AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-10-10, 00:23   Link #2541
Eratas123

Yuki Nagato's in the Infinite Stratos world Why does she let Karon drag her along though? You'd think she only follows Laura and any other superior officers orders.

Zero and Meister- Second Karon and Irish draft coming in a few hours, please read, review and tell me what you think once it's posted.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 01:19   Link #2542
DarkJak2050

Goddang guys. Seems that you're all having fun here.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 01:22   Link #2543
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Goddang guys. Seems that you're all having fun here.
That's what we got for ignoring Light Novels *SNORT*
Old 2011-10-10, 01:28   Link #2544
DarkJak2050

Speaking of which, I just finished reading Vol. 5, 6 and Vol. 7 ch. 1. Seems that it's getting real now.

Now I have a problem on how should I have the pace set on Project Silverback. Remeber that it's concurrent with IS's storyline. And I don't think that it's going to be a "long" story. It's probably going to be around 6-8 chapters. Not really sure though.
Old 2011-10-10, 01:31   Link #2545
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Argh that was supposed to be a .75 caliber, not 75mm! That's a freaking GAU as you said. Sorry Zero, didn't mean to blow your mind there.

The ammo is carried within the pods and part of the ammo assembly hangs under the pod behind the pilot like a detached backpack. I reasoned it to be such because I thought all the firing mechanism was in the grenade so all that was needed was a barrel to stabilize and a triggering mechanism. If that's not feasible, I'd change it to one pod for firing and the other pod carrying the ammo, with a belt feed connecting the 2. Is this better?
Old 2011-10-10, 01:34   Link #2546
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Speaking of which, I just finished reading Vol. 5, 6 and Vol. 7 ch. 1. Seems that it's getting real now.

Now I have a problem on how should I have the pace set on Project Silverback. Remeber that it's concurrent with IS's storyline. And I don't think that it's going to be a "long" story. It's probably going to be around 6-8 chapters. Not really sure though.
Yeah, because as I said, ignore the light novels' slow pacing and kick it to the curb. Pick where it's very important.

I followed the arc of novel out of necessity and can't wait for V3 where SHIT happens.

@ Mesiter

Now .75 cal makes sense considering it's full-auto, Maya-sensei's is 40-50mm but it was revolver anyway.
Spoiler for Lol:
Old 2011-10-10, 01:50   Link #2547
Eratas123

@ Darkjak- 8 chapters only? That seems a bit low for a story like yours. I was thinking it'd be like 20 or something.

@Zero- Any idea on How Ichika saves Cecilia? Thinking that the kidnapping is when he becomes a "partial deployment" fighter but I'm afraid it's too soon. What do you think?
Old 2011-10-10, 01:52   Link #2548
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Instead, it is armed with a single evacuated-bore .75 caliber automatic grenade launcher with belt-feed and ammo box integrated into the 2 shoulder pods. The firing mechanism is inside the right pod, while the second pod handles ammo creation and storage, and a belt connects the two. It is capable of output up to 600 rounds per minute, though it can manage a continuous fire of 200 rpm, re-arming as it fires.

I've changed it to this. Is this better?
Old 2011-10-10, 01:53   Link #2549
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Instead, it is armed with a single evacuated-bore .75 caliber automatic grenade launcher with belt-feed and ammo box integrated into the 2 shoulder pods. The firing mechanism is inside the right pod, while the second pod handles ammo creation and storage, and a belt connects the two. It is capable of output up to 600 rounds per minute, though it can manage a continuous fire of 200 rpm, re-arming as it fires.

I've changed it to this. Is this better?
YUP, that's much better
Old 2011-10-10, 02:08   Link #2550
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Darkjak- 8 chapters only? That seems a bit low for a story like yours. I was thinking it'd be like 20 or something.
Alright, I'll let you know now that's as far as the "First Phase" goes. In fact, that's how I originally planned it. The continuation of Project Silverback will depend on the readers. And besides, I need to keep on reading the IS Light Novels so I'll know how to "work with it".

And just as I said, Project Silverback is concurrent with IS's storyline. Ch. 2, it's set in early June. And compared to the IS storyline, I think it happens shortly before IS Academy's Tag Team tournament (where Ichika teamed up with Charlotte/Charles).
Old 2011-10-10, 02:09   Link #2551
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
YUP, that's much better

Next time, just say it. Some times, what's crack isn't exactly crack.

Quote:
Yuki Nagato's in the Infinite Stratos world Why does she let Karon drag her along though? You'd think she only follows Laura and any other superior officers orders.

Zero and Meister- Second Karon and Irish draft coming in a few hours, please read, review and tell me what you think once it's posted.
1) Don't be misled by Laura; from the short conversation with her #2 Espada, and all the Command Room Bunnies, most of the Schwarzehase are really amicable individuals. Then there's #10 Espada Celeste, who really is just flattened in affect because she's used to being so. She sees Karon as a leader, and hence follows her orders no matter how strange. This is technically because she's out of the Schwarzehase hierarchy at the moment and within another squad, so as a perfect soldier, she follows all the orders of her commander. After all, most of them are reasonable orders, if only but part of them are because it is for a whacky operation, like say cosplaying in the Chinese Cafe.

2) SUre thing!
Old 2011-10-10, 02:48   Link #2552
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I wonder how blitz do the rest of chapter...
Old 2011-10-10, 03:03   Link #2553
Eratas123

Finished Chapter 4. Will post it in a few.
Old 2011-10-10, 03:50   Link #2554
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Your nameless OC who's a MS Deconstruction.
- okay. Working on it.

Also, 40mm is the standard size of an M203 Grenade. So the revolver-type GL Maya is using isactually normal. A 40mm grenade has a high amount of explosive, but currently the US is trying to change that over to 20mm or 25mm grenades (A leftover from the OICW project). 25mm grenades have less punch but are programmable and are more accurate over range.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 04:10   Link #2555
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- okay. Working on it.

Also, 40mm is the standard size of an M203 Grenade. So the revolver-type GL Maya is using isactually normal. A 40mm grenade has a high amount of explosive, but currently the US is trying to change that over to 20mm or 25mm grenades (A leftover from the OICW project). 25mm grenades have less punch but are programmable and are more accurate over range.
Come to think of it, most I.S. shell-firing weapon are not MUCH larger in terms of caliber.

Anyway, I always wanted to ask this but...

@Meisterbabylon

How many I.S. Singapore had (in your fanon)? Considering the distribution table, there's about 22 country who own I.S. in the world (21 in the Mondo Grosso Game + Chifuyu of Japan who doesn't listed)

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-10-10 at 04:55.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 04:51   Link #2556
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
since you guys are like photoshopping heads of expectant IS pilots into uniforms, i decided to use my available non-photoshop resources (since i'm using photoshop for skinning tanks for now), aka my rather heavily modded version of 3D Custom Girl

For now i will only post a Pre-IS Academy picture of Maria Estevez and Elena Lopez-Tan:

Done in 3D Custom Girl: Pardon the quality

Spoiler for Elena, 1 Year Before:

She is indeed a "'Maria Clara' of the Modern IS Times."

Spoiler for Maria, 1 Year Before:

*warps away*

Last edited by Saint X; 2011-10-10 at 05:02. Reason: Added Elena
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 04:55   Link #2557
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

@Meister: Reworked the character. I hope she won't be too much of a headache to write...
Quote:
There was a mystery to the mundane.

As a teacher, Lydia Jensen had seen a large variety of personalities, enough to turn her blonde locks white at times. Many of them students she had personally tutored, others just students she'd met. Some stood out, some slid into the background.

Of the girl in front of her, Jensen was unsure of. The last of the students she'd interviewed, she repeated the same question she had with all the others: "Tell me about yourself."

"I'm just an ordinary Jane. Everyone else in Class 1-2 is awesome." She turned her head back to the teacher with a smile, honest as the warmth of the sun. "I don't stand out at all."

Jensen had to nod. This girl posted average or above-average at best in grades, athletics and IS training. Indeed, as an IS pilot she was average in maneuverability, ranged, melee, nothing really special.

Until you put all the data together and realised she was average at everything. EVERYTHING. While she did not excel at any particular subject or skill, neither was she lacking. It was as if she was a perfect balance at everything she did.

Where do you come from? He wondered. Despite the facts in hand there was a mystery here he could not hope to solve. A truly 'ordinary jane' would have strengths and failings, not be evenly perfect across the board. That was simply impossible, even more impossible than a perfect ace or a perfect klutz. No one could just be average at everything. What are you hiding?

"Isn't there anything at all you consider yourself good at?" the teacher asked.

"Well, there is only one thing." The girl seemed to think it through a bit before answering. "I'm good at protecting my friends."

Behind that young and hopeful teenaged girl's gentle face was the heart of a tiger.

<--------------->

"Shay Cunningham."

"Excuse me?" The pale green bob of hair turned to show a face much younger than expected of a teacher, framed in large round glasses that made her look even younger. Yamada Maya looked like a schoolirl herself as she blinked, looking at the other teacher. "Which one was she?"

"Class 1-2. Shoulder-length brown hair with a hint of curls." Lydia Jensen even thought the image was odd. Pretty but not beautiful, cute without being overly so. Middle-line for a school like IS Academy. Again, average. "She doesn't have a personal IS."

"Ah, I remember now. She pilots a stock Rafale Revive during training," Maya replies. "She does well with an Uchigane, but she said she preferred the Rafale for its flexibility."

"For it's average-ness, you mean." Jensen called up a record of Cunningham's IS performance stats again. "The Uchigane specializes in ground mobility and melee combat. On the other hand, the Rafale Revive series are a jack-of-all trades among IS. She chose it because it was so ordinary."

"Eh?" Yamada looked perplexed. "Is there something wrong with her?"

"I don't know just yet." Jensen shut the file, they stretched in her chair. "I just find That girl's mannerisms are just wrong."

"How so?"

"Don't you think it's all too forced?" The blonde teacher scratched her head. Clearly, all the students in 1-2 had their odd quirks and failings, but something about this particular girl made her worry. "She's a perfect 75-80% percentile on her test scores. Not honors, but just good enough to get into IS Academy. And then we have her IS aptitude."

"It was average across the board."

"Yes, average." Jensen turned and crossed his arms. "EVERYTHING she's done is average. A true 'average' human being wouldn't be like that."

"I don't follow."

"An average person would be good at some things and bad at others. They wouldn't be a perfectly straight line. To be that average, you would have to work at it." Jensen stared at the ceiling. In a class of extremes Cunningham was one herself--an extreme average. It was mind-boggling. "Why would you do that? Why go through all the trouble of getting into IS Academy and then just neither excel or fail?"

Who are you trying to fool, Shay Cunningham? Lydia then looked at the girl's room assignment. And why THAT room on the dorm list?

<--------------->

It was a corner room, one of the few in IS Academy's dormitories that were large enough only for one person. They were rare and usually reserved for special cases. Even Orimura Ichika was unable to be assigned such a room, as they were often reserved for either upperclassmen or dorm supervisors.

Shay appreciated this fact. She had no way of kowing how to deal with a roommate after school hours, especially one who she would be in the same class with. As she moved in, she did not mind the crampedsingle bed and windowless wall. The lack of a toilet did not faze her, as she appreciated the solitude.

With a cheerless smile, Shay locked the door and immediately began studying her math textbooks. Appearances had to be kept, regardless of the location.

Will they like me? Cunningham fearfully asked herself as she dreaded the next day, when she would have to smile and pretend she was the perfect average girl she was supposed to be.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 05:11   Link #2558
Eratas123

@ Zero and Meister- First part of the Second Karon x Irish Draft, hopefully it's okay.I'll post the rest when I can.

Spoiler:

There you have it, please read and review Meister and Zero.
Old 2011-10-10, 05:18   Link #2559
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero and Meister- First part of the Second Karon x Irish Draft, hopefully it's okay.I'll post the rest when I can.

Spoiler:

There you have it, please read and review Meister and Zero.
WHOA! THAT'S DAMN GOOD!!

@Meister

Still on my question above, and second question: what's metroid?
Old 2011-10-10, 05:30   Link #2560
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
WHOA! THAT'S DAMN GOOD!!

@Meister

Still on my question above, and second question: what's metroid?
@ Zero-Thanks for reading I hope it wasn't too bad, anything wrong with it?

I think a Metroid is the Ship that Karon boards when they're in space, not too sure though.

@ Wavehawk- How come your drafts are so detailed? Even if you make them in a short amount of time they still feel like they're part of a full chapter.

BTW- Chapter 4 of "What lies in Shadows" is posted. Will be taking a break from that to write "Daydreams of Maidens in Love" Wish me luck

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest