AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-06-09, 23:56   Link #25301
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Spoiler for I Am Death:
Was a nice reading, even when I don't see anything related with the Nanoha universe, it was quite enjoyable and the music swited very well.
Old 2010-06-10, 00:12   Link #25302
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Alright, so I did say I was doing something like this. It's rough and mostly unedited, but it should be fine. I decided use an original character to help establish the situation, but for most people, they'll recognize the OC. For those who don't, you can check this link.

Anyhoo, here it is, so enj--dear lord I am being eaten.

*Tempest drops this as he flails and runs away*

Spoiler for First Side Dish: Aftermath:
...and so the madness is doubled. A devastating shift in the time-space continuum aside, tis is cute!

For some reason, Lilia liking sweets computes to hell and back again, twice!!

Good luck with the next short. And take care of Heineko as well while you're at it! She's still chewing on you after all!

*fleeeeeeeeez*
Old 2010-06-10, 00:21   Link #25303
Heinekochan
Nyaa! ^w^

Quote:
Alright, so I did say I was doing something like this. It's rough and mostly unedited, but it should be fine. I decided use an original character to help establish the situation, but for most people, they'll recognize the OC. For those who don't, you can check this link.

For a moment there, I thought Chrono was digging for a pair of sunglasses before he made the declaration. Onii-sama mentioned Kevin before, but he never said that the chef was from Earth! And I think Shana is a very sweet name for S-chan. Plus points for the Death Note shoutout! L rawks!

Hope there's more coming. I know you can cook it up good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
take care of Heineko as well while you're at it! She's still chewing on you after all!

*fleeeeeeeeez*
Eh? Onii-saaamaaa! Waaaaait!!

*chases*
Heinekochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 00:55   Link #25304
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Here's my take on the Materials/Aces Double Harem story but rather than got into comedy right away, I want to build some backstory on the Materials meeting Yuuno. Keep in mind that my only exposure to the main series is through the manga and I have yet to go through the three seasons (and I currently don't have the urge to marathon all that since I got a lot of other things on my plate).

Set roughly between Vivid and Force (year 0080 Mid-Childa calendar).

Spoiler for Material Days Test Snippet:
Oooh! This looks good! I wanna see more!

Quote:

*Shudders* Oh dear lords! D has the Ojou laugh! Okay, anyway... Heh, this is pretty good as well. I can't wait to see what happens to him and them next. Man, S can really come across as creepy huh?

Hmm... Are the Materials going to go to the same school as the Aces?

That would be interesting.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 04:17   Link #25305
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Ehh. I didn't pick up on that. It sounded more like Material-S successfully seduced or convinced Yuuno, rather than force herself upon him. Personally, I like the "Materials <3 Yuuno" path, which cascades into "Everyone <3 Yuuno."

/me head explodes from crack
Ah well, another failure to live and learn from.

Also, that's a nice start to your Materials fic; hoping to see more.

Quote:
/me sues for $6.14

Now I can buy lunch.

No, I don't think there was one. It was the standard 3 Aces. But who knows, maybe she's unlocked if you complete the Hayate route.
NOOOO MAI MUNNEH

*Makes note to request Rein Eins as an option if a remake comes out*

I've been considering the Shadow(s?)verse; for those who contribute to it, may I ask some questions for the purpose of getting my lore right?

1: When did Chrono become head of the NSIS?

2: Who knows Chrono's head of the NSIS?

3: What is the jurisidiction of the NSIS? Is it limited to only internal or external, or does it operate both within and without the TSAB-administrated worlds? How about counter-espionage and internal security?

4: What is the approach to those who have discovered things they shouldn't have? From Celica's case, I'm guessing elimination is the standard? Or is her's unrepresentative?

5: What if the perpetrator cannot be eliminated violently for whatever reasons? Say, too politically vital, too politically or violently powerful, has a backer who will fuck the NSIS's shit up if anything happens to him/her, etc.
5a: Perpetrator doesn't have anything that can be used as blackmail/offer you can't refuse material or is one of those pesky Unfettered chaps who doesn't care.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!

Last edited by WarpObscura; 2010-06-10 at 07:19.
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 07:41   Link #25306
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Not the ff.net version, though, which led me to have the same "Wait a sec..." moment that spawn did.

(By the way, if you haven't yet read The Deep Shadow of Chrono Harlaown yet, you should. Spawnofthejudge has contributed one story to Shadowverse canon, and in it basically defined Chrono's character for the rest of us. Which I now realize, in having trouble finding it, that I have neglected to fave there. *corrects oversight*)
:-D I swear to God I'll write something else in Shadows as soon as I have another decent idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Lutecia: Seriously, if I ever have to fight this guy again, I am so hiding behind Hakutenoh. And Garyuu. And about eighty Jiraro. And maybe Vivio and Yuuno, too. I didn't know it was possible for hair to hurt!
Vivio: We'll make it a befriending party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
I've been considering the Shadow(s?)verse; for those who contribute to it, may I ask some questions for the purpose of getting my lore right?

While there was probably a leader of the NSIS between Graham and Chrono, Chrono had elevated to leader of the NSIS before he got married to Amy. (Deep Shadow of Chrono Harlaown ~....me)

Quote:
Officially or unofficially? It's established that Amy knows, though wouldn't admit it if pressed by anyone but her husband. Hayate knows. (Deep Shadow) Nanoha and Fate know (Caught Within Shadows ~Dezo). It's pretty much implied that the whole "family" knows, though Nanoha probably lives in denial when she can (she hates that Chrono does this, and it even soured their relationship) (Caught Within Shadows).

Officially? Only extremely high officers of the TSAB know. And they'll deny it.

Quote:
3: What is the jurisdiction of the NSIS? Is it limited to only internal or external, or does it operate both within and without the TSAB-administrated worlds? How about counter-espionage and internal security?
The jurisdiction of the NSIS is what the Director believes is necessary. (What follows is not canon but speculation) The group specifically handles things that the TSAB wouldn't want to have its hands in in the first place. Counter-espionage and internal security are probably not; the Intelligence Branch of the TSAB handles most basic espionage functions. For the Shadows, think more "Assassin" and "Ninja" than "Spy".

Quote:
4: What is the approach to those who have discovered things they shouldn't have? From Celica's case, I'm guessing elimination is the standard? Or is her's unrepresentative?
Within the Shadows? The only out-and-out case we have is Celica's... but she discovered something she shouldn't have of a rogue faction of the Shadows, so she's really not a case at all.

And that's a very vague question, so I'm not sure where to go with speculating an answer.

Quote:
5: What if the perpetrator cannot be eliminated violently for whatever reasons? Say, too politically vital, too politically or violently powerful, has a backer who will fuck the NSIS's shit up if anything happens to him/her, etc.
Chrono tells Nanoha and stands back.

It's only when lethal force is the only choice do the Shadows get involved in the first place. If the scenario you're talking about comes up, then the TSAB's best (and only, really) option is to send Aces.

RB, Syn, Dezo, please add and correct my answers as necessary . I like being a compiler of arc-canons! Speaking of which, we should probably make a ff.net community to compile all of these things for better perusal.
Old 2010-06-10, 10:45   Link #25307
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Making a community would likely help iron out any of these issues where we accidentally step on each other's work, yeah.

Also, to the question about "seeing things one shouldn't" is not necessarily a standard. Celica has access to the entire NSIS core computer anyway, since she's it's administrator, after all.

The thing with Celica was, she was doing some normal work (perusing databases on various information the agency gathered) and she ran up against an access restriction. This should never happen, because Celica has access to the entire network, so naturally this made her a little curious and a lot annoyed. So she broke into the security system and gave herself access, which let her find a lot of dirty laundry and skeletons in the closet.

Then someone within the rogue faction (likely Hayes, but it could just have easily been Stele) sent some grunt-level members of the rogue faction to off her. They didn't succeed, Celica bolted, the events of false light were kicked off.

Considering how Hayes should know just how powerful Celica actually is (since he is, you know, the deputy director of the agency and Chrono's second-in-command), he would have known that two redshirts and a nameless Modern Belkan knight couldn't have killed or incapacitated Celica. If you think about that for a minute, perhaps the rogue faction never really wanted to kill Celica...

Perhaps, instead, they wanted to spook her into running... which, as we know, eventually led her to steal the Lost Logia from Unit Epsilon...

Perhaps, just perhaps!

Thirty Xanatos Pileup AHOY!

Last edited by synaesthetic; 2010-06-10 at 10:56.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 10:49   Link #25308
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
I decided to throw up my scenario up on the Anime Addventure as well in case anyone's interested or wants to take a whack at a different branch in the story.

http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/234830.html
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 12:30   Link #25309
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Unfortunately I can't give you a direct example, because Celica is actually the first character who has discovered something she shouldn't have. But in the case of a normal scenario, say, where a Shadow snaps and goes on a killing spree, they are considered rogue and killed. It's a rather simple process; part of the problem with Celica's case is that there are more moving parts.

Quote:
5a: Perpetrator doesn't have anything that can be used as blackmail/offer you can't refuse material or is one of those pesky Unfettered chaps who doesn't care.
He gets killed, simple as that. The Shadows would probably have to be extra careful and more vigilant in dealing with them, but the simple fact is that if in NSIS eyes the perp must be gone, the Shadows will find a way to get him gone. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it.
Old 2010-06-10, 12:45   Link #25310
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

...So did I get the rest right? :-P
Old 2010-06-10, 12:47   Link #25311
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
...So did I get the rest right? :-P
Yes, you got the rest right. Besides, a lot of the stuff with Chrono is mainly yours and Dezo's territory, so I didn't want to say the wrong thing.
Old 2010-06-10, 12:51   Link #25312
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Yeah, compiling a little cheat sheet on "Facts in the Shadowverse" might be a good idea.

Definitely on the community, though.
Old 2010-06-10, 12:58   Link #25313
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Is that a poke, Spawn?

Though on the cheat sheet bit, I know that Dezo did take the time to put together a rough Shadowverse timeline; I'll have to ask him more about it when he signs on again.
Old 2010-06-10, 13:02   Link #25314
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Maaaaaaaaybe. Or maybe I'll do it. You've always been supportive of the shared canon being - you know - shared.

We should get him in on this as well, of course .
Old 2010-06-10, 15:16   Link #25315
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Ugh... almost done with my newest fic.... Just a little bit more.

Gonna have a SFW version on FF.N sometime soonish too :3

PS: *takes RB's avatar*
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 17:49   Link #25316
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

He gets killed, simple as that. The Shadows would probably have to be extra careful and more vigilant in dealing with them, but the simple fact is that if in NSIS eyes the perp must be gone, the Shadows will find a way to get him gone. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it.
Even the smuggler who is clearly constantly raiding a non-administered world to get Lutecia her bottomless supply of Cherry Coke?
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 18:08   Link #25317
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
He used the doohickey because Celica is important. They don't necessarily need her alive, but it's easier for them if she is alive.

Chew on that one for a while...
Actually, that wasn't my question. What I meant was, regardless of whether he wanted to take her alive or take her dead, why did he use the Precursor Artifact to do it with instead of smashing her down with his exceptionally impressive conventional magic? I mean, if Lutecia+Garyuu is a quick win over Celica, then Stele would barely even notice that he's in a fight. Given that what sets MGLN apart from the herd of giant-robot shows is the "Our Wave Motion Guns Have Stun Settings!" it's not likely that there's any reason for Stele to specifically break out the Lost Logia in this moment.

Quote:

spawnofthejudge covered that one nicely. And the dating made me think of something funky.

Quote:
That one, too. If you have a seat on the Council, you have an opportunity to know, and if you sit on the Intelligence Oversight Subcommittee or you hold an official Council post (like "President," now that that position isn't held by a brain in a jar) you definitely know. High-ranking officers of other intelligence/investigation agencies also probably know (the head of the Enforcers, for example) Amy, Hayate, Lindy, Fate, Nanoha, Reinforce Zwei (because she functions as Hayate's aide) and (now) Vivio know (Vivio didn't, but after Lutecia "came out" to her as a Shadow it's pretty certain it came out fast--if nothing else, Chrono probably took the time to sit down with Vivio and properly vet her for confidentiality's sake so she didn't run off at the mouth at the wrong time). Arf probably knows. The Wolkenritter and Agito probably know through Hayate (and because Rein Zwei is a motormouth around her family). Verossa knows because...well, he's Hayate's husband, a senior investigator, and Chrono's best friend. And Carim almost certain knows, for reasons I'll get into below.

Quote:
3: What is the jurisidiction of the NSIS? Is it limited to only internal or external, or does it operate both within and without the TSAB-administrated worlds? How about counter-espionage and internal security?
I don't know how RB saw it, but I thought of the NSIS as being roughly equivalent to the small-scale, high-security intelligence agencies that were popular in spy thrillers. Unlike, say, the CIA, whose existence is by no means secret, the NSIS's existence itself is not publicly available, being hidden within the TSAB's official budget. Their mission statement includes gathering intelligence as well as strike operations. "Ninja" describes them well, actually, since that would include "infiltration," "intelligence gathering," "sabotage," "assassination," and "special ops strike force" all in one. Their targets would include criminals, terrorists, local political movements, and (not so much as part of their mission statement, but as a basic nature of power), other TSAB factions and operations.

Quote:
That depends entirely on the circumstances, very much like real life. The point will be to eliminate the security risk, but remember that the point is to eliminate the risk rather than the person. They may determine that the person is not actually a risk ("Amy Limietta Harlaown"), or that the risks of picking a fight with them outweigh them having the dangerous knowledge on account of them having too much power, influence, and too many allies ("Takamachi Nanoha/Vivio") or that the person has been bright enough to set up an insurance policy of sorts

On the other hand, a rogue Shadow--someone who has deliberately gone off the reservation--is dead. Period. The NSIS has no tolerance for those who go outside of discipline, especially because that usually means that this is somebody who is too sociopathic and/or criminally-minded to work inside a black-ops organization, and beyond that is in possession of training and classified data, and presents a major security threat to the entire organization if caught by the TSAB at large.

The ninja analogy actually holds very true here again--rogue Shadows and rogue ninja are treated in exactly the same way and for pretty much the same reasons.

Please note, however, that it's perfectly possible to retire from the Shadows without going rogue. Also note that, just like how any other retired military officer can be recalled to active duty if the service requires it, so does the fact that you aren't an "active" Shadow does not mean that you're "out"--even if, for example, an ex-Shadow is transferred to another TSAB branch, they'd damn well better keep their mouth shut...and if they happen to pick up some valuable intel in their new job...

Quote:
Again, that depends on what the "perp's" crime is. The Shadows embrace many methods of overcoming their problems; their defining factor is that they're the ultimate pragmatists in a universe where the military ethic consists of magical-girl superheroes. If death is what is mandated, remember that there are a lot of ways to kill someone, from direct attack to stealthy poisoning to the conveniently induced accident, to more indirect methods like provoking Group A, otherwise unrelated to you, to pick a fight with Target B. And just because death might be the ultimate goal doesn't rule out intermediate steps as well; how much easier is it to eliminate a powerful politician, for example, after blackmailing some of his fringe supporters to erode his power base, having muckraking journalists spread unfounded but nicely framed-up rumors, engineered a populist uprising in support of opposition candidates, gone after his financing, etc. Or in the case of the uberpowerful individual (say, eg., Precia Testarossa), there's nothing to say but that the Shadows may provoke general TSAB action...then step in at the key moment.

Which, in fact, leads me to a theory:

Spoiler for StrikerS Conspiracy Theory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Making a community would likely help iron out any of these issues where we accidentally step on each other's work, yeah.
A community sounds like a great idea--also, it's the perfect way to gather together all the "Shadowverse" stories in one, easy to click on place without having to hunt through a large variety of authors or sift through a long list of unrelated fiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Unfortunately I can't give you a direct example, because Celica is actually the first character who has discovered something she shouldn't have. But in the case of a normal scenario, say, where a Shadow snaps and goes on a killing spree, they are considered rogue and killed. It's a rather simple process; part of the problem with Celica's case is that there are more moving parts.
Plus, since Chrono knew immediately that something wasn't quite right with the scenario as presented to him, he sent out an investigate-and-retrieve order rather than writing Celica off as a rogue.

Quote:
Although some of the considerations listed would be relevant in deciding if there was a reason to assassinate them in the first place, or whether other options would be better.

The one "you're dead, end of story" category would be, I believe, the case of the rogue Shadow. "We clean our own house" is beyond being mere policy and up to fundamental commandment for the NSIS. Especially since rogue Shadows tend to be either crazy, or criminals, or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Ugh... almost done with my newest fic.... Just a little bit more.

Gonna have a SFW version on FF.N sometime soonish too :3

PS: *takes RB's avatar*
Oooh, a SFW version of the lemon? I always like it when the story has enough plot to carry itself without the sex scenes...heck, I like stories like that when I do read the lemon scenes.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 21:12   Link #25318
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but I did say I would revise the ending to my Vivio/Yuuno series so that they end up together. I still intend to do it but I was wondering if anyone was still interested in it. Or is the ViCia ending prefered?
Old 2010-06-10, 21:37   Link #25319
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
I'm always up for alternate endings.
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 21:47   Link #25320
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
I'm always up for alternate endings.
Well, it wouldn't really be an alternate ending, it would be the true, intended ending. The other one is just a 'what if' that RB wanted to see.

Page claim for multiple endings

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha