AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-08-25, 22:30   Link #521
sumowow

[QUOTE=MakubeX2;1114469]We'll see if Aoki cross the line after Kuro's heeds.

I doubt that he will cross the line. He has shown a lot of self-control in the past chapters. But im sure sooner or later rin will try something bold and they're going to get caught. Im pretty sure its going to happen. I can almost feel it. What if its Houiin? How would she react?
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 00:11   Link #522
manly_madonna

...I wouldn't call it self control, since Aoki isn't fighting himself to not have a relationship with Rin beyond a professional Teacher-Student. I think Aoki just has a hard time trying to understand just how he should understand Rin. She's seems mature beyond her years one moment and the next, she's a child again. He's trying to find the balance between who Rin really is; how much of her is all an act and how much is it is the real child who's trying to hide behind a facade.

Obviously, this is all building to something big. Though Reiji creeps me out a bit, I don't think he's sexually molested Rin...yet. So I'm interested to see what this huge 'wound' in Rin's past is supposed to be about. I'd originally thought it was Rin's mother's passing, but the manga is making it out to be more than that. Maybe something related to her biological father?
manly_madonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 02:23   Link #523
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by manly_madonna View Post
So I'm interested to see what this huge 'wound' in Rin's past is supposed to be about. I'd originally thought it was Rin's mother's passing, but the manga is making it out to be more than that. Maybe something related to her biological father?
Whatever that is, Kuro seems to know about it. ("If you can't love her, the more closer you get to her, the more you'll hurt her")

We still have the events in Rin's 1st and 2nd Grade years to explore in the manga, so it's too early to tell plus Aki had already implied that once Rin's natural father opt for the abortion route, she dumped him right away. So there's no way Rin could have known about her father. And I doubt he, the natural father, even cared about Rin's welfare in the first place.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 11:27   Link #524
sumowow

Aww man. The suspense is killing me. I need to read the next one =(. All of these things happening at this time. Rin allowing mimi to be in love with reiji, kuro confronting aoki. So many things are happening.
Old 2007-09-10, 10:48   Link #525
sumowow

Whats up with this. No one has been posting? Aww i like the discussions you guys have here.

Oh okay. Sorry. Atleast spoil 1 part. Like a page or part of a sentence or something i wouldnt mind. As long as its in *spoiler* mode.

Last edited by sumowow; 2007-09-10 at 13:04.
Old 2007-09-10, 11:27   Link #526
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

We're all tapped out and school just started for many

(try not to double post, it makes the mods unhappy. Just edit your last post...)

I'm waiting for my volume 4 to arrive so I'm kind of trying to avoid excessive spoilage til then.
Old 2007-09-14, 07:28   Link #527
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Same post carried over from the anime thread :-

My purchase was delievered safely early today.

As said, 2 copies of the same thing. There are sites out there that's already dived into details of the package, so I shall not do the redundent here.

But what some of them might neglect to mention is that there's a fanbook that will be published on the 27th of October. People here will mark my word that I would be getting that too.
Old 2007-09-14, 08:37   Link #528
sumowow

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Same post carried over from the anime thread :-

My purchase was delievered safely early today.

As said, 2 copies of the same thing. There are sites out there that's already dived into details of the package, so I shall not do the redundent here.

But what some of them might neglect to mention is that there's a fanbook that will be published on the 27th of October. People here will mark my word that I would be getting that too.
Wow. You sir are very lucky. I wish i could read japanese. Also i hope you get that fanbook
Old 2007-09-17, 11:55   Link #529
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well after giving the OVA a whirl I checked out the manga...And all I can say is I hope the producers can manage to translate this story in its entirety without dumbing it down since it really is an engaging story.

I mean once I got passed the loli fan service (And man is there alot ) I got to appreciate just how well thought out the whole thing is. A couple of the scenes especially carried an incredible emotional power to the point that it either drew a tear or made me stop reading altogether and just sit back to think for a moment.

Defiantly gonna start recommending this one to friends...I'm sure ill get more then a few odd looks, but ill hope they can recognize the work the way I did as being more then just a perverted loli fan service thing. Absolutely can't wait for the next chapter.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 11:02   Link #530
GammaRed

hmmmmm

Well, its nearly time for a new chapter... has anyone got any subscriptions that might have arived that they can give us a preview of a few pages?

*looks hopefuly around*
GammaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 12:30   Link #531
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thumbed through volume 4 this week..... heh, the story is approaching dorama levels especially in relating to certain teacher backstories. I don't mean that in a bad way --- the reader is getting some interesting depth and color in this volume.

Now... hmmm, to translate the details myself or be lazy and catch up on the scans....?
Old 2007-09-28, 08:22   Link #532
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Chapter 30 is late for this month. I suspect that whoever is scanning the chapter might just want to wait till the anime aired before releasing it.

In the meantime, people here might want to check out the single volumed Mon Seul for an alternative view on the suitation in KnJ.

Both tales share the same premise of a precocious 9-10 year old girl who have a crush on a much older male and hunger for some affections. Except that Minami here does something drastic and breaks her brother's long term friendship and her family apart.....
Old 2007-09-28, 08:46   Link #533
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Chapter 30 is late for this month. I suspect that whoever is scanning the chapter might just want to wait till the anime aired before releasing it.

In the meantime, people here might want to check out the single volumed Mon Seul for an alternative view on the suitation in KnJ.

Both tales share the same premise of a precocious 9-10 year old girl who have a crush on a much older male and hunger for some affections. Except that Minami here does something drastic and breaks her brother's long term friendship and her family apart.....

Seems like an interesting manga. It isn't scanlated and no English release. D: No point for me. ._.

Just for curiosity's sake can you post a summary of the whole thing? The summary posted on ann got me curious. :>
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 14:15   Link #534
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Chapter 12 Is Blogged And Summarized. This chapter introduces some plot elements (serious ones of a psychological nature) that I never thought we would see in Kodomo No Jikan. Any analyst who says KnJ is nothing more than lolicon pandering should at the very least take a look at Chapter 12.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 09:32   Link #535
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Chapter 30 :-

Echo B.Spears :- "I'm not that innocent"

Clearly, he's not into huge b00bs.
Old 2007-10-01, 10:23   Link #536
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That's not quite it... he's just telling Rin to dress properly (and modestly). His poor coworker (doing her best to flirt) is now embarrassed because she was doing exactly what Rin was -- running around a bit unbuttoned.
Old 2007-10-01, 17:27   Link #537
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That's not quite it... he's just telling Rin to dress properly (and modestly). His poor coworker (doing her best to flirt) is now embarrassed because she was doing exactly what Rin was -- running around a bit unbuttoned.
But it quite cleare that Aoki just turn his eyes away from Hoin and focus on Rin. Shows that he's not interested in her assets.

Anyway, back to topic. This chapter starts with Aoki thinking about Kuro's words back in 29 and trying to sort out his feelings. He overheard a news report about an elementary school teacher getting arrested over a illict affair with one of the students and decided that he just can't get involve with Rin on a romantic level.

Then everything decend into a joke about what's the missing Japanese letter in the phrase お〇んこ (O__nko) from a Spam Usa had recieve in her Cellphone. Rin and Kuro knew what the missing letter is obviously and what the complete phrase means, but Usa no. Aoki manage to turn everything around and make thing look very innocent, much to the disbelief of Rin and Kuro.

From here forth, this chapter becomes a debate about how much innocence a child should be allowed to retain, with Hoin confiscating a Shoujo Manga from one of her students and showing it to Aoki, then Aoki spotting Usa buying some Grown Up Litreature and everything came to a high point with Aoki confessing to Rin and he hopes to see her as more of an innocent child rather than a grown up. Finally at the end, he sort out his feelings that he should be more of a Fatherly Figure to his charges. (Only after Usa spourt the words "Dad" to Aoki under the influence of the stuffs she had been reading)

PS :- Didn't Humbert mention something about being a "Fatherly Figure to the Nymphet" and "they look up to that" in Lolita too ?
Old 2007-10-01, 18:22   Link #538
likesue

so is only chapter 30 out or is entire volume 5 out? and is it translated?
likesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 08:51   Link #539
sumowow

So anyone else in here think that the scar has to do with rin's father? It could also be the reason why
Spoiler:
but its just an assumption.
Old 2007-10-03, 17:53   Link #540
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowow View Post
So anyone else in here think that the scar has to do with rin's father? .
What scar ? There wasn't any mention of that.

Quote:
It could also be the reason why
Spoiler:
but its just an assumption.
This is just one of Rin's chracteristic. She does not think of herself as a child and want to push this view upon Aoki.

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen