AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-23, 13:32   Link #21
LeoXiao
思想工作

My estimation is that it'll be a manga or something; the last thing they would do for a new anime project is to make some totally unrelated story... I hope.
Old 2012-07-23, 20:06   Link #22
Raikou-Neko

Actually, it's probably the fan-produced live action film, which looks terrible. It's going to premier at Otakon.

http://fullmetalpanicthemovie.com/co...-movie-trailer
Old 2012-07-23, 21:13   Link #23
FeistyDreams

I seriously doubt the Japanese publishing company cares about an American fan-made film. There's always a chance that I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
Old 2012-07-24, 05:27   Link #24
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikou-Neko View Post
Actually, it's probably the fan-produced live action film, which looks terrible. It's going to premier at Otakon.

http://fullmetalpanicthemovie.com/co...-movie-trailer
I hope not. FMP is already in a bad situation as is, it doesn't need the cheese in that fan-made movie to help.
Old 2012-07-24, 22:31   Link #25
GardenAll
Haruhi-ist

This link give me cancer!
FTA = Fan Theater Animation? I hope not
Old 2012-07-25, 03:14   Link #26
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Dude, guys, give them a break. It's a fan-made film, not a bit studio production. Nobody's going to judge the whole FMP franchise off of it, but if there actually is anybody who would, it wouldn't be anybody smart enough for us to care about.

As for the "FTA Project," I doubt they'd get our hopes up and make a big splash announcement for a fan-made movie.
Old 2012-07-29, 19:22   Link #27
GardenAll
Haruhi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Dude, guys, give them a break. It's a fan-made film, not a bit studio production. Nobody's going to judge the whole FMP franchise off of it, but if there actually is anybody who would, it wouldn't be anybody smart enough for us to care about.

As for the "FTA Project," I doubt they'd get our hopes up and make a big splash announcement for a fan-made movie.
Well, the FTA Project is about the FMP! Another, and the fan made movie is related to the main series. I think that it's about time to they spread some news.
Old 2012-08-17, 05:21   Link #28
monir
cho~ kakkoii

T minus three days to the fated August 20, 2012.... *doki doki, doki doki*

Pros for why the chances of getting a new FMP anime is better than ever.... KyoAni won't be doing a freakin' Key series that eats up at least 2-4 cour worth of time. Con: KyoAni is a slave to Kadokawa's whim.
Old 2012-08-17, 05:35   Link #29
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

Pros for why the chances of getting a new FMP anime is better than ever.... KyoAni won't be doing a freakin' Key series that eats up at least 2-4 cour worth of time. Con: KyoAni is a slave to Kadokawa's whim.
Stop feeding me hope! Despair! I'm in despair!

Old 2012-08-17, 06:06   Link #30
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:

I think my heart just stopped for a bit when I saw movement on this thread. Damn you for getting my hopes up when there's no news yet!
Old 2012-08-17, 06:13   Link #31
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Stop feeding me hope! Despair! I'm in despair!

As much as I'm dreading also and hoping against hope, I'm still optimistic by the current circumstances surrounding KyoAni in the present. They have pretty much been occupied with Key-projects in the past 3-4 years. That's no longer the case in the upcoming year.

I think this might be it for FMP-fans, cause if we don't see anything materialize between now and the Spring of 2013, we might as well call it The End for FMP anime. Hopefully Kadokawa will finally pay heed to the despairing calls for new FMP anime this time around.

T - 3 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I think my heart just stopped for a bit when I saw movement on this thread. Damn you for getting my hopes up when there's no news yet!
Sorry about that! My alarm went off three days early I suppose.
Old 2012-08-17, 06:30   Link #32
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I think this might be it for FMP-fans, cause if we don't see anything materialize between now and the Spring of 2013, we might as well call it The End for FMP anime. Hopefully Kadokawa will finally pay heed to the despairing calls for new FMP anime this time around.
Agreed. I was ready to throw in the tall just a few short weeks before this announcement of an announcement so I'll probably just stop caring if nothing comes out of this. It's a shame though, FMP was something special.
Old 2012-08-17, 20:40   Link #33
FeistyDreams

Looking at the picture of the book belt that'll be on the next volume of Another, we won't get an announcement on the project until September 20th, with that issue of Dragon Magazine. Sorry, gonna be another month of waiting XD
Old 2012-08-18, 01:33   Link #34
Luthon

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ch-new-project some new info from ANN
Old 2012-08-18, 10:45   Link #35
LaniGuy
In the Penalty Box

Quote:
As much as I'm dreading also and hoping against hope, I'm still optimistic by the current circumstances surrounding KyoAni in the present. They have pretty much been occupied with Key-projects in the past 3-4 years. That's no longer the case in the upcoming year.

T - 3 days!
Honestly, I could say if it hits 2015/2016 then we should call it quites. As you said, they have been busy working on key-projects, who's to say they don't have another project lined up. Honestly they might be looking at it as "well the fans waited long enough whats another year or two". Also they could be going to a new studio for production, this has also been discussed. An example I always use is Starcraft, sure its a computer game, but blizzard made us wait 11 years before SCII came out.

I really just don't see them stopping this anime. It had pretty good reviews and if you look it up on sites, it has 8+ rating of 10. I'm just hoping these studios just got side-tracked with many projects, some of which have been terrible. We also need to keep in mind he finished the last light novel for the drama 2011. They may have been waiting for this to make lets say a 26-36 episode FINAL SEASON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Looking at the picture of the book belt that'll be on the next volume of Another, we won't get an announcement on the project until September 20th, with that issue of Dragon Magazine. Sorry, gonna be another month of waiting XD
We are very used to this as FMP! fans lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthon View Post
The fact that FMP! is being asked in interviews every year and all these little offshoot ideas pop up, shows that it is a prominent anime that many people like. Shoji is not one to just give up, I really feel he wants this season to happen and he is not the only one, animation companies want it too, otherwise why introduce the Arbalest into Kore Wa Zombie Desu ka?
Old 2012-08-18, 11:11   Link #36
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Is that Bonta-kun's silhouette on the article picture?
Old 2012-08-18, 11:32   Link #37
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Ah, I totally overlooked the large letters with the other guy's name and stuff. XD Well, looking at that, I doubt this new project is the "long-awaited" one that Gatoh mentioned at the beginning of the year. I have a feeling this is something different and more recently decided. Especially if we're getting the announcement next month. Gatoh said the "long-awaited" project wouldn't be announced until 2013 or even 2014.

Hope for anime is still alive. Just... Probably won't hear of it in the next month like I think many of us were hoping XD
Old 2012-08-18, 17:38   Link #38
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Looks I missed out on a good one...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniGuy View Post
I really just don't see them stopping this anime. It had pretty good reviews and if you look it up on sites, it has 8+ rating of 10. I'm just hoping these studios just got side-tracked with many projects, some of which have been terrible. We also need to keep in mind he finished the last light novel for the drama 2011. They may have been waiting for this to make lets say a 26-36 episode FINAL SEASON.
As much as I would love to agree with you on the merits of sequel based on enjoyability factor, quality of the story and material, a studio/production company could give a hoot about an anime that didn't make them much money. For example, K-ON rates as average by many, and yet, that production is the best selling series for KyoAni. FMP anime, on the other hand, has made the least money for a KyoAni series. It's all about the economics. There are plenty of anime series that have above per story, solid production value, and all the other little things that gave a series that "oomph" factor which enhances the enjoyment, but never came to see another sequel. I'm not going to say FMP anime is finished all together.... not yet anyway. I'll tell you this, however, that in October of this year, it will be exactly 7 years for FMP-fans who have waited for a new anime series from this franchise. Even if KyoAni is working on another series, we know it is not a Key series which usually requires at least a couple of season worth of commitment because these guys usually like to be thorough. Hence, why I think this is the perfect moment for FMP-fans to finally get some affection from this studio. And if it doesn't materialize by Spring of 2013, then........ uhh-oh.

Here is Eggplant's post on KyoAni's money makers................

That said, I really really really think this is our year. It has to be. It needs to be. T minus two days.
Old 2012-08-18, 18:53   Link #39
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
That said, I really really really think this is our year. It has to be. It needs to be. T minus two days.
The pessimist in me tells me that you're just getting your hopes up and setting yourself up for disappointment.

The optimist in me however is happy to share your hopes.
Old 2012-08-18, 21:00   Link #40
FeistyDreams

Well, if hoping for some big announcement in just 2 days, that WILL be disappointment. XD That announcement has already been leaked... And it's just a "Wait for this announcement on 9/20!"

And THAT announcement, judging from the looks of it, has NOTHING to do with the "long-awaited" project Gatoh mentioned at New Years', because that one won't be announced until next year at the earliest, he said. Not to mention a project with this other illustrator guy can't possibly be something that has been "long-awaited" since it's not something that could have been anticipated by anyone.

No, whatever news we get in September will have nothing to do with anime. It might be the "FTA Project," but it won't be anime. That's news we most likely have 1-2 years to hear. (But I do believe we'll hear it ^^)