AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-26, 14:45   Link #21
Claes
Claes lover

Is that really the background for the anime? Its damn awesome!
Old 2008-04-26, 16:07   Link #22
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hmm... this interests me indeed, since Someday Dreamers was the second slice of life show I saw and the one that made me aware that such a genre existed. I will definitely look forward to it, even if it seems that the cast staff and story are getting a new look.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 23:07   Link #23
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

I am so excited over this. ^^ I loved Someday's dreamers a lot, and a sequel is always worth looking at. I also picked up the tabs on doing this little anime's translation for a speed sub. Heh.
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 03:42   Link #24
tenkenX6
Undead Fansub TL/TLC
*Fansubber

I will definitely check this show out when it starts up, since I liked the original one enough to warrant watching this new one. I'm always up for a good slice of life anime.
tenkenX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 04:59   Link #25
BluWacky
尻の竜

I'm fairly massively slow off the mark but the official website for the show is now open at http://www.sora-mahou.com. You'll probably remember that the official site for the first series was http://www.yume-mahou.com, so they've kept the same naming scheme!

It is confirmed that Takefumi Haketa will be doing the music for Natsu no Sora, which I'm sure pleases virtually all of us!
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 12:21   Link #26
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
It is confirmed that Takefumi Haketa will be doing the music for Natsu no Sora, which I'm sure pleases virtually all of us!
Well, a second series would definitely never be the same without him.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 13:38   Link #27
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I had heard of Someday's Dreamers, but it came out before I was watching anime and I hadn't gotten around to seeing any of it. But when I was looking into this show, I watched the first episode of Someday's Dreamers and totally loved it. So now I'm eager to see this new show -- after I watch the old one. I liked both BECK and Paradise Kiss, so I have some confidence in the esthetic judgment of the new director.

The music was/is certainly great, but I also loved the voice of the lead, Miyazaki Aoi. A little flat, but expressive, natural, and moe. She didn't spend much time as a seiyuu, but went on to do TV drama, etc., and now does more TV commercials than anything else, as far as I can tell. When I think how much her voice reminded me of Hanazawa Kana's in Sketchbook Full Colors, I think Hanazawa-san will fit in just fine as the new lead, Sora.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-05-31 at 15:43.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 20:50   Link #28
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

There's a live-action also ~ ? Very cool!

As for the anime, I'm exited for this. It looks very promising even though I've never read the manga.
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 17:17   Link #29
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Based on the first two chapters of the manga, it looks like this could be pretty good. Although the trailer scares me a little, can't say I'm real fond of the character designs and I really hope they don't go blending 2D animation with live-action backgrounds. JC Staff did such a good job with the first season that I'm a little surprised they went with a different studio for this one.

Summary of the first two chapters in case anyone wants an idea of where the story's going:

Spoiler for first 2 chapters of the manga:

Based on the first two chapters, this seems to have a lot of potential--assuming the anime follows the same storyline, this edition seems like it will have much more romance element to it than the original series did, which would be a good thing in my book even if we see some traditional rom-com cliches getting thrown in here. The original Someday's Dreamers had such good atmosphere to it that it'll be hard for Natsu no Sora to top it, but I'm hoping they can pull it off, because if they can this could be really good.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 19:13   Link #30
soulstaker

I need to watch Someday's Dreamers to watch this?

Planning to jump directly on it.
soulstaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 19:33   Link #31
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I believe you definitely should, regardless of what they're planning on doing for this season. It's a beautiful little series, and unfortunately, terribly overlooked.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 21:16   Link #32
soulstaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
I believe you definitely should, regardless of what they're planning on doing for this season. It's a beautiful little series, and unfortunately, terribly overlooked.
Well... i have ~15 days to think about that.
soulstaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 04:27   Link #33
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Argh, I still couldn't have a good grasp of what's happening, I suppose this series falls under the same category as Nanoha, if not, somewhat similar then?
Old 2008-06-18, 04:39   Link #34
BluWacky
尻の竜

The Mahou Tsukai... series are nothing like Nanoha whatsoever, except that there are people with magical powers in them.

Nanoha is a gung-ho otaku-centric action series. All the Mahou Tsukai stories are introspective, slice-of-life stories with magic as a regulated skill for work and helping people; no Starlight Breakers or anything like that, no-one uses their magic to harm anyone.

I don't think you'll need to have watched Someday's Dreamers to "get" this show; it's been half a decade or so since the last series, I should think they'll explain all the rules and regulations again for new viewers. There may be one character carried over from the first series (I think I see Kera in the trailer, but I'm not sure) but otherwise it's about totally different people.

I would, however, agree with WanderingKnight that it's worth seeing the first series, as it'll give you a pretty good idea of the kind of thing to expect from this one.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 05:48   Link #35
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
The Mahou Tsukai... series are nothing like Nanoha whatsoever, except that there are people with magical powers in them.

Nanoha is a gung-ho otaku-centric action series. All the Mahou Tsukai stories are introspective, slice-of-life stories with magic as a regulated skill for work and helping people; no Starlight Breakers or anything like that, no-one uses their magic to harm anyone.

I don't think you'll need to have watched Someday's Dreamers to "get" this show; it's been half a decade or so since the last series, I should think they'll explain all the rules and regulations again for new viewers. There may be one character carried over from the first series (I think I see Kera in the trailer, but I'm not sure) but otherwise it's about totally different people.

I would, however, agree with WanderingKnight that it's worth seeing the first series, as it'll give you a pretty good idea of the kind of thing to expect from this one.
I see.. and am glad so.
I couldn't imagine live-action + Riot Zamber and Starlight Breaker
Someday's Dreamers.. hmm, shall look into it later, tyvm.
Old 2008-06-23, 12:22   Link #36
suguru
京都 ikitai~

They updated the official website:
http://www.sora-mahou.com/

Although looking at the introduction page, it looks like we're going to see some of the "Sora animated against a live-action background" shots like the trailer had. I really hope they keep that to a minimum, for me at least mixing animation and live-action is even more jarring than bad CG.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 13:06   Link #37
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulstaker View Post
I need to watch Someday's Dreamers to watch this? Planning to jump directly on it.
I don't think you have to watch Someday's Dreamers. I think the characters in the new series are all new. But I would recommend watching the old series, anyway, just for the pleasure of it. The series is around.

I just watched it and thought it wonderful: gentle, heartful, almost slice-of-life, against a backdrop of apprentice mages doing work experience just before being granted full mage status.

But mages are not Merlin-like, more like highly specialized public servants. People go to the office and apply to have a mage use magic to do something for them, such as find a lost relative, etc. If the request is approved, the task is assigned to a mage, who may have the apprentice do it.

There is a wonderful dreamy quality about the show, and some nice characters and relationships. If the new show is as good, it will be very enjoyable.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:27   Link #38
Same_Shark

Here's some pics from the anime along with pic of the seiyuu.
http://ga.sbcr.jp/manime/010375/
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:39   Link #39
manuloz

If you want to see some clips of the trailer + the seiyu:

http://www.manganimation.net/news/?p=384
manuloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 01:39   Link #40
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Like Impz and Kaoru Chujo before me, I had a look through the original series when I heard about this one. I also thought it a wonderful slice-of-life series, very charming and tranquil in its own way. If the new series is anything like the one done by J.C. Staff, it will be a worthwhile watch for fans of the genre.

Apologies to Impz for posing a competition to his blogging, but I might be picking this up as well.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slice of life