AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2004-06-07, 17:28   Link #21
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
You're right about Crescendo though. I'm shocked that it isn't selling as well as some of the more incongruous titles out there. I think it's all about getting the right amount of hype when releasing these games. Kana Little sister was able to feed off the hype upon its release and this is why its has been selling so well.
Its a shame too, that title is what got me to change my opinion of ero-games. Unfortunately the ratio is in favor of the fetish titles and mindless sex romps over the story driven titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Well, seeing that several of you have mentioned "Crecendo," and "Kana~Imouto~," it seems that there is some company in your country who happen to focus on the better, story-centric D.O. games (in comparison to their earlier and hard-core games such as "Sensei" and "Injuu" series)

Several story-centric, heart warming ero-games from D.O. that may interest you then would be:

"Kazoku Keikaku" - a story about a group of misfits consisting of: a disheartened wife, a bankrupt businessman, teenage runaway, an illegal immigrant from China, a drug-dealer, a recluse artist, and a person who doesn't trust anyone (yourself) start a family on their own. Each people have their own problems, and they are fragile in their own way - but together you create a strong bond called family to get through hardships of life. (CD-ROM release: 2001/11, DVD-ROM release: 2002/12)

Other heart-warming school life ero-games from D.O. that pops up in my mind are:

"Hoshizora Planet," "Restore," "Yukizakura," and the most recent one: "Umi no Michi"

D.O.'s HP: http://www.do-game.co.jp/
Thanks for the info! Hopefully we will see more of those titles showing up here as well. I know theat G-Collections is looking into KGNE right now, hopefully we start getting more of the quality titles.
Arwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 19:47   Link #22
Bullsquat
Strange Love

The folks at G-Collection are sure very attentive to what gamers want. I gave them an e-mail just a while ago and they gave me the reply in an instant...

Hi,

Thank you very much for your interests in our games! We are glad that you enjoyed playing the games that you purchased from us! As for the game that you mentioned in your last e-mail ---" Kazoku Keikaku", its Japanese title can be roughly translated to "The Family Project". The game was released about 2 years ago by D.O.(Digital Object) The game has got an erotic incestual theme which is not very common among other Bishojo games in the market. Please visit the following link for more information regarding the game.

http://www.do-game.co.jp/index2.htm

It is possible that we translate and distribute "Kazoku Keikaku" in the future, but nothing has yet been confirmed.

G-Collections.com
support@g-collections.com

There you have it folks. Just talk to them and they'll listen. With more people gving them feedback, I'm sure they'll give you what you want eventually.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 20:41   Link #23
Arwyn

Maybe we should send em a wishlist of stuff?

I am surprised that they havent looked into translating some of the titles that have attatched anime titles. After all, if Shingetsutan Tsukihime is liscensed, it would be a awful lot of free advertising if they decided to translate the game.......

Just a thought.
Old 2004-06-07, 23:08   Link #24
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
I don't think they have the money to convince TYPE-MOON to license the game translation to them, and frankly, Tsukihime isn't the easiest thing to translate well...
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 10:59   Link #25
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
I don't think they have the money to convince TYPE-MOON to license the game translation to them, and frankly, Tsukihime isn't the easiest thing to translate well...
None of the story driven games are easy, the amount of text in these games is just staggering. When you look at the amount of dialogue for each character, add all the possible plot branches and decision points, then multiply that by the number of main characters..... well its amazing that any of them get translated.

But if they can translate some of the other very complex titles, I dont think that it would be that hard to add Tsukihime to the list. I imagine its more of liscensing issue than anything else.

Honestly though, I do think that ero/bishoju games are in the same situation anime was a decade ago. There is a small group of afficanados driving the market, and not enough demand to warrant bigger companies from getting involved. I imagine as the anime derived from these games gets popular, and folkf find out about the game titles, then the interest level will increase as well. Look at how many folks talk about the KGNE game.
Old 2004-06-08, 11:19   Link #26
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Spoiler for Don't read this if you are a mod ^_^;;:
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 12:40   Link #27
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I personally only have 2 games right now. I had 5 games, 3 of which I sold on ebay because they're not of my taste.

15 games? Now, that's a lot.
Old 2004-06-08, 12:43   Link #28
Arwyn

I only have 4, and 2 more on the way. I had a pretty negative view of ero-games until recently, so I am still very picky about titles. I dont think I will ever end up with a large number of titles, there just are not very many good ones availible in translation yet.
Old 2004-06-08, 13:38   Link #29
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
I have about 6 Ero-games That I brought and I'm thinking about getting another one(Any suggestions?).And just like Arwyn I had a negative view about Hentai in general(not just the games.) until recently as well and I'm also pretty damn picky when it comes to Ero-games.But the thing with most of these Ero-games we play is of course NONE OF THEM ARE TRANSLATED(yet but maybe some day) and YOU HAVE TO KNOW JAPANESE.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 13:41   Link #30
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Yes I do buy the games. In addition to the ero-games that I have mentioned, there are at least three boxes full of ero-games that is sleeping in my closet that I have bought since the PC-98XX days, and several more just lying around near my desk that seems to be really good, but just haven't had the time to play them yet.

I usually buy my ero-games at Sofmap in Akihabara, since they usually have the best extras for big ero-games. Take, for example, "CLANNAD" (although this isn't an ero-game since there are no ero-scenes in them) - they gave me a nice looking crystal neon lighted display.

But ero-games are not cheap. They almost always goes for a MSRP of 8800 yen. However, since Sofmap is a big store, so they do give a small discount as they add extras when you pre-order them. Heck, you can buy it at Amazon Japan for as much as 20% off on pre-ordered ero-games...but then I wouldn't be able to get the cool promotional extras that stores in Akihabara put together.

But, if I were to buy ero-games at the MSRP, I would be bankrupt by now. Used ero-game stores in Akihabara are quite a deal as they usually sell them at a reasonable price of around 4000-6000 yen, depending on popularity and how many weeks it has been since it was out. Also, if a certain ero-game had bad reviews and just plainly sucked, I can find those games in the "2000 yen or less" pile.

Say for example, Tactics' "Suzu Ga Utau Hi." This was the game that the remaining Tactics members released after the majority of creators for their hit game "ONE" broke off and made their own softhouse - Key. There were talks that this game isn't really worth to buy it at the 8800 yen. In its first day of sale, I already saw stores selling them as much as 20% off on this game. A week later, I bought the game when I saw it in the used pile bin for 1500 yen at a used store in Akihabara. Needless to say, this game was very bad.

And of course, there is no stopping people from buying the game, making an image of the game, and selling them back at above mentioned used game stores if it isn't worth to keep it. I can go and buy a certain "no-story, simple moe~" game such as "Maid-san Shi-Shi-" at a major retailer, create a FCD image on to my notebook PC, and resell it back to a used store within the hour and I get:

1. Buy the game at a retailer: pay 7800-8800 yen
2. Resell the game to used ero-game stores: get 4000-5000 yen back
3. Total cost: approx 3000 yen for the game

So, a simple approximation of my ero-games: somewhere around two-hundred titles.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 14:24   Link #31
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn
But if they can translate some of the other very complex titles, I dont think that it would be that hard to add Tsukihime to the list. I imagine its more of liscensing issue than anything else.
The thing about Tsukihime is that I notice a lot more obscure references and/or puns than the typical visual novel length bishoujo games and thus may not translate as well.
Old 2004-06-08, 14:28   Link #32
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
So, a simple approximation of my ero-games: somewhere around two-hundred titles.
Holy macro!! That even beats my DVD collection.
Old 2004-06-08, 15:51   Link #33
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
200 Ero-game titles??!!! Whoa if I was still negative about this I would be calling you a big big HENTAI.But thats not the case.Although I am curious as to out of all those ero games you have which was the worst you played.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 09:04   Link #34
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
.... I'm jealous now. I own only 21 games, all English (and yes, they are original). If I knew Japanese, however, that number would be far higher.

I wish G-Collections would translate something other than just the ADV games they stick to now. When Peach Princess finishes "Shield Gun Warrior SAKIGAKE", we'll at least have something different to play (like we did with Brave Soul). Little My Maid will come first, though, and it isn't a normal ADV either.

I'm curious as to how the fan-translation of "Men at Work 2" is going, whether it will actually be finished or not. The fan-translation of Kanon is proceeding slowly but surely, nearing 50% completion, I believe.
Old 2004-06-09, 09:25   Link #35
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
The fan-translation of Kanon is proceeding slowly but surely, nearing 50% completion, I believe.
That much? I'm impressed, it was a lot less the last time I looked.

I agree though, after check out some of the links and homepages for some of the other Japanese companies, there are a LOT of decent titles that we obviously are not seeing.
Old 2004-06-09, 11:11   Link #36
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
I'm curious as to how the fan-translation of "Men at Work 2" is going, whether it will actually be finished or not. The fan-translation of Kanon is proceeding slowly but surely, nearing 50% completion, I believe.
Haeleth released a 57% patch a few days ago
Nothing from the MAW2 group since January tho...
Wind ~a breath of heart~ is also progressing quite well.
Old 2004-06-10, 02:42   Link #37
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

Um, I would have to say Maiden Breeder 2. Raising rorinekos and roriinus are fun. And addictive. The game is a huge memory hog though. Long live Teatime!
Zephronite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 09:04   Link #38
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
darn it....i'm so jealous.....
u all played so many titles..21..200/omg

i have only played night demon and alma...
i have no acess to those games here in Malaysia..guess the government ban it...SCREW them!!!
i still have problem finding the memories off series thou it isn't a h-game
Angela Sanctisstessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 09:47   Link #39
Lambda

Favourite would be Kana, with Crescendo, Silver and Divi-Dead also very much appreciated. Would love to try a lot of the others mentioned, but don't have the requisite Japanese language skills unfortunately.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 15:52   Link #40
Ultradef

Recommendations?

My first post

I've been watching this thread and I figure some of you guys may be able to make some recommendations to me. I haven't played many games in the last few years (I haven't gone to Japan much since '99). I'm looking for some sim/rpg ero-games, but I really haven't got a clue with all the new companies. While I do like story games, I was really a big fan of games like Dragon Knight 4, Toushin Toshi 2, Kichikuoh Rance and other wargames/RPGs. Are there any recent titles in the same vein?
Ultradef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel