AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-10-19, 18:37   Link #3541
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
Sorry for not updating last weekend when I should have, but its hard balancing time to write with time to study.

Anyway, this is urgent: I want to stop copying the text from the light novel, anyone willing to become a BETA reader for my story?
You might wanna ask wavehawk or Blitz. I'd do it but I'm not too confident with my grammar skills.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 18:39   Link #3542
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Sorry for not updating last weekend when I should have, but its hard balancing time to write with time to study.

Anyway, this is urgent: I want to stop copying the text from the light novel, anyone willing to become a BETA reader for my story?
We're on the same boat man, I recommended the same as Eratas, but Blitz is busy right now and I stopped updating for two weeks because of that, so if you want to work fast, might as well ask Wavehawk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone knew the canon reason of why the protagonist (and/or their allies) cannot detect the presence of Phantom Task via Core Network System?

Anyway, let's me explain this with an excerpt from V3:
-------------------------
The IS Core Network is a unique network that links together. IS was developed for space exploration, so even if they are a galaxy apart, they can accurately detect each others position, so the network had the specialty of identifying each others location.

Of course, to accurately detect each others location, they have to get authorization. But even without it, one can tell roughly where they are.

However, if one wants to avoid being detected by the Core Network, they can use what's called a stealth mode.

'All three are using stealth mode, impossible to detect where they are'. In other words, they're 'at a place where they don't want to let other people know where they are'. Thus, Charlotte could tell that they were 'following her from behind'. As Laura, who was in the Army before, was amongst them, they wouldn't commit such a stupid mistake as being spotted. However, Charlotte had an amazing perception, and so this deduction was just easy.
----------------------------------------

Gospel was undetectable via both conventional (infra red, radar) and unconventional means (IS netwok) because it's core was severed from Core network. The only one method to search it is visual tracking.

Could it be that they're in Stealth mode all the freaking time?
Old 2011-10-19, 18:43   Link #3543
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Anyone knew the canon reason of why the protagonist (and/or their allies) cannot detect the presence of Phantom Task via Core Network System?

Anyway, let's me explain this with an excerpt from V3:
-------------------------
The IS Core Network is a unique network that links together. IS was developed for space exploration, so even if they are a galaxy apart, they can accurately detect each others position, so the network had the specialty of identifying each others location.

Of course, to accurately detect each others location, they have to get authorization. But even without it, one can tell roughly where they are.

However, if one wants to avoid being detected by the Core Network, they can use what's called a stealth mode.

'All three are using stealth mode, impossible to detect where they are'. In other words, they're 'at a place where they don't want to let other people know where they are'. Thus, Charlotte could tell that they were 'following her from behind'. As Laura, who was in the Army before, was amongst them, they wouldn't commit such a stupid mistake as being spotted. However, Charlotte had an amazing perception, and so this deduction was just easy.
----------------------------------------

Gospel was undetectable via both conventional (infra red, radar) and unconventional means (IS netwok) because it's core was severed from Core network. The only one method to search it is visual tracking.
I'm guessing phantom task is either using their own cores or they severed the cores they're using from the network. It would be an epic fail for them to go to all that trouble stealing the zephyr only to ignore the giant target painted on it.
Old 2011-10-19, 18:46   Link #3544
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I'm guessing phantom task is either using their own cores or they severed the cores they're using from the network. It would be an epic fail for them to go to all that trouble stealing the zephyr only to ignore the giant target painted on it.
My theory would be that they made their own network with in Phantom Task. Like how Madoka came to the rescue of the woman who was piloting Arachne.
Old 2011-10-19, 18:49   Link #3545
Eratas123

Quote:
My theory would be that they made their own network with in Phantom Task. Like how Madoka came to the rescue of the woman who was piloting Arachne.
I'm using the duplicate core theory in my fic, the bulk of Tatenashi and Irish's story is to stop them from perfectly recreating the cores and mass producing units to use against the world.
Old 2011-10-19, 18:50   Link #3546
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Quote:
WOOO THANKS!! I'll use "Phantom Task has different network" then, kinda like how hostile factions having different radio frequency.
Old 2011-10-19, 18:57   Link #3547
falcolobo
The Third Runner

You're welcome. Also, that would explain why the core that the IS academy confiscated from the drone IS during the Ichika X Rin fight had an unregistered core- it was a core of a different network thus would not register with the current network.
Old 2011-10-19, 19:00   Link #3548
Eratas123

Quote:
You're welcome. Also, that would explain why the core that the IS academy confiscated from the drone IS during the Ichika X Rin fight had an unregistered core- it was a core of a different network thus would not register with the current network.
Actually, that drone was sent by Tabane but that doesn't really change anything since she could just as easily sever it from the network since she made it.
Old 2011-10-19, 19:02   Link #3549
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
:d you're welcome. Also, that would explain why the core that the is academy confiscated from the drone is during the ichika x rin fight had an unregistered core- it was a core of a different network thus would not register with the current network.
yay more explanation that easy to digest and fits canon!

@ Eras

Tabane can create IS at whim, who said she cannot create other functional network? If the Golems is severed from the network, it'll went berserk crazy-ass like Gospel, and might attack each other instead.

EDIT: this gave me an idea, what IF two cores from different network automatically recognized each other as hostile?
Old 2011-10-19, 19:09   Link #3550
Eratas123

Quote:
yay more explanation that easy to digest and fits canon!

@ Eras

Tabane can create IS at whim, who said she cannot create other functional network? If the Golems is severed from the network, it'll went berserk crazy-ass like Gospel, and might attack each other instead.
Which is why I think she's a hypocritical bitch.

Tabane: All IS are my children! Now excuse me while I disregard what I just said and go make more berserk cores to attack IS academy just cause I feel like it.
Old 2011-10-19, 19:11   Link #3551
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:

Tabane: All IS are my children! Now excuse me while I disregard what I just said and go make more berserk cores to attack IS academy just cause I feel like it.
LOL!
But you might as well save that for the fic, let's taking things easy.
EDIT: My question above, please answer
Old 2011-10-19, 19:25   Link #3552
Eratas123

Quote:
LOL!
But you might as well save that for the fic, let's taking things easy.
EDIT: My question above, please answer
I can't answer your question since I'm more of a realism type of writer, ask Crack lord Meister or Agetreme about that if you want. They seem to have a bigger grasp on the "IS core = Sentient" thing.

I'm already planning a segment where Karon chews out Irish for smashing cores which are technically alive.

@ Jak - That would be SO satisfying but you have to remember that Tabane can pull a missile barrage out of her ass so you might want to be careful.
Old 2011-10-19, 19:25   Link #3553
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Guys, this is not a place for character bashing, I knew it's fanfic discussion and all but doesn't what we had yesterday is enough? If you want to put that in the fic then no problem, but keep it from being Author Tract or Author Fillibuster.

(Yeah, I hate Tabane too but let's use that as story material, a PROPER story material, show don't tell)

Back to topic, STILL on my question two post back
Old 2011-10-19, 19:26   Link #3554
Setsuna Asuka

Tabane: Deal with it.jpg

Also thread needs more kanzashi

That is all
Old 2011-10-19, 19:28   Link #3555
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

Well, I wouldn't say attacking for the academy "because she felt like it", but rather she wanted to acquire more data on the Akatsubaki and got what she wanted, as well as further develop Houki's strength, with the power up as a bonus.

Part of the objective was also to witness Chifuyu in action again, but she didn't go out as planned.

@falco: If you want me to beta it, then you'll have to wait until next week after my midterms.

@Zero: Would that really serve a purpose though, I mean...considering the fact that every nation has this, "It's either with us, or with the enemy." And if another pilot is attacking you with either an unfamiliar frame or a frame that belongs to another country, gut instincts would tell you it's the enemy.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 19:29   Link #3556
Eratas123

All the posts I do are gonna be on my fic so it's not completely character bashing. She has some good points like raising Kyuukai and her love for her sister but in Irish's point of view she's some kind of monster.
Old 2011-10-19, 19:30   Link #3557
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna Asuka View Post
The more reason we hate Tabane, guys. But please don't trigger more flames.

Quote:

That is all
Most of us just began our story, introduction of Kanzashi is still far away.

(Except me, who'll introduce Kanzashi earlier than Canon)
Old 2011-10-19, 19:31   Link #3558
DarkJak2050

Quote:
The more reason we hate Tabane, guys. But please don't trigger more flames.

Most of us just began our story, introduction of Kanzashi is still far away.

(Except me, who'll introduce Kanzashi earlier than Canon)
Way far away.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 19:33   Link #3559
Eratas123

I'm introducing Kanzahshi in daydreams after Laura 3 chapters till her daydream of Ichika
Old 2011-10-19, 19:33   Link #3560
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:

That is all
I'm stuck in the "Just Before Episode 1" pilot chapters, so long long away too.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest