AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 12 23.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 25.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 13.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-01, 10:18   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Something's been bugging me- a minor gripe but have you guys noticed how many times Kodaka monologued "Little did I realized what this meant/what she said etc..." throughout this entire season, only to leave it hanging?
Old 2013-03-01, 10:39   Link #42
KLGChaos
The Shermain

In the words of LSP: Drama Bomb!

Sena was really harsh there... though she did say one thing that needed to be said-- Yozora has to stop lugging around the past. She's so fixated on what happened 10 years ago that she's unable to look to the future, which is keeping her from making friend. Sena definitely didn't handle it well, but she also wasn't aware of Yozora's feelings on the matter, as there's no way anyone could be with Yozora always bottling everything up.

Yozora wishing for Sena not to exist was pretty bad, imo. I felt bad for Yozora (for once), but saying something like that is just horrible.
Old 2013-03-01, 13:10   Link #43
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

From what I can see, I think what Sena did is exactly what a friend should do to another. Tell the truth.

Not to get into RL, but all our friends tell it how it is no matter what happens.

We won't like it most of the time, but it helps out in the end.

I don't see why there would be any hate for what Sena said to her when it made a lot of sense.

The person who was hurt the most was Sena. Not Yozora.

Without them knowing it, they're only a few steps from being not just friends, but best of friends.

Remember Yozora always said that calling another person by a nickname qualifies as being a friend. "Meat"
Old 2013-03-01, 14:13   Link #44
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Something's been bugging me- a minor gripe but have you guys noticed how many times Kodaka monologued "Little did I realized what this meant/what she said etc..." throughout this entire season, only to leave it hanging?
I guess it's all saved for the final episode or two, so that they can have a good finale, but yeah it's kind of annoyed me too a bit.
Old 2013-03-01, 15:59   Link #45
Maxtro

Wow, I don't like Yozora at all. What is the point in making her so unlikable?

If I could have my choice of the cast as a girlfriend it would be Rika first and then Sena. Rika just seems like the most fun. Her cosplay of Kobato was great. Sena seems to have a decent personality but I don't get her fascination with Kobato at all. Sena's body is also pretty rocking.
Old 2013-03-01, 16:07   Link #46
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Yozora wishing for Sena not to exist was pretty bad, imo. I felt bad for Yozora (for once), but saying something like that is just horrible.
Was it really though? There's no doubt that scene was meant to be sad and dramatic but I couldn't help but also think it was showing how Yozora's relationship with Sena appears more sisterly than one of friendship. Crap like that gets spouted often between siblings, and although it can make things awkward for a few days, things usually go back to normal. In this case it didn't even take that long and Sena showed a surprising degree of maturity and sense for someone who's supposed to be haughty and holds grudges all the time (though i guess that's more due to the story having to find a resolution quickly).

In any case I think this is by far the best episode of the series which is a pretty ironic for a Sena fan like me to come to a conclusion like that for a Yozora-centric episode. But it just goes to show what this story can really achieve when it actually gets its shit together.
Old 2013-03-01, 16:13   Link #47
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice choice in movie by Yozora. THough she was cute at the neko cafe. I did a double take when Rika was dressed up as Kobato. Yes Sena finally told off Yozora and made her run away! The harsh words don't stop from Yozora.
Old 2013-03-01, 16:24   Link #48
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Without them knowing it, they're only a few steps from being not just friends, but best of friends.
Not really. It looks very one-sided to me.

Whether it's with love or hate, Sena at least looks at Yozora properly. She's a rival, maybe an enemy, but she's, well, her own person.

But to Yozora, Sena's just an obstacle between her and Kodaka. She barely counts as a person at all.
Old 2013-03-01, 19:50   Link #49
Anime Online

I'm glad Sena told off Yozora after she persisted in abusing her position as the script writer for wish fulfillment. When Yozora's petty scheme was thwarted by democratic votes, she sought to get back at the rest by re-writing the script back to her selfish satisfaction. That was really too much, I thought she had more maturity than that.
Old 2013-03-01, 20:00   Link #50
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Trolls. God damn frigging trolls. The episode titles are merely just a shoutout to other novels, and doesn't necessarily have to do anything with the episode content. I mean the second half deals with a movie that's has a cast of childhood friends, but no fighting at all. And in the 'real world', we got lots of fighting but still only Yozora to be the childhood friend. So I guess in a way they fulfilled the episode title, but they have done it separately. :sigh:
To be fair, it's not that the producer just randomly pick Oreshura as the reference. It's the chapter title for the part with Kodaka & Yozora seeing the movie.

As far as the episode goes...
1. Yozora is losing badly anyway. It doesn't help that the one and only Yozora flag for awhile is cut so short...
2. Rika as Kobato FTW. Too bad Kodaka don't realized that Rika end is the way to go.
3. Oh well, the true end (Okay, it's just a joke) finally appear next episode. More harem for Kodaka.

P.S. Yozora is a tsundere...don't even know where people get the kuudere part from.
Old 2013-03-01, 20:07   Link #51
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
P.S. Yozora is a tsundere...don't even know where people get the kuudere part from.
I get Yandere vibes *coff* School *coff* days *coff* ending *coff* x_x
Old 2013-03-01, 22:08   Link #52
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
2. Rika as Kobato FTW. Too bad Kodaka don't realized that Kobato end is the way to go.
Fixed for correctness.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-03-02, 01:53   Link #53
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Parts of the series get conveyed in a more dramatic tone in the anime iteration, the yozora and sena confrontation certainly took a very serioour tone that wasnt broken wich made the next meet of the characters feel off, the pacing its also feeling more slugish from about 3 episode ago, but these past episodes certainly started the much needed change in dynamics in the group.
Old 2013-03-02, 02:10   Link #54
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Yozora should really change her style in trying to get Kodaka. Right now, she's really failing so hard that no amount of Kyon Facepalms is enough to depict my disappointment. Sena's wake-up call is completely understandable, by the way. Take note that the only thing she knows about the relationship between Taka and Sora was that it happened 10 years ago. Besides, Yozora needed to be TOLD anyway. She'll bring herself down into the deepest abyss of failure if she continues to do things her way.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-03-02, 04:13   Link #55
eiyuu99

Yozora clings too much on the past with Taka, while ignoring the present with Kodaka.
Old 2013-03-02, 08:21   Link #56
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
I get Yandere vibes *coff* School *coff* days *coff* ending *coff* x_x
considering what Sena did with the wig and her ceiling you could pretty much say she is as fit for Katsura as Yozora for Sekai.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-03-02, 10:14   Link #57
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

finally I watched the C'est si bon episode... xD

never expect Rika will cosplay as Kobato

and Sena snapped in anger.... omg...
so many new things happened in this episode... it's not about Sena got bullied by Yozora again or Rika got abandoned by Kodaka or Maria vs Kobato's ranter anymore

9/10
Old 2013-03-02, 11:38   Link #58
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Couldn't even finish watching this episode as Yozora was being simply too annoying.

Episode itself was kind of fun. Kodaka seems more like a father than an older brother to Kobato with all the "I'll take X away if you don't do Y", but it's kind of endearing since he's steering her in the right direction. And speaking of him, who here hasn't written that typo on their cellphone at least once? I know I have
Gotta give praise to Yozora for reading through him and sending a quick second message telling him not to invite anyone else hahah.

That movie... But the cat part that followed was absolutely adorable, but I can't help feeling sad about how Yozora sees relationships. Oh well.
Seeing everyone praise Yozora for her script (Sena included) was a nice touch, too bad her personality/jealously/clingyness/whatever got the best of her and she decided to ruin it.
As annoying as I find Sena to be, she can be nice when it's due, so it was a pretty low blow for Yozora to voice her thoughts saying that she wished Sena didn't exist.

I ended up alt+f4'ing when Yozora decided to throw a fit about the past when she ran into Kodaka outside the club. So damn annoying. Let go of the past already. It's been 10 years for christ sakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Whether it's with love or hate, Sena at least looks at Yozora properly. She's a rival, maybe an enemy, but she's, well, her own person.

But to Yozora, Sena's just an obstacle between her and Kodaka. She barely counts as a person at all.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 2013-03-02, 18:27   Link #59
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Sigh... once again everyone seems to have forgotten the beginning of this story and so are missing the point.

Yozora:

Yozora is the one who created the "Neighbor's Club" for her and Kodaka. She did so long before anyone else in this band of merry misfit misanthropists joined up. Obviously Yozora has some very serious issues. She has an "air friend" in high school for goodness sake. Something really bad happened to her, and her memory of "Taka" has become this talisman for her. A symbol of everything she has lost. Her "precious" that she has to protect. This has been implied for a long time, but is finally coming to the surface.

Yozora never intended this club to be a way to find and make new friends. It was always intended as a way for her to create a "safe place" to reconnect with Kodaka. A way to control and manage re-establishing a friendship that is so very precious to her, and still protect "Taka" and make sure that her beloved memory isn't damaged.

Yozora is scared. She's scared to make friends, but aches for friendship. It's the hedgehog dilemma from Evangelion. "Taka" is the one person she managed to make a connection with and so she is exerting and risking herself to try and reconnect with Kodaka in a way she'd never do for another person. She's been failing miserably, but that she tries at all is amazing considering her personality.

Sena:

Sena is the character that ruined all that. Sena suddenly appeared and forced her way into the Neighbor's Club, ruining everything that Yozora had planned. From Yozora's perspective Sena just waltzed in and selfishly turned the Neighbor Club into supporting what she wanted. That's what the "I wish you never existed" meant. It's not that Yozora really hates Sena that much, it's just that Sena's existence keeps ruining her plans to get closer to Kodaka.

Don't forget that Sena joined because she wanted to make friends with other girls, not because she was interested in Kodaka. Although Sena later came to be attracted to Kodaka in way she isn't to other boys, in a real sense Yozora is Sena's main target. Might I ask you again, whose picture does Sena have pasted to the ceiling above her bed?

The obvious way to read the subtext of their recent fight this episode is that Sena was upset about Yozora's highlighting of her childhood friendship with Kodaka because Yozora and Sena are rivals for Kodaka's affection. However it is just as easily read as Sena being upset because she wants to be closer to Yozora, and the childhood friendship with Kodaka is getting in the way.

Was Sena telling Yozora to let go of the past and let Kodaka choose Sena? Or was she telling Yozora to let go of the past and develop a new friendship with her instead of holding onto the past one with Kodaka? Which one is it? Perhaps it's both of them at the same time.

Sena is slowly getting Yozora to think of her as a friend, and I think that scared Yozora. It's usually assumed here that Yozora doesn't like Sena because she feels Sena is trying to entice Kodaka away from her. There is some of that, but there is also a sense that Yozora doesn't like Sena because she feels Sena is try to entice her away from Kodaka.

The whole relationship of Sena, Kodaka, and Yozora is one of the more messed up love triangles I've seen in some time.

The other most notable thing here is that Sena finally achieved what she's been saying she wanted for sometime. To be the one that makes Yozora cry and run away, vengeance for all the times Yozora has done that to her. Was Sena all that happy about it? Didn't look like it to me.

Kodaka is clearly playing dense. In fact all of them are. Yozora and Sena are both well aware that their club has essential become a group of friends. Yozora will not admit it because she feels making additional friends threatens what she has with Kodaka. Sena has actually admitted it, and then took it back, mainly because admitting it would give Yozora even more power over her.

Truthfully that why all of them, even Rika, is hesitant to call each other friends and continues with the masquerade that they are "practicing" for when they get friends. Who ever admits they are friends first, loses. Specifically they cede power to the other, will they return the friendship? Or will there be a rejection? Everyone in this club has been burned before by false friends. That why no one is willing to take the first step.

Oh, and of course:

c'est si bon!

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2013-03-02, 19:11   Link #60
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

And this is why Yozora sucks and is losing to Sena. Honestly, I thought Yozora was a lot more respectable before this episode. But it seems she showed her true colors this time.

I'm still all for the Kate route. Whose with me?
Closed Thread