Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-05-18, 20:20   Link #4221
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He's good but the fact he doesn't create the ice himself is a huge drawback. Eventually he'll run out of ammo. Of course, we know creating fire has a drawback as well, but Dabi may not have it. In the first place, we don't even know why his flames are blue.
Dabi's flames are so intense they'll kill him if he keeps using them, I thought. Basically a more extreme version of Endeavors drawback.
Old 2019-05-18, 22:08   Link #4222
marvelB

Quote:
It's the latter. Unless you know everybody in the league is going to get power ups like we do, it's not such a dumb move. It's totally unnecessary though, since it's not like Twice has a high fighting ability. Isolated like this, I don't think he would have been hard to capture.
After giving it a bit more thought, I can see how psychological warfare would be pretty effective on the liberation front's part. It's still a double-edged sword, of course (because... you know, the power-ups ), but influencing weak-minded enemies to join their side is certainly a plausible strategy. I'm just not so sure that Shigaraki's merry band of psychos are the best group to test such strategies against, though.....

Actually, on that note, since we had Curious "interview" Toga about her past and the puppet guy currently attempting to mindbreak Twice with his marionette army, I wonder if the ice guy is also going to poke into Dabi's head somehow? It's about time we finally learn about his past anyway, especially after that brief meeting between him and Endeavor....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-19, 10:40   Link #4223
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually, on that note, since we had Curious "interview" Toga about her past and the puppet guy currently attempting to mindbreak Twice with his marionette army, I wonder if the ice guy is also going to poke into Dabi's head somehow? It's about time we finally learn about his past anyway, especially after that brief meeting between him and Endeavor....
If Dabi really is the eldest Todoroki sibling, I expect it to be revealed in a more dramatic fashion so Hori might be saving Dabi's past for later.
Old 2019-05-20, 02:52   Link #4224
zibi88

Wouldnt be surprised if Endevour had a brother no one knows about and Dabi is his son. Time will tell.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-23, 18:52   Link #4225
James Rye

Looks like next chapter gonna be brutal. Fans are going up in fire and smokes over the spoilers, lol.
Old 2019-05-24, 05:08   Link #4226
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Ladies and gents, this is how you make a truly good power-up. Twice was always dangerously strong, but since he feared that he was just a clone, he never used his powers effectively and always cowered instead. Take away that fear and he can finally go full blast. I love it.

Next chapter, we're basically getting a Naruto chapter xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-24, 08:16   Link #4227
grecefar

please give twice a waifu.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-24, 09:11   Link #4228
James Rye

The Twice army rolls out!
Old 2019-05-24, 10:39   Link #4229
Wandering Soul

Out of the all power ups so far, Twice's was certainly the best. That's due to fact that it was less a sudden increase in power and ability and more removing a mental block it was already made clear he had.
Old 2019-05-24, 10:51   Link #4230
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Out of the all power ups so far, Twice's was certainly the best. That's due to fact that it was less a sudden increase in power and ability and more removing a mental block it was already made clear he had.
Yeah, I wouldn't even call it a power-up. He just became able to use his ability to the fullest once again. Do we know if there's a limit to the number of clones he can make?
Old 2019-05-24, 13:13   Link #4231
James Rye

Basically the more clones he makes the weaker they become as in they can be easier killed. But then again if you overrun your enemies I doubt they care if they are killed by a 100 weak versions or a 100 strong versions, dead is dead.
Old 2019-05-24, 14:53   Link #4232
marvelB

Aw yeah, time for Twice to strike back! Now I wonder which villain will get a power-up next? I guess it could be Dabi, but personally I'm interested in seeing how Spinner will grow. I mean, aside from being a lizard man who can swing around a bunch of swords he glued together, he hasn't shown any particularly unique talents. This should be the point where his quirk will truly manifest itself....
Old 2019-05-24, 18:37   Link #4233
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spinner will turn into Godzilla.
Old 2019-05-24, 19:24   Link #4234
Twi

Quote:
Yeah, I wouldn't even call it a power-up. He just became able to use his ability to the fullest once again. Do we know if there's a limit to the number of clones he can make?
It was outright mentioned during Chisaki arc that it was only due to mental hangups his power was limited. Mental hang-up gone, we get Twice at his strongest.
Old 2019-05-24, 19:38   Link #4235
Crunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Toga was able to copy quirks from the getgo. Shiggy was able to penetrate through multiple layers of object from the getgo. This has been shown already and in the second chapter he was in he had also been training for a month and a half prior.
Crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-24, 22:59   Link #4236
marvelB

Quote:
Spinner will turn into Godzilla.
As much as I'd love that to be the case, I think Giganto already fulfills the league of villains' kaijuu quota more than adequately enough.
Old 2019-05-25, 06:55   Link #4237
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wow league of villains get power-up
now I don't know which one is the main character anymore
somehow Deku and the heroes are less interesting.. we need anti-hero group
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-25, 17:06   Link #4238
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
wow league of villains get power-up
now I don't know which one is the main character anymore
somehow Deku and the heroes are less interesting.. we need anti-hero group
isn't that the spin off manga ?

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-31, 02:31   Link #4239
Hakai

Like I said before, the ice dude is good. Really damn good. I was afraid he'll be underwhelming like Curious(in ability, that design was still top tier) and get easily overpowered by Dabi's blue flames. Thankfully that wasn't the case

And of course Toya Dabi can't use his quirk for too long

That last panel was pure hype. The beast has finally awakened.
Old 2019-05-31, 07:02   Link #4240
Sixth
Hu Tao

Wow...really...

This "villain" arc is really bored me to death. Damn it.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot