AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-12, 11:21   Link #101
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Quick OST question:
in S5 Ep 1 (Ep 202), while shinpachi is talking with his sister, what's the title of the guitar-filled track used? :O
"Take care buddy", from the third OST.
Old 2011-04-12, 19:42   Link #102
Leo Keichi

This series is pure fun, definitely picking it up. I wish I gave it a try much sooner than this. I just hope now I don't become totally lost in the story.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 21:11   Link #103
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
What story ?

There is hardly any ongoing story, only arcs where Yorozua get into weird jobs/situations or they're saving the world. But even so, definitely do watch from the beginning so you'll see all the introductions to new characters and will get the gags etc. that may refer to previous episodes. ... And seriously, there's some pure gold material in the earlier episodes that you have to see. ( My favourite being the one where they play DQ on Wii )

All the episodes are up at Crunchyroll so that's a good place to start from, unless you'll just torrent it all.
Old 2011-04-12, 21:16   Link #104
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
This series is pure fun, definitely picking it up. I wish I gave it a try much sooner than this. I just hope now I don't become totally lost in the story.
Gintama is probably the only series ever you could not watch the first 200 epis and be ok not saying you should of course, Dist is right there is some gold from the first season but don't worry about getting lost, that's the fun of this series, we're all lost
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 23:23   Link #105
blewin

yep, the baby part is gold! (though I lost it halfway through the baby part.. but some pure randomness is fun)

I guess I should have seen it coming, that Gin-san is the only one not infected. This guy has NO ambition at all.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 02:33   Link #106
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Gintama is probably the only series ever you could not watch the first 200 epis and be ok
I'd hardly say you would be "ok". There's character development and introductions that people would have missed, and would feel totally lost regarding the relationship between the characters. Second season can still be viewed and enjoyed, though i'd still recommend watching the first season.
Old 2011-04-13, 04:54   Link #107
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't think you can fully enjoy the comedy if you're not familiar with the characters' personalities and their various gimmicks. You may still find the series funny, but not as much as we do.

As for the story... there will at least be one episode this season (maybe more) where you'll be totally lost. Gintama does have an on-going plot, it just shows up very rarely.
Old 2011-04-13, 09:13   Link #108
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Well i think at least you need to watch until Kyuubey's Arc...

If not, you won't understand why there is a MayoDon, why Kondo == gorilla and be obsessed with Otae, or why Zura is so much win...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 11:25   Link #109
revive4563

Well, I like Gintama but actually Gintama's gags are too maniac and most of them are parody.
So Gintama is not for everyone, in fact. Especially, even if you are real anime fan, also there are a lot of parody of Japanese raw culture in Gintama. therefore there are a lot of lost translation too. because they can't explain all of them. So, I feel something incomplete in Gintama.
But...After all, maybe this is something like junk food.

It's yummy, that's all.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 11:28   Link #110
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'd hardly say you would be "ok". There's character development and introductions that people would have missed, and would feel totally lost regarding the relationship between the characters. Second season can still be viewed and enjoyed, though i'd still recommend watching the first season.
Thats why I said ok and not excellent :P Yes youd miss that but as Kagura said the audience is paying that much attention What I mean is someone who may not have the time to watch 200 epis wouldnt have to worry about storyline so much if they picked it up now as compared to Naruto or Bleach, like Kanon said the plot shows up very rarely. I'd still recommend people watch s1 of course.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 13:41   Link #111
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'd say you should watch all of it, even though they are scarce the drama arcs are always bleeding epicness and usually connect to the previous ones in some way. As for the gags, you can catch up fast even if you don't know the characters, but it's definitely funnier when they repeat a gag from many episodes ago (like the glasses thing...).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 15:14   Link #112
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't think you can fully enjoy the comedy if you're not familiar with the characters' personalities and their various gimmicks. You may still find the series funny, but not as much as we do.
This. It's why i just wouldn't recommend watching the second season without having seen at least half of the first series. Story elements you could read up on, though yet again i'd never tell anyone to do that.
Old 2011-04-14, 01:06   Link #113
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
wouldnt have to worry about storyline so much if they picked it up now as compared to Naruto or Bleach.
Bleach? Not the best example...Gintama probably has more plot than Bleach
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 02:48   Link #114
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
So the warts were what their ambitions were or personifications of that their ambition want to become?

Kondo's was obvious, wanting to be with Otae-san lol.

Zura's one was completely random

Kyuubei's was more or less predictable

Kugura just want to grow up lol

Tosshi and Shinpachi are kind of hard to determine and

Ogata wanting to rule the world isn't too farfetched either.

Seeing their ambitions was interesting none the less, an also an awesome episode, can't wait till next week.
You forgot Madao he wants to be a star/singer to make moneys
And Sadaharu , wants to be human/helpful ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 03:13   Link #115
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wasn't sure in which to post this. I guess I'll leave it here.

For those unaware, there was a Gintama x Sket Dance crossover in last week's jump. Hopefully, we'll see it animated someday.
Old 2011-04-14, 03:14   Link #116
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Bossun looks so... strange.

Also i say you should post it in both threads.
Old 2011-04-17, 09:50   Link #117
Leo Keichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I'd say you should watch all of it, even though they are scarce the drama arcs are always bleeding epicness and usually connect to the previous ones in some way.
Well, I won't really have the time to watch 200 episodes, not without dropping all the other series I'm planning to watch.
I'll watch the first 24, and that'll have to do.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 10:22   Link #118
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Well, I won't really have the time to watch 200 episodes, not without dropping all the other series I'm planning to watch.
Or maybe you can pick out the crucial arcs to watch? Cause the first 24 episodes really doesn't include much, if I remember correctly. You should probably see the Benizakura arc, Kyuubei arc and the Shinsengumi arc... What else? I need help with episode numbers.
Old 2011-04-17, 11:21   Link #119
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Very bad idea, considering the first 24 episodes are arguably the worst of the series. You could try to read the manga if you don't have time. That'd be a lot faster.
Old 2011-04-17, 11:40   Link #120
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You could try to read the manga if you don't have time. That'd be a lot faster.
Some of the later chapters can easily take upto 15/20 minutes to read, so i'm not sure if that's a better idea.

Tags
comedy, shounen