AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-29, 04:06   Link #81
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Speaking of mistakes....

I finally got tired of all the ones I made with my first Outlander, so I decided to start all over again. Cleared all of Act 1 already and quickly trying to level up again in Act 2.

Not gonna bother with stuff like Vortex Hex anymore either.
Oh, you're the same as me. Except I tired of playing a tankgineer and rerolled as a Hammerneer. Just as good as surviving but offensive playstyle is much more to my liking.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 06:26   Link #82
Aesthetic Shampoo

Man, looks like that whole forgetting to put vitality onto my berserker thing is coming back to bite me in the ass. I've been stuck at the same spot for 2 days, gained 3 levels from my attempts, but 15 measly points won't save me.

Sigh. My third berserker, here i come.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 07:08   Link #83
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Does putting more Focus on Engineer benefit him in anyway? I think it increase elemental dmg, and while most of my Engineer skill has elemental in them, they depends on weapon dmg for their own one (I'm using Cannon and summoning tree, by the way).
Old 2012-09-29, 09:22   Link #84
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Does putting more Focus on Engineer benefit him in anyway? I think it increase elemental dmg, and while most of my Engineer skill has elemental in them, they depends on weapon dmg for their own one (I'm using Cannon and summoning tree, by the way).
Provides more mana. In my opinion, every class is going to need you to put at least some points into Focus.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 14:13   Link #85
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

Heh. The good old Diablo II Energy dilemma. Generally, putting some points into Focus (or Energy) is needed just so you can cast without going OOM after two seconds, at the expense of Vitality/main stat. In DII this was avoided with the Insight runeword (provides mana regen aura). In the absence of such an item, I think it is a good idea to pump up your mana via Focus if you feel you need more. I'm ignorant when it comes to other classes than the mage in TLII, so I could be very wrong, too.

Anyways, I started playing this game last night, and I'm having a blast. I played TL1 a little bit (think I got my mage to around lvl 40). I'm doing a 4:1 Focus:Vit Embermage on Veteran. Having fun so far at level 13. Dual wielding wands is AWESOME. You can't believe how excited I got when I my character equipped his offhand wand as I accidentally clicked it instead of a shield. Skill wise I'm going full Storm. I hope "pure lite" mage is viable end game. Dual wielding feels viable at the moment, but I'm keeping a shield with me. I can't really kite (in terms of slows/freezes) so I'm just tanking with pots. Might have to invest in the Frost tree to get some roots later.

Phew. So many good games out at the moment. I played some Borderlands 2, too, but the D2 fan in craves TLII action.

Last edited by zarqu; 2012-09-29 at 14:28.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 14:19   Link #86
Key Board
Carbon

I rolled a 2hand hammer Engineer. Currently Lv. 25 ish

is it normal for your Pet to have twice your hitpoints and nearly 1.5 your DPS?

in practice, I'm still the one doing the most damage, but I wonder if this is normal
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 17:41   Link #87
Random Wanderer

I've gotten my Embermage into Act 3. Which means it is definitely time to switch to one of my characters who's still back in Act 1 and start moving them forward.

Quote:

in practice, I'm still the one doing the most damage, but I wonder if this is normal
I'm not sure, but I have noticed pets are a lot more durable in this game than in the previous one.
Old 2012-09-29, 17:48   Link #88
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I rolled a 2hand hammer Engineer. Currently Lv. 25 ish

This seems to be the case for me as well
Though, I think I remember D2 hireling always having more of everything than my character and yet dies all the time. Lucky our pet can't die!

My current most favorite character is a shield wielding mage, focusing on P.Bolt. A lot of the time I just shoot the blasted things from off screen and come in to loot the goods

Btw, does anyone know what Wand Chaos actually do? Is there a list of possible outcomes? I mean, I'm worried that the tooltip sounds too much like Wabbajack and I fear that it isn't always beneficial
Old 2012-09-29, 18:13   Link #89
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Btw, does anyone know what Wand Chaos actually do? Is there a list of possible outcomes? I mean, I'm worried that the tooltip sounds too much like Wabbajack and I fear that it isn't always beneficial
It's never harmful to you. It just provides the chance of some bizarre bonus damaging effect happening to the enemy. The wikia wiki for the game has an unprofessionally-written article describing the observed effects.

Quote:
Wand chaos is an Embermage passive skill that imbues wands with the ability to cause one of several random effects a pecentage of the time. These effects are:

Meteor: Calls forth a flaming ball of fire from the sky, centered on the monster on which the effect was triggered, after a short delay (3-4 seconds?). The meteor causes splash damage to all monsters in a ? radius.

Acid Rain: A green and black rainstorm is summoned over the monster, possibly causing poisen damage.

Windy Stormy Time (Probably not the real name): A purple vortex forms around the effected enemy. Possibly slows and does splash damage.

Red Deathy Rain (Also probably not the real name): A hail of red things hits the effected enemy. Effects unknown. <-- Is this the one with the graphic animation similar to firestorm? If so, it's probably that.

Wand Chaos also causes shadowling bats to pop out of dead enemies.

Wand Chaos starts with a ?% chance to cause one of the above effects, and increses this chance by ?% with each point spent, giving a ??% chance at maximum. The effect chosen is random.
Old 2012-09-29, 22:15   Link #90
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Oh, you're the same as me. Except I tired of playing a tankgineer and rerolled as a Hammerneer. Just as good as surviving but offensive playstyle is much more to my liking.
Hopefully, I can take this one to the very end. I want to finish the game with at least two characters before taking a break.
Old 2012-09-29, 23:39   Link #91
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
It's never harmful to you. It just provides the chance of some bizarre bonus damaging effect happening to the enemy. The wikia wiki for the game has an unprofessionally-written article describing the observed effects.
I think I can help with those...
Just like back in Diablo 2, you'll find a lot of enchantments of the 'strike has X% chance of triggering Y spell centered on target' variety, as well as the sort which can trigger when you take a hit.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 04:47   Link #92
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I have been playing a dual wield Outlander lately, and found that sometimes, my damage simply never went beyond 1 (fumbles), except when it crits (which then does over 100 damage). While shotgonnes seems to almost never fumble and crits just as often. This is why I kept using shotgonnes despite planning to max akimbo.

Granted, this is a dex-foc build with no str invested, but the damage listed between the shotgonne and the dual pistols weren't too far apart, yet only the pistols that seems to keep doing 1 damage.
Old 2012-09-30, 04:52   Link #93
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I have been playing a dual wield Outlander lately, and found that sometimes, my damage simply never went beyond 1 (fumbles), except when it crits (which then does over 100 damage). While shotgonnes seems to almost never fumble and crits just as often. This is why I kept using shotgonnes despite planning to max akimbo.

Granted, this is a dex-foc build with no str invested, but the damage listed between the shotgonne and the dual pistols weren't too far apart, yet only the pistols that seems to keep doing 1 damage.
I believe pistols use strenght to determine damage, while dex. is simply a requirement to equip them....... or so I heard.
Old 2012-09-30, 05:03   Link #94
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

every weapon uses strength, I believe, including the shotgonnes. Point is, even with no str invested, why does the shotgonne seems to be doing much more stable damage than my pistols which keeps fumbling (to a measly 1 point of damage while it crits to well over 100)? It could be my mind and the RNG playing tricks on me, but I wonder if anyone encounters this as well.
Old 2012-09-30, 06:44   Link #95
Sellerie
Banned

Torchlight 2, one of the best rpgs i've ever seen
Sellerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:12   Link #96
Key Board
Carbon

so what causes a fumble?

I can't say I've seen any fumbles

is that something that only happens with guns?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:25   Link #97
Aesthetic Shampoo

It just has a percentage chance of happening. When the damage is shown in purple, that means its a fumble. I'll be honest, i've never seen the point of it though.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:46   Link #98
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
It just has a percentage chance of happening. When the damage is shown in purple, that means its a fumble. I'll be honest, i've never seen the point of it though.
It's the same point as having critical hits. A fumble is just a critical miss. Can't justifiably have one without the other.
Old 2012-09-30, 07:59   Link #99
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

It's a reminisce of the attack rating system I guess. As far as I can tell, if you connect a hit, you can't 'miss' here, just fumbles (miss simply being your attack didn't connect).
Old 2012-09-30, 08:19   Link #100
Random Wanderer

Terminology is tricky. You do more damage on a critical hit, you do less damage on a fumble. The two are meant to balance each other out.