AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-08, 05:54   Link #261
Iloxus

As a pair, MakaxSoul is the second most liked by me. And I think, Soul knows very well that the normal Maka would chop him, if he drinks out of a carton. So he is trying to motivate her and turning her normal again!
Old 2009-02-08, 16:15   Link #262
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
Good point, Iloxus.

That would be a good reason...
Old 2009-02-16, 05:30   Link #263
VectorArrow
Maka Chop!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to VectorArrow
Maka and Soul is great
Im a fan of them
anyways im also a fan of
MakaKid
MakaBlackStar
Just let the author of Souleater make the pairing, and be surprised O_o
Old 2009-03-17, 03:59   Link #264
Mangaka-chan

Wow, it's been a while since any one posted here. I'm new to the series but these two characters really got me interested upon first perusal. Interestingly enough, while I do find myself wanting to ship them, I can't see them as a couple any time soon. There's still too much to develop and thresholds to cross before we cross from platonic love to romantic love. But the manga's on going, so we'll have plenty of time to get there if that is the mangaka's intent.

But the most recent episode (i.e. 49) makes me wonder how BONES plans to develop Maka and Soul's relationship for the anime.

Spoiler for episode 49:
Old 2009-03-17, 19:30   Link #265
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
I don't watch the RAW episodes, so I won't known anything until Friday or Saturday. However, when I watched the preview on the last episodes I did say to myself "There's going to be lots of SoMa in the next one and I am going to be a happy fangirl!"
Old 2009-03-17, 20:57   Link #266
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Spoiler:

and if it was true , I would get excited to see it!!
Old 2009-03-17, 21:18   Link #267
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
Spoiler:
I'm basing what I said previously off spoilers from the Newtype and GanGan magazines.

After some further thoughts...
Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2009-03-18, 03:15   Link #268
lmd_84

Agreed. They've been using stuff from the manga with regards to Black Star and Kid (if the preview's anything to go by), but doing the same with Soul would introduce too much with too little time left. Best keep it simple and leave it down to strength or the like, like they've done with Maka's demonslayer wavelength and courage.
Old 2009-03-19, 10:55   Link #269
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

I suspect BONES will reveal Maka and Soul's past when they meet. Regarding there're some scenes in ep 1 , while the manga didn't have that..

But oh well , less than 2weeks to reach its end. Eventhough their relationship not as epic as manga , I shall consider since the time isn't enough. It's still an anime with great concept ever since I watched Ueki and Ouran.
Old 2009-07-20, 03:55   Link #270
White Lady
Dryad of death

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning
Send a message via Yahoo to White Lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
I love Soul and Maka as individuals, as partners, and as a couple xD

They are a very unique shounen leading girl and guy Rare for me to see a shounen series wherein the girl is the main fighter while the guy is her support

I also love it that the leading girl is not just some burden. She can fight to protect herself. The leading guy doesn't get all the spotlight.

I love Soul that despite his wild appearance, he's a real gentleman . . . and I love him in that black suit xD

Can't wait to see more episodes that focus on them Especially on their relationship xD Squeee!!!!
I agree
Old 2009-11-22, 03:11   Link #271
LadyAi12

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
Maybe the idea was betrayal, but the translation was cheating between lovers. I dunno. Because if it was really cheating between lovers, then they should have been canon already xD Haha!

The part where Maka got mad at Soul when Blair's flirting on him can be interpreted in two ways:
shipper's view: she was jealous.
another view: she thinks Soul's messing around so early in the morning instead of preparing for school.

I like the shipper's view though xD Soul even said in the anime that his morning has become some love comedy/scene xD LOL!

Oh I can't wait for episode 5 *_* Soul and Maka spotlight again!!!! SQUEEEEEEE!!!!! xD
I read on a character profile some where that maka was jealous! Im from Deviantart, so im a big shipper, and im in love with SoulMaka
Old 2009-11-22, 03:31   Link #272
LadyAi12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Weapons and humans falling for each other is not that odd...

...do remember that Maka herself is a half-weapon thanks to her Dad's heritage.
actully, this is only true if we are talking about the anime here.
and the end of the anime dosent follow the actual manga.

although it would be pretty cool if that happened in the manga
Old 2009-11-22, 16:38   Link #273
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAi12 View Post
actully, this is only true if we are talking about the anime here.
and the end of the anime dosent follow the actual manga.

although it would be pretty cool if that happened in the manga
Hell, no!

A stupid Deus Ex Machina that makes no sence! It'll be lol bones end all over again. -dies-

But seeing Soul and Maka together in cannon would be great! I luve the fics about them!
Old 2009-12-09, 16:07   Link #274
brodyblackout
The Poetic Opposer

Send a message via AIM to brodyblackout
i love soul and maka as well, they go great together.
Old 2009-12-10, 21:38   Link #275
lmd_84

I'm a fan of their friendship and how they work together, but don't see them as a couple.

I would like to see something else to do with insanity and how the black blood is actually affecting them. It's getting a bit too neat for my liking, seeing Maka and Soul using this supposedly dangerous attribute to their advantage without clear downsides. I've heard it said that Soul is finding it harder to return to sanity, but I don't see it myself.

Though I do have a theory that the black blood dress of the Arachne fight was not just the easy, helpful armour it appeared to be....
Old 2009-12-12, 14:06   Link #276
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
I'm a fan of their friendship and how they work together, but don't see them as a couple.

How can you not see them as a couple!?
Comes to his senses/
So that means you're a Maka x yourself/Stein/Spirit/Black Star/Kid shipper?
... Or just not a SE shipper at all. Then again you could also want Soul for yourself. (He has no other potential non yaoi love interest and i don't know your gender)

Quote:
would like to see something else to do with insanity and how the black blood is actually affecting them. It's getting a bit too neat for my liking, seeing Maka and Soul using this supposedly dangerous attribute to their advantage without clear downsides. I've heard it said that Soul is finding it harder to return to sanity, but I don't see it myself.
True, but you have to remember that what happened underneath Shibusen was something extraodinairy. Were Maka and Soul used the Black Blood in the same way that Crona and Ragnarock do. The Black Blood Dress might have even been caused by the influence of Arachne's madness. Which was pretty intense at the time.

I do agree that it's one of the most interesting aspects about Soul & Maka's relationship and the sole reason no one but her can wield Soul. x3

And that it's should continue to intensify until Soul becomes a Kishin or at least something close to a kishin...

Quote:
Though I do have a theory that the black blood dress of the Arachne fight was not just the easy, helpful armour it appeared to be....
Do tell? If it wasn't that, then what was it?

*runz awayyyyy!*
Old 2009-12-13, 00:49   Link #277
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repelsteeltju View Post

How can you not see them as a couple!?
Comes to his senses/
So that means you're a Maka x yourself/Stein/Spirit/Black Star/Kid shipper?
... Or just not a SE shipper at all. Then again you could also want Soul for yourself. (He has no other potential non yaoi love interest and i don't know your gender)
.. sometimes people just arent that big on shipping? |:
Old 2009-12-13, 15:42   Link #278
lmd_84

That was some fancomic they linked me to. I think they weren't being serious.

@Repelsteeltju - What 'extraordinary' thing under Shibusen are you referring to? I've been taking the fact that Maka and Soul can resist insanity as down to the combination of good soul wavelength control and Maka's grigori-formed soul. The combination makes them unusual if not unique, but the Crona example itself was merely the first of what is now several. Their control of insanity has only increased since then. They've used the same idea of courage and control over insanity leading to increased power repeatedly and it has largely worked.

My theory on the black blood dress is that while Maka's soul allowed it to be used as armour, it's abrupt appearance around Maka - kind of like Ragnarok on the outside, as it were - is an indication of Soul beginning losing himself to insanity. It's just an extension of how the black blood was used originally - a potential danger that is used for a positive outcome. Only the dress was not created deliberately, and I think that may be significant.
Old 2009-12-14, 15:40   Link #279
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
@Repelsteeltju - What 'extraordinary' thing under Shibusen are you referring to?
Asura's wavelength, Maka trying to tune in to Crona's wavelenght you name it.

Quote:
I've been taking the fact that Maka and Soul can resist insanity as down to the combination of good soul wavelength control and Maka's grigori-formed soul. The combination makes them unusual if not unique, but the Crona example itself was merely the first of what is now several. Their control of insanity has only increased since then. They've used the same idea of courage and control over insanity leading to increased power repeatedly and it has largely worked.
I thought it was because Maka's anti-demon wavelength at the very least slows the infection in Soul and completely nullifies the long term effects for herself. I was/am under the impression that the Black Blood only has serious effects if they preform a high level of resonate. For the examples after that. I was under the impression that the piano in the Black Room for more of a inherent (as he is said to be from a family of musicians) trait rather than something caused by the Black Blood. I could be wrong though.

Quote:
My theory on the black blood dress is that while Maka's soul allowed it to be used as armour, it's abrupt appearance around Maka - kind of like Ragnarok on the outside, as it were - is an indication of Soul beginning losing himself to insanity. It's just an extension of how the black blood was used originally - a potential danger that is used for a positive outcome. Only the dress was not created deliberately, and I think that may be significant.
True, the fact that Crona (seems to) need the Black Clown to produce something similar. Only seems to support this! But then again Arachne's insanity wavelength at that time was even greater then that of the Black Clown.
Old 2009-12-14, 17:23   Link #280
lmd_84

I disagree about the piano being some genetic thing. I see it as more the significant visual used for Soul influencing insanity; it's something personal to him that he can have control over. And he has control/identity issues all over the place if his hallucinations/flashbacks in the Baba Yaga arc are anything to go by.

Which I liked, because it didn't come down to some dire revelation or secret; he just...didn't know what to do with himself, and is still not sure of his own ability. Nothing extraordinary at all in that for a teenage character (or any character, for that matter), and I thought it a nice touch. Who needs a dark and troubled past when simply being human is enough to get you into all sorts of crazy danger?
Closed Thread