Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-19, 20:05   Link #581
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Haven't you already seen Alsiel's demon form in the beginning of the first episode?
Yeap, but not entirely clear enough for me. I only saw his face. I wonder if he has bundles of muscles like Maou.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 20:11   Link #582
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Not really. A girl working at a call center gets paid at least US$1,000 a month. Add in her English skills, and she can easily get up to US$2,000 month
Oh I don't disagree- just adding that since she was an 'adventurer', she probably had experience with money management

Like how she said that 'smaller' equals cheaper armor to buy
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 20:13   Link #583
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Ah! You're right about that, but did Maou have hooves? I could have sworn he had claws instead.
He had both claws and hooves. The latter is why he was barefoot when he turned into a human.

As for Alciel, yeah, we've seen him in ep 1 - apparently he's huge, though, since he and Satan seem to have the same height difference as in human form. And going by the shoulder guards on his cape, he's probably more buff as well. Also, he has a tail. (I'm still not over that.) And the same claws and pointy ears as Satan.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 20:13   Link #584
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Most likely just an excuse.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 20:16   Link #585
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Most likely just an excuse.
There's some truth to it- Custom crafted gear are probably more expensive
Old 2013-04-19, 20:20   Link #586
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Oh I don't disagree- just adding that since she was an 'adventurer', she probably had experience with money management

yeah but while she went through the portal, she took an arrow in the knee and has to do guard duty now. lost her powers and is a call center agent now.

Either way - I doubt she ever had to pay for anything herself in the past, so I'm not really sure she is beetter with money than those two.

Another thing you shouldn't forget is a nice sentence she said, namely that she lost her credit card . Mao was never wise enough to get one or he could have had a better start too.
As Sumeragi already said, call center agents have a higher starting wage and she seemingly is a full time employee too while mao started out as a part timer.

I really suspect Emi just put a bit more thought into the issue than Arsiel and Mao.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 20:23   Link #587
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
yeah but while she went through the portal, she took an arrow in the knee and has to do guard duty now. lost her powers and is a call center agent now.

Either way - I doubt she ever had to pay for anything herself in the past, so I'm not really sure she is beetter with money than those two.

Another thing you shouldn't forget is a nice sentence she said, namely that she lost her credit card . Mao was never wise enough to get one or he could have had a better start too.
As Sumeragi already said, call center agents have a higher starting wage and she seemingly is a full time employee too while mao started out as a part timer.

I really suspect Emi just put a bit moe thought into the issue than Arsiel and Mao.
She's probably in mountains of debt now. I remember Maou said in episode 1 that he doesn't want to pay for things on borrowed money because he'll end up paying more, so that's probably why they live so shabbily because everything is paid up front.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 20:25   Link #588
Sumeragi
Banned

Well, something to consider: Part-timers in McDonald's start at 850 yen per hour.

More importantly, you can only get a nice flat like Emi if you made a down payment of several months worth of rent. That means she already had the money.
Old 2013-04-19, 20:28   Link #589
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Nah, if they're going by traditional RPG, which I'm all but certain of, then the Hero manages the money for the party all the time.

Since when is there an RPG story where the Hero has financial backings ?

Quote:
More importantly, you can only get a nice flat like Emi if you made a down payment of several months worth of rent. That means she already had the money.
Could she had sold her armor?
Old 2013-04-19, 20:30   Link #590
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Well the size of her flat looks a bit fishy, then again we don't really know much about its size., as we only saw two rooms.
I doubt she has a huge debt to pay off tbh, but since I got reason to doubt she ever had to worry about money... oh well thats probably something we will never find out about. (Except there is episode where an executor comes to get her stuff

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-04-19, 20:30   Link #591
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Well, something to consider: Part-timers in McDonald's start at 850 yen per hour.

Maybe Emi sold her armor to a collector. An authentic battle armor like that would probably fetch quite a sum.
Old 2013-04-19, 20:31   Link #592
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Probably how she had the seed money, selling everything but the sword and her clothes at a pawnshop.
Old 2013-04-19, 20:33   Link #593
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Not if you have magical abilities to charm the landlord...
And yes I'm talking about magic, as in the thing that usually uses mana in games...

Quote:
Nah, if they're going by traditional RPG, which I'm all but certain of, then the Hero manages the money for the party all the time.

Since when is there an RPG story where the Hero has financial backings ?

Its more likely she arrived without it, it wouldn't have fetched as much as you might think btw.
And regarding her managing money... Well as said I have very good reasons to think she didn't

Old 2013-04-19, 20:34   Link #594
SQA

Quote:
We have no proof she got here the same time as mao; The travel might have put her days, weeks maybe even a month before him.
I also think Mao just took the first best job he could find to pay his rent while Emillia probably looked a bit more carefully, maybe the first person she met was her friend since its strange that she is able to speak both english AND Japanese while it took mao a while to just learn japanese, even though he probably used magic to gain the knowledge about it. (Which would include pronounciation) .

Though I think the real reason why Emillia is so better off is describable with one word:
Karma.

And no her Karma is still better than a good Mao's... If you want to know how I got that idea you will have to wait for the next episode to air
Also, it's very possible that Emilia had more Magic Power when she landed on Earth, which might have allowed her use it to pick up Japanese and English, along with getting a better start. (It's also possible she hypnotized someone to give her money to start...) Opening the Gate probably cost Maou a massive amount of Magic Power, even excluding the fact he'd just been defeated.

Remember, the last power that Maou has could only fix a fry cooker, while Emilia can still open the Gate. So, even their current reserves are massively different.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 20:36   Link #595
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Also, it's very possible that Emilia had more Magic Power when she landed on Earth, which might have allowed her use it to pick up Japanese and English, along with getting a better start. (It's also possible she hypnotized someone to give her money to start...) Opening the Gate probably cost Maou a massive amount of Magic Power, even excluding the fact he'd just been defeated.

Remember, the last power that Maou has could only fix a fry cooker, while Emilia can still open the Gate. So, even their current reserves are massively different.
Aye, thats pretty much what i meant on the other page.

Edit: I think she was bluffing about being able to open the gate btw.

Old 2013-04-19, 20:47   Link #596
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I really am enjoying this show. The dynamic between Maou and Emi is pretty entertaining. Not surprised by her confusion here. You fight a guy who's trying to conquer the globe and then find him working part-time and frankly not acting evil.

Almost expected her to be more worried about him going on the attack since he seemed to have regained some power there. Though I suppose she didn't end up as a Hero not having the mindset to focus on her ability to attack rather than being worried.

Regardless cute argument in the cafe . The whole series has just been rather fun.
Old 2013-04-19, 20:53   Link #597
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Well, remember how Maou get his own 10k yen at the first episode?
I assume Emi would use that technique too, but gets more than 10k.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 20:54   Link #598
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Well, remember how Maou get his own 10k yen at the first episode?
I assume Emi would use that technique too, but gets more than 10k.
I doubt it that hero dare to steal

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 21:01   Link #599
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I doubt it that hero dare to steal
They're funding JUSTICE!
Old 2013-04-19, 21:02   Link #600
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Emi most likely worked for all the stuff she has now. We've already seen plenty of instances of her good nature throughout the series.
She wouldn't resort to petty thievery.

Heck, she even returned Maou's key!
theflyingturkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work