AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 93 68.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 19.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 6.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-17, 17:09   Link #41
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Smile

This was such a nice episode :'D
Old 2010-08-17, 17:15   Link #42
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hahaha, if you understand the lyrics the gohan is a side dish song is nothing short of hilarious.

In any case, fairly emotional episode. It had been several seasons since I had seen an anime episode that actually made me cry. Nice job as always Kyoto Animation. Even your comedy shows move me to tears. Even if you had to use the next episode's budget to get the quality you did for this one.
Old 2010-08-17, 17:22   Link #43
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

This episode greatly reminds me of episode 12 of season 1, though this was far more interesting, considering this is the last time they will perform in the high school setting and in this current line-up and, as you would expect, they would get highly emotional over that.

Funny bit: Azusa's mind has finally succumbed to the instrument naming and officially named her guitar 'Muttan'. Now all the guitar players have nicknamed their instruments. Good job, Yui.

Now I wonder what kind of finale KyoAni and Kakifly have in store for us. Either way, I'll miss this show.
Old 2010-08-17, 18:03   Link #44
Dr. Casey

Subs are out from Unlimited Translation Works.
Old 2010-08-17, 18:09   Link #45
Peanutbutter

Pretty underwhelming episode in my opinion. Too much MC, too much "outdoor" shots. Guess they really blew the budget earlier.

The last scene was nice. That's it really.

Now to wait for the full songs.
Old 2010-08-17, 19:04   Link #46
Proto

Really? Personally I thought it was exactly the other way around. I think it was a very good directing even on an stringent budget can give the idea of very good animation. I was awed by how good the adaptation was considering on how short the original material it came from was supposed to be. To the point that, aside from a few obvious moments, I never even noticed that there were so "many" outdoor shots. The pacing of the episode had enthralled me to such a level that I was thinking whatever the director wanted me to think. Talk about ability to convey your intentions.
Old 2010-08-17, 19:40   Link #47
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Subs are out from Unlimited Translation Works.
No idea what this group is but subs are out by gg under the tag kk .

I really wish they had played atleast three songs that we could have watched .. yeah there was 3 but one was only in the background and we didn't see it. Interaction with audience is nice but I think Yui took it a bit too far.

The end with the girls crying and them sleeping was really touching. Loved the episode, and I gave it 10 even though I wished for more songs.
Old 2010-08-17, 19:45   Link #48
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
No idea what this group is but subs are out by gg under the tag kk .

I really wish they had played atleast three songs that we could have watched .. yeah there was 3 but one was only in the background and we didn't see it. Interaction with audience is nice but I think Yui took it a bit too far.

The end with the girls crying and them sleeping was really touching. Loved the episode, and I gave it 10 even though I wished for more songs.
I haven't seen much (if any) shows by UTW but I've seen people that follow their subs quite a bit so it can't be that bad.

And now I'm off to watch this episode... Damn the comments here sure made me hyped...
Old 2010-08-17, 19:51   Link #49
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Oh yeah UTW.. Didn't think of that, lol. Still, I'd take GG(kk) any time over UTW.
Old 2010-08-17, 20:08   Link #50
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
Fansubs... it's a stupid joke that Jaka died in a plane crash right?
Old 2010-08-17, 20:18   Link #51
Fariken
Huggin Ricchan :3

Emotional episode When girls starting to cry, I almost start too xD
(Ritsu: Mioo... Lycopeeen~ :B aww lovely
Spoiler for :B:
)
Hahaha xDDD Yui took a lot xD but was funny :B
10/10

"Quién decide y quién le da significado a lo perfecto, si ser superficial para mí es sólo otro defecto del imperfecto ser humano, la máquina que destruirá a este mundo con sus propias manos..."

Last edited by Fariken; 2010-08-17 at 20:55.
Old 2010-08-17, 20:26   Link #52
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

oh bummer...ur making me wanna watch the not-so-good subs XD

meh...still waiting for the infamous Chichiro subs.
Old 2010-08-17, 20:37   Link #53
Dextro
He Without a Title

Ok watched,
Spoiler for episode:

Well, only a dozen or so episodes to go, make them memorable KyoAni!
Old 2010-08-17, 20:42   Link #54
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

GMT's assessment may be spot on.... this may get really weepy as the dream fades under the weight of "regular life". Those damned "gateway moments" in life....
Old 2010-08-17, 21:08   Link #55
Proto

Quote:
Overall very nice episode. The bits with Yui going off talking about random stuff weren't bad but I fell like it was overused... I really felt like I was getting tired of it as much as the audience but I can see how something like it was needed to help keep the budget in check.
Aren't all MC's like that anyway?
Old 2010-08-17, 21:11   Link #56
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

*sniff*

As I type my post, I'm still sniveling, and my tears almost fell from my cheek.

Vexx has a point. The dream of Budokan will most likely be just a dream, as this episode tells us in the latter half: "not everything that we enjoy will stay for long".

It somewhat breaks the fourth wall too, as it can also be interpreted as telling the fans that the end is near for the story for both the manga and the anime.

Despite the awesome concert, that little moment after that got me more. Especially the exchange between Ritsu and Yui.

My score for this series will escalate to ten.

*The tears from my eyes have started to fall. My mind plays "Watashi no Koi wa Hocchikisu" in the background.*
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-08-17, 21:15   Link #57
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

That was pretty nice ep, altho Yui's MC was kinda long winded, could have done with a shorter vers but the rest was good.
We didn't get Mugi-chan's song did we?

Touching little moment at the end, I look forward to the rest of the series to see where it goes from here, should be pretty fun.
Old 2010-08-17, 21:26   Link #58
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I was getting a tad bored of Yui's MCing like most people... I didn't care much for it this episode. It was the events after the concert that really made the episode. Though I laughed real hard when Azusa was wiping Mugi's tears and then it looked like she shut her up by smushing the napkin on her mouth xD

The ending of the episode was cute. I loved it. Shows how united the set of characters are.
Old 2010-08-17, 21:33   Link #59
GreatTeacherKen

Definitely the most heartwarming and emotional episode in the series for me. In contrast to other slice of comedies like AzuDai and Minami-ke, K-On! admittedly did take longer for me to warm up to, but I've grown fond of the Houkago Tea Time girls and I felt tears welling up at the last scene. The theme of the group eventually having to separate has been building up since the beginning of this season but at that moment it really hit the characters and me as well hard.

I also like how much the girls have grown during the concert. While they make a few clumsy mistakes, they, especially Mio, seem more confident than they did when they first started out. Indeed, their concerts seem to get better and better along with their audience's enthusiasm.
Old 2010-08-17, 22:43   Link #60
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Though I want to, I can't give this episode a 10 because for the first time in all of K-ON, Yui's well being long winded, silly, and stupid as the MC really started to get to me to point was to get a bit annoying and reducing my enjoyment of the concert and episode. So despite the fact that U&I was amazing I loved it, the other song was decent, and emotional part was good too, I have to give this episode a 7 because -1 for lack of Mugi's Honey Sweet Tea Time, and -2 for most annoying Yui in all of K-ON, and I normally enjoy/like Yui's attics but just too much this episode even if for budget reasons I can't ignore it on scoring this episode.
MAL
Closed Thread