AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2018-03-21, 22:49   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I’m slightly concerned with the lack of Hawkeye and Ant-man in the trailers though. They’re supposed to be in the movie too.

And looks like Thor won’t keep the eyepatch for long. I saw in my local Kohl’s today their new Infinity Wars displays, and he gets his eye back with just a scar remaining. And yes it was official art, the display had Cap’s and Widow’s new looks too.
I'd personally be ok with that (not keeping the eyepatch), but that's just my gut feeling on how it looks.

I wonder with Ant-Man if they just don't want to show him off that much for some reason. Since it seems his movie coming up will take place before Infinity War they might not want to reveal what his status is going to be at the end of his movie until they have to.

Depending on how they set things up for Avengers 4 maybe they are saving Hawkeye, Ant-Man, and Wasp more for that one? All three could have gone into hiding after Civil War and may not be easily contacted and rallied to the fight on a moment's notice.
Old 2018-04-25, 02:45   Link #42
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Just got back from the movie. The rainstorm I suffered during my bike home felt really appropriate.
Old 2018-04-25, 05:23   Link #43
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

In the final 15 minutes of the film the entire damn theater was silent. You could hear a pin drop. I could hear my heartbeat. Everyone's anal sphincters simultaneously clenched and dilated. No one could move from their seats. After a while I think a guy was crying. Then another. Then some girl started sniffling.

And then I cried.

When the credits rolled no one moved a muscle for like 15 whole seconds. Everyone was trying to process everything. Absolute stunned emotions. Everyone jus fucking stared as the credits moves to the top of screen.

Holy
Fucking
Shit

We get a movie like this like once a decade.

Bravo Marvel. Bravo......
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 05:35   Link #44
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Film released early in Australia due to a public holiday today. It was a phenomenal film.
  • Great performances by the entire cast.
  • Amazing chemistry between all of the characters.
  • Comedy gold moments that you never thought you wanted to hear.
  • Spectacular action pieces.
  • Thanos' henchmen were fair villians.
  • Thanos himself definitely more imposing than Ultron was and surprisingly not a one-dimensional villian.
  • There were many jaw-dropping and audience-cheering moments and at least one "Holy shit, I did not see this coming" moment (even if it turned out to be fairly inconsequential).
  • There was just one scene in the whole movie which stuck out like sore thumb with very noticeable bad vfx/cgi. You will instantly know what it is and wonder how the massive vfx staff list missed that one thing in the movie.

This movie was hella dark; easily the darkest in all of the MCU. And I'm tempted to watch it a second time.
Old 2018-04-25, 07:07   Link #45
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I just got home and I have to say I have never, ever, ever, expected a sense of emotional weight and exhaustion from a superhero movie. It's so... difficult to process.

A superhero movie. Difficult to process. Those are two phrases I never thought I'd ever associate together.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 11:35   Link #46
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Its freaking awesome!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I just got home and I have to say I have never, ever, ever, expected a sense of emotional weight and exhaustion from a superhero movie. It's so... difficult to process.

A superhero movie. Difficult to process. Those are two phrases I never thought I'd ever associate together.
Completely agree...
Old 2018-04-26, 06:10   Link #47
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Bad ending~

What is this, DC universe? lol~

Justice League should've been like this

Infinity War 9000x better than Justice League though
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 08:25   Link #48
Marina2

Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2018-04-26, 08:32   Link #49
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Aftercredit even stated : Thanos will return

lol~

Btw, what was that logo sent from Nick Fury's pager means?
Old 2018-04-26, 08:36   Link #50
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Aftercredit even stated : Thanos will return

lol~

Btw, what was that logo sent from Nick Fury's pager means?
Spoiler for Logo meaning:
Old 2018-04-26, 08:40   Link #51
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Ah, right~

Will this marvel female superhero be more popular than wonder woman?~
Old 2018-04-26, 12:06   Link #52
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

I'm sure it will...
Old 2018-04-26, 12:18   Link #53
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The ending is ballsy.....if AIW truly is the end of the MCU. But we all know that it’s not since Avengers 4 is just around the corner. Hence, it’s hard to give compliments to AIW for all the gutsy turn of events in this movie. We all know that Avy4 will come and rectify most of the mess that Thanos caused especially now that we have the power of Time Stone and the likes. Most of the deaths don’t really impact me whatsoever emotionally anyway. This is not Marvel taking risks, this is Marvel still taking a generally safe route. I still like the ending though, even though it’s only temporary.

But the one thing I can confidently complement the movie for is the various action. They’re done really well. The Iron-Spider is used well and Iron-Man’s nanotech is neat too (it's almost like his suit has Green Lantern's power which can come up with things).

Still, the power levels in this MCU is still out of whack like always. I mean, if Bucky’s rifle can work on the four-armed alien soldiers, why are the Wakandans footsoldiers even have to fight melee with vibranium spears and swords? Just bring a boatload of machine guns, grenade launchers and missiles and you’ll have a more efficient fight against the alien-soldiers.

In fact, I just remembered something: Wakanda has dozens of (if not more) aircrafts with heavy-duty energy weapons like the one piloted by Martin Freeman in Black Panther. Where the hell are those things in this movie? They only used War Machine and The Falcon as their air cover during the big battle. What kind of stupidity is this?

There I go again, using simple logic on these Marvel movies. My bad. I should not use my brain.

Oh btw, Starlord screwed up. Big time. He’s the freakin’ idiot in this movie.

Also, Thanos in this movie is actually not very impressive if we took the infinity stones outta him. I reckon he could've died twenty times over in this movie battling the heroes if not for the stones in his gauntlet.
Old 2018-04-26, 12:33   Link #54
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^
1. Wakanda doesn't use guns, it's primitive (to them). They did use that sonic spear before engaging in melee.
2. The aircrafts were used. You can see them in the backgrounds in a few scenes. But none in focus.
3. Starlord did kill half of the marvel universe lol~
4. Thanos only somewhat stronger than Hulk without the stones yeah

Still multiple times better than Justice League the crap
Old 2018-04-26, 12:41   Link #55
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^
1. Wakanda doesn't use guns, it's primitive (to them). They did use that sonic spear before engaging in melee.
2. The aircrafts were used. You can see them in the backgrounds in a few scenes. But none in focus.
  1. Sucks for them. The current US military could've put up a better fight against the Goro-aliens. And Wakanda is supposed to be the far more advanced civilization. Heh, such stupid concept.
  2. This movie truly does not respect actual war machines which can actually do more damage than the heroes .
Old 2018-04-26, 12:56   Link #56
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Yup, US Military would fare better.
Wakanda is also all about honor. Killing by simply pulling a trigger is dishonorable.
Though if they truly put their all into making weaponries, they would easily be superior to any country.
Just imagine the heart-shaped herbs mass produced + hundreds of Black Panther suits.
Send a squad to each capital and the world would fell to Wakanda.
And don't forget about that nation-wide shield that can even defend against a meteor.

Btw, that moon shattering and pulling scene was epic.
Old 2018-04-27, 00:39   Link #57
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

I really Love Loki's scene... in the end, he is really Thor's brother...
Old 2018-04-27, 09:05   Link #58
wuhugm
Confused Shark

This wouldn't be as successful if DC had kept Snyder's dark tone all the way

People would just be like, "Oh, Justice League just did this kind of thing"

But no, DC just had to chickened out and turn it into happy stressfee movie
Old 2018-04-27, 16:41   Link #59
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

[QUOTE=Obelisk ze Tormentor;6229655]
Spoiler for Infinity War:

First, it was probably best to have put this in a spoiler box, as after reading about this yesterday really made me reluctant to watch the film today (please let Solo have a decent ending as
Spoiler:

Anyways, I do agree with the issues with the ending, as it feels like Marvel Studios actually thinks that some viewers are dumb enough to think that:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for Infinity War:
Spoiler:
Old 2018-04-27, 16:56   Link #60
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Rewatching the jolliness and comedy that was Thor Ragnarok a couple days before was a big mistake.

Spoiler:
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel cinematic universe