AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2008-08-11, 11:28   Link #1
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

A Serious Media Player Classic problem.

Ok. First off I would like to point out that I am using a Vista OS so this might be nothing new to you. I downloaded K-Lite Package like... 5 months ago to play my anime and then after a month, my media player can't play any audio. I tried Re-installing it, it didn't work. I then Downloaded the CCCP package which is made for viewing anime. I then used the Media Player Classic from the one CCCP provided and it worked. Hurray BUT THEN after a month after that, it started to not play any audio JUST like the one for K-Lite Package. I even tried re-installing and that didn't work. I am just wondering can anyone help me on my problems?
Old 2008-08-11, 11:41   Link #2
Amray

When something similar happened to me I tried three things. First off I tried re-installation (which you have tried), I then searched for an updated version, which I found, and then I reset my PC and it was absolutely fine.

I'm not sure if we had the exact same problem, or if any of this will work, but that is what I did and everything turned out normal after that and it has been fine up to this very day. Is their not any updates or anything for this specific programme?
Old 2008-08-11, 12:03   Link #3
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Well I don't know about updates cause what I downloaded is the K-Lite (Final) 4.0 and I don't think there is any updates on that and the CCCP is still the same one I have downloaded and it remains unchanged at the website =\
Old 2008-08-11, 12:54   Link #4
emptyeighty

Grab CCCP Insurgent, go tools -> test render, tools -> media info and tools -> CRC check on a problematic file, then do file -> save log and paste that final log here.
Old 2008-08-11, 16:01   Link #5
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Spoiler for Test Render:

Spoiler for Media info:

Spoiler for CRC check:

But the problem just doesn't lie with one video though. It lies with all the videos. I just can't play the audio for some reason.
Old 2008-08-11, 22:03   Link #6
Craymel

If you're still having trouble with mplayer.

http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/index.php?tr_lang=en

here is smplayer which is a very robust frontend for mplayer if you don't like using the command line. And it plays a lot of different file types. doesn't work with cccp because it uses its own codecs.
Old 2008-08-12, 02:06   Link #7
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
Spoiler for Test Render:

Spoiler for Media info:

Spoiler for CRC check:

But the problem just doesn't lie with one video though. It lies with all the videos. I just can't play the audio for some reason.
Everything in order there. Also paste a file -> save log from Insurgent.
Old 2008-08-12, 03:18   Link #8
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Whenever I have problems like that, I uninstall ALL media players and codecs, then reinstall them. First with the media player, then with the codec.
I've been using KMP with absolutely no problem (but haven't tried in vista. When I was using vista I just used VLC

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-08-12, 09:57   Link #9
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Here is my save log

Spoiler for Save Log:
Old 2008-08-15, 04:56   Link #10
emptyeighty

Can't see anything wrong there either. Does the problem also occur in CCCP's Zoom Player?
Old 2008-08-15, 09:07   Link #11
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Nope. ZoomPlayer works fine.(For now...) Only this problem occurs with Media Player Classic.
Old 2008-08-16, 07:19   Link #12
emptyeighty

In MPC is the volume slider in the lower right corner all the way to the right? Also check if the speaker icon is crossed out.
It should look like this:
Old 2008-08-17, 17:14   Link #13
Nicholi
King of Hosers

When you play a file in MPC goto Play->Filters and list the filters it shows on playback.

Since the problem is only MPC, and your filter chain outside of players (the CCCPI test render) looks fine, it might just be the DirectShow Audio output option in MPC's settings (under Playback, Output). It should be set to 'Default DirectSound Device' by default.
Old 2008-08-19, 15:57   Link #14
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Well I tried all that and it didn't work but I have also come up with something strange. Although I haven't tried anything like you did, at like sometimes MPC does work for like a hour or so but then it doesn't work no more. =/ Apparently its usually on and off for the audio but mostly off.
Old 2008-08-20, 09:58   Link #15
emptyeighty

Very strange problem. Update your sound driver. If you already have the latest version reinstall it.