AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2006-05-05, 18:06   Link #61
Eleutheria
旅行癖

EDIT: never mind. I saved my game during a TIPS. That made me unable to continue...thank goodness for scenario jump.

Last edited by Eleutheria; 2006-05-05 at 18:34.
Eleutheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 19:18   Link #62
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Spoiler for About the Seven marts TIP:

Okay I'm well aware that this TIP is being presented from Keichi's POV after his death as he tries to figure out where Rena was during his trip at the Sevens mart. But what I'm confused about is what happened near the end of this tip, like what was going on after the "Somebody turn on the lights" remark? And lastly what was in front of Keichi that made him scream??
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 19:55   Link #63
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2

Okay I'm well aware that this TIP is being presented from Keichi's POV after his death as he tries to figure out where Rena was during his trip at the Sevens mart. But what I'm confused about is what happened near the end of this tip, like what was going on after the "Somebody turn on the lights" remark? And lastly what was in front of Keichi that made him scream??
It wouldn't be a mystery if it was told, now would it? It's never explained...but it makes sense if you figure it out (or see the larger scope of things after you see everything).
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 23:15   Link #64
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
out of curiosity, in the game, wut would be considered the best or creepiest arc....?
Crimen Scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 23:25   Link #65
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimen Scythe
out of curiosity, in the game, wut would be considered the best or creepiest arc....?
Hard to say. This is my opinion only, so it won't be as same as others:

Onikakushi-hen: Appetizer
Watanagashi-hen: !!!!!
Tatarigoroshi-hen: orz the most depressing  (´Д⊂ヽ
Himatsubushi-hen: ( ゚Д゚)ハァ?
Meakashi-hen: !!!!! (´Д⊂ヽ
Tsumihoroboshi-hen: !!!!! \(^o^)/ orz
Minagoroshi-hen: キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━!! (´Д⊂ヽ
Old 2006-05-07, 01:43   Link #66
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I wouldn't know, and most likely not. Hey, there was practically no interest in this game in the English speaking world. Perhaps Chinese ones exist. I wouldn't know. My best bet is to buy the game at cdjapan or what not, and do your best with a Japanese dictionary at hand.
About purchasing the game itself, which I have located on Paletmail (looking elsewhere too), just to confirm: "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" contains "Onikakushi", "Watanagashi", "Tatarigoroshi" and "Himatsubushi" (4 chapters) while "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai" contains "Meakashi", "Tsumihoroboshi" and "Minagoroshi" (3 chapters) right?

After hearing about the sound effects of the game (and their non-appearance in the anime) I'm thinking of getting it because I'm such a sucker for Japanese horror background sound. *shivers at memory of sounds in Juon, Fatal Frame etc*

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 02:30   Link #67
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
About purchasing the game itself, which I have located on Paletmail (looking elsewhere too), just to confirm: "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" contains "Onikakushi", "Watanagashi", "Tatarigoroshi" and "Himatsubushi" (4 chapters) while "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai" contains "Meakashi", "Tsumihoroboshi" and "Minagoroshi" (3 chapters) right?

After hearing about the sound effects of the game (and their non-appearance in the anime) I'm thinking of getting it because I'm such a sucker for Japanese horror background sound. *shivers at memory of sounds in Juon, Fatal Frame etc*
Exactly. And if you wait until Matsuribayashi-hen is released, you'll get all four of the answer arcs in that one disc. You can find which disc contains which here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...93&postcount=7
Old 2006-05-07, 03:28   Link #68
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimen Scythe
The answer to that varies a lot from people to people, for me:

Onikakushi-hen: It was great while it lasted. But compared to the other chapters, this was really nothing but an intro to the game.
Watanagashi-hen: Things really got interesting in the second half when the tension and pace picks up. The ending was *censored*
Tatarigoroshi-hen: My favorite chapter. But still, Satoko... ( つдT)
Himatsubushi-hen: ( ’・ω・) Rika-chama...
Meakashi-hen: Beginning: ( ´ー`) Aww | Middle: Σ((;゜ д ゜)) Hiii | Last: ( つдT) NOOOoOoooOO!
Tsumihoroboshi-hen: Beginning: ( ’・ω・) Rena... | Middle: ( ゜ー゜) Hoho | Last: ( >ヮ<) GOGOGO-----! | After Ending: _____ (spoiler)
Minagoroshi-hen: Beginning: (;´ д `) Everything's so... great, yet, so sad | Middle: ( つдT) For the love of god, no... | Last: ( 〇д〇)... | Ending: *censored*

That was confusing.

Quote:
That's right, if you looked at kj's list, you'll notice that everytime a new chapter came out, the new disk contained that chapter PLUS all the previous chapters (except the fact that the "answer" chapter disks don't contain the "question" chapters).

In other words, all you need to buy is the Himatsubushi-hen disk (since it was the 4th chapter, it contained the first 4 chapters. In other words, the entire "question" arc), and the Minagoroshi-hen disk (it's the latest "answer" disk, containing itself + all previous "answer" chapters (Meakashi, Tsumihoroboshi))

In simpler terms, the two disks here: http://07th-expansion.net/Soft/Higurasi.htm

Why carry over the chapters onto newer disks?
1) New player friendly: Rather than having to search for and buy every released chapter on seperate disks (1000 yen/ea), newcomers would only have to spend less than 3000 yen for two disks: one containing all the "question" chapters, one containing all the "answer" chapters (so far).
2) Collectors value for the older chapter disks. ^^;

Quote:
I think the musics and the sounds are what made Higurashi for me. Especially when we get into the answer chapters starting with Meakashi, musics like dai-san's wonderful piano arrangements ("Iru", as short as it is, still remains my favorite piano track EVER) or the "thinking" musics by Propan Mode were probably just as vital for me in the game as the story itself.

Knowing that the anime probably won't have them is kinda disappointing, but I'm not going to hold it against Deen, they're probably doing their best.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-05-07 at 04:09.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 02:20   Link #69
Meowshi

Thanks Sushi, that answers a friggin lot. So the anime plays off of the sound novel?

One question about the game though-
Spoiler:
Meowshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 02:22   Link #70
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowshi
Thanks Sushi, that answers a friggin lot. So the anime plays off of the sound novel?

One question about the game though-
Spoiler:
Please read the post above you again and again until it clicks in your mind that THERE ARE NO CHOICES TO PICK IN THE GAME

You are going to end up exactly as it was shown in the anime. Why? Because you CAN'T choose anything. It's just like reading a novel. It's like watching a Monty Python sketch! There's no choices! There's no selections! This question is no more! It has ceased to be! He's expired and gone to meet his maker!

It's not like one of the shitty Batman mystery books that my English teacher used at NOVA! Batman tries to escape through the roof. Turn to page 89. He dies. Shit! Okay, I'll go back and choose Batman tries to escape by kicking the door. Turn to page 125. He lives! Hooray! No, it's not like that. It's just read, read, read, with excellent BGM and er...unique pictures to bring out the chill and suspense.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-05-09 at 02:32.
Old 2006-05-09, 02:29   Link #71
Meowshi

I thought he meant that there were no choices in the sound novel? O.o

There was a link earlier in the "Game Thread" in which Chapter one was free, so I dove in and downloaded it (Like I do with all links)

After a bunch of mindless clicking, I reached a point in which I could pick options

What were these then? Gimmicks? Explain please

---
Reading again, I guess the "game" = the sound novel?
Old 2006-05-09, 02:40   Link #72
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowshi
I thought he meant that there were no choices in the sound novel? O.o

There was a link earlier in the "Game Thread" in which Chapter one was free, so I dove in and downloaded it (Like I do with all links)

After a bunch of mindless clicking, I reached a point in which I could pick options

What were these then? Gimmicks? Explain please

---
Reading again, I guess the "game" = the sound novel?
That's a point where you reached an intermission. You have the option to (from top to bottom):

1. Read unread TIPS
2. Show all TIPS collected so far
3. SAVE/LOAD
4. Continue on

Choosing a TIPS isn't like choosing a selection that alters the story in anyway. The TIPS are exactly as written on the sticky on this thread.
Old 2006-05-09, 02:42   Link #73
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
The only options that were in the game that would show up during the game after "mindless" clicking would be the "eyecatch"(As I like to call it...). Where the game gives you a chance to read the tips for that section of the game, check all the tips you've gotten so far, Save & Load, advance the story. I've never seen any options during the story part of the game.

Did the options you've seen happen to look and go like this:

未読TIPSを読む 
TIPS一覧を表示
SAVE・LOAD
進む
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment

Last edited by DingoEnderZOE2; 2006-05-09 at 02:44. Reason: Ah I expected nothing less from Kj1980, he beat me to it...^_^
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 02:44   Link #74
Meowshi

Geez, that looks so obvious though- I wasn't really paying attention, too fed up about me not being able to understand Japanese, and me wanting to pick random choices (That weren't really choices)

Thanks for the help ^^;;

Sorry...
Old 2006-05-23, 10:19   Link #75
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Read through to the last TIPS of Onikakushi-hen.

Having watched the anime beforehand,

Spoiler:

EDIT: Finally finished onikakushi-hen. It's a bloody tragedy, that's all I can say. A bloody tragedy. On to Watanagashi-hen!

Last edited by Eleutheria; 2006-05-23 at 21:15.
Eleutheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 13:24   Link #76
cat1313

Hello, I just wanted to ask if there is another way to get the first chapter of the game. Because if I try the link you posted, I reach a page that's "forbidden".
I'd really like to try the game first before I buy it (especially since I don't know if my Japanese is good enough to enjoy it...).

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, then I read over it, but I tried to read all posts and avoid the spoilers at the same time

Thanks for any help!
cat1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 16:06   Link #77
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Just found a game called Higurashi...although it's still in progess...A fighting doujin, a great game indeed!
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 18:52   Link #78
I<3killerloli's

Is there any chance of somebody making an English Hack/Patch of the game and releasing it on the net for Enlgish speaking fans? I'd love to play the game, the show is the most intriguing anime I've seen in a while.
I<3killerloli's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 19:42   Link #79
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3killerloli's
Is there any chance of somebody making an English Hack/Patch of the game and releasing it on the net for Enlgish speaking fans? I'd love to play the game, the show is the most intriguing anime I've seen in a while.
Probably not as there were no interest in this game in the English speaking world. If you love the anime and want to play the game, please buy the game out of respect of the creator. It's only around 1500 yen for the Onikakushi~Himatsubushi disc, and 1000 for Meakashi~Minagoroshi disc. That would be the simplest and the fastest way for you to play the game. Obviously you'll need a Japanese dictionary at your hands if you can't read it.

By the way, didn't I mention to myself quite a while ago how questions like these seem to pop up everytime an anime based on a game comes along? It's getting tiring. I'm adding this rule to this Q&A so no one asks these rhetorical questions over and over again.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-05-29 at 20:03.
Old 2006-05-29, 19:55   Link #80
ayyo

Quote:
Highly unlikely, this is the sum of a few years worth of fan translations on text games.

If it helps, I've started a self project to summarize anything the anime cuts out of the game, moving slowly but surely. Still I can't expect to finish any earlier than a year (way pass when the anime is over ><)
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote