AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-05-07, 09:06   Link #481
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
By the way, I noticed that Dahara is getting ignored by Koharun as she goes to Valkana instead. I feel that he'll become so angry that Dahara will try to murder Valkana out of spite!

On the other hand, are Nyanta's bullies scared that angering the bees would hurt them other than scaring the shit out of Nyanta?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 09:26   Link #482
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

silly Jigoku-san, putting breast implants on your head does not make you taller!! makes me even wonder how he looks when he's bald?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 09:30   Link #483
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Just found out that the title of the series, Mayoiga, means Illusion House. Well, that makes sense from what we saw in the last episode.
Well, the show is honestly titled anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I must agree there. I sort of figure she heard the term somewhere and became obsessed, but usually you hear abuse victims shout other things instead.
Agreed, that makes sense.

Quote:
Those weren't bumblebees I don't think. They might have been honeybees, but they looked like hornets to me. And like I said, hornets are especially deadly. There are several deaths every year caused by those extremely aggressive little monsters. Shooting at a hornet's nest while someone is tied up directly beneath it is no laughing matter, and I suspect many courts would find terms like "reckless endangerment" to be far too light.
Interesting info, and thanks for sharing it. I never knew before just how deadly everyday hornets could be.

Quote:
Also, one thing I'm waiting for is to see someone die of fright. Panic can literally be deadly if it goes unchecked for too long, and some of these people are being pushed to such a point that one of these attacks could actually kill them. Some of their hearts have to have suffered some serious stress from all this crap.
Agreed. It would make sense for one or more of them to suffer a heart attack after one too many panic attacks.

Quote:
I'm sorry, I love lovey-dovey couples, but they frankly seem kind of fake in the way they overact their romance.
It does feel kinda forced and overdone to me as well.

Maybe this is meant to poke fun at how incest is frequently portrayed/handled in anime. It's generally not very realistic.

If I take Manbe/Pii-Tan seriously, I'd guess that each has had failed relationships in the past, but wanted to feel like they're in a romance with someone that won't let them down. As brother/sister they know each other well, and that creates a certain comfort level. From there, they basically play-act a romance between each other to try to get the feel of a romance. It could be that, as well as a desire to break taboos for its own sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
By the way, I noticed that Dahara is getting ignored by Koharun as she goes to Valkana instead. I feel that he'll become so angry that Dahara will try to murder Valkana out of spite!
Good point. I think they're probably building up to something like that.
Old 2016-05-07, 09:41   Link #484
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Nyanta - The severity of the bullying was truly over the top, as BWTraveller pointed out. The fact it involved bumble-bees does give it a somewhat farcical feeling.
Depends on whether you're judging by the standards of real life or shoujo manga. Because compared to series like Arisa and Life, that's actually not totally outrageous.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 10:13   Link #485
Key Board
Carbon

Well I can agree that Okada is not good at being subtle

but that's iconic of her by now

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 10:48   Link #486
moridin84
Custom User Title

That totally-in-love-for-reals couple are supposed to be brother and sister?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
silly Jigoku-san, putting breast implants on your head does not make you taller!! makes me even wonder how he looks when he's bald?
Apparently it's a real thing
http://www.asianplasticsurgeryguide....adimplant.html
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 11:13   Link #487
xeviouses

Those are not bumblebees...they're japanese hornets right? Brr...bad way to go that.

Hehe finally lovepon gets her comeuppance!

Even with all these backstories, I can't care for these characters MC most of all.
Old 2016-05-07, 11:46   Link #488
mergele

Dying out of fear does not necessarily have to be because of a heart attack. If you go into a state of shock your arterys towards your limbs thighten. If you remain that way too long necrosis might start and you can get literally poisoned by the remnants of your own cells. Not exactly a fast death, but a death nontheless.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 12:16   Link #489
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It still doesn't feel like a true 'parody' though. There's probably a more proper word to describe this over-the-top-ness while still playing everything straight.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 12:43   Link #490
Utsuro no Hako

If you don't think a guy getting attacked by a three ton boob is parody, I don't know what to tell you.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 12:45   Link #491
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It would be parody if it was played for comedy, but it wasn't.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 13:18   Link #492
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Coz Masaki is immune to whatever shit happening in that damn village
Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Well either the other guys were affected by the smoke and she didn't breath in as much, or she's not taking the same drugs or whatever as the rest.

Come to think of it, there are probably drug in the food.
I can only hope they show why Masaki is so special right before the series ends.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 13:54   Link #493
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Interesting info, and thanks for sharing it. I never knew before just how deadly everyday hornets could be.
It's not the case with ALL hornets, but Japan has a very nasty species that is known to show up all over the place. It's called the Japanese Giant Hornet, or Suzume-bachi, and along with size it is fiercely aggressive, has a rather long stinger, injects a lot of poison with each sting, and has been responsible for a lot of deaths every year. I'm not sure whether those were supposed to be that species or not, but it's a possibility and you generally don't get close enough to differentiate since they're so aggressive. Then again, even if they were a less aggressive species with a lighter sting, break the hive directly over a girl and they'd attack in seriously dangerous numbers, enough that if she didn't get away soon enough her life would be in serious danger.

Also, good point mergele, there are certainly a lot of ways a person can die from fright. Severe fear causes the entire body to act up in different ways, but ways that are generally designed to push things to their upper limits. The body was not designed to run at 100% frequently or for an extended period, so putting a person in a place where they're put into a state of absolute terror repeatedly and stressed to that point, something's bound to break. I haven't heard about necrosis resulting from severe panic before, but man that would seriously be a terrible way to go. The "safest" thing I can think is if the fear reaction itself breaks, which it sometimes does, leaving the person apathetic and indifferent to threats. This is relatively safe stress-wise since you don't care enough to get worked up, but having your body's self-defense instinct short-circuit is pretty bad in its own way.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 14:09   Link #494
Wandering Soul

Well, they just revealed the back stories for four characters. I could sort of understand some of those backstories,but I lost it at the silicon boob monster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
I noticed that too and it does seems like they are building up to Dahra attacking Valkana.
Old 2016-05-07, 14:12   Link #495
carcanclaw
Kitty?

I'm hoping we get to see more of those backstories, I was more interested in them than the present day plot.

Really curious how Nyanta's situation ended after the beehive was shot, I'd be surprised if the bullies didn't get attacked as well.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 14:15   Link #496
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
If you don't think a guy getting attacked by a three ton boob is parody, I don't know what to tell you.
There were some pretty weird Titans in Attack on Titan too but I wouldn't call that a parody. I think this is just an absurdist element that some people like to use in horror. Perhaps the absurdity of it can actually make it more horrifying because there's an extra insult to injury in that it's lacking in dignity.

Or maybe Okada is just fucking with us. I don't know either.

Something tells me Lovepon would really get along well with a Dalek.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 15:11   Link #497
Arya

I really doubt they were giant hornets. I think no one would play with them, they are not called giant for nothing after all, normal wasps, like what they seemed, would have been more than enough.
Spoiler:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 15:31   Link #498
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Normal wasps would've been bad enough for me. I'm fucking terrified of those arseholes.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 15:57   Link #499
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Lets see here, inhuman horrors that represent one's issues. Definitely getting a Silent Hill vibe from this one, however, the sudden appearance of those giant... things did definitely break the subtlety and pacing of the story.

Still, I will continue watching this, however, I'd say any chances of this being the next Higurashi were out the window a while ago.

Now, we as with every work of fiction where mysterious supernatural phenomena happen, just have to figure out, what is causing this time!

Is it:

demons?

aliens?

Cthulhu?

a curse?

a virus?

drugs?

or is it all in your head?
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 16:21   Link #500
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I really doubt they were giant hornets. I think no one would play with them, they are not called giant for nothing after all, normal wasps, like what they seemed, would have been more than enough.
Spoiler:
Indeed they'd be enough. As I said, even if it was normal bees or wasps, being stuck directly under a nest that'd just been attacked could easily be deadly. At the distance she was at, aggression wouldn't be a big factor. They'd be in a frenzy trying to defend their nest, and she was well within the range where just about any species would treat her as a major threat in such a situation. Asian Giant Hornets would've almost certainly killed her, but even standard wasps wouldn't have that much trouble getting the job done unless she found a way to get out relatively quickly. The venom injected may be a small fraction of the lethal does, but an entire hive furiously stinging her over and over wouldn't have all that much trouble reaching the mark. That's why this is one thing that for me doesn't qualify as "bullying". Bullying is doing something to humiliate, intimidate or injure another person. When you take it to a level where death is a very clear possibility and you still couldn't care less, I'd personally call it attempted murder.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote