AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-05, 11:07   Link #421
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And almost the entire staff from the first series is back, apart from Satou Dai (which is admittedly worrisome).
Have you watched Tekken Blood Vengeance? After that his absence is addition by subtraction.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 17:05   Link #422
konart

They have released E7 recap today(or yesterday, depends on time zone, anyway - already on torrents).
Old 2012-04-05, 18:15   Link #423
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Not the rumored alternate ending, eh?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 01:42   Link #424
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

The new composer might not be a nobody but I think it must be said that Naoki Sato's brilliant orchestral score is severely underrated. It made the show seem adventurous and magnificent and the techno additions were a lining rather than the main body. I... can't like what they want to do with AO score. It fits in Darker than Black or somewhere maybe, but not in Eureka.

Quote:
Just wondering why they sully e7 ending
Agreed. This is my main gripe with AO. You can't just go and devalue an ending like that. And it doesn't seem like they're doing much with it other than squeezing it hard for cheap drama.

I'm still cautiously cautious about the whole thing.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 04:19   Link #425
ChocoBar9
Banned

You guys seriously need to get over yourselves. This thread will be nothing more but people bashing AO for not meeting the standards they believe should fit the franchise through their rose tinted glasses
ChocoBar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 17:07   Link #426
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
The new composer might not be a nobody but I think it must be said that Naoki Sato's brilliant orchestral score is severely underrated. It made the show seem adventurous and magnificent and the techno additions were a lining rather than the main body.
You know that's right. Such an amazing soundtrack. Most of the tracks were just packed with a majestic brilliance and brimming with emotional (though not sappy) power.

Quote:
I... can't like what they want to do with AO score. It fits in Darker than Black or somewhere maybe, but not in Eureka.
I don't think I've heard any samples from AO. Where can I find some?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 05:36   Link #427
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The credits for the first four episodes are out thanks to Newtype, and the TBS site also updated to confirm the series composition (lead writer) credit: http://www.bs-tbs.co.jp/app/program_...dex/INT1200100

The series composition is by Kakuto Takeyoshi (I'm not sure if the reading is correct), who is basically a nobody. Either it is a pen name, or it is someone completely new who somehow got the gig at BONES.

Episode credits:

Ep1 - Born Slippy

Script: Kakuto Takeyoshi
Episode Director: Ikuro Sato
Storyboard: Tomoki Kyoda
Animation Director: Kazuhiro Miwa

Ep2 - Call It What You Want

Script: Kakuto Takeyoshi, Shou Aikawa
Episode Director: Junichi Wada
Storyboard: Junichi Wada, Yasushi Muraki, Tomoki Kyoda
Character Animation Director: Tomokatsu Nagasaku, Koichi Horikawa
Mecha Animation Director: Nobuaki Nagano (Mecha)

Ep3 - Still Fighting

Script: Kakuto Takeyoshi, Shou Aikawa
Episode Director: Tarou Iwasaki
Storyboard: Iwao Teraoka, Tomoki Kyoda
Animation Director: Takahiro Komori, Daisuke Takemoto, Nobuyoshi Souzaki

Ep4 - Walk This Way

Script: Shou Aikawa
Episode Director: Satomi Nakamura
Storyboard: Kenji Nagasaki, Yasushi Muraki
Character Animation Director: Shigeru Fujita, Hideki Yamazaki
Mecha Animation Director: Kenji Mizuhata
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 12:15   Link #428
aardvark

It has to be a pen name

Surprised to see Aikawa show up though

as far as the episode titles,

ep 1 - Underworld

ep 2 - Foster the People

ep 3 - Ben Folds (maybe?)

ep 4 - Aerosmith
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 12:29   Link #429
duckroll
綺羅星★!

One thing is for sure, the action in the show should be pretty high effort. Notice that only ep2 and ep4 have specific mecha animation directors, which indicate those are the ones with substantial mecha action in them. In those same episodes, Muraki is credited as one of the storyboarders, which to me indicates he will be personally storyboarding the major action scenes in the series.
Old 2012-04-07, 13:44   Link #430
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Sho Aikawa? Really? The Boukenger guy?
Well... That's interesting.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 20:17   Link #431
bartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
You guys seriously need to get over yourselves. This thread will be nothing more but people bashing AO for not meeting the standards they believe should fit the franchise through their rose tinted glasses
well I admit that I might get mad if they somehow screw the old cast, specially Renton and Eureka but I am still cautiously optimistic about this
bartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 10:43   Link #432
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

The only thing I'm worried about is the appearance of annoying little brats in the manga chapters already.
And this concern is based on solid experience from Eureka, right?
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 12:45   Link #433
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
One thing is for sure, the action in the show should be pretty high effort. Notice that only ep2 and ep4 have specific mecha animation directors, which indicate those are the ones with substantial mecha action in them. In those same episodes, Muraki is credited as one of the storyboarders, which to me indicates he will be personally storyboarding the major action scenes in the series.
You're right. Nobuaki Nagano worked on the opening episode of Xam'd which probably had one of the better fight sequences in the show. Kenji Mizuhata has a ton of background experience and worked on the original series. The fight scenes should be amazing in this. Kakuto Takeyoshi seems like a pen name. I can't believe they couldn't get somebody famous to pen this as E7 is a relatively popular name and is still pretty well regarded.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 17:38   Link #434
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
You're right. Nobuaki Nagano worked on the opening episode of Xam'd which probably had one of the better fight sequences in the show. Kenji Mizuhata has a ton of background experience and worked on the original series. The fight scenes should be amazing in this. Kakuto Takeyoshi seems like a pen name. I can't believe they couldn't get somebody famous to pen this as E7 is a relatively popular name and is still pretty well regarded.
Yeah, sounds like the action should be amazing

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-04-09 at 18:17.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 09:43   Link #435
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Uh nope.

The music is done by Kouji Nakamura. He was the singer/guitarist/writer for the Japanese group SUPERCAR, aka the group who made the song Storywriter that was featured in the first series. He also has a solo career going by the name of Ill, and is in a new band named LAMA, along with Miki Furukawa, who was the co-singer and bassist in SUPERCAR.

They definitely did not settle for a nobody as far as composer goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Ah that's a relief then.

It is. I love SUPERCAR and LAMA but I will miss Naoki Sato's work as well. We'll see...Eureka Seven had great music that immersed me more into the world, which was a brilliant creation on its own.

Not impressed with the promos, but I am still looking forward to this...though I'll try and keep my expectations down.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 15:50   Link #436
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
It is. I love SUPERCAR and LAMA but I will miss Naoki Sato's work as well. We'll see...Eureka Seven had great music that immersed me more into the world, which was a brilliant creation on its own.

Not impressed with the promos, but I am still looking forward to this...though I'll try and keep my expectations down.
Totally agree with this, Naoki Sato did such a great job, the first series had fantastic music and the pieces fit the show so well.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 16:52   Link #437
ChocoBar9
Banned

http://seventhstyle.com/2012/04/10/e...elease-images/
ChocoBar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 18:03   Link #438
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Look at all that hand drawn mechanical art. Mmmm.... I love the colors too. Maybe this show will turn out good after all!

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-10, 18:40   Link #439
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's a shame this show has already been written off by so many people, because I think it has a chance to be pretty damn good.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 18:53   Link #440
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I haven't written it off, just expressed skepticism. It will speak for itself. I don't truly view things with rose tinted nostalgia goggles.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen