AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2007-08-22, 21:47   Link #41
Hunter Sock Monsters
I Hunt Sock Monsters!!

Send a message via ICQ to Hunter Sock Monsters Send a message via AIM to Hunter Sock Monsters Send a message via MSN to Hunter Sock Monsters Send a message via Yahoo to Hunter Sock Monsters
I found a torrent for the Air soundtrack over @ animeyume. unfortunately their site has been down the last few days so I can post the torrent link. there was an image for the OST included in the torrent. so I figured I'd post it and hopefully people will like it. personally I use iTunes so I have album artwork for just about all my songs. this image seemed the most appropriate for the album artwork.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...Soundtrack.jpg
Old 2007-08-31, 17:29   Link #42
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickal555 View Post
get a little sad everytime though.
I stopped listening to Air's OST in the car since it makes me lose my focus while driving. Especially Aozora, that song is just beautiful...
Old 2007-09-02, 23:44   Link #43
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Just updating for the Lia fans - Crystal Voice and Spectrum Rays are being released as standalone albums this October. CD Japan has them listed here:

Crystal Voice
Spectrum Rays.

Crystal Voice, at least, has a couple of the songs from Air - notably Aozora and nostalgia, as well as the 2004 summer mix of Tori no Uta.

-Andiyar
Old 2007-10-01, 12:40   Link #44
duh2k

Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post, but has anyone heard the last track in the Little Busters! OST? Coz i think it's another rearrangement of Natsukage
duh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 08:22   Link #45
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh2k View Post
Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post, but has anyone heard the last track in the Little Busters! OST? Coz i think it's another rearrangement of Natsukage
I take it you mean the last track on the third CD?

If so, then yes i can understand why you'd say that. It wouldn't be that much surprise that both tracks sound the same --- both being composed by Jun Maeda.
Old 2007-10-02, 23:43   Link #46
duh2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I take it you mean the last track on the third CD?

If so, then yes i can understand why you'd say that. It wouldn't be that much surprise that both tracks sound the same --- both being composed by Jun Maeda.
Hmm, I know composers can compose similar sounding songs, but this had more than a passing resemblance to Natsukage. Had to dbl check to make sure I was actually listening to Little Busters! and not AIR...Or maybe it's just me
duh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 20:56   Link #47
Minoto

Finally got my copy...I wouldn't call that track an arrangement of Natsukage per se, but it definitely quotes from it. An interesting piece...
Minoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 00:10   Link #48
Jeiku

Speaking of AIR OSTs, there is one related theme that I absolutely must point out:

Chata - It disappears in summer ~Natsukage -AIRness- Recollection of boyhood remix~

This is from a doujin album "B·INFINITY," apparently produced by Little Wing. I loved it from the moment I first heard it; for some reason, this is one of the few songs out there that genuinely makes me happy, as opposed to simply cheering me up or the like. It seems to invoke very special feelings in me on some occasions I listen to it. The singing feels just slightly like ambiance, as for most of the song various sections are spliced together. Altogether a gorgeous, fantastic rendition of the original "Natsukage".
Jeiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 18:29   Link #49
Hikari
Banned

There was a period when I swore I listened to some kind of AIR song, mostly Natsukage and Tori no Uta every single day for months. I still listen to it now when I et around to it at least a few times a week. The music I think made the anime. Animation no matter how good can't put you into the mood and spirit of a story like music can (along with a good VA). And sometimes the BGM does just that without a single word ever spoken.
Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 17:02   Link #50
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post
Aozora wins for the number of people it can induce to cry just by hearing. Along with that is Kotowari and Tsuki Warabe.
Natsukage wins for a relaxing tune. Truly makes one soar when looking up on a clear sky and just fly.
This may sound lame but whereas I used to want Amazing Grace played at my wake.... now I think I'd rather have Aozora (vocal) and Natsukage (piano/bell).
Of course, there are times that I think the Animaniacs theme might be more appropriate.......
Old 2007-11-04, 20:37   Link #51
Willcrusher

I have a question regarding the music heard at the end of Episode 9, the scene with the Crow and Misuzu (sp?). Anyone know the name of that piano or OST piece playing in the background? It sounds awesome.
Willcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 21:09   Link #52
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willcrusher View Post
I have a question regarding the music heard at the end of Episode 9, the scene with the Crow and Misuzu (sp?). Anyone know the name of that piano or OST piece playing in the background? It sounds awesome.
That's Natsukage -- one of my favorite songs from the OST, along with Aozora. It's used a few other times as well (most notably in episode 1, when Yukito first encounters Misuzu on the seawall), and always makes me think of hopeful beginnings...
Old 2007-11-06, 15:48   Link #53
Hikari
Banned

Speaking of Natsukage, being as popular as it is, there have been many versions official and not made of it am I correct?

If that is so, could people list their favorite versions and what albums they are from?

I've only listened to the offical OST version and the LIA vocal one.
Old 2007-11-08, 00:18   Link #54
Willcrusher

What album/soundtrack is this version of "Tori no Uta" found on? Or is it some special, live performance????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEJ1UAfkaEI

Imo it sounds the best of all the "Tori no Uta" versions I've heard.
Willcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 23:58   Link #55
Minoto

@Hikari -- to me, the best Natsukage is still the original soundtrack version. Partly because it's inextricably associated with certain scenes, and partly because it has this feel of resolutely moving forward, no matter what...as I said before, I just can't hear it without thinking of hopeful beginnings. The piano-only version on Key's Kanon / AIR arrange album is quite nice, too. Although I like the vocal version as an interesting variation, it's so much slower, and to me seems like it's almost a different song -- the main theme of the soundtrack version appears as the melody for the chorus, but other than that, the feel is just so different. The Cornwall summer mix on the Lia collection album comes closer to the original, but it still doesn't quite hit me in the same way.

@Willcrusher -- that's from RESOUND WAV's AirAria arrange album.
Old 2007-11-09, 16:53   Link #56
Hikari
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoto View Post
@Hikari -- to me, the best Natsukage is still the original soundtrack version. Partly because it's inextricably associated with certain scenes, and partly because it has this feel of resolutely moving forward, no matter what...as I said before, I just can't hear it without thinking of hopeful beginnings. The piano-only version on Key's Kanon / AIR arrange album is quite nice, too. Although I like the vocal version as an interesting variation, it's so much slower, and to me seems like it's almost a different song -- the main theme of the soundtrack version appears as the melody for the chorus, but other than that, the feel is just so different. The Cornwall summer mix on the Lia collection album comes closer to the original, but it still doesn't quite hit me in the same way.
Well here's no question that the original is the best, but I just wanted to see if any others are noteworthy. I have heard the arrange version. It's a bit slower and much more "softer" feel to it which is a rather nice variation. The biggest difference is the slight changes in the song's bridge portion which goes along with the softer feel. I have not heard the Cornwall summer mix yet.

It's also interesting you said of how it reminds you of hopeful beginnings. I have always been reminded when hearing it as just enjoying things for that moment and feeling alive. These aspects link with the overall summer theme that AIR displayed so well. The fact that different people see the song in different ways is another reason why it's as good as it is.

thanks for the reply.
Old 2007-11-09, 17:13   Link #57
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Original >>>>> Lia's versions >> AIRness Takumaru > probably the arranges remixes and all the other arranges (there's just too many to list )
Minoto already said something very similar to why I also find it nice.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 21:39   Link #58
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari View Post
Well here's no question that the original is the best, but I just wanted to see if any others are noteworthy. I have heard the arrange version. It's a bit slower and much more "softer" feel to it which is a rather nice variation. The biggest difference is the slight changes in the song's bridge portion which goes along with the softer feel. I have not heard the Cornwall summer mix yet.

It's also interesting you said of how it reminds you of hopeful beginnings. I have always been reminded when hearing it as just enjoying things for that moment and feeling alive. These aspects link with the overall summer theme that AIR displayed so well. The fact that different people see the song in different ways is another reason why it's as good as it is.
The Cornwall summer mix is similar to the standard vocal version from the Natukage/nostalgia single, but a bit more upbeat / brighter. The orchestration is mostly strings with light percussion, with some piano and subtle brass later in the song, but it's the vocals, which are much more energetic, that do the most to change the mood.

Well, I think the main reason for my hearing it as a song of beginnings is the first time I heard it, in its first use in episode 1 -- Yukito had just woken up on the seawall to see a mysterious and beautiful girl apparently stepping down from the sky, and neither he nor I as the viewer had any clue what was going to come, but I was somehow certain that it was going to be interesting. (Understatement of the year, perhaps?) It's certainly a song that lends itself to multiple interpretations, though, and as you said, the fact that it's able to speak to different people in different but equally meaningful ways just shows how good it is.

Incidentally, it appears twice on WAVE's AIR arrange album, ARIA: Summer Wind -なつのかぜ- is a lovely arrangement using a violin as the lead instrument, and なつかげ -summer wing- is a full-vocal version. Better yet, the violin version (which I prefer, though both are good) is available on their downloads page at http://wavesite.sakura.ne.jp/data/data.html, so go check it out.

Last edited by Minoto; 2007-11-09 at 21:54. Reason: Should have looked for the mp3 before posting...
Old 2007-11-11, 02:25   Link #59
Hikari
Banned

Now that you explain it I can wholeheartedly agree it does represent new beginnings. Whatever the interpretation, I'm sure nearly everyone will agree on Natsukage as presenting a optimistic mood and theme.

The violin version was pretty good, that was quite a different take on a song so strongly linked with the piano. Violin is actually a personal favorite of mine probably 2nd only to the piano.

But you're getting me nostalgic for AIR again I should watch it again sometime, it's been a while. Ironic I've only seen it twice considering how often I listen to the OST.
Old 2007-11-11, 22:50   Link #60
Jeiku

"Natsukage" has always been my favorite piece from the OST; as far as the original song goes, I always have looked at it as a musical interpretation of the series as a whole. Let's say... the first part of the song represents the Dream arc, and starting from 1:17 showcases the Summer arc. Once it reaches 2:27 it repeats its chorus, representing the Air arc.

It's a unique way for me to look at the song, which has a special place in my mind. It's a very beautiful melody.

Also I recently heard the original version of the remix I posted above, simply called "Natsukage -AIRness-" by Chata from the GML doujin album. I find that I prefer this over its remix or the Lia version. It really does remind me of the fun times summer brings.
Jeiku is offline   Reply With Quote