-08-31, 08:25   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They stated on the forum that it won't affect anything they do. No need to panic just yet.
Old 2010-08-31, 23:30   Link #56
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
For one thing, Atlus has no longer any say in regards to control over their IP now.

Hence, there is a chance that their new boss, Index Holdings, might not want to release Catherine in the west for whatever reasons that is possible.
Their 'new boss' is the same as their old boss. They just finally decided to consolidate Atlus JP into the greater architecture so they have free access to spoil Atlus' IPs on other services such as mobile or online gaming.

It has nothing really to do with Atlus USA's decision on localizing games. They operate on their own structure and do not report every little decision directly to the JP side. The worst that IH could do is be real jerks about giving Atlus USA the rights to localize, but then they'd just be chopping of their own feet, since other localization companies will probably be more than willing to localize Persona team's games since they're popular in the US.
Old 2010-09-01, 03:59   Link #57
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I just hope it gets licensed later on 2011
Old 2010-09-01, 08:28   Link #58
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Their 'new boss' is the same as their old boss. They just finally decided to consolidate Atlus JP into the greater architecture so they have free access to spoil Atlus' IPs on other services such as mobile or online gaming.

It has nothing really to do with Atlus USA's decision on localizing games. They operate on their own structure and do not report every little decision directly to the JP side. The worst that IH could do is be real jerks about giving Atlus USA the rights to localize, but then they'd just be chopping of their own feet, since other localization companies will probably be more than willing to localize Persona team's games since they're popular in the US.
If I'm reading this right, you are stating what I already know. Namely :-

A) Index Holding gaining total control over Atlus's IPs
B) The uncertainty about Index Holding's future plans (including overseas releases) in regards to said IPs (IE Catherine)

The only difference is that you are optimisiticl as oppose to my pessimistical views.

But what I do agree is that more likely than not, there will be a western release since there is money to be squeezed out from the fan base.

However, since Index Holdings possess overall control of the IPs, the final decision still lies with them to give Atlus USA or another publisher the rights for an overseas release of the IPs provided the profit margin of the overseas market is enticing enough for them to do so.
Old 2010-09-01, 15:56   Link #59
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
If I'm reading this right, you are stating what I already know. Namely :
Well you certainly didn't demonstrate such competency in your original hyperbole post.

You insinuated that Index Holdings now has a iron hold on Atlus' IPs and will use that to hold back any licensing rights in other territories. That is not what happens. Titles do not get localized a majority of the time because the western companies view the venture as unprofitable, not the Japanese companies.

Obtaining rights is a matter of negotiating and paying the Japanese company a contractual sum of money in exchange for the rights up front. Any money that is made in local sales (minus royalties) is towards recuperating this cost as well as turning a profit.
Old 2010-09-01, 16:24   Link #60
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
You insinuated that Index Holdings now has a iron hold on Atlus' IPs and will use that to hold back any licensing rights in other territories. That is not what happens. Titles do not get localized a majority of the time because the western companies view the venture as unprofitable, not the Japanese companies.

Obtaining rights is a matter of negotiating and paying the Japanese company a contractual sum of money in exchange for the rights up front. Any money that is made in local sales (minus royalties) is towards recuperating this cost as well as turning a profit.
Here lies the problem, we are not going to know how much Index is going to charge for the rights aganist how much Atlus USA (or any other publisher) is willing to pay in return.

I'd imagine that being a bigger institution, Index will definately want a bigger slice of the pie than when Atlus is around.

Tags
action, adventure, atlus, horror