AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-12-31, 02:39   Link #21
KBTKaiser

There's an older thread buried somewhere, actually...maybe someone can request a merge?

EDIT: Found it.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117837
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 15:19   Link #22
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

So like, the color cover chapter 51 announced the official release of WT figurines right?

Well...

The figure company just went belly-up, and bankrupted.

OOPS.
Old 2014-05-28, 10:01   Link #23
bastek66

Wow, I was wrong. It gets anime and still there is almost no discussion. Nor here nor for example on /a/.
Old 2014-05-28, 10:11   Link #24
Aesthetic Shampoo

I am surprised this hasn't been cancelled yet, to be honest.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 07:54   Link #25
Triok123

soo...the thread is dead.....??
well....here the last cover
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 15:57   Link #26
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
soo...the thread is dead.....??
well....here the last cover
*image*
Wait, what!? World Trigger's ending!?
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 23:39   Link #27
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Wait, what!? World Trigger's ending!?
I think what Triok123 meant to say was that the cover they posted was for the latest World Trigger cover, since as far as the story is heading currently, we are no where close to the ending (especially with the anime airing soon).

As for the thread being so inactive ... well, the main two reasons is that not many people were interested in the series to begin with given the lackluster start it had (hopefully we will see interest pick up again when the anime airs) and that the only way to read it now is legally through Viz ... provided if you are part of the countries they offer their digital magazine to.

In any case, I suppose I might do my part to revive the thread a bit, by talking about the current arc.

Invasion Arc Impressions

Spoiler for Impressions:

I'm surprised to find myself looking forward to reading more about how all of this will unfold, but I guess it goes to show you that you can't judge a manga by the first few chapters all the time. World Trigger had been a slow burner but I'm glad it had finally managed to get going post the Miwa/Arashiyama Squad battle, and had kept on getting better. Hopefully it continues on with that trend.
Old 2014-09-28, 00:27   Link #28
amasposu

I skim through every one of the recent chapters, but the pacing of the story is just too slow to get me interested.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 16:23   Link #29
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
I skim through every one of the recent chapters, but the pacing of the story is just too slow to get me interested.
Going to have to disagree about the pacing. It might have been horrid when the manga first began, but it has not only improved since in the last year, but at this point recent chapters had been going at a really nice speed and transitions from different events and battles.

I will say since we are nearing the climax of the current arc soon, hopfully will go back to no battles for a while.
Old 2014-09-28, 19:01   Link #30
bastek66

This series was never popular. Not here, not on mal, not on /a/, dunno about tumbr coz I don't visit that cancer. Manga is still balancing between decent rank and cancelation-risk.
And now anime is early morning show with shitty animation by Toei.
Shit happens.
Old 2014-09-29, 18:41   Link #31
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post

I'm surprised to find myself looking forward to reading more about how all of this will unfold, but I guess it goes to show you that you can't judge a manga by the first few chapters all the time. World Trigger had been a slow burner but I'm glad it had finally managed to get going post the Miwa/Arashiyama Squad battle, and had kept on getting better. Hopefully it continues on with that trend.
This is pretty much how One Piece/Bleach/Naruto/Hunter x Hunter started out. The first set of chapter were all slow and low-key. However, they were also key to establishing the characters and the scope of the world, which is essential in a long running battle shonen.

Look at the other battle shonens they've been testing out recently. Every single one pretty much dived right in, introducing way too many concepts way too fast. In the end they fizzle out after a few months because the readers lose interest and don't get invested into the world and the characters. World Trigger is the only battle shonen that didn't make this mistake and through a combination of luck and pull somehow didn't get canceled after 2 months.

Once Naruto ends World Trigger world trigger might have a chance to jump in and fill the vacuum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
This series was never popular. Not here, not on mal, not on /a/, dunno about tumbr coz I don't visit that cancer. Manga is still balancing between decent rank and cancelation-risk.
And now anime is early morning show with shitty animation by Toei.
Shit happens.
No scanlations make it pretty hard for most of the western audience to follow.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 13:42   Link #32
Triok123

Quote:
I think what Triok123 meant to say was that the cover they posted was for the latest World Trigger cover, since as far as the story is heading currently, we are no where close to the ending (especially with the anime airing soon).

As for the thread being so inactive ... well, the main two reasons is that not many people were interested in the series to begin with given the lackluster start it had (hopefully we will see interest pick up again when the anime airs) and that the only way to read it now is legally through Viz ... provided if you are part of the countries they offer their digital magazine to.

In any case, I suppose I might do my part to revive the thread a bit, by talking about the current arc.

Invasion Arc Impressions

Spoiler for Impressions:

Spoiler:
Old 2014-10-04, 03:11   Link #33
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Chapter 76

Well, things are finally coming to a head

Spoiler for 76:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Look at the other battle shonens they've been testing out recently. Every single one pretty much dived right in, introducing way too many concepts way too fast. In the end they fizzle out after a few months because the readers lose interest and don't get invested into the world and the characters. World Trigger is the only battle shonen that didn't make this mistake and through a combination of luck and pull somehow didn't get canceled after 2 months.
I agree largely with what you wrote, but I think that the bold is where you really hit the mark on why World Trigger managed to become this engaging. I don't necessarily think that it excuses the awkward and slow pacing of the first chapters, but it certainly did help set up the necessary ground work for the series to later on build upon and make it stand comfortably when it kicked into gear during the first major arc.

When we factor in that the series was originally intended to be a sports series rather than a Sci-Fi one, it makes a lot of sense that the early chapters where intended to be the ones where the team is brought together and get to know each other (while the team dynamics are being set), when they joined border being the preliminary round to the main event (the current invasion).

Quote:
Once Naruto ends World Trigger world trigger might have a chance to jump in and fill the vacuum.
I wouldn't be so sure early on. The series is doing well now but still has a long way to go to reach that level of popularity and we never know what the future might hold.

Quote:
No scanlations make it pretty hard for most of the western audience to follow.
That and Viz for some reason continues to not attempt to capitalize fully on the series (releasing the series weekly in only 6 countries, volumes 1 and 2 only coming out 2 years after the Japanese release) leading to cutting the size of the potential readership for the series.

Quote:
apparently Miwa is doing rather well, so i'm impresed since i expected him to kicked the bucket fast
Miwa was always strong, even when he and Yuma fought all the way back he managed to really prove troubling without a Black Trigger vs Yuma who had one, and he was never taken out during the battle between his and Arashiyama's squad, so it isn't really that surprising to see that he is able to be this good against Hyrein. Jin didn't offer him the Fujin for no reason afterall.

Plus he gets a positive modifier against any opponent who is a Neighbor due to his intense hatred

Quote:
and Osamu seem to be as fuck as done(he got a Mira in front of him... my dream of a MC being killed may come true)
Yup, that sure looks like the end of the line for Osamu ...

But seriously, while it looks like Mira is about to turn Osamu into Shish Kebab, with 3 minutes to go anything can happen at this point. I'm almost lead to believe that they will manage to overcome the worst possible outcome from Jin vision (Chika being captured by Aftokrator, Osamu being killed by Mira) but maybe what Karasuma did might have affected things so who knows ...

Quote:
in other side Yuma don't seem to do be doing good neither (according to Replica VIza is probably the Afrokator's strongest warrior), and Black trigger don't have bailout
Viza vs Yuma is turning out to be amusing. I did like how Replica told Yuma that Osamu is fine despite him being filled with hole thanks to Mira : and in general Viza is having a trickster side to him is really fun.

I do think he will manage to defeat him, but I do want to know what is the deal with him not having any Trion Horns ...
Old 2014-10-05, 06:36   Link #34
Triok123

it seem that only relatively young people have horn, olds mans like Viza don't seem to have one, and according to spoiler
Spoiler:
and after first episode all i have to say is ..Toei you're a asshole....wtf with this animation....
Old 2014-10-06, 00:36   Link #35
Esclair

Quote:

I wouldn't be so sure early on. The series is doing well now but still has a long way to go to reach that level of popularity and we never know what the future might hold.
Naruto is ending in 5 chapters. The only manga they have to fill that void is Toriko right now, and that's supposedly 50% done. Plus they have been promoting it for a while now.

I think trying to promote World Trigger now would be a smart move if they're looking to fill that gap. There's no way a new battle shonen can reach Naruto's popularity if they started now, unless it's something new by Murata, but he's busying working on One Punch Man.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 11:36   Link #36
James Rye

Quote:
Naruto is ending in 5 chapters. The only manga they have to fill that void is Toriko right now, and that's supposedly 50% done. Plus they have been promoting it for a while now.

I think trying to promote World Trigger now would be a smart move if they're looking to fill that gap. There's no way a new battle shonen can reach Naruto's popularity if they started now, unless it's something new by Murata, but he's busying working on One Punch Man.
Maybe you're right. WT gets a CP in the #48 Jump magazine release. So Jump does seem to try to promote it to get it more interest. But so far it doesn't look like the anime had much effect on its sales. It would be good if WT could sell over 150k or 200k before dropping out of the Oricon Top 50 sales. But so far it seems far from it.

It is kind of strange though. WT had so many postcards and votes for its first popularity poll, yet it always rank in the middle or near the bottom and rarely in or near the top5 or the bottom 5. But Assclass which sells far more than WT had like not even a 1/10 of voters that WT had for its popularity poll. Guess that means WT has at least a dedicated fanbase in japan though it doesn't seem to grow much, no thanks to the anime.

A shame, the Invasion arc got pretty good yet it is an up and down in the rankings with it. Some chapters are very high, most middle and some in the bottom like in the recent ranking. Then again the WT editor had said that WT has gotten first place a couple times in the TOC yet we never saw that, so it's not like its written in stone what the ranking results are.

Spoiler for Chapter 78 spoiler:
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 13:03   Link #37
ChuckE
Provoker

I like in WT that there are no OP characters. At least for now.
Old 2014-10-15, 15:39   Link #38
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
I like in WT that there are no OP characters. At least for now.
True that. Even Hyrein with his Alektor weapon (is that a spoiler?) who seemed OP as hell, can still have a hard time against a skilled and well-prepared opponent.

The only one who I would see as OP was Jin when he had still his black trigger. His side effect to foresee the future plus that amazing weapon made such a deadly combo that even the best A-agents had no chance against him. That was crazy. Thus I'm glad that Ashihara "weakend" Jin and decided to make him a, very strong, A agent again while Jin's old weapon becomes an item of power many other agents will fight for.

Though it will be very interesting to see if Miwa gets Jin's Black Trigger and how he will far as S-class. That would also mean that Miwa cannot lead the Miwa squad anymore.

Come to think of it, will Jin now form his own team or will he join Reiji's team? Or will he wait till Osamu team gets A-level and join them? So far he seems to be a one-man team even as an A-class agent.
Old 2014-10-17, 11:01   Link #39
James Rye

Spoiler for Chapter 79 spoiler:

Does anybody happen to know when the fantranslation will pick up WT again? I saw translations for it for ch. 56 and 57 but no notice when those gets typed into the actual chapters. Or is it that due Viz there will be no more WT translations? But other mangas also got Viz translations and I see fan translations from those all around the net.
Old 2014-10-19, 11:59   Link #40
James Rye

Okay, I found myself some translations on tumblr, but I'm not sure I can post the link here or if that's forbidden. Hope somebody could give me a short yes or no explanantion on that matter. Translations are about 57-67 and the quality is not so great but good enough to understand what is going on. If you would like to read ten WT chapters packed with action in a row let me know per pm. Guess link per pm is alllowed, right?

And sorry for the triple post.^^

Tags
action, shounen stargate