AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-20, 12:29   Link #41
Iron Maw
Banned

Nice! Thanks for the response, but I guess this means Leone was mistaken about everyone close to her being killed.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 13:43   Link #42
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Nice! Thanks for the response, but I guess this means Leone was mistaken about everyone close to her being killed.
Actually it was pretty obvious she was alive, she stated the person closest to her was the person she wanted to kill the most, her reaction to the illusion and afterward seemed more like someone who had unfinished business with her. She probably doesn't consider her sister close anymore even if she is.

I'd wager the sister did some killing of the people close to her.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 13:44   Link #43
Shadow5YA

From Akame's reaction against Zank, it sounds like a case of her being raised well by a mentor but then betrayed later on.

It's also highly possible that Akame's sister's killed everyone else she knew.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 13:49   Link #44
EagleBlue

Chapter Eight is out. Honestly this makes me kinda depressed. You'll know what I mean if you read the raws before.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 19:02   Link #45
Iron Maw
Banned

Chapter 8

I'm starting to wonder if we're getting a stealth harem now.

Anyway, this chapter was very fun. We manged get a bit of background on Leone as well as good dose of plot advancement. Tatsumi and Leone seem to make a really good team. The government now definitely seems like it about to get serious against Night Raid especially in the wake of losing two Generals by sending Esdes. We also have Schere and Mein about to face-off with our resident Knight Templer Seyiruu Kinta. I'm looking for to that fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Actually it was pretty obvious she was alive, she stated the person closest to her was the person she wanted to kill the most, her reaction to the illusion and afterward seemed more like someone who had unfinished business with her. She probably doesn't consider her sister close anymore even if she is.

I'd wager the sister did some killing of the people close to her.
Well, I thought Akame's comment was fairly ambiguous and her at sister could very well be dead at that point since wasn't any confirmation/strong evidence either way till a couple posts ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
From Akame's reaction against Zank, it sounds like a case of her being raised well by a mentor but then betrayed later on.

It's also highly possible that Akame's sister's killed everyone else she knew.
Would not put this past this series for that to happen.

It is the forum kinda "wonky" anyone else during posting right now or is just my pc.?
Old 2012-05-20, 21:37   Link #46
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
Chapter Eight is out. Honestly this makes me kinda depressed. You'll know what I mean if you read the raws before.
you remind me of that... surprisingly wow fast eng translations.. hopefully Inconsistence scans will catch up to Vol 5 :P
Old 2012-05-22, 03:14   Link #47
kfcpanda

Where would one go about reading the light novel version online?
English translation pref.
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 04:10   Link #48
Aesthetic Shampoo

I was spoiled that she was going to die, but i didn't think it would be this soon.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 05:12   Link #49
NeutralZero

After reading the English translation of 9... haah... they should've just killed off Main... Scissor girl was our initial fave... way before Esdes
But it can't be help...
Really grateful to the translator... hope this continue more along witrh the increase in popularity of the series...
Now that she's dead, it'll be some chapter after the armor guy bite the dusk...
The who will die next line of the original Gundam is really applicable in this series...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 05:34   Link #50
Dr_Crowbar

^You should put things about the death of a character into a spoiler tag.
some people haven't read so far.
Dr_Crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 05:39   Link #51
NeutralZero

Sorry about that...
We're not use yet in using the spoiler option...
We'll do it next time...

Last edited by NeutralZero; 2012-05-22 at 05:43. Reason: Incomplete
Old 2012-05-22, 12:03   Link #52
Iron Maw
Banned

Chapter 9

Oh god this chapter....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss

I was spoiled that she was going to die, but i didn't think it would be this soon.
This.

Well, I was at least able to brace myself when it happened. It looks like the Empire has her Teigu too. Speaking of which Seyiruu's pretty overpowered and even it turns out she's basically cyborg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda
Where would one go about reading the light novel version online?
English translation pref.
This is not based on a novel, it's a manga series.
Old 2012-05-22, 12:13   Link #53
Shadow5YA

Argh... and I developed a soft spot for her after chapter 7 too.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 15:26   Link #54
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well this Manga is not like any other. Most Manga, Novel, and Anime are very light heart among things into killing. Most of the time when characters do get killed, it is very light meaning no blood, chopped limbs, or in this manga giant ugly animal eating a beautiful girl. It is sort of a wake up call though, I like this Manga for that very reason. Though minus the giant animal crunching on a beautiful girl, the killing, dark stuff, or among other things interest me. It is really how life was back in the day, in the Crusades, Communism of Mao Zedong, Rule under Hitler (You really don't want to get me started on this), Rule of Saddam, Rule of Stalin, and plenty more. All of these society during these times had corrupted Government doing all sort of evil deeds. If I had to mention what those societies had, it would make this Manga look like a fluffy kitten. This Manga isn't new, so far the English translations covered up to the beginning of vol 2. In Japan however, it is on vol 5 and still ongoing. Can't seem to find any raws. By the way, can anyone give me a spoiler of Seyiruu Kinta? Does she die, because if she did I want every details surrounding it. I just don't like girls like that, how naive or brainless can you be to not realize her teacher was corrupted. whsie, I am pretty sure you know can you please answer it?

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-05-22 at 16:21.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 17:05   Link #55
kasimmorathi

There are many motifs to this that would generally have me pass it off like a very typical action based manga, but it stands out to me in a few ways:

1) The main character doesn't seem to have some secret, hidden power and not so weak he has to be saved at every moment. He's just a guy with some skill that is fighting to make a better world with a group of others.

2) He doesn't have some moral hesitation about killing contrary to most main characters in this genre, nor is he crazily self-obsessed. He seems like a genuinely good kid who misses his friends.

3) Speaking of those friends, in a very general cliche sense, they should have been saved at the last minute by our hero. Or he should have moped about their deaths for volumes on end. Instead he seems to deal with their loss in a very realistic manner, reflecting and looking back on good times, breaking down when he's finally alone and has someone to comfort him.

4) The world is dealt with in a pretty real way, without taking on a 'serious' art style. Concepts such as venereal disease, prostitution, slavery, rape, torture and execution are not avoided without embracing in an overly shocking manner just to elicit attention. It's a nice mixture.

I guess in general it has some cliche points, but I still find it interesting and fun to read without feeling terribly depressed.
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 17:07   Link #56
whsie

is Seyiruu Kinta that
Spoiler for who I think she is:
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 18:54   Link #57
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well that sorta thinks me off a lot knowing that little girl didn't get what she deserves. She fights for justice yet she is on the side for evil. My perfect death scenario of Seyiruu is she fighting off one on one with Tatsumi, gets beaten badly and Tatsumi said that he killed her beloved Captain Orge then slices her head off. You are on vol 5 right whsie, so what Manga Chapter is that? I just hope Leone and Akame doesn't die, I like her and Akame. Also the reunited Tatsumi and Edses, is that the part where she drags him into the castle after his Match with Ox Head?
Old 2012-05-22, 19:05   Link #58
Iron Maw
Banned

@whsie: Yeah.
Old 2012-05-22, 19:16   Link #59
NeutralZero

The one killing Seyuri would be Main, or both Main and Tatsumi... or hope not a reverse in which her pet would dine on Main's flesh just like scissor girl...
The reunion is way pass v5...
Its in V6 more or less...
Akame and Tatsumi aside, almost every char has a possible death flag. But agree with you that Leone shouldn't die...
Old 2012-05-22, 19:31   Link #60
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

That also makes the Manga real to us. Despite all the magic or unatural stuff that happens in there. This is what life is under a Dictator Tyrant is. People die a lot, prime example is the Dictator of Joseph Statlin, during the time he took power to the time of his death. He alone killed 30 million of his own people, makes Edses 400,000 look small. Nevertheless, like Akame Ga Kiru, there were people in the inside who tried to destroy the Tyrants. The very definition of that is Operation Valkyrie. Akame Ga Kiru is a good Manga to read, though if you are light heart among these things than it isn't the thing for you.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!