AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-16, 21:49   Link #401
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by loltan View Post
ink should not fade so quickly by the way...
Depends on the ink really. If it was a water based pen, which the vast majority are these days, then yes it could fade that fast.

Given that the water would of saturated the paper quickly it would cause the ink to bleed and smudge, which would break it's shape, and thus stop them being charms.

But meh. I always wonder why people pick up on the little things like this. In a series with magic and esp a little thing like ink fading quickly dosen't really seem all that important to me. I mean if it was the likes of Maria-sama, or some other RL styled anime, fair enough. But in a series like this one, why worry over it.

On a different note, EEEEWWW that teachers room was gross. Hell i thought it was bad enough with a loli teacher, but that room *shudders* i thought i was a sloppy person. I bet if you lifted her bed you'd find 6month old food >.<
Old 2008-10-16, 21:53   Link #402
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
But meh. I always wonder why people pick up on the little things like this. In a series with magic and esp a little thing like ink fading quickly dosen't really seem all that important to me. I mean if it was the likes of Maria-sama, or some other RL styled anime, fair enough. But in a series like this one, why worry over it.
Iya, it's not really that small of a thing, especially when they have a whole scene where the ink dissolves. And it's pretty important, because the whole resolution to the fight involves the ink dissolving.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-10-17 at 22:01. Reason: Removed what anime viewers do not know (spoiler)
Old 2008-10-17, 07:44   Link #403
loltan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
Depends on the ink really. If it was a water based pen, which the vast majority are these days, then yes it could fade that fast.

Given that the water would of saturated the paper quickly it would cause the ink to bleed and smudge, which would break it's shape, and thus stop them being charms.

On a different note, EEEEWWW that teachers room was gross. Hell i thought it was bad enough with a loli teacher, but that room *shudders* i thought i was a sloppy person. I bet if you lifted her bed you'd find 6month old food >.<
The avarage pen, say a BiC, would only bleed off the sides to a very very small extent, but the writing would still be legible. The runes should still work unless the distinctive shapes are completely destroyed.
Old 2008-10-18, 12:59   Link #404
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Let's just say that the water distorted the shapes enough to break the effect and leave it at that.

What are the sources for the songs the characters are singing in the nicovideo links? I recognize the Touma-bridge one (Tales of the Abyss OP), but what about the Index and Firestarter videos?
Old 2008-10-18, 13:42   Link #405
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loltan View Post
The avarage pen, say a BiC, would only bleed off the sides to a very very small extent, but the writing would still be legible. The runes should still work unless the distinctive shapes are completely destroyed.
Actually, it depends on the ink and the paper assuming plain water was coming out the sprinklers. Try the experiment with a receipt from the gas station . If you wet it enough, the ink runs and parts of it disappears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Let's just say that the water distorted the shapes enough to break the effect and leave it at that.
I agree. This nitpicking will go nowhere.
Old 2008-10-18, 13:43   Link #406
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

SUPER EXPLANATION EPISODE!
...*yawn*
Geez... Not only are these ultra long explanations dull because they touch on subjects most viewers don't understand or care about, but I already know all of this...
Science side>>>Magic side, indeed

Spoiler for ep3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
What are the sources for the songs the characters are singing in the nicovideo links? I recognize the Touma-bridge one (Tales of the Abyss OP), but what about the Index and Firestarter videos?
Other Tales games

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-18, 14:01   Link #407
Mentar
Banned

Heh... well, those familiar with the storyline will have sighed at ep3, because what they really wanted was ep4 ^_^; - at least I did. I had hoped that they would push the episode break a little later....

Or one could use positive consultantspeak and point out that this episode proves that Index is no "monster of the week" show, but that it rather has an ongoing storyline. Nevertheless, that was LOTS of talk.

The preview really made me smile though, this is looking VERY tasty. I also have no idea what Mikoto/Kuroko are doing there, but that's nothing to complain about, just the opposite ^_^
Old 2008-10-18, 15:14   Link #408
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Boring episode was boring
Next episode: Anti-gravity Breasts and swordfights
Old 2008-10-18, 17:11   Link #409
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Heh... well, those familiar with the storyline will have sighed at ep3, because what they really wanted was ep4 ^_^; - at least I did. I had hoped that they would push the episode break a little later....
I'm taking that to mean
Spoiler for next ep storyline:
Old 2008-10-18, 19:21   Link #410
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Made a page for the series on the TVTropes wiki, if anyone cares to add anything.
Old 2008-10-19, 05:03   Link #411
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Spoiler for ep.3:

EDIT:

forgot to say something, that sure was a lot for one drop of blood

as for the preview; say what?!

Last edited by Utau; 2008-10-19 at 06:31.
Old 2008-10-19, 06:49   Link #412
Seiryuu

This looks to be a truly great series. It's got some fanservice, some comedy, some potential romance, and all in a way that meshes smoothly with the entire story. I think I'm going to like this.
Concerning the teacher, I couldn't help but ask myself could this girl somehow be related to Kogami Akira? There's something strikingly familiar...
In the first episode, one thing I couldn't help but think: Index is an idiot! No matter how much you doubt someone's power, you don't incite him into a test in which, if he succeeds, the level of his power would be directly proportional to the level of your resulting nudity.
Old 2008-10-19, 08:40   Link #413
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

The plot exposition certainly could have been done better, but considering such a story with a rich background, they probably thought it better to get it over and done it sooner rather than later.

Index compensates for that partly by once again showing her moe potential.
Old 2008-10-19, 09:40   Link #414
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've been waiting months to see Kanzaki in action, so i'm glad to see the wait shall end next week. Just seeing her in this episode made me smile quite a bit --- she's as awesome as i knew she would be.
Old 2008-10-19, 14:15   Link #415
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
...Index compensates for that partly by once again showing her moe potential.
Iguchi Yuka is also showing her moe potential, as her seiyuu. With the addition of the amazing teacher character (played by Koyama Kimiko, who was Fuuka in Negima!? and Sora in Doujin Work), the moe meter was off the scale....almost to the level of caricature.

The few words we got from Kanzaki were pretty riveting, too. Props to Itou Shizuka.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-10-19, 16:40   Link #416
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

ep4 's going to Rock; Kanzaki looks like she means business and Touma has lost the element pf suprise.
Also learn that he's delinquent who likes to fight, interesting.
Old 2008-10-19, 16:55   Link #417
loltan

^
Well, it is Shizuak Itou, so you can't expect it to be a piece of crap. The cast is pretty good, and I'm quite liking Yuka Iguchi considering that the only previous exposure that I had of her was in Maid Guy, which imo was quite disgusting.
Old 2008-10-19, 17:04   Link #418
flou
That's no lady

Just curious, but what are the ages of the cast? I know Stiyle's age, but as for the rest...
Old 2008-10-19, 17:10   Link #419
loltan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
Just curious, but what are the ages of the cast? I know Stiyle's age, but as for the rest...
Biribiri is in her first year of middle school I think, so 7th grade.

Touma's somewhere in high school...

Komoe... I dunno... She could be a real loli in disguise... or a robot...
Old 2008-10-19, 17:40   Link #420
pparker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
The plot exposition certainly could have been done better, but considering such a story with a rich background, they probably thought it better to get it over and done it sooner rather than later.
Entirely agree with getting the exposition out of the way, and was still pretty organic. Also,
Spoiler for episode 3:

This series continues to remind me of Shana in the way it is progressing and in the detail of the story's universe.

Last edited by pparker; 2008-10-19 at 17:41. Reason: add spoiler tags
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen