AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Potential Pairing - Multiple Choice Option
Alto x VF 171 32 12.31%
Ozma x Bobby 13 5.00%
Ranka x Sheryl 42 16.15%
Sheryl x Alto 199 76.54%
Yasaburo x Alto 5 1.92%
Ranka x Ai-kun 38 14.62%
Alto x Klan 14 5.38%
Ranka x Alto 54 20.77%
Ranka x Brera 37 14.23%
Klan x Michael 101 38.85%
Ozma x Cathy 111 42.69%
Luca x Nanase 41 15.77%
Wilder x Monica 41 15.77%
Alto x VF25 37 14.23%
Yasaburo x Alto's father 10 3.85%
Alto x Brera 18 6.92%
Grace x Ranka 12 4.62%
Nanase x Ranka 21 8.08%
Sheryl x Klan 24 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-15, 17:10   Link #201
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
If you re-read what I said I said he might not want her to get jealous.
Oh my goddess, if he doesn't want her to get jealous why the hell did he give Ranka a ticket to Sheryl's goodbye concert!?

Why? Because he hasn't a clue, and he doesn't give a rats arse! He just though she liked that stuff, thats all.

No wonder we are all wondering if you've been watching the same scene as we did. Look, Alto is not a very sophisticated creature, stop giving him more credit than he deserves! If not for his other qualities, Alto would have passed for a simple-minded cretin! And having his feelings always written all over his face doesn't help. He may be a pretty boy, but he is one gullible pretty boy. Thus one of the reasons why Sheryl likes messin' around with him and actually get away with it. Of course, Alto's tendency to come back for more amuses Sheryl to no end.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-15, 17:12   Link #202
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I wonder if you watched the same scene as I did. We don't even see his face when he lies to Ranka about being alone at the Zentran Mall. He only gives a short "Yeah" as a reply to her question. Why would he worry about making her jealous, when he doesn't even know she likes him? Even Michel looked at him and said softly "Idiot", because he knows Alto doesn't have a clue. It's the same with when Michel asked him if he knew why Sheryl keeps bugging him all the time. He really doesn't have a clue that either of these girls like him.

Although Sheryl's kiss might start giving him an idea since it had nothing to do with a movie production. Of course, he might just completely brush it off as some joke to fluster him.

We never see into his mind, so we're kind of left guessing.
Well we never see into his mind but we should be able to understand his body language. We see both him and Ranka reluctant to talk about the Zentradi Mall. Both are looking away from each other when they are talking. We don't see his facial expression when he lies but his tone is pretty somber. We have a fairly good idea why Ranka would be nervous about this but why is Alto?

I don't believe he has Male harem lead disease either. He was asked right before the conversion in Ep6 by Michael what was his relationship with Ranka. He's been shown to have at least a passing interest in her. Alto is more of the kind to understand but hide behind his aloof attitude and anti-social behavior. It's not to far fetched for him to jealous. I saw it was a fair chance you might disagree with this but to say it impossible or no evidence support it just makes me wonder about if you aren't a bit too biased.

The idiot comment was probably due to the fact that he knew that Ranka was there and saw him kiss Sheryl. We was an idiot for lying to her about it. Michael could possibly be because he believes Alto doesn't have a clue but I confident the first part makes more sense as the reason.
Old 2008-06-15, 17:19   Link #203
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Oh my goddess, if he doesn't want her to get jealous why the hell did he give Ranka a ticket to Sheryl's goodbye concert!?

Why? Because he hasn't a clue, and he doesn't give a rats arse!

No wonder we are all wondering if you've been watching the same scene as we did. Look, Alto is not a very sophisticated creature, stop giving him more credit than he deserves! If not for his other qualities, Alto would have passed for a simple-minded cretin! And having his feelings always written all over his face doesn't help. He may be a pretty boy, but he is one gullible pretty boy. Thus one of the reasons why Sheryl likes messin' around with him and actually get away with it. Of course, Alto's tendency to come back for more amuses Sheryl to no end.

- Tak
You're not making sense. Would you get jealous if the person you like kissed some else? Or would you get jealous if the person you liked took your to a concert?! He didn't know she knew about his kiss with Sheryl so he has no reason to think she would be jealous of Sheryl. He knows she's a huge fan of hers. Again I'm watching the scene I think my scenes must being in a parallel universe from most of you Sheryl fanboys though. I'm trying to give him the minimum credit I would give a monkey. If he doesn't have the faintest clue after it being pointed out to him he might actually be mentally challenged.
Old 2008-06-15, 17:33   Link #204
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:

The idiot comment was probably due to the fact that he knew that Ranka was there and saw him kiss Sheryl. We was an idiot for lying to her about it. Michael could possibly be because he believes Alto doesn't have a clue but I confident the first part makes more sense as the reason.
Where do you base this on?

The two times Mickel says idiot about Alto, it's extremely obvious to everyone but you, WHY he says this. One has to do with Ranka, and the other one has to do with Sheryl. As for Alto and Ranka feeling awkward about the mall scene, I didn't get that from him at all. She definitely was, as she knew more than she was letting on(like all women do). Reminds me of when Ranka transfered to his school and he's just kind of ignoring everyone's conversations. He was acting similiar when the 'fanclub' was formed. He was very dis-interested in the whole thing. He wasn't even really paying attention to any of them in either scenes(probably thinking about the next time he can go flying...).

At least with Sheryl he's too occupied by her games and teases to have that dis-interested and bored look.
Old 2008-06-15, 17:36   Link #205
justinstrife

Quote:
I don't believe he has Male harem lead disease either. He was asked right before the conversion in Ep6 by Michael what was his relationship with Ranka. He's been shown to have at least a passing interest in her. Alto is more of the kind to understand but hide behind his aloof attitude and anti-social behavior. It's not to far fetched for him to jealous. I saw it was a fair chance you might disagree with this but to say it impossible or no evidence support it just makes me wonder about if you aren't a bit too biased.
So far, in 10 episodes, the ONLY time we've seen Alto be jealous of anything, is of Mickel in episode 3, when he knew Mickel was fighting, and he himself was powerless. Look at the advances Mickel is doing on Ranka, and Alto doesn't even notice it. If he's jealous, why didn't he show any reactions there?
Old 2008-06-15, 17:51   Link #206
Slick_rick

Quote:
Where do you base this on?

The two times Mickel says idiot about Alto, it's extremely obvious to everyone but you, WHY he says this. One has to do with Ranka, and the other one has to do with Sheryl. As for Alto and Ranka feeling awkward about the mall scene, I didn't get that from him at all. She definitely was, as she knew more than she was letting on(like all women do). Reminds me of when Ranka transfered to his school and he's just kind of ignoring everyone's conversations. He was acting similiar when the 'fanclub' was formed. He was very dis-interested in the whole thing. He wasn't even really paying attention to any of them in either scenes(probably thinking about the next time he can go flying...).

At least with Sheryl he's too occupied by her games and teases to have that dis-interested and bored look.
What do you base yours on?

Just because you say its obvious doesn't somehow make it magically true. Michael was with Ranka in the mall, saw the kiss between Sheryl and Alto, knows Ranka saw it and heard Alto lie to Ranka. So calling him an idiot makes sense. I don't know if my logic is somehow too complicated. Alto did seem disinterested but overly so and it makes you wonder why. Could possibly be his normal aloof attitude but I don't think so. If you don't see the same thing from his tone and body language that fine but I do base my opinions on my observation. I'm not one to make it out of the clear blue sky. Hopefully you can see where I'm coming for if not oh well.
Old 2008-06-15, 17:54   Link #207
Slick_rick

Quote:
So far, in 10 episodes, the ONLY time we've seen Alto be jealous of anything, is of Mickel in episode 3, when he knew Mickel was fighting, and he himself was powerless. Look at the advances Mickel is doing on Ranka, and Alto doesn't even notice it. If he's jealous, why didn't he show any reactions there?
At least reference one of these advances. None stick out in my mind and Michael usually goes from older woman. Alto also should be able to tell when Michael is just teasing him as he does this often.
Old 2008-06-15, 17:56   Link #208
justinstrife

Quote:
At least reference one of these advances. None stick out in my mind and Michael usually goes from older woman. Alto also should be able to tell when Michael is just teasing him as he does this often.
Had to bolden that word.

Did Alto look like he even cared during the whole thing? He truly looked and acted bored in both scenes involving everyone. Breetai could have shown up in full size and hit on her, and I don't think Alto would have noticed.

Just as I was seeing too much into things yesterday(I blame half of my posts to lack of sleep), I think you are seeing things that aren't even there with the last few posts of yours.
Old 2008-06-15, 18:15   Link #209
Tak

Quote:
You're not making sense. Would you get jealous if the person you like kissed some else? Or would you get jealous if the person you liked took your to a concert?! He didn't know she knew about his kiss with Sheryl so he has no reason to think she would be jealous of Sheryl. He knows she's a huge fan of hers. Again I'm watching the scene I think my scenes must being in a parallel universe from most of you Sheryl fanboys though. I'm trying to give him the minimum credit I would give a monkey. If he doesn't have the faintest clue after it being pointed out to him he might actually be mentally challenged.
Your reply does not even correspond to the slightest of what I said.

Your argument was "he might not want her to get jealous."

The primary focus is on the HE, Alto, not Ranka, who we know is obviously friggin jealous. My point, if you even bothered reading carefully, is quite simple. It boils down to him not knowing and definitely not giving a shit about Ranka's jealousy as of episode six! If he did, why the hell would he give Ranka a ticket to Sheryl's goodbye concert other than the fact that Alto knew Ranka as a Sheryl fangirl. Yeah, if he knew Ranka was jealous, adding fuel to the fire won't help unless he wants Ranka to get a friggin clue.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-15, 18:43   Link #210
Slick_rick

Quote:
Your reply does not even correspond to the slightest of what I said.

Your argument was "he might not want her to get jealous."

The primary focus is on the HE, Alto, not Ranka, who we know is obviously friggin jealous. My point, if you even bothered reading carefully, is quite simple. It boils down to him not knowing and definitely not giving a shit about Ranka's jealousy as of episode six! If he did, why the hell would he give Ranka a ticket to Sheryl's goodbye concert other than the fact that Alto knew Ranka as a Sheryl fangirl. Yeah, if he knew Ranka was jealous, adding fuel to the fire won't help unless he wants Ranka to get a friggin clue.

- Tak
I really hate having to break things down word for word by here I go. You stated "Oh my goddess, if he doesn't want her to get jealous why the hell did he give Ranka a ticket to Sheryl's goodbye concert!?" I counter this with the fact that giving her a ticket to Sheryl's goodbye concert would in no way make her jealous. My primary goal here is to show that he think so because he's unaware that she knows about the kiss in the mall. I understand your point about him not knowing and not giving a shit and your belief if he did he wouldn't have given a ticket to Ranka. I agree on the fact he doesn't know she saw him but disagree on the fact that he doesn't care. If he didn't care they be no reason for him to lie. Please don't say he did it for the "greater good". You're the one who didn't fully read or understand my statements. I agree that he doesn't know that Ranka is jealous. That I have to explain this is such detail hurts my brain.

Quote:
Had to bolden that word.

Did Alto look like he even cared during the whole thing? He truly looked and acted bored in both scenes involving everyone. Breetai could have shown up in full size and hit on her, and I don't think Alto would have noticed.

Just as I was seeing too much into things yesterday(I blame half of my posts to lack of sleep), I think you are seeing things that aren't even there with the last few posts of yours.
Ok you bolded usually what's your point? I was the one who wrote it. You didn't reference any time where he showed interest in Ranka nor disprove anything. Your pulling at straws with Breetai thing.

No I'm not seeing things. I'm wide awake. If you wish to try to discredit me at least offer some evidence.
Old 2008-06-15, 19:05   Link #211
justinstrife

Quote:
I agree on the fact he doesn't know she saw him but disagree on the fact that he doesn't care. If he didn't care they be no reason for him to lie.
I've already posted about this part, either in this thread or another one. Guys don't tell the whole story. Ever. He told her he was at the mall and that was that. Ranka didn't act like she knew he went with Sheryl, and he didn't tell that piece of information. As a guy, knowing very well how guys act, he didn't feel the need to add that piece of information. We do things like that ALL the time. Why should he tell her he was with Sheryl? Why would it be her business? Why tell her what he was wearing, or what she was wearing, or what they were doing? Guys don't do that. That kind of gossip is something women do. Are you female?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick
Ok you bolded usually what's your point? I was the one who wrote it. You didn't reference any time where he showed interest in Ranka nor disprove anything. Your pulling at straws with Breetai thing.

No I'm not seeing things. I'm wide awake. If you wish to try to discredit me at least offer some evidence.
I've already offered evidence in response to your posts. You are the one who has to come up with evidence that there's more than us, the viewers are shown. Hence my comment about you seeing things that aren't there(or shown at least). The burden of proof, falls on your lap, not mine.
Old 2008-06-15, 19:22   Link #212
Tak

^

Yeah, Alto you know, is a guy. We do crap like that all the time. Quite frankly, if I was in Alto's situation, I'd think it is none of Ranka's business whatsoever who I went out with. I'd want to brush her aside as quickly as possible!

How she feels is secondary. Mission objective, get her OFF MY BACK!

Besides, you said "counter this with the fact that giving her a ticket to Sheryl's goodbye concert would in no way make her jealous"

Oh really? Look at her face! Look at her friggin' face! She was very reluctant to accept that ticket, and she was reluctant to pretend Alto didn't lie (although she eventually swallowed it, big time). Did you conveniently skipped scenes again?

Maybe in your world, a ticket of her rival in love's concert won't make her cringe in jealousy, nope, not at all, nah, no.

Yeah... right.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2008-06-15 at 19:34.
Old 2008-06-15, 19:25   Link #213
justinstrife

Quote:
^

Yeah, Alto you know, is a guy. We do crap like that all the time. Quite frankly, if I was in Alto's situation, I'd think it is none of Ranka's business whatsoever who I went out with. I'd want to brush her aside as quickly as possible!

Besides, you said "counter this with the fact that giving her a ticket to Sheryl's goodbye concert would in no way make her jealous"

Oh really? Look at her face! Look at her friggin' face! She was very reluctant to accept that ticket, and she was willing to pretend Alto didn't lie. She is not jealous, nope, not at all, nah, no.

Yeah... right.

- Tak
Just to add to my point and the first part of your post here. I even had a 33 year old female on here, admit what I said was true. If a grown woman can admit how we are, you know I'm right.

Ranka was reluctant about that ticket only because of her seeing Alto and Sheryl together. If she hadn't seen that, she would have JUMPED at the chance to go(she is a huge fan of Sheryl's after-all(remember the first episode??)).

Edit: Another point about the ticket, Ranka I believe, has a suspicion that Sheryl gave that ticket to Alto when they were together at the Zentran mall. Another reason she was hesitant about it. It confirmed in her mind, that they were together and Alto had not told her the truth, adding to her discomfort.
Old 2008-06-15, 19:41   Link #214
Slick_rick

Quote:
I've already posted about this part, either in this thread or another one. Guys don't tell the whole story. Ever. He told her he was at the mall and that was that. Ranka didn't act like she knew he went with Sheryl, and he didn't tell that piece of information. As a guy, knowing very well how guys act, he didn't feel the need to add that piece of information. We do things like that ALL the time. Why should he tell her he was with Sheryl? Why would it be her business? Why tell her what he was wearing, or what she was wearing, or what they were doing? Guys don't do that. That kind of gossip is something women do. Are you female?
I'm a guy for the record. He didn't not just tell her that piece of information. He lied about it. She asked him straight out "Were you Alone?". This whole none of your business excuse works the opposite way. Why lie in the first place unless you don't want that person to know? Guys don't go into every detail but certainly when we lie we have reasons like anyone else. You can lie to women to get in their pants, lie to hide an affair, and lie to hide things you don't want them to know. Even the most chronic liars always have some reasons behind each lie. Normal gossip isn't the same as a straight out lie.

Quote:
I've already offered evidence in response to your posts. You are the one who has to come up with evidence that there's more than us, the viewers are shown. Hence my comment about you seeing things that aren't there(or shown at least). The burden of proof, falls on your lap, not mine.
You comment was that I was seeing things. When you made a similar statement yesterday asking if you were just seeing things. I showed examples to prove your theory was flawed. If you believe I'm seeing things then the burden of prove isn't on me. If you say Michael was flirting with Ranka and Alto didn't care. Show me proof. If you're not going to support your position with proof then I can just tear them apart. The burden of proof isn't on me because I'm quite sure of my position on most issues. I don't need to convince you but it does help to have evidence when I make a point.
Old 2008-06-15, 19:47   Link #215
justinstrife

Quote:
I'm a guy for the record. He didn't not just tell her that piece of information. He lied about it. She asked him straight out "Were you Alone?". This whole none of your business excuse works the opposite way. Why lie in the first place unless you don't want that person to know? Guys don't go into every detail but certainly when we lie we have reasons like anyone else. You can lie to women to get in their pants, lie to hide an affair, and lie to hide things you don't want them to know. Even the most chronic liars always have some reasons behind each lie.
I disagree almost completely with you on this. Sometimes we just feel it's none of your business and leave things at that. Or we don't want to get into details, because we don't like getting into details. Not all lies have 'reasons'.

Quote:
You comment was that I was seeing things. When you made a similar statement yesterday asking if you were just seeing things. I showed examples to prove your theory was flawed. If you believe I'm seeing things then the burden of prove isn't on me. If you say Michael was flirting with Ranka and Alto didn't care. Show me proof. If you're not going to support your position with proof then I can just tear them apart. The burden of proof isn't on me because I'm quite sure of my position on most issues. I don't need to convince you but it does help to have evidence when I make a point.
I already gave you proof. When Mickel was flirting with Ranka, Alto didn't even look at them. When Mickel was flirting with the girls backstage in the 1st episode, Alto didn't even look in his direction. Whenever anybody else is flirting with each other, he never looks their way, or acts like he notices. The only time he notices ANY flirting, is if it's done to/with him. It has to be done directly to him before he notices anything. Look at all the times in the fanclub scene, where Ranka looks at him with a blushing face. He didn't even look at her. He was looking off to the side while everyone was making a big deal about her 'being scouted'. He showed No interest. Zero, zilch. Same as when she transferred to his school. In all of those scenes, he's being his usual non-caring self. Undoubtedly, day-dreaming about flying and how suffocated he feels on Frontier.

He even has that look half the time when he's with Sheryl, though the other half of the time, she's doing something to draw his attention towards her.
Old 2008-06-15, 19:49   Link #216
Slick_rick

Quote:
^

Oh really? Look at her face! Look at her friggin' face! She was very reluctant to accept that ticket, and she was reluctant to pretend Alto didn't lie (although she eventually swallowed it, big time). Did you conveniently skipped scenes again?

Maybe in your world, a ticket of her rival in love's concert won't make her cringe in jealousy, nope, not at all, nah, no.

Yeah... right.

- Tak
Your logic fails on massive levels. If she didn't know about it she would have had no reason to be jealous. Now even if he wanted to just get her off your back then for what reason? Oh its the I'm a guy so I do this all the time reason huh? Was Ranka on his back? Was she pushing herself on to him? She didn't seem like she was clinging to him wanting to know every detail of what happened. It would be weird for him to out of the blue lie unless he had an another motive.
Old 2008-06-15, 20:24   Link #217
herbert

@ justinstrife & Tak
I'd like save your and Slick_rick's time. Here is her reply when last time I tried to tell her Alto doesn't tell Ranka the whole thing because it's none of her business. I was left speechless last time, I'd like to see how you guys handle it.

Quote:
It's none of their business is an even sillier reason. The reason people lie is because they don't want the other person to find out about something. If it was truly none of her business lying would be pointless. I can go around lying to people about my career, and life just because its no ones business but my own. When they find out I can just say it was no of your god damn business. Yep I can see myself become truly great person like doing this!
Old 2008-06-15, 20:24   Link #218
Slick_rick

Quote:
I disagree almost completely with you on this. Sometimes we just feel it's none of your business and leave things at that. Or we don't want to get into details, because we don't like getting into details. Not all lies have 'reasons'.
I again will disagree. Not liking to get into details is a reason for lying. This could be Alto's reason for lying in fact but we still don't know. If you find explaining certain things bothersome then that definitely a reason for lying. The problem I have with the none of your business excuse it that its flawed. Why tell a lie in the first place unless you wish to keep something from the other party? If you don't like getting into details then that the reason not its none of your business. None of your business is an excuse from people who want to hide their motives. Habitual liar lie out of just plain habit but thats their reason. If your to tired, sick or annoyed to want to explain the truth so instead lie that also the reason. Lying without a reason is as much as a myth as catching a cold from going out in the rain.

Quote:
I already gave you proof. When Mickel was flirting with Ranka, Alto didn't even look at them. When Mickel was flirting with the girls backstage in the 1st episode, Alto didn't even look in his direction. Whenever anybody else is flirting with each other, he never looks their way, or acts like he notices. The only time he notices ANY flirting, is if it's done to/with him. It has to be done directly to him before he notices anything. Look at all the times in the fanclub scene, where Ranka looks at him with a blushing face. He didn't even look at her. He was looking off to the side while everyone was making a big deal about her 'being scouted'. He showed No interest. Zero, zilch. Same as when she transferred to his school. In all of those scenes, he's being his usual non-caring self. Undoubtedly, day-dreaming about flying and how suffocated he feels on Frontier.

He even has that look half the time when he's with Sheryl, though the other half of the time, she's doing something to draw his attention towards her.
I was hoping for an episode for that scene as its a bit obscure. Well Alto did comment that he never heard of her Ad Company. Alto isn't usually that way he seemed more to be moping in those scenes. He usually that way when anything unexpected happens or things he's not comfortable with. That his personality. Doesn't mean he didn't care.
Old 2008-06-15, 20:27   Link #219
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Here's more of Ranka's blog for those who are actually interested.

I must say that Ranka seems a bit "Hetare"

^_^;;

Well I have some more comments below her blog...

=============================================
6/6 (NOTE: I feel bad for Ranka in this entry)
2058年12月19日

(Ranka says,)
It's difficult to say.

Ranka-san...

The Arowana (refer to the entry about the fish) was supposed to come out,
The motorcycle that was carrying in route, turned around and collapsed.
It seemed to flee to the Nemu river.

....The store manager is going to become quite blue

This is the subject of talk in the store (*Å*) Ahaha....

6/7
2058年〓月Ю日

Iiya-n! Dreadful dream (;;)

Sometimes I see the same scary dream.
it is in a dark hole.
I'm motionlessly waiting for something
Nobody comes when I weep.
How is everyone afraid in my dream? (I may have to reread this part again)

I want such a person to come and help.
(NOTE: She drew a picture of a superhero---cute!)

6/9
2059年1月ψΣ

Ranka Lee announces!

D-i-e-t st--a--art---ing!! (diet starting)

Ah, it's walk and walk and no action or say something I want to say!!
This time it's different!

The girl's rice is good!

Patience, Patience.

Like 777chan

It's like playing ponyong yukkiri (This one is confusing)

6/9
2059年1月ψΣ

The emergency diet isn't good.

I am the same Ranka now.
I think it's good but...

Ah! In order to get thin, healthily,
consider a diet menu for girls this time!

===========================================

Despite the fact that she mentions her dieting quite often, her entry about her nightmare was sad actually...the more I read her blog, I can't help but wonder if her vulnerability will be her impending doom or something and she'll end up on the dark side or something. Or perhaps I'm reading too much into that particular entry...*shrugs*

I do feel bad for her...

...but I'm still in the Sheryl camp.

Anyhow, I'll post more entries later. I'm actually one page away from the most recent entry.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-15, 20:40   Link #220
ani_d

Quote:
Quick break from work whoo hoo!

Spoiler for saving space:
Wow, detailed character analysis. It really is better to see to see the story more if you lined up all the characters in front. You might want to add Ranka's effect on the Vajra since I think that will play a huge influence on her and her own future.

About Alto, he also has a sense of justice and gets really carried away for someone else's sake. When he called Sheryl unprofessional for leaving her fans to fend for themselves, I just realized that he was criticizing her from a professional's standpoint since he was one. Lastly, when inspired or driven, Alto tends to push himself to the limit regardless of the consequences.

For Sheryl, I think she needs to fix her relationship with her fans more. In episode 7, she cried in front of them and was moved by the amount of support, but it's not easy to forget that these are also the same fans whom she left nonchalantly to look after themselves during the Vajra attack in episode 1. She doesn't need to learn love from just Alto. What about her billions of fans who truly love her to pieces? All those emotions matter and should have enough meaning for her as much as the person who doesn't treat her as Sheryl Nome. I read the translation in her blog saying she gave an autograph to a ten year old but said that she wouldn't do it again. What about those other Sherrified lil kiddos? She'll break their lil hearts? =/ Seriously, she needs to get down her almighty horse and acknowledge her fans more--more than she's doing right now. She needs to realize in the future--if ever that kind of depression hits her--that she's not alone with or without Alto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
My point, if you even bothered reading carefully, is quite simple. It boils down to him not knowing and definitely not giving a shit about Ranka's jealousy as of episode six!
lol! I hope we don't take things too personal here. But I while I do think that Alto has no idea that Ranka saw him and Sheryl at the mall, I do think he is guilty of not wanting Ranka to know that he was with Sheryl on purpose. He has "liar liar" written all over his face and body language. How could we say he doesn't care about what Ranka thinks when he's looking like that? Lying may be casual to guys in our society (though not all) but that's not absolute and solely doesn't speak 100% for Alto's behavior. He did give a ticket to Ranka so that they can see the concert together. I thought that was a great compensation. If only...

Besides, Alto also looked awkward when Ranka asked him why he was with Sheryl. That was the second time he looked fishy in front of Ranka. When he was talking to Ranka on the phone, he never mentioned he was doing a job with Sheryl. If it wasn't a big deal, then why didn't he just tell her? Geez. Anyway, in episode 13, I have a feeling we'll see Ranka confront Alto about this. We'll see if Alto really cares about what Ranka thinks of him and Sheryl contrary to what others perceive. Then we can finally put this issue at rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone wolf
Here's more of Ranka's blog for those who are actually interested.

I must say that Ranka seems a bit "Hetare"

^_^;;

Well I have some more comments below her blog...
I am definitely interested. Thank you soo much. Silly question. What is 'hetare'?

I find her entry on 6/7 more meaningful than the others she posted. I think she's pertaining to her princess charming to save the day. Really cute and at the same time, foreshadowing.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance