Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-09-05, 07:49   Link #6061
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname1029 View Post
is there any new theories floating aroudn?

i got one for teh chibi-mage....its...negis long lost sister!!

i know a lot of people will complain about foreshadowing, but he doestn have to reveal her identidy yet, she can just be the antagonist no one knows the backstory to for a while while the author drops hints here or there before dropping hte bomb

... too much?
As much as Akamatsu loves to throw in little foreshadows way before anything ever comes of them, we'd have seen hints of a sibling before now. All of his familial relations so far have been given hints. His father and Nekane were noted right off the bat (even if the vaguaries of Japanese address make determining the latter's actual relation to him unclear). He was confusing Asuna for the aforementioned "oneechan" in his sleep from the beginning of the series, and sure enough we find that he and she are at least somewhat related (they share a common ancestor within the line of Ostian royalty, if nothing else). With Arika, there wasn't anything explicitly hinting at her existence, but the fact that so much mention was made of his father but nary a word was said about his mother was a hint in and of itself that she might come up. He doesn't have to have siblings, as he could always be an only child, but he must have both a father and a mother. They might be dead, but they have to have existed at some point for him to exist now.

I think the best odds right now (I'd say about 3:2) are on Chibimage being Zecht. He's certainly who the more attentive readers are supposed to be suspecting that's who it is, after the multiple "almost reveals" of the past few chapters, each looking more like him. And it's about time for a straightforward reveal after the left fielders involving Zazie and Mana in the last several chapters...
Old 2010-09-07, 16:54   Link #6062
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Chapter 301 is out.
Spoiler for Key pieces of information:

Spoiler for My thoughts:
Old 2010-09-07, 19:57   Link #6063
DKN117

...Great. Japan's got 301 but USA hasn't even got 300 yet!
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 23:24   Link #6064
AlaAlba

Spoiler:
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 20:44   Link #6065
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Yay 300 was nice ended it bad though <.< another long time till 301 YAY ^^
Old 2010-09-08, 21:08   Link #6066
Slilent Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Yay 300 was nice ended it bad though <.< another long time till 301 YAY ^^
Not really the translates is out for 300 & 301 at Manga Helpers and the RAW has been out for like two days so really 301 should be put together in like a day or two not that long considering some of the waits the manga put fans through. By the way do you mean that 300 is scanlated already?

My current work
Slilent Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 22:10   Link #6067
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slilent Type View Post
Not really the translates is out for 300 & 301 at Manga Helpers and the RAW has been out for like two days so really 301 should be put together in like a day or two not that long considering some of the waits the manga put fans through. By the way do you mean that 300 is scanlated already?
Scanlated version of 300 is up at Mangafox. Although they seemed to have switched the captions for Collette and Misora...

Anyway, Anya figures out what we already knew, Asuna's still in a bit of denial, Negi's crazy-wtf-powerful, girls are now preparing, etc.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 22:57   Link #6068
y0shi

Im not sure if anya really figures anything out.
I think Asuna just realized how much he means to her but I still dont think that its in "that" way, I actually really liked them as elder silblings :P

Chapter is kinda setup, what happened to the love hina stuff?

~ I'll hold your hand if you hold mine ~
~ The time that we kill keeps us alive ~
y0shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 23:50   Link #6069
Xacual

Love Hina stuff got released separately. I liked the chapter especially with Asuna and Anya's conversation at the end.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 00:57   Link #6070
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

You know I am sure some of you spotted this long ago and I am the last one to the boat but I was wondering if anyone else thinks (truck driver) Johnny Rydain is an homage (albiet a strange one) to johnny ridden of gundam fame.
Old 2010-09-09, 07:50   Link #6071
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0shi View Post
I think Asuna just realized how much he means to her but I still dont think that its in "that" way, I actually really liked them as elder silblings :P
Right, because siblings blush that ridiculously hard when told that the other one is coming to rescue her. This isn't really even up for debate any more. Luna's told us that Asuna's in love with Negi, and she would know better than anyone.

It doesn't change anything. Negi's got bazillions of girls after him, and he probably can't choose them all. It comes down to who HE likes that way, which at the moment I suspect is no one.
Old 2010-09-09, 08:45   Link #6072
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

crack ship ... he end up being scared of the girls running off with Kotaro

in no way ment seriusly or as a wishful thinking but
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 09:51   Link #6073
Wigwams

negima loli spinoff manga?

Old 2010-09-09, 11:19   Link #6074
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Negima Meets Hanamaru Kindergarten

as far as i can gather from 2ch its going to be a 2shot
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 12:09   Link #6075
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Sayo is a dead toddler.

SAYO IS A DEAD TODDLER.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 12:26   Link #6076
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush

That's... just wrong....

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 13:06   Link #6077
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Sayo is a dead toddler.

SAYO IS A DEAD TODDLER.
For the sake of your own sanity, I would advise against thinking about it that hard.
Old 2010-09-09, 13:07   Link #6078
y0shi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Right, because siblings blush that ridiculously hard when told that the other one is coming to rescue her. This isn't really even up for debate any more. Luna's told us that Asuna's in love with Negi, and she would know better than anyone.

It doesn't change anything. Negi's got bazillions of girls after him, and he probably can't choose them all. It comes down to who HE likes that way, which at the moment I suspect is no one.
Sheesh, keep cool.

I just felt that their relationship seemed more like loving silblings during the last arc.

Asuna has recovered her memorys, her (probably) lonely childhood came back at once, everything she forgot, how she was always kinda alone and who she really is.
And then she sees Negi who is doing so much, who is turning into a monster, just to save her, and how she finally has found a home, friends, a family who cares for her and does so much to save her. That would make me cry as well

At least thats the way I understood it, Anja just kinda surprised her when she was getting very sentimal.

BTW, look at the LH oneshot p6, did azuna always make this face? Cause it looks like a 100% senu face :P

~ I'll hold your hand if you hold mine ~
~ The time that we kill keeps us alive ~
y0shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 13:16   Link #6079
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Akamatsu is just toying with the audience regarding the true nature of Negi and Asuna's relationship, and I get the feeling he will keep on doing that until the very end of the manga.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 13:23   Link #6080
MegamiMiko

301 is out. Team Dynamis ready for battle.
MegamiMiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy