AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-06-04, 11:50   Link #4441
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
It doesn't metter why she left goverment, it's not important, neither is her rift with younger sister. It's just backstory even villager B who used be adventure like me before he got arrow into knee has backstory. Kill Kurome and it's ended, Kill Akame and make Tatsumi avange her and story can go on.

Tatsumi saved many times other members, he has big bad love him, he has Teigu with potencial defeat even biggest haxes in game , he herrited ways of man who was one of strongest general.

He is protagonist because he has all traits and importance of SHONEN PROTAGONIST he is not Van but Ichigo (bleach), he is not Tidus but Jinbei (mushibugyo).
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 13:17   Link #4442
Iron Maw
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
You are not seeing the big picture. Tatsumi also hates the current status quo and he has his relation/rivalry with Esdeath. Kurome isn't that important. Also, Tidus happened to be the villain's son who stopped the cycle of sacrificing summoners. About Vaan.... nah I can't defend that guy
I'm seeing the picture just fine. Everyone in NR (save for Schere) all want to change the status quo, heck some Jeagers want that, he's hardly special there. My point is he didn't want to do it at all originally and merely took on NR's goal after they convinced him. Furthermore he has no "rivalry" with Esdese and barely has relationship with her. Esdese is also no more important than Kurome, she is not the source of problem and end of the day is just an obstacle to the PM. She will either be overcome or sidestepped (if she defects), same with rest of Jeagers and Wild Hunt.

And my point with Tidus/Vaan/Tatsumi comparison is that they are not they primary plot drivers. The issues they faced in those worlds weren't their own and only join up with the other characters because they didn't have a choice. They are mostly observers who contribute here and there. As for summoners, last I checked everyone did not just him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It doesn't metter why she left goverment, it's not important, neither is her rift with younger sister. It's just backstory even villager B who used be adventure like me before he got arrow into knee has backstory. Kill Kurome and it's ended, Kill Akame and make Tatsumi avange her and story can go on.
So basically everything should define character's importance, establish his or her place in the story should be toss aside because lol meta?

Nevermind that Akame doesn't even have beef with Kurome, she did not leave because of her, but due to the empire itself. That's why Najenda was able to recruit her, because they share same view. Kurome herself wasn't even brought up until after the 3 Beasts arc. I f she died Akame wouldn't suddenly disappear from the manga. Honestly I have no I idea where something like that came from unless you forgotten the earlier chapters of story.

Quote:
Tatsumi saved many times other members, he has big bad love him, he has Teigu with potencial defeat even biggest haxes in game , he herrited ways of man who was one of strongest general.
Not really. The only people he's saved has been limited to Mein and the occasion random person. Other the hand he's often saved by Akame, Leone or Braht. Braht wasn't the strongest general in the empire, he never attained the rank. It was just stated he wasn't too far from her in overall strength.

Tatsumi only has potential to defeat Esdese through Incursio's possible evolutions, he has no chance otherwise. Until then as stated in plot itself, Akame is only person in NR who can do it, and even that is because of Murasame and her being the best fighter in the group.

Quote:
He is protagonist because he has all traits and importance of SHONEN PROTAGONIST he is not Van but Ichigo (bleach), he is not Tidus but Jinbei (mushibugyo)
You should really stop using meta elements to define his importance, it makes sound like he's a shallow character who has no real purpose, or attachment to the world. Essentially just a collection of generic tropes. That's not a character, that's avatar or caricature at best. Besides Tatsumi has plenty of his own character so there should be no need for this. The truth of the matter he has less ties to his enemies than most than most of NR outside Schere and Leone. It doesn't mean he doesn't have his own reasons opposing empire, but saying other living members are less relevant when they have just as much if not more motivation to be where they are reeks of bias.

If Akame isn't important, then Tatsumi is even less so from every angle isn't a meta one.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 13:50   Link #4443
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I'm seeing the picture just fine. Everyone in NR (save for Schere) all want to change the status quo, heck some Jeagers want that, he's hardly special there. My point is he didn't want to do it at all originally and merely took on NR's goal after they convinced him. Furthermore he has no "rivalry" with Esdese and barely has relationship with her. Esdese is also no more important than Kurome, she is not the source of problem and end of the day is just an obstacle to the PM. She will either be overcome or sidestepped (if she defects), same with rest of Jeagers and Wild Hunt.
Non of characters were born with goal of opposing of empire. All of them reached it in some point. In Tatsumi case it just happened later. Kuromi (same as Akame) is bishop, Esdeath Queen. It is obvious who is more important. Fortunetely even if she became sidesteped (she will not) it will be better than Akane who is sidesteped long time already.

Quote:
And my point with Tidus/Vaan/Tatsumi comparison is that they are not they primary plot drivers. The issues they faced in those worlds weren't their own and only join up with the other characters because they didn't have a choice. They are mostly observers who contribute here and there. As for summoners, last I checked everyone did not just him.
Tatsumi might no drive plot (that would be Prime Minister and Leader of revolution Army, Esdeath maybe Najenda), but he is one who will resolve it. Tatsumi contribute a lot and will be not just key player but most important one. He is pawn that already promoted to Rook.


Quote:
So basically everything should define character's importance, establish his or her place in the story should be toss aside because lol meta?

Nevermind that Akame doesn't even have beef with Kurome, she did not leave because of her, but due to the empire itself. That's why Najenda was able to recruit her, because they share same view. Kurome herself wasn't even brought up until after the 3 Beasts arc. I f she died Akame wouldn't suddenly disappear from the manga. Honestly I have no I idea where something like that came from unless you forgotten the earlier chapters of story.
You are one who bringing Kurome into picture whole time, we are saying she isn't important nor her connection with Akame. Thanks for finaly aknowledging that.



Quote:
Not really. The only people he's saved has been limited to Mein and the occasion random person. Other the hand he's often saved by Akame, Leone or Braht. Braht wasn't the strongest general in the empire, he never attained the rank. It was just stated he wasn't too far from her in overall strength.
He saved Najenda and Leone in previous arc. And I didn't said Braht was strongest but one of strongest. It has to be bad if you can't oppose arguments without twisting them.

Quote:
Tatsumi only has potential to defeat Esdese through Incursio's possible evolutions, he has no chance otherwise. Until then as stated in plot itself, Akame is only person in NR who can do it, and even that is because of Murasame and her being the best fighter in the group.
Tatsumi has potential to defeat Esdeath through Incursio's evolutions. Period. I don's where you get that nonsense Akame can do anything against monster like our little sadist.


Quote:
You should really stop using meta elements define his importance, it makes sound like he's a shallow character who has no real purpose, or attachment to the world. Essentially just a collection of generic tropes. That's not a character, that's avatar or caricature at best. Besides Tatsumi has plenty of his own character so there should be no need for this. The truth of the matter he has less ties to his enemies than most than most of NR outside Schere and Leone. It doesn't mean he doesn't have his own reasons opposing empire, but saying other living members are less relevant when they have just as much if not more motivation to be where they are reeks of bias.

If Akame isn't important, then Tatsumi is even less so from every angle isn't a meta one.
Tatsumi has ties with Jeagers, he has tie with Esdeath, rivalry with Wave for example. And yeah he has own reasons and own character and ON TOP that he is protagonist. Also motivation doesn't have anything to do with they relevance.

To be relevant character has to do more than killing other pawns and eat brontosaurs. And yeah it is also related to panel time.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 16:25   Link #4444
Iron Maw
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Non of characters were born with goal of opposing of empire. All of them reached it in some point.
Ofcourse not, nor is it what I'm saying at all. My point is that Akame, Najenda, Braht and Chelsea didn't have to be convinced like Tatsumi that empire was the source of their troubles, because empire's actions had directly affected them unlike him. He could have easily go home afterwards but was dragged into this mess by Leone (who acknowledged it) and Najenda offered him a deal. It less personal for him.

Quote:
Kuromi (same as Akame) is bishop, Esdeath Queen. It is obvious who is more important
Um what are you talking about? This symbolic nonsense has nothing to do with AgK. Esdese and Kurome are antagonists period. Their importance is mainly derived from fact they're adversaries to NR. Whether they die or change sides the story won't be affected. OTOH, if PM dies the story is over, and Esdese and Kurome's as villains cease to have any meaning. That is why their importance is same, their aren't the brains behind this operation.

Quote:
Fortunetely even if she became sidesteped (she will not) it will be better than Akane who is sidesteped long time already.
Seems like you completely missed meaning when I said sidestepped. It has nothing to do with their characters, but their chances of switching sides. Bring up Akame here makes no sense.

Quote:
Tatsumi might no drive plot (that would be Prime Minister and Leader of revolution Army, Esdeath maybe Najenda), but he is one who will resolve it. Tatsumi contribute a lot and will be not just key player but most important one.
Only people who drive the plot are PM and RA, and ones who going resolve is NR as a whole not just Tatsumi. This isn't a story about some chosen one.

Quote:
He is pawn that already promoted to Rook.
He's the same as he was in the beginning, just stronger and more determined. It's not like his leadership has improved or anything. If Najenda were to die now there highly chance she would leave NR Akame again. I'm not surprise if you have forgotten that Akame's her second in command.

Quote:
You are one who bringing Kurome into picture whole time,
First off, no you did:

Quote:
It doesn't metter why she left goverment, it's not important, neither is her rift with younger sister. It's just backstory even villager B who used be adventure like me before he got arrow into knee has backstory. Kill Kurome and it's ended, Kill Akame and make Tatsumi avange her and story can go on.
Quote:
we are saying she isn't important nor her connection with Akame. Thanks for finaly aknowledging that.
That's funny, I don't recalled saying anything of the sort. I said Kurome wasn't her goal, that is all. You are the one implying that Kurome and Akame's existences are defined by each and when one of them dies then other's role is suddenly over. Who's twisting whose words now?

Quote:
He saved Najenda and Leone in previous arc. And I didn't said Braht was strongest but one of strongest.
Good call, but IIRC he only saved Leone. It was Susanoo who saved everyone in the end while Tatsumi just carried them out. I did indeed misread that part about Braht so apologize for that. My overall point still stands it's not really relevant as only thing he truly inherited was Incursio.

Quote:
It has to be bad if you can't oppose arguments without twisting them.
Except I didn't twist anything, and besides everything I have said is the manga. Look up yourself.

Quote:
Tatsumi has potential to defeat Esdeath through Incursio's evolutions. Period. I don's where you get that nonsense Akame can do anything against monster like our little sadist.
Um yeah, the manga.

Images
ch 19
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This is still their best plan for when time comes to confront her. And this is from the mouth of the author, whether it comes to past is a different issue.

The real irony here is that Incursio being able to possibly counter Esdese's ice was a theory I and several toyed with about a year back. Nothing in the manga actually supports this claim and it's just pure speculation. At the end of the day we don't really how the fight with Esdese, we can only make vague hypothesis on what the characters do now.

Quote:
Tatsumi has ties with Jeagers, he has tie with Esdeath, rivalry with Wave for example.
Every living NR member save for Leone and Rabac has or had ties to Jeagers. Tatsumi isn't particularity special in this area.

Quote:
And yeah he has own reasons and own character and ON TOP that he is protagonist. Also motivation doesn't have anything to do with they relevance.
Never said he didn't have his own reasons, I'm saying Tatsumi only important because story follows him that's all. Switch the POV to Mein, Akame or even Rabac and nothing would change, because in reality he's not more important anyone else. I personally think everyone is vital in NR, you're the one saying otherwise not to mention projecting stuff from other stories instead of looking at what is there.

And WTF at your second point. What is the reason for that said character to even exist then?

Quote:
To be relevant character has to do more than killing other pawns and eat brontosaurs. And yeah it is also related to panel time.
Not to mention mention whining about their adequacy (Tatsumi), being a clumsy (Schere), trolling (Chelsea), bitching (Mein), being a faux playboy (Rabac), fanserivce (Leone) or flaunting their gayness (Braht) while killing pawns which also relates to their panel time. See? I an reduce everyone to their base traits too.

That said this post has pretty much confirmed your extreme bias so there no real point continuing. If you're selectivity ignore a character in the face manga's evidence and author's intent based on whether you like them or not... then not much to discuss.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-06-04 at 16:58.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 17:50   Link #4445
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Ofcourse not, nor is it what I'm saying at all. My point is that Akame, Najenda, Braht and Chelsea didn't have to be convinced like Tatsumi that empire was the source of their troubles, because empire's actions had directly affected them unlike him. He could have easily go home afterwards but was dragged into this mess by Leone (who acknowledged it) and Najenda offered him a deal. It less personal for him.
It doesn't metter if Tatsumi was affected directly by empire or not, his friend was brutaly murdered in front of his eyes and he joined to NR because he doesn't want such thing happen again. Or do you think it was less severe cause it wasn't by PM in person?

Quote:
Um what are you talking about? This symbolic nonsense has nothing to do with AgK. Esdese and Kurome are antagonists period. Their importance is mainly derived from fact they're adversaries to NR. Whether they die or change sides the story won't be affected. OTOH, if PM dies the story is over, and Esdese and Kurome's as villains cease to have any meaning. That is why their importance is same, their aren't the brains behind this operation.
Sure antagonists are just adversery if all antagonist are removed it wouldn't affect story...

...wait without antagonist there would be NO STORY. Oh you mean that only PM is issue, right. But unfortunetely he is just old evil fatman. Every villain can be replaced by bigger one. But spectacular antagonist can be replaced only by other spectacular one because these are who rely makes story.

Quote:
Seems like you completely missed meaning when I said sidestepped. It has nothing to do with their characters, but their chances of switching sides. Bring up Akame here makes no sense.
Sidestepped:avoid (someone or something) by stepping sideways.



Quote:
Only people who drive the plot are PM and RA, and ones who going resolve is NR as a whole not just Tatsumi. This isn't a story about some chosen one.
Of course they will help a bit to our choosen one (by incursio).

Quote:
He's the same as he was in the beginning, just stronger and more determined. It's not like his leadership has improved or anything. If Najenda were to die now there highly chance she would leave NR Akame again. I'm not surprise if you have forgotten that Akame's her second in command.
You don't need leadership to defeat big bad, what you need is be stronger and more determined. Well I am not suprised that I forget Akame is her second in command either. Wait, who were Akame again?


Quote:
First off, no you did:
That's funny, I don't recalled saying anything of the sort. I said Kurome wasn't her goal, that is all. You are the one implying that Kurome and Akame's existences are defined by each and when one of them dies then other's role is suddenly over. Who's twisting whose words now?
nope you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
No Akame's plotline is the main plot and the source of rift between her and Kurome. She left the government precisely because she to bring it down to due what it done to her. Tatsumi wasn't even going to do anything about the empire when his friends died.
Quote:
Good call, but IIRC he only saved Leone. It was Susanoo who saved everyone in the end while Tatsumi just carried them out. I did indeed misread that part about Braht so apologize for that. My overall point still stands it's not really relevant as only thing he truly inherited was Incursio.
Carried out is what I called saving them. It's ok if you misread. I disagree it's only incursio Tatsumi inherited from Braht, he was his mentor afterall.



Quote:
Except I didn't twist anything, and besides everything I have said is the manga. Look up yourself.

Um yeah, the manga.

Images
ch 19
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This is still their best plan for when time comes to confront her. And this is from the mouth of the author, whether it comes to past is a different issue.

The real irony here is that Incursio being able to possibly counter Esdese's ice was a theory I and several toyed with about a year back. Nothing in the manga actually supports this claim and it's just pure speculation. At the end of the day we don't really how the fight with Esdese, we can only make vague hypothesis on what the characters do now.
Whole NR was beaten to pulp by her. Akame can't kill Esdeath if she can't even touch her. She though she can do that and she proven she wrong. Your favourite doesn't have potencial to catch up with her opponent, Incursio has. Manga explicitly said it can evolve and became stronger. It's ONLY tengu that can make difference so it doesn't end like last time. That or twenty additional Teigu users and few division of army (I don't remember exact numbers, you are free refresh my memory).



Quote:
Every living NR member save for Leone and Rabac has or had ties to Jeagers. Tatsumi isn't particularity special in this area.
Thanks for aknowledging my point again. Everyone has, so it's not realy important part.

Quote:
Never said he didn't have his own reasons, I'm saying Tatsumi only important because story follows him that's all. Switch the POV to Mein, Akame or even Rabac and nothing would change, because in reality he's not more important anyone else. I personally think everyone is vital in NR, you're the one saying otherwise not to mention projecting stuff from other stories instead of looking at what is there.

And WTF at your second point. What is the reason for that said character to even exist then?
Lets see, Mein... yeah it could work: she has strong connection with Tatsumi, Akame - it would be aspull: not important enough, Rabac - I wish see his spin off, but he wouldn't be able carry story here. Leone - she has strong presence, it might actualy work. Najenda she is leader but not hero material.

And motivation is important for character itself, but what makes character important is it's impact on plot and other characters.

Quote:
Not to mention mention whining about their adequacy (Tatsumi), being a clumsy (Schere), trolling (Chelsea), bitching (Mein), being a faux playboy (Rabac), fanserivce (Leone) or flaunting their gayness (Braht) while killing pawns which also relates to their panel time. See? I an reduce everyone to their base traits too.
But I didn't have to reduce anything.

Quote:
That said this post has pretty much confirmed your extreme bias so there no real point continuing. If you're selectivity ignore a character in the face manga's evidence and author's intent based on whether you like them or not... then not much to discuss.
I like Akame, she is quite cute when she appear (noone can eat brontosaurs in such cute manner as her), why you think I don't? And I still waiting for evidence you mentioned.

Anyway if Takahiro had some intend with her he probably already forgot about it. That you can't accept that pretty much confirmed your extreme bias, so I agree there is no point continuing.

EDIT: these text blocks realy have to stop.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-06-04 at 18:10.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 21:29   Link #4446
Iron Maw
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Just going to hit a few final points at that's it.

Quote:
Sure antagonists are just adversery if all antagonist are removed it wouldn't affect story...

...wait without antagonist there would be NO STORY. Oh you mean that only PM is issue, right. But unfortunetely he is just old evil fatman. Every villain can be replaced by bigger one. But spectacular antagonist can be replaced only by other spectacular one because these are who rely makes story.
I don't understand what you're getting at here. Who's talking about removing what? As I'm saying for the third time, the endpoints of both Esdese and Kurome's characters is either turning traitor or dying, because they are not the Big Bad(s) of this story. Whatever happens to them after their defeat won't end the story. It doesn't matter if you like him or not Takahiro has designated PM for all intents and purposes as the mastermind chaos in AgK. If you have an issue with that you can take up with the author.

Quote:
You don't need leadership to defeat big bad, what you need is be stronger and more determined. Well I am not suprised that I forget Akame is her second in command either. Wait, who were Akame again?
Then that's you problem if you have such short attention span not manga's. Those events happened taht all that matters. It just means you're less qualified to be arguing who has an actual role in this story or not.

Quote:
nope you:
Exactly. I said Akame's goal is take-down the government (the main plotline) not kill Kurome. Kurome's antagonism is partly a sideeffect of those actions as far we know. If Kurome joined NR, it would not change this goal. Nothing to do about Kurome being unimportant which you claimed I was saying.

Quote:
Whole NR was beaten to pulp by her. Akame can't kill Esdeath if she can't even touch her. She though she can do that and she proven she wrong. Your favourite doesn't have potencial to catch up with her opponent, Incursio has. Manga explicitly said it can evolve and became stronger. It's ONLY tengu that can make difference so it doesn't end like last time. That or twenty additional Teigu users and few division of army (I don't remember exact numbers, you are free refresh my memory).
That's great and all that you think Tatsumi might beat her himself, but my point is the original story yet either foreshadow or acknowledge it at all, in fact it's gone out to say the opposite. Just as you pointed out Najenda stated that not one person is strong enough to be Esdese alone. Besides we yet see Akame and Esdese battle either, and I doubt strategy is based is having Akame fighting her one on one.

Lastly, Akame isn't my favorite character, that would be Mein, or Chelsea. I'm defending her because of misinformation that is going on. I would do the same with any person in cast. You can love or hate her all you want, but saying she or any major character is irrelevant is different thing altogether.

Quote:
Lets see, Mein... yeah it could work: she has strong connection with Tatsumi, Akame - it would be aspull: not important enough, Rabac - I wish see his spin off, but he wouldn't be able carry story here. Leone - she has strong presence, it might actualy work. Najenda she is leader but not hero material.
I don't you understand what POV is. It's about "perspective" not about changing the plot (though that is not impossible). In otherwords for example Mein's connections and events that surround her and Tatsumi ultimately would not change. The only thing that would happen is that we would be reading her thoughts and the story would focus her instead. You may or may not like reading her thoughts, but that's it.

An Asspull is about the author violating his own established rules and continuity to write himself out of corner with no prior build or hint. These two literary devices have jack all to do one another. You can't asspull POV because it doesn't fundamentally work like that.

Quote:
And motivation is important for character itself, but what makes character important is it's impact on plot and other characters.
No, all of those combined together make a character relevant, it's not just one thing. You OTOH have been trying to downplay motivation for whatever reason.

Quote:
But I didn't have to reduce anything.

I like Akame, she is quite cute when she appear (noone can eat brontosaurs in such cute manner as her), why you think I don't? And I still waiting for evidence you mentioned.

Anyway if Takahiro had some intend with her he probably already forgot about it. That you can't accept that pretty much confirmed your extreme bias, so I agree there is no point continuing.
But you did, and I like her too, but it has little to do with her eating habits. It same way how my liking of Mein doesn't have much to do with her being a tsundere. If going to say all Akame has is quirks going for her in the plot then none of the other characters do either. Otherwise she just as important as anyone else.

That all I have to say on this.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 22:28   Link #4447
OverSeer
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
^ What is going on up there?? 0_O
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 23:05   Link #4448
Iron Maw
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Just a friendly debate, for most part.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 02:38   Link #4449
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
- Story is more than just about beating Big Bad, (I myself wouldn't be suprised if it was Esdeath who kills PM anyway) and characters are as important as plot makes them. But from most time screen time = importance. Is it meta? Yes, fortunetely meta reasons are most influntal one in fiction. You have to deal with it.
- Everyone has intend take down goverment, it's not measure of importance
- It's nice to know you don't favour her, but in that case I don't understand where your bias comes from. If it comes down to it only reason why you say she is important is that she is motivated to defeat goverment, which is far from enough.
- NR strategy is AVOID Esdeadth, because they aren't able beat her. Manga made assentment of strenght and it's far from NR scope.
- Depending on perspective you have to change plot, you also can't give perspective just anyone. If you thing you can it's just mean you don't understand how story works. Mein, Leone, Wave would work. Akame, Rabac and Najenda would not (Akame and Rabac might make good Decoy protagonists if Tatsumi were to come back). And because POV follow certain established rules it can be asspull.
- Every single character has motivation, and these who don't will find it by end of story. It's not important to plot only to characterisation. You are saying she is important BECAUSE she has motivation, which means you downplay other two aspects if you think it's make character important.

In the end it cames down to fact you don't understand how story works. If you think meta reasons are not important it's no wonder. I am finished here, come back after reading "How to write fiction for dummies" if you add "How to write fiction for advanced" we might even end having nice discussion.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 07:20   Link #4450
hamazura
whatever
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: wherever
my eyes hurt
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 09:22   Link #4451
Kiltias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Thoughts on Art and Design for the Anime?
Night Raid meeting Room:

Spoiler for Design1:


Imperial City:
Spoiler for Design2:


Palace:
Spoiler for Design3:
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 11:10   Link #4452
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Imperial city looks like nice place to live, doesn't it?
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 11:15   Link #4453
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
^Knowing what happen behind those walls....no thanks.

Though, I have to agree with you that is a nice place.....if you only see the place from outside without knowing the hidden true.

Thanks for the pic, Kiltias.
I really like how they make the various places.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 11:15   Link #4454
hamazura
whatever
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: wherever
holy shit that screenshot, is that ufotable-class animation? O_o
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 11:26   Link #4455
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
holy shit that screenshot, is that ufotable-class animation? O_o
Those are concept art, not screenshots.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 11:58   Link #4456
Kiltias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Imperial city looks like nice place to live, doesn't it?

Quote:
^Knowing what happen behind those walls....no thanks.
It's like one of those rip-off travel agency offers.
Where they make it look like a beautiful place, but then it turns out a shit hole that is hard to get away from.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 12:50   Link #4457
Rogue66
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
The design look good so far.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 15:25   Link #4458
Iron Maw
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
Imperial City:
Spoiler for Design2:
From this view the capital looks a lot like one of the walled cities from Shingeki no Kyojin. In fact IIRC the walls here are even bigger and longer that of those in that series. Similarity capital also has canals and rivers, but they sound more complex here as so many more of them than opposite just one in SnK. Not too mention those canals are pretty much all that connects the upper, middle and lower districts and such together.

Of course this fairly easy to forget all that since the manga either shows off generic locations of it or just palace 90% of the time. =/

Hopefully the anime rectify that a bit and gives us some scenery porn with these vistas. It will well to immerse anime only viewers into the world too.

On another note, I just finished the latest chapter of both AgK and Zero. Main story was pretty uneventful this time around and had like the shortest page counts in the series so far. Nice to know Najenda is aware of Rabac's feelings, but it's even less likely that anything will come of it at least before one of them dies anyway. The lampshading of how Leone and Akame were the only ones left out shipping was funny though.

Zero on the other hand was the better of the two this month. It never occurred to that Akame and Chelsea crossed paths in the past, but does make a of lot sense. at least we know she won't die here, the other two however don't have such luxury. Especially Taeko after that declaration about her strength. Still it will be interesting how that confrontation between Akame and Chelsea play out here.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-06-06 at 15:50. Reason: AgK is a monthly series ^^;
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 15:58   Link #4459
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Akame ga Kill volume 10 cover



And here is AGKZero first volume cover



Mein gets a second cover only for her. Ha!!
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 16:02   Link #4460
bastek66
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
- NR strategy is AVOID Esdeadth, because they aren't able beat her. Manga made assentment of strenght and it's far from NR scope.
It's not just a stategy, it's way to prolong the manga because after recent asspull power up Esdese is broken character that is too strong to life. That's why arc with her dead was and still will be by her absence.
__________________
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.