Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-05, 17:52   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 481 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2007-12-05, 19:16   Link #2
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler for Unconfirmed Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-05, 20:56   Link #3
naruto89

Gear 2? that seems silly considering he couldnt move in the previous chapter

Moria absorbing the shadows would of been uber cool had luffy not done it 3 chapters ago but i guess it would put a smile on "the phenomenals" face

I guess that means that the rest of the crew will have to be knocked out again as theyve already had thier limelight with the combo attacks and if this is true i would be severely dissapointed if someone doesnt intervene and luffy finishes this in gear 2.

Ill speculate that Moria will attempt to absorb all the shadows(including the rest of the strawhats)and it will be too much for him and he will implode and end up releasing all the shadows or something cheesy like that.
Old 2007-12-05, 21:05   Link #4
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
Gear 2? that seems silly considering he couldnt move in the previous chapter

Moria absorbing the shadows would of been uber cool had luffy not done it 3 chapters ago but i guess it would put a smile on "the phenomenals" face .
YEAH BABY!!!!

I told you guys a Shichibukai is SUPPOSE to have his own battle power!

Go Moria.
Old 2007-12-06, 00:29   Link #5
Master Mold
Banned

Gald, that Moria is going to get down using his own power. Moria up & 1000 shadow's augmented, That would explain why Moria was talking down to Odr, when he was geting the stuffing knocked out of him by Nightmare Luffy. That also would explain what he ment by "I'm giving you a chance to fight me. Defeat me, and I will release all the shadows. Come at me all together, Just know that you cannot get to me unless you beat Odz first."
Old 2007-12-06, 00:50   Link #6
eLstar
(^_^)v

Yeah this arc cant end without Luffy owning another Shichibukai. What about the rest of the crew? They have to be running around doing something!
Old 2007-12-06, 01:09   Link #7
Master Mold
Banned

They are going to help Luffy fight Odr.
Old 2007-12-06, 04:42   Link #8
Nuzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
YEAH BABY!!!!

I told you guys a Shichibukai is SUPPOSE to have his own battle power!

Go Moria.
What, so Moria using the shadows of OTHERS in his minions is absolutely horrible, but as long as he stuffs them in himself, it's fine?

WTF, man.

Edit: Different matter... how would this work? Luffy is preparing for Gear 2nd AS the sun is rising? Must mean Moria goes down quickly, or maybe after he woke up he altered the course of the ship. Anyway, I kinda hope that spoiler isn't true, but I do want Moria to fight some more. 1000 shadows just seems like a total overload.
Old 2007-12-06, 06:22   Link #9
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuzzles View Post
What, so Moria using the shadows of OTHERS in his minions is absolutely horrible, but as long as he stuffs them in himself, it's fine?

WTF, man.

Edit: Different matter... how would this work? Luffy is preparing for Gear 2nd AS the sun is rising? Must mean Moria goes down quickly, or maybe after he woke up he altered the course of the ship. Anyway, I kinda hope that spoiler isn't true, but I do want Moria to fight some more. 1000 shadows just seems like a total overload.
Actually, though, wouldn't he just lose control of them all at the 10-minute mark? That way they'd more or less get their shadows back just for enduring that long. The sunrise and the ultra-super-powered-up Moria make that complicated though...
Old 2007-12-06, 06:35   Link #10
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Guess he is in same condition as he is in jet gattling move.
3 Roku-ou-gan = shadows effect
Gear three = gear three
and If Luffy survived through all that rokushiki things he can use 2-3 gears more in this condition I guess..If the shadows exhausted him already and if he is at his limit...then next chapter = jet storm to end all this shadow things
Old 2007-12-06, 09:16   Link #11
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

i sooooooooooooo want to see luffy beat up moria

but it would be cool(I mean funny) if moria lost control almost as soon as he sucks up the shadows
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2007-12-06, 12:03   Link #12
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:

WTF, man..
That's right, shadows is Moria's ability, The Kage Kage Power!
Old 2007-12-06, 12:37   Link #13
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
Moria absorbing the shadows would of been uber cool had luffy not done it 3 chapters ago but i guess it would put a smile on "the phenomenals" face
Indeed... Had Luffy not revealed this power up by using it himself, this would be a major "OMFG!" moment right here... now it's much more "meh, seen it"
Sure i thought Moira was done, but seeing him get back up and using shadows to augment himself is really no surprise at all

Also, there are pics out... seems when the orginal spoiler said "giant", they meant "bloated"
grant it, I will actually be surprised if Moria is fast it that form... i mean, Luffy looked insanely muscled what he used the power (fast and strong), but Moria just got fatter (just strong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuzzles
Different matter... how would this work? Luffy is preparing for Gear 2nd AS the sun is rising? Must mean Moria goes down quickly, or maybe after he woke up he altered the course of the ship. Anyway, I kinda hope that spoiler isn't true, but I do want Moria to fight some more. 1000 shadows just seems like a total overload.
Well, there's two possibilities... either Moria is gonna get knocked down really fast and all the shadows will be returned OR Luffy will manage to get his own shadow back thus allowing him to fight as long as he needs to and those who lost their shadows will retreat under the shade

Quote:
That's right, shadows is Moria's ability, The Kage Kage Power!
And brining Zombies to life that are 100% loyal to him and that he can order around and support them are ALSO part of Moria's abilities, as Oz would not live without Moria's power...
Really, Moria using the power of 1000 OTHER poeple is not much different from Moria using Oz to fight

not to mention, unlike other villians, this truly is a last ditch desperation attack on Moria's part... i mean, it took him 10 years to collect all of those shadows and in 10 mintues all those shadows will be released; it'll be another 10 years before Moria can do this again ... Hell, by your definations from the other thread, this also doesn't "prove" how Moria got his status as a shichibukai... just as Moria did not have Oz 10 years ago, he also didn't have this many shadows and as such could not use a move like this to this extent...

Your reactions are actually hilarious to read since just 2 chapters ago you were calling Oda a bad writer, that this entire arc failed, and that Moria was weak
Old 2007-12-06, 12:46   Link #14
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
And brining Zombies to life that are 100% loyal to him and that he can order around and support them are ALSO part of Moria's abilities, as Oz would not live without Moria's power...
Really, Moria using the power of 1000 OTHER poeple is not much different from Moria using Oz to fight

not to mention, unlike other villians, this truly is a last ditch desperation attack on Moria's part... i mean, it took him 10 years to collect all of those shadows and in 10 mintues all those shadows will be released; it'll be another 10 years before Moria can do this again ... Hell, by your definations from the other thread, this also doesn't "prove" how Moria got his status as a shichibukai... just as Moria did not have Oz 10 years ago, he also didn't have this many shadows and as such could not use a move like this to this extent...

Your reactions are actually hilarious to read since just 2 chapters ago you were calling Oda a bad writer, that this entire arc failed, and that Moria was weak

Now that Moria is actually using the Kaga Kage abilities for himself, this arc doesn't fail nor is the writer bad! Moria is simply fighting now, lets go Shichibukai!!!
Old 2007-12-06, 13:30   Link #15
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Moria is simply fighting now, lets go Shichibukai!!!
Immediate turn from the failure to success. If you have waited for a few chapters, you wouldn't have to break Oda's heart. Any note you want me to deliver to Oda? (jk)

Anyways, I am glad Moria returned (he was at least able to use his large body to avoid damage that would have erased the existence of Crocodile in a second), and he is doing what we were discussing not long ago, mainly using the shadows himself, by putting them inside his body instead of using other soulless creatures as the medium for those shadows. Now, Luffy has no choice but to use his Gears, and I wonder if he will able to develop another one during the fighting (such as the expected joint gear2 and gear3 mode).

And, after this fight ends, I hope, there won't be any question marks left on Luffy's strength compared to Shichibukai.
Old 2007-12-06, 13:34   Link #16
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Immediate turn from the failure to success. If you have waited for a few chapters, you wouldn't have to break Oda's heart. Any note you want me to deliver to Oda? (jk)
The Writer did a good job.

Quote:
And, after this fight ends, I hope, there won't be any question marks left on Luffy's strength compared to Shichibukai.
Uh, from the summaries that are out, Luffy is not just fighting Moria but the ENTIRE SH crew is getting ready to fight.
Old 2007-12-06, 13:40   Link #17
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Uh, from the summaries that are out, Luffy is not just fighting Moria but the ENTIRE SH crew is getting ready to fight.
Luffy has always been the one to finish the strongest enemy. I doubt this fight will change that process, mainly because it is his duty as the captain.

My only concern right now is the remaining time, and that should mean the fight should not take long. In that case, I wonder what your response regarding Oda will be, if Moria's awakening to the nightmare mode was only for the purpose of going down for good in the next chapter by the same kind of hits, this time by the non-shadow enhanced Luffy.
Old 2007-12-06, 13:57   Link #18
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Luffy has always been the one to finish the strongest enemy. I doubt this fight will change that process, mainly because it is his duty as the captain.
I could have sword you guys thought Odz was the strogest enemy?

Luffy is going to need help, hence why the SH crew is preparing to fight. Luffy isn't goingto beat Moria by himself if that is what you are implying.

Quote:
My only concern right now is the remaining time, and that should mean the fight should not take long. In that case, I wonder what your response regarding Oda will be, if Moria's awakening to the nightmare mode was only for the purpose of going down for good in the next chapter by the same kind of hits, this time by the non-shadow enhanced Luffy.
If Moria goes down, it will be a TEAM effort, not just by your precious Luffy. It seems your trying so hard to prove Luffy is Shichibukai status (in terms of power) well he is not...So far.
Old 2007-12-06, 14:38   Link #19
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
If Moria goes down, it will be a TEAM effort, not just by your precious Luffy. It seems your trying so hard to prove Luffy is Shichibukai status (in terms of power) well he is not...So far.
You are also forgetting Luffy has always been fighting in enemy's ground.

Againt Enel, it was the gold that Enel was able to utilize against Luffy, you cannot find an opportunity like that easily.

Against Crocodile it was the characteristics of the location, mainly the sand which constitutes the basis for Croc's main fighting power.

Against Moria, it was the lost shadows that have been claimed by Moria which gave him extra - some may say unfair - strength.

In short, none of the fights are fought on equal grounds, but Luffy seems to be "always" on the disadvantageous side, but still claiming the top at the end despite being blamed by not being strong enough to be able to beat the opponent on equal grounds, strangely.

Anyways, just like Luffy almost getting rid of Odz by himself, the others fought to a level but it was Luffy who actually finished him (by bringing him to the level of not being able to give any bigger trouble), expecting something different against Moria would be, let's say, unethical for the story. It can happen, but it normally shouldn't.

Lastly, that precious Luffy is not my precious Luffy. It's Oda's precious character whom he wrote his destiny as to become the strongest living character by claiming the title of the Pirate King. None of "your" precious Shichibukais, basically neither Crocodile nor Moria, are/were courageous, strong, and talented enough to be able to reach that goal or level.
Old 2007-12-06, 15:02   Link #20
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
You are also forgetting Luffy has always been fighting in enemy's ground.

Againt Enel, it was the gold that Enel was able to utilize against Luffy, you cannot find an opportunity like that easily.

Against Crocodile it was the characteristics of the location, mainly the sand which constitutes the basis for Croc's main fighting power.

Against Moria, it was the lost shadows that have been claimed by Moria which gave him extra - some may say unfair - strength.

In short, none of the fights are fought on equal grounds, but Luffy seems to be "always" on the disadvantageous side, but still claiming the top at the end despite being blamed by not being strong enough to be able to beat the opponent on equal grounds, strangely.

Anyways, just like Luffy almost getting rid of Odz by himself, the others fought to a level but it was Luffy who actually finished him (by bringing him to the level of not being able to give any bigger trouble), expecting something different against Moria would be, let's say, unethical for the story. It can happen, but it normally shouldn't.
Uh, Luffy needed a power-up to even do what he did against Odz and the ENTIRE SH crew finished Odz off not Luffy. Luffy has yet to prove that he is on a Shichibukai's level in terms of power.

Quote:
Lastly, that precious Luffy is not my precious Luffy. It's Oda's precious character whom he wrote his destiny as to become the strongest living character by claiming the title of the Pirate King. None of "your" precious Shichibukais, basically neither Crocodile nor Moria, are/were courageous, strong, and talented enough to be able to reach that goal or level.
That's because they don't have plot to help them like Luffy.
Closed Thread