AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-01-12, 10:28   Link #81
RDNexus

From the reviews I read (thanks to Toullaty's post), I think they have yet to tap into the truths of the whole story.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 12:35   Link #82
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I'd like to recommend Grimgal to a friend but I'm not sure how to describe the genre accurately. Would "survival slice of life fantasy" be accurate in any way?

Also, what is the truth of the main characters being in Grimgal? Is it an Angel Beats type scenario where they are all in some kind of fantasy-themed purgatory? Or were they all transported from our world for a greater purpose?
How everyone ended up in Grimgal and their purpose for being there still hasn't been revealed.
Old 2016-01-12, 12:38   Link #83
charasu
DigiDestinied

kinda like log hori but minus resurect thing and more dark :v
Old 2016-01-12, 13:13   Link #84
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by charasu View Post
and also minus the boring/annoying as f&%$ side characters
Old 2016-01-15, 08:37   Link #85
Breimn

I wonder if Yume will finally get her pet someday. Maybe during their travel they find some rare species. I hope for one that looks like the one visiting her dreams.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-15, 12:30   Link #86
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
He deserve a love
I ship him with Yume already after watched the first episide
Any romance progress for our rude dark knight?
There was a pic i saw of him crying on her lap...

Any other comments on this people?
Old 2016-01-15, 12:34   Link #87
H4cko

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
How everyone ended up in Grimgal and their purpose for being there still hasn't been revealed.
I don`t think this point is going to be much explored since it`s too much cliche (they're all dead ).
H4cko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-15, 15:15   Link #88
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by charasu View Post
more dark? What made it more dark? The only more dark here is that there are real deaths and the crap that the party went through but its a different type of dark story. So I won't compare at all.

There won't be continues insane suicide here like getting yourself eaten by a monster just to die and repeat it again, prostitution and slavery, irritating politics like log hora.

The setting is too different because of the setting where, there was actual death and they don't have past memories.

I read the summaries for the later volumes and I liked the romance sub plot for this series.
Old 2016-01-15, 15:30   Link #89
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
more dark? The only more dark here is that there are real deaths. There won't be continues insane suicide here, prostitution, slavery, irritating politics like log hora.

The setting is too different because of the setting where, there was actual death and they don't have past memories.
the suicides aren't dark if they respawn, and we have no guarantee that the dementia is permanent once they eventually get out.

prostitution... lol. you haven't seen the spoilers for this series have you?

slavery... again read up on spoilers

irritating politics vs unorganized tribal states on the losing end of a war for survival against genocidal monsters.... let me think.

log horizon wins in terms of world building and complications, but as far as darkness goes, it's light compared to this. this situation in ln is far more desperate.
Old 2016-01-15, 15:39   Link #90
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
the suicides aren't dark if they respawn, and we have no guarantee that the dementia is permanent once they eventually get out.

prostitution... lol. you haven't seen the spoilers for this series have you?

slavery... again read up on spoilers

irritating politics vs unorganized tribal states on the losing end of a war for survival against genocidal monsters.... let me think.

log horizon wins in terms of world building and complications, but as far as darkness goes, it's light compared to this. this situation in ln is far more desperate.
Is death the weighing scale of which is darker on a story?

I have read stories that living is worse and dying is escaping the cruel world so I can't take that as a measuring stick.

I read the spoilers provided for vol 3-6 but I read it most as that there will be an enemy and they need to beat. Especially if they aren't really that good, in terms of skill. When they loose their tank, they got really bad but after almost getting killed, they at least manage to form a decent team work, then the next part is the connection with new world and getting stuck there. I don't know if there are more to it because the spoiler isn't that detailed.

did I miss something that pertains about slavery and prostitution because I read the whole thread and I didn't notice it, but then again, I'm avoiding early spoilers.

but the death is real and that made a good drama and character build up. Especially the end of vol 3. It made the character more firm in his decisions to survive. But not dying is also a form of cruel punishment.

Haven't read the translated yet or tried vol 1 and 2 because of anime.
Old 2016-01-15, 15:52   Link #91
KnightShade

Quote:
Is death the weighing scale of which is darker on a story?

I have read stories that living is worse and dying is escaping the cruel world so I can't take that as a measuring stick.

I read the spoilers provided for vol 3-6 but I read it most as that there will be an enemy and they need to beat. Especially if they aren't really that good, in terms of skill. When they loose their tank, they got really bad but after almost getting killed, they at least manage to form a decent team work, then the next part is the connection with new world and getting stuck there. I don't know if there are more to it because the spoiler isn't that detailed.

did I miss something that pertains about slavery and prostitution because I read the whole thread and I didn't notice it, but then again, I'm avoiding early spoilers.

but the death is real and that made a good drama and character build up. Especially the end of vol 3. It made the character more firm in his decisions to survive. But not dying is also a form of cruel punishment.

Haven't read the translated yet or tried vol 1 and 2 because of anime.
yup you did, inquire what almost happened to mary
Spoiler for context:

you have a point that death isn't the only factor here, but what you have to consider is the living circumstances here in grimgal. these guys are poorly equipped, poorly trained, lacking in funds and are living day to day(sometimes even struggling to find food). and due to the complete lack of any player assisted mechanics like menus, and hp bars ect ect (most likely because this isn't a game), simply staying alive in this world is much harder. on top of that, they have no other worldly experience to rely on.

darkness relies on a sense of despair and urgency, which is hard to get when the characters have so much to rely on.
Old 2016-01-15, 21:00   Link #92
tsunade666

That is true, I agree with it when I saw the first episode. They almost got killed by a goblin and even in later volumes, they don't look that they are improving that much. They struggling to survive without prior knowledge and I imagine that would psyche one up, when one begins to question his past but it looks like that its not been tackled yet. On how they got there but there where plans in vol 5 but no real solutions.

In anime, when will they met Mary?
Old 2016-01-15, 21:07   Link #93
KnightShade

Quote:
That is true, I agree with it when I saw the first episode. They almost got killed by a goblin and even in later volumes, they don't look that they are improving that much. They struggling to survive without prior knowledge and I imagine that would psyche one up, when one begins to question his past but it looks like that its not been tackled yet. On how they got there but there where plans in vol 5 but no real solutions.

In anime, when will they met Mary?
its too early to tell, haven't got a feel for the pacing with the anime yet
Old 2016-01-16, 06:51   Link #94
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
yup you did, inquire what almost happened to mary
Spoiler for context:
I tried to reread the thread for this spoiler but I didn't find it. Maybe you've read it in the translation or other spoiler but I haven't manage to find it here and just like I said, I'm avoiding early spoilers and if this is her backstory was revealed when she were introduced, then its most likely that I haven't read it yet.

anyway, thanks for the info.
Old 2016-01-16, 11:52   Link #95
Breimn

Did you see link with summaries of all volumes? It is there.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-16, 12:07   Link #96
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Did you see link with summaries of all volumes? It is there.
I been through this tread front and back. I only seen summaries for vol2 and 3.
Old 2016-01-16, 12:37   Link #97
charasu
DigiDestinied

go check post no #79 -_-
Old 2016-01-16, 12:42   Link #98
RDNexus

It's in spoiler tags. Maybe that's why you passed through it.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-16, 16:31   Link #99
Daysun22

seems like the author has either completely dismissed Mary or is saving her up for later, because from what I got of those summaries, it seems she isn't important as a character but merely a love interest
Old 2016-01-19, 07:17   Link #100
LevelSeven

i am currently readin volume 1 after seeing the first episode of the anime,
now i have a question:

will the magic-related stuff explained? not the "transfer into another world" but the part with mages using magic-attacks
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amnesia, fantasy, harem, light novel