AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2006-08-07, 13:24   Link #401
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzer
hes not trying to travel through time
maybe one of Louise's explosions will send him on his way

Im guessing in the end Louise will be with Saito but he will need to return to his world so:
Louise and Saito split-probably
Louise and Saito in his world-maybe
Louise and Saito in her world-probably not
Actually, I am not sure that's the theme at all.

If it was the case, Saito should develop home sickness by now. As it is, he doesn't seem to care about leaving behind family and friends...

One of the themes of the novel is that the magic-based society is inherently imbalanced. Far too much of one's choice in life is determined by one's birth. It doesn't matter how much hardwork and determination you put in, a commoner can still not use magic and thus "handicapped" as an inferior.
From the novel:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-07, 14:18   Link #402
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoza
Isn't vol. 2 of the novel mainly about the love potion something something? :P. I so want to see it animated but I doubt they'd do it :/
No, the love potion is in vol.4.

Vol.2 was mainly about:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Spoiler:
For what it's worth, Wales did appear in the OP behind Henrietta, so vol.2 *should* be covered.

But from what I know, Ep.7 is going to be about the part-time job at the "Alluring Fairy" inn, Ep.8 is going to be about Tabitha, and only after Ep.9 does the story seem to return to the main plot.

But if you ask me, it's a little if they're going to try squeezing vol.2 and 3 in 4 episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
From the novel:
Spoiler:
That character is already in the cast, as a perfectly minor subcharacter.

If possible, I hope the anime can do some coverage on him near the end. vol.6 stuff is probably impossible, but I don't want the anime to end without people knowing just how great of a character he actually is.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 14:27   Link #403
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Spoiler for Episode 7 costume:
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 14:40   Link #404
Kawool
地獄女

Send a message via MSN to Kawool
Ep 6
Spoiler:

Just cant wait to start novels TT
Kawool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 14:42   Link #405
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
That character is already in the cast, as a perfectly minor subcharacter.
Minor character, hmmm? Who has the smallest part... ah!
Wow, didn't realize Motsognir was that ambitious
It must be the the power of p0rn. j/k j/k

Spoiler for just speculation:
LostBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 14:48   Link #406
Kawool
地獄女

Send a message via MSN to Kawool
Blue your speculations are interesting but well i doubt it will happen...
*whips blue for his ecchi jokes XD *
Kawool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 14:53   Link #407
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
But from what I know, Ep.7 is going to be about the part-time job at the "Alluring Fairy" inn, Ep.8 is going to be about Tabitha, and only after Ep.9 does the story seem to return to the main plot.

But if you ask me, it's a little if they're going to try squeezing vol.2 and 3 in 4 episodes.

Man, they easily have enough material to fill out 24 episodes without fillers or side-tracking to the events after volume 3. I gues they are going to cherry pick the stories they want to tell, then just abandon the franchise, in the process ruining any chance of a second season. ( I guess this is the anime equivalent of strip-mining )

I suppose its understandable in the context of limited budgets and whatnot. They want to make money off it fast and then cut their losses. I guess thats a symptom of how copyright works.

I still have some high hopes for the last episodes, for things that work better animated than in print:
Spoiler:

On a brighter note, I now have volumes 6-8, so I'll have some fun reading ahead.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 15:10   Link #408
uruchai
"You'll be blessed!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
I guess the effect is emphasized by the fact that Kyo-Ani just released the same set of work (ie: story originating from novel) and basically delivered the novel in animated form. I'm not asking for big-budget animation, just less "directorial creativity". I know that we'll never get a word-for-word translation when we animate (even Haruhi didn't manage that), but at least avoid key inconsistencies (which are present, from what I've read around).
KyoAni spoiled us with their great, consistent and detailed animation... I mean, if you're like me, I wish KyoAni's the one handling ZnT... (or all anime for that matter )

though I'm mostly satisfied with what's being offered right now.

however, reading through various spoiler tags about the novel, I'm quite disappointed that those wonderful events novel-readers keep mentioning will probably not included in the 13 ep. so, I think for now, to truly enjoy the show, I will refrain myself from reading such... sigh, too bad there's not much interest in translating the novels.

this is one of those instances where I tend to wish I was born Japanese or that I am multilingual.
uruchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 15:15   Link #409
LCeh

Quote:

WTF, are you serious? How does that even make sense? 4 episodes will not make for a great plot. I hope the directors know what they are doing...
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 15:19   Link #410
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh
WTF, are you serious? How does that even make sense? 4 episodes will not make for a great plot. I hope the directors know what they are doing...
The presence of ep 4 alone make it doubtful.

Don't get me wrong, ep 4 is ok... in a 26 ep series, not in a 13 ep one.
Old 2006-08-07, 15:30   Link #411
Pakxenon
popcorn

*bows to Sushi-Y-sama*

I read all the summaries at that Aquastar board. Waiting patiently for more!

Ep6 was a redemption episode. Hopefully the second half will be better.
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 18:27   Link #412
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon
*bows to Sushi-Y-sama*

I read all the summaries at that Aquastar board. Waiting patiently for more!

Ep6 was a redemption episode. Hopefully the second half will be better.
Could you please give me a link for those summaries please?
Thanks
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 18:31   Link #413
Eclipze

Quote:
Well, to begin with, novel readers have pointed out that the first 3 volumes (which the anime should cover) are less of what you call 'plot heavy' in content, and more like the magical girl/school comedy that has been shown so far...

And considering that even if the animators faithfully followed the novel, 13 episodes still isnt enough to animate the more plot-intensive volumes (which is from volume 4 onwards...). Either way, it will still end up as a comedy series instead.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 20:06   Link #414
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Well, to begin with, novel readers have pointed out that the first 3 volumes (which the anime should cover) are less of what you call 'plot heavy' in content, and more like the magical girl/school comedy that has been shown so far...

Volume's 2-3 spend more time away from the school than in it.
I would say they are plenty plot heavy.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 20:16   Link #415
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
first they need to build a stargate and contact SG-Centre :P
Holy crap, I find this notion hilarious!

Judging from Sushi-Y's summaries, the real gansta (having no other word to describe it) shiz happens in even later volumes.
Though I think (big "I think", I'm not going to browse back) it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that each volume could work out as it's own self-contained ending to the series.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 20:19   Link #416
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
Could you please give me a link for those summaries please?
Thanks
Here

But I'm so really tempted to buy those novels and spend 8 months just reading them...
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 20:37   Link #417
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uruchai
sigh, too bad there's not much interest in translating the novels.
More like the opposite. ^^; There's way too much interest out there, and I'm trying to get everyone to work together right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
And considering that even if the animators faithfully followed the novel, 13 episodes still isnt enough to animate the more plot-intensive volumes (which is from volume 4 onwards...). Either way, it will still end up as a comedy series instead.
The anime was never meant to replace the novel in the first place, and it IS advertised as a love comedy, so that's the direction they'll try to go. With only 1 cours to work with, I think JC Staff is doing their best to portray a coherent, complete story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Volume's 2-3 spend more time away from the school than in it.
I would say they are plenty plot heavy.
I would say all the volumes except 5 are plot heavy. Vol.1-3 tend to get grouped together because they make up 1 big arc. But everything in those 3 volumes accumulated to cause the main event in vol.4, which in turn is the cause for everything in vol.6-8.

Compared to the earlier volumes though, vol.6-8's plot is far darker and heavier. If you prefer more serious drama (like I do), these won't disappoint you.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 20:41   Link #418
LCeh

Well, I hope the anime won't end up just as a "love comedy". Yes, the comedy is great, but I would also hope that they will add other elements into it as well, and from what you guys said, that's exactly what the novels did, so I wonder why the animators decided to change it in the first place.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 20:50   Link #419
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
...so I wonder why the animators decided to change it in the first place.
Might have been the 13 episode compression restriction they were under (budget, creative control, dumbing it down for a less bright anime audience, etc..). Also, this isn't the first time the "animators" have changed things around in situations like this. It's a drag, I agree.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 20:55   Link #420
uruchai
"You'll be blessed!"

Quote:
More like the opposite. ^^; There's way too much interest out there, and I'm trying to get everyone to work together right now.
oh, then I guess that's a good news. but I was thinking on a larger scale - wherein a huge (north american/european) English translation release and one could actually hold the novel and read it.

but... if you kind-hearted people are really willing to do the translating/posting in the web, then the best I can do is say thank you in advance.
uruchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, tsundere