AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-30, 17:20   Link #261
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Great, more fuel for the "awards are biased towards movies" fire...

If it's the same plot, same characters, same settings, same everything it's the same show in my book; voting for something like "K-on!" vs "K-on!!" is kind of annoying as well. In the future the contest should just go with "franchise name", in my opinion.
Old 2011-01-30, 17:23   Link #262
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Going by the list just Arawaka without season would be for season 1 (which kind of makes sense), although I think in the future we should just say that multiple seasons during the same year count as one season.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 17:31   Link #263
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Going by the list just Arawaka without season would be for season 1 (which kind of makes sense)
Not really, technically it should mean "latest one". If I were having a discussion when Nanoha StrikerS was airing or soon after, and using the series name "Nanoha" everyone would understand it as the StrikerS seasons, if I wanted to refer to previous seasons I would have to explicitly say season 1, or A's for the second season. When you say Naruto for example, most people will think of Naruto: Shippuden not Naruto first half. As @Blue-kun said it's covered. However, it's really a case of "if you get it wrong you're screwed" kind of covered, since Ansalem uses the ambiguous spelling for season 1.
Old 2011-01-30, 18:45   Link #264
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Not really, technically it should mean "latest one". If I were having a discussion when Nanoha StrikerS was airing or soon after, and using the series name "Nanoha" everyone would understand it as the StrikerS seasons, if I wanted to refer to previous seasons I would have to explicitly say season 1, or A's for the second season. When you say Naruto for example, most people will think of Naruto: Shippuden not Naruto first half. As @Blue-kun said it's covered. However, it's really a case of "if you get it wrong you're screwed" kind of covered, since Ansalem uses the ambiguous spelling for season 1.
Actually if someone says Naruto to me I assume they are talking about the first half. But maybe I'm strange that way.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-01-31, 03:48   Link #265
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I might aswell put my results up for the other categories. Again, I did the tally by hand so I've only got the ones that got the higher scores:
Spoiler for space:

You'll also be pleased to know that I've got around 80% of the pictures already so the OP will be up today (Tommorrow if there are any screw ups).

Last edited by Haak; 2011-01-31 at 04:51.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 05:35   Link #266
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Which pictures are you missing @Haak?
Old 2011-01-31, 09:08   Link #267
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I might aswell put my results up for the other categories. Again, I did the tally by hand so I've only got the ones that got the higher scores:
Spoiler for space:

You'll also be pleased to know that I've got around 80% of the pictures already so the OP will be up today (Tommorrow if there are any screw ups).
Added to the compilation post

Tags
choice awards