AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 10 20.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 31.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 14.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-29, 02:06   Link #61
G147

Well i think its a common fact for Muv-Luv. We have Takeru and now we have Yuuya.
Old 2012-10-29, 03:23   Link #62
Bombo
TSF Fans

The girl service in the bar so funny ...She like to listen others so much hahahaha
Old 2012-10-29, 03:36   Link #63
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
The girl service in the bar so funny ...She like to listen others so much hahahaha
I thought it was part of her job .

You know, I always thought that bartenders are some kinda psychiatrist/shrink for the drunks (listening to their problems and all).
Old 2012-10-29, 03:51   Link #64
yankky5

I forgot to say this but yui hime certainly an angel she wont drink alchohol because she's still 17 how cute
Old 2012-10-29, 03:58   Link #65
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankky5 View Post
I forgot to say this but yui hime certainly an angel she wont drink alchohol because she's still 17 how cute
On the other hand, maybe she just don't like alcohol. Not everybody like booze, you know . Especially for women who're concern with their health and their babies' health.
Old 2012-10-29, 04:40   Link #66
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
On the other hand, maybe she just don't like alcohol. Not everybody like booze, you know . Especially for women who're concern with their health and their babies' health.
She'll definitely have a healthy baby.... it's not that she is pregnant....
Old 2012-10-29, 05:28   Link #67
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
She'll definitely have a healthy baby.... it's not that she is pregnant....
Well of course. What I said earlier is just examples.
Old 2012-10-29, 05:31   Link #68
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for Raptor
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
More like Rapetor amirite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Its fine even if he is dense. Yuuya knows his priorities. TSF > Girls
Obligatory;

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2012-10-29, 07:03   Link #69
Key Board
Carbon

Total Eclipse needs its own version of country wars

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-10-29, 08:15   Link #70
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I've finally caught up to this show. So when I watched the first episode, I was like... here was another anime that was into shock-and-awe factor through gore. Needless to say I'm not a big fan of explicit gore in anime to influence the dramatics because the affect quickly wears off. Blood C was hilarious for that very reason. After watching episode 17, however, I'm ready to temporarily reverse my standing on that matter. I think the show could use a Beta dropped in the middle of a bar and let it dine on a few people to bring back some of the excitement. As Yuuya's harem grows, so grows my amnesia about what the story was about. They are still at war with the Beta, right?

Fortunately for me, the posts by the fans have become more amusing as the show increasingly detach itself from the story.
Old 2012-10-29, 08:21   Link #71
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
As Yuuya's harem grows, so grows my amnesia about what the story was about. They are still at war with the Beta, right?
They are, yes, but Total Eclipse is about test pilots and testing TSFs in order to create a powerful yet cost efficient TSF.
Old 2012-10-29, 08:34   Link #72
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
They are still at war with the Beta, right? )
Agree with Aprah... but a little break from the "nom-nom" would never hurt... Too much action is boring... a little dash of romance is always a good ingredient in an action pack anime series...
Old 2012-10-29, 08:35   Link #73
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
They are, yes, but Total Eclipse is about test pilots and testing TSFs in order to create a powerful yet cost efficient TSF.
Are you kidding me? I guess you aren't. Now that I think about, it's possible to interpret in those lines. I completely missed out on that. I thought the show was about rising up above the fragility of humanity and come out victorious against the odds despite the heart wrenching cost. Well, at least the sacrifice of the Russian commander, Fikatsia Latrova, and her crew wasn't all in vein. Without her Yuya wouldn't be around to see his harem grow. I also like to think that some nights Yuuya would be a bit more depressed at the loss of such a milf who would have made great addition to the harem.
Old 2012-10-29, 08:42   Link #74
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
If you want "rising up above the fragility of humanity and come out victorious against the odds despite the heart wrenching cost" go play Muv-Luv Alternative.

It'll change you.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2012-10-29, 08:43   Link #75
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

and geo politics in MUV LUV alternative too ... very messed up like the bigwigs like to back stab each ...
Old 2012-10-29, 08:44   Link #76
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Are you kidding me? I guess you aren't. Now that I think about, it's possible to interpret in those lines. I completely missed out on that. I thought the show was about rising up above the fragility of humanity and come out victorious against the odds despite the heart wrenching cost.
Unfortunately, I'm not. =/

Actually, that last sentence describes what the last game in the main trilogy is about. You should give it a try (The main series is composed of 3 V/Ns: Muv Luv Extra, Muv Luv Unlimited, and Muv Luv Alternative). However, since this was your entry point to the series, it might be a little hard to get into and enjoy the first game in the trilogy, but if you do, you'll enjoy the finale of the trilogy so much more. So basically, what gryls said. :P
Old 2012-10-29, 08:52   Link #77
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Are you kidding me? I guess you aren't. Now that I think about, it's possible to interpret in those lines. I completely missed out on that. I thought the show was about rising up above the fragility of humanity and come out victorious against the odds despite the heart wrenching cost. Well, at least the sacrifice of the Russian commander, Fikatsia Latrova, and her crew wasn't all in vein. Without her Yuya wouldn't be around to see his harem grow. I also like to think that some nights Yuuya would be a bit more depressed at the loss of such a milf who would have made great addition to the harem.
To do an analogy, if basic Alternative is HBO's The Pscific, then Total Eclipse would be if someone made a movie about how Ed Thach and the Fleet Air Gunnery Unit devised dogfight tactics against the Japanese.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-10-29, 09:12   Link #78
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Gotcha. I will not raise another peep about the story while Total Eclipse commence. I'll solely focus on Yuuya and his harem. Speaking of which, I'm alarmed by the fact how quickly Yuuya dismissed the idea of a honeymoon with the chinese girl. Doesn't he know that a quality woman never neglects on her sleep the night before her honeymoon? She knows that Yuuya will be forced to do all the work if she isn't properly rested and a guy can only do so much when a girl is sleeping through it. What a thoughtful girl. Yuuya is one lucky dude.
Old 2012-10-29, 09:18   Link #79
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Ah, no, don't worry; I blame Yui's prologue for the genre confusion. Then again, she is fairly confused herself.

As for Yuuya... Well, you're seeing evidence of why people jokingly accuse him of being TSFsexual.

Also, something I meant to post above, but accidentally deleted: to further discuss on its story, Total Eclipse has something that needs to be taken into account. It was never originally intended to be a big deal - just a small scale story about test pilots and the mecha they were developing, to help promote a series of mecha toys. That's why the early arc kinds feels week, why the beach episodes came about (author needed to buy time to plan and expand the TE story and quickly whipped up the beach episodes), why Kamchatka and later arcs feel stronger. Thus TE is very much a sidestory to the actual war against BETA, but it doesn't mean their work in Project Prominence isn't as important. Another analogy is a film about the Spitfire development and improvement team contrasting The Battle of Britain.

TE has been compared to Macross Plus, and that's an apt description - this is not a big war story, but a more personal story set against the backdrop of war. We can see an underlying theme of identity and an uncertainty of self, something that Yuuya and Yui struggle with on a regular basis. That is - so far - one of the core themes of TE.

If I were to sum up the series as an Armor Piercing Question, Extra asks the question, "Who do I love?" Unlimited asks the question "How do I survive?" Alternative asks, "How do I overcome?"

Total Eclipse's question is more personal: "Who am I?"

Or, at least, this is the impression that I have. Though I admit that this is a gross oversimplification of the franchise.

Also, while I'm firmly in Yui's camp, I did feel sympathetic towards Yifei's disappointment, especially as she was unsuccessfully holding back tears.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2012-10-30 at 01:23. Reason: Edit for typo.
Old 2012-10-29, 09:35   Link #80
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

Also, while I'm firmly in Yui's camp, I did feel sympathetic towards Yifei's disappointment, especially as she was unsuccessfully holding backmtears.
I can see why Yui's disposition is so attractive though I still have no idea how she fell for him. It should be Yuuya all over Yui and not the other way around. I found it hilarious that she was walking around with grocery bag full of carrots. If I didn't know better, I would think someone is vitamin A deficient. She is cute!

I'm also reluctant to pose the, "Who am I?" question in regards to Yuuya, cause he might just answer back with, "I'm Yuuya, bitch, the TSFsexual."
Closed Thread