AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-22, 08:46   Link #3761
Julianlivre
Almighty

Send a message via MSN to Julianlivre
Pre Ulduar content was a fucking joke, the hardmodes are kinda fun and a little challenging worth trying atleast. Kinda reminds me of BT/Sunwell/MH pre-nerf wotlk patch...
Old 2009-07-22, 16:14   Link #3762
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianlivre View Post
Pre Ulduar content was a fucking joke, the hardmodes are kinda fun and a little challenging worth trying atleast. Kinda reminds me of BT/Sunwell/MH pre-nerf wotlk patch...
Naxx/EoE/OS is entry raid for Woltk. Just like Kara, Gruul and Magtheridon, they are supposed to be easy.

Despite how easy it is, there's surprisingly a lot of pugs that couldn't finish Naxx still in one run.
Old 2009-07-22, 16:37   Link #3763
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Tongue View Post
Have a 80 rogue on Ner'zhul horde side if anyone wants to hang, PM for char name.
I used to play on Ner'zhul horde. If you ever happened to see the deathknight in Orgrimmar that was always killing or being punched by the Cenarion Emissary, that was me.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 02:11   Link #3764
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Naxx/EoE/OS is entry raid for Woltk. Just like Kara, Gruul and Magtheridon, they are supposed to be easy.

Despite how easy it is, there's surprisingly a lot of pugs that couldn't finish Naxx still in one run.
Well to be fair, those running Ulduar would have no reason to enter Naxx, so those in Naxx are either fresh 80s, or weren't able to get into an Ulduar guild for whatever reason.

Ulduar normal-modes aren't hard either, but I do think they're fun.
Old 2009-07-26, 07:31   Link #3765
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Strange. On Blackrock, people do Naxx GDKPs on up to five of their 80s per week. And they are run by Ulduar geared people.
Old 2009-07-26, 08:36   Link #3766
Teshiro
What the deuce?!
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Teshiro
Is there "any" chance that someone plays on Drak'Thul? (I don't think so personally, so Im just asking)
Old 2009-07-27, 23:42   Link #3767
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
Well to be fair, those running Ulduar would have no reason to enter Naxx, so those in Naxx are either fresh 80s, or weren't able to get into an Ulduar guild for whatever reason.

Ulduar normal-modes aren't hard either, but I do think they're fun.
so true, i think yogg and algalon are the kinda hard but then again we don't always have 24 competent people.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 09:55   Link #3768
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
so true, i think yogg and algalon are the kinda hard but then again we don't always have 24 competent people.
Avoiding cloud-nicking and running out of Yogg's brain seem to be the two things a lot of people just don't seem to watch out for. I honestly would have thought the prospect of being permanently splat or permnanetly being MCed would deter people. Guess not.

After a weary week and an eventful weekend at an anime convention, followed by 2 crappy nights of harsh winter weather and crappy sleep, logging on just for a daily causes some magic to happen.

Spoiler for I think I smell a rat!:

Hilarious that it's almost as big as my mage. ^^
Old 2009-07-28, 19:56   Link #3769
Sophie
succubus
*IT Support

EU or US people?
Old 2009-07-28, 21:02   Link #3770
Sleep
Tomato

Send a message via MSN to Sleep
I used to play this game from time it was released quitted 2 times but came back after expansions were released.

To bad it losts it's appeal after the first expansion everything before BC was good and fun but after BC and now with Wotlk it's just so different...

I'm looking forward to their new mmo tho hopefully that will be totally different from WoW and since it's from blizzard quality is olmost certain alrdy
Sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 01:46   Link #3771
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos

Didn't set up the shot like that. Tank flew in right as I took it. Anyways, should've had it down last week, but oh well. Going to smash our faces against Yogg 0 next.
Old 2009-07-29, 02:47   Link #3772
Xacual

I'll be honest since I saw your tank in the screenshot was a paladin I had to look up his gear to compare. I'm honestly kind of surprised? All stam gems, mongoose on his weapon? It's kind of underwhelming to be honest. And his spec is not optimal at all.

Other then my confused state about your pally tank, grats on the achievement, I know my casual guild will never work up to that level. Just not enough people that really care that much.

Edit: Maybe on the spec, that is for a specific fight or something, it just seems ridiculously weird to me.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2009-07-29 at 03:05.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 04:00   Link #3773
iceyfw

anyone getting gladiator this season who is not a deathknight? calculations for battlegrounds are starting to come around from arena junkies. i believe it since they are close to accurate every single season.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 12:21   Link #3774
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'll be honest since I saw your tank in the screenshot was a paladin I had to look up his gear to compare. I'm honestly kind of surprised? All stam gems, mongoose on his weapon? It's kind of underwhelming to be honest. And his spec is not optimal at all.

Other then my confused state about your pally tank, grats on the achievement, I know my casual guild will never work up to that level. Just not enough people that really care that much.

Edit: Maybe on the spec, that is for a specific fight or something, it just seems ridiculously weird to me.
Thanks. Maintaining a strong roster is most of the raiding battle.

With regard to our tank, he's probably just gemming for effecting health. Tbh, his base avoidance is pretty decent in the gear he's in now. I'm sure he has an avoidance and threat set that is gemmed accordingly as a good tank should. Mongoose is still a superb tanking enchant. 120 AGI that goes towards dodge and armor along with a slight threat increase is nothing to sneeze at.

Finally, his spec is geared toward 25 man hard modes. Aura mastery is taken so we can burn Conservators in Freya x 3 right away. It's also used a decent amount in the other hard modes. He doesn't take Divine Sacrifice since he can't afford having Forbearance still up during Algalon where he has to use Divine Protection.

I've seen a decent amount of players in higher end guilds that are somewhat mediocre or even bad (like me). However, our paladin tank is honestly one of the best tanks I've ever seen. I've never had any problems with his threat as dps and his play is rock solid.

Last edited by Xellos; 2009-07-30 at 00:19.
Xellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 14:05   Link #3775
Xacual

That makes a lot of sense actually about aura mastery. I can see it being useful for some fights after thinking about it. Mongoose on the other hand, I guess since the average effectiveness is slightly less then 26 agi, I fall into the group of tanks that prefer a static buff over a proc.

Edit: Pretty sure my guild has a warlock getting gladiator this season.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 14:09   Link #3776
Cut-Tongue
ボクサッチ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post

Didn't set up the shot like that. Tank flew in right as I took it. Anyways, should've had it down last week, but oh well. Going to smash our faces against Yogg 0 next.
Ah youre in Spike Flail. On Ner'zhul?
Cut-Tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 14:12   Link #3777
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Tongue View Post
Ah youre in Spike Flail. On Ner'zhul?
The very same.
Old 2009-07-29, 23:25   Link #3778
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
The very same.
Meaning you're in Battlegroup 9....

I think I just found my 3,156,419th reason to not PvP.

Btw, grats on Algalon 25.
Old 2009-07-30, 02:58   Link #3779
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder if there will ever be a time when there will be an area where the Alliance/Horde feud is suspended. A questing or dungeon where you can group with anybody. Sort of like the Zombie Invasion where your faction didn't matter (sort of). While it might not be for everybody, it might be interesting to actually have these two sides fight for a common goal (like stopping Arthus, the Naga, or the Burning Legion on their own turf) like they were actually fighting together towards that goal, instead of against each other and the enemy of both parties at the same time. A raid of 25 with orc shamen, human paladins, undead warlocks, and night elf druids. Not all that happy with each other, but willing to work together, if only for a little while, in a small area of a world.

(Not likely, but it could be interesting...they were willing to work together at the Wraith Gate)
Old 2009-07-30, 03:54   Link #3780
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
I'm sure he has an avoidance and threat set that is gemmed accordingly as a good tank should.
I wish we had tank gear drop enough so I could do that, I only have like one or two bits I can switch between sets (or a trinket rather) to make up an 'avoidance' or 'threat' set. I find I spend more time in my stam set anyway then any other 'set' (blood spec'd so may as well sploit the bonuses of the spec I say). We have the worst drop rate on the 'hot' tanking items, we've had one Heart of Iron drop since UD went live, have never see a Royal Seal of King Llane either. In saying that though, we have five other tanks in the guild.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows