AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-24, 23:42   Link #10321
DawnEmperor

Alright, let's not get into debates about the main character at this point. I agree though, it does kind of bother me that it just turns out Shiranui is Medaka's double, since I always thought of her as more Zenkichi's best friend. Oh well, that does explain their respective roles a bit more.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 01:54   Link #10322
kenjtr

I always thought shiranui was like a shadow and i was right but i though she was zenkichis shadow which turned out she was medakas , well she was neccecary for zenkichi since he cant do anything with medaka . Its like zenichi married madeka on only in paper but his real wife who conforts him is siranui ( probably lik a mistress ) , after this arc zenkichi may notice that real one he loves is actually shiranui not medaka ( i hope so )
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 02:00   Link #10323
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
I always thought shiranui was like a shadow and i was right but i though she was zenkichis shadow which turned out she was medakas , well she was neccecary for zenkichi since he cant do anything with medaka . Its like zenichi married madeka on only in paper but his real wife who conforts him is siranui ( probably lik a mistress ) , after this arc zenkichi may notice that real one he loves is actually shiranui not medaka ( i hope so )
zenkichi has been in love with medaka long before they entered hinokawa academy, plus, they only naturally met with her there, unless author-san can prove me wrong and troll us all... i doubt he loves her, as a partner to spend the rest of his life with
Old 2012-08-25, 02:04   Link #10324
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Yea. The portrayal in this chapter was strange as hell. Zenkichi just hears his best friend is missing and has zero words to say? He kinda just stands there with this strange, apprehensive look to Medaka on his face and lets her take the lead. I don't know. I thought we were lead to believe Zenkichi was the main character now? I guess Medaka's new relationship with Shiranui trumps Zenkichi's manga-old one.
When I read through the chapter I thought it was more like Zen had no idea what was going on, since it looked like he was just searching for Shiranui on his own without being aware of the whole memory wipe thing. After looking in another random room, he stumbles across Medaka who acts completely different from how she was acting earlier (from 'don't come within ten meters' to diving and hugging him) and Anshin'in talking about going together to say farewell to Shiranui and lost memories and stuff, it seems more like he'd be completely bewildered and have no idea what was going on. A sort of 'what the hell is happening' thought processes?

Anyway, about how Zenkichi is the only one who can remember it who doesn't really have a reason (Medaka exception, and Ashin'in skills), does anybody think it might be because since Zenkichi might have genuinely been the only person who actually liked Shiranui/was her friend and thus All-Fiction couldn't erase his memories? (can't erase things with 'strong emotions')

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 02:07   Link #10325
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Someone should superimpose Nishio's face into that.
No one's ever seen what he looks ilke. I've long suspected that he's actually multiple people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
does anybody think it might be because since Zenkichi might have genuinely been the only person who actually liked Shiranui/was her friend and thus All-Fiction couldn't erase his memories? (can't erase things with 'strong emotions')
This is exactly why Medaka and Zenkichi remember, yeah.

Speaking of All Fiction, did anyone else notice that Ajimu mentioned middle school again? We had better get some kind of explanation for that eventually.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 06:12   Link #10326
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
No one's ever seen what he looks ilke. I've long suspected that he's actually multiple people
I could only find this
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 06:14   Link #10327
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I could only find this
Images
hmmm saw that picture on myanimelist....

how reliable do you believe it is?

oh... and why are we talking about what author-san looks like? ^^
Old 2012-08-25, 07:00   Link #10328
Sol Falling

lol, goddamn, quite a few bombshells dropped this time. First the metaphorical Shiranui = 白縫 (versus 黒神) connection, and then just the general idea of the Shiranui clan being connected to the Kurokami family. Given that Shiranui Hanten himself is a Not Equal on the level of Ajimu, this gives significant basis now to the hypothesis of the Kurokamis having MAJOR influence/significance in the Medaka Box universe, perhaps even more than was previously assumed.

Not only that, but riffing off the 'all the Kurokami Suitors had a Shiranui double; Shiranui Hansode was a double for Kurokami Medaka; and Shiranui Hakama is acting as a double for Kurokami Kajiki in overseeing Hakoniwa Academy' scenario; according to this pattern, there's a possibility for further Shiranui doubles existing for Maguro and Kujira.

Furthermore, there has to be pretty significant interest in the potential outcome/resolutions of this scenario. One thing we have to remember, after all, is that the things removed by All Fiction, can't be restored back. Given that Kumagawa has already erased Shiranui from Hakoniwa Academy's history, then, we have to assume that there might not be any simple resumption of the "ordinary life" as a student Zenkichi was talking of.

All in all, this is a pretty epic start into the new arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I could only find this
Images
That's not Nishio. That pic's been circulating as a false rumour of his appearance for ages, but it actually shows Azuma Hiroki, some Japanese cultural critic guy or something. It definitely shouldn't be passed around as if it had any actual legitimacy.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 10:41   Link #10329
17Sevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
there's a possibility for further Shiranui doubles existing for Maguro and Kujira.
Interesting thought! I could see Maguro getting a double, seeing as how he aided the Kurokami's finances BUT also has an extremely frail condition, so he might need a double to do things he can't. But Kujira? She rejected the Kurokami lifestyle. Then again, maybe she has a "good little perfect daughter" double who is the exact opposite! ...I kinda hope that's the case.
17Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 11:55   Link #10330
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
So the School's Chairman is Medaka's fathers proxy, Shiranui is Medakas, so whose proxy is Hanten?
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 12:15   Link #10331
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
So the School's Chairman is Medaka's fathers proxy, Shiranui is Medakas, so whose proxy is Hanten?
Aijmu's

KuroKAMI - black GOD

and what is Aijmu, a god.

You guy think that is just a coincidence?
Old 2012-08-25, 12:20   Link #10332
Westlo
Lets be reality

What happened to the poster that was convinced that Shiranui was somehow another form of Zen.... L O L

Almost as funny as people who think the MC switched, silly people, it's like a reverse Shinn Asuka/Kira Yamato, but lolfans gonna be lolfans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
By Aohige

Bottom, what?
Bottom 5, learn 2 jump.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 14:49   Link #10333
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I am beginning to think that Medaka Box is more about the trolling journey rather than the destination.
Old 2012-08-25, 19:48   Link #10334
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Said it before but the Kurokami and Shiranui family members are two of the main things that draw me to read this series. That we are going to probably dive into more about those two families during this Shiranui arc makes me extremely happy.

And yeah, Ajimu really needs to stop dropping that middle school bomb and not explaining it. Another thing I want explained before all is said and done.
Old 2012-08-26, 09:42   Link #10335
Wolfenstein

Oh, good. I thought I was the only one who noticed nothing was explained about Middle School in the prior arcs. Such as why Kumagawa called Ajimu Zen's girlfriend. That was pretty weird, it never got developed, among many others.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 10:03   Link #10336
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Oh, good. I thought I was the only one who noticed nothing was explained about Middle School in the prior arcs. Such as why Kumagawa called Ajimu Zen's girlfriend. That was pretty weird, it never got developed, among many others.
that is because he didn't. it was a translation error.
Old 2012-08-26, 10:10   Link #10337
Wolfenstein

Oh, thank the lord. One less explanation needed. A billion more to go.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 14:25   Link #10338
Gundamx

Japanese langauge used same word for "girlfriends" as "she"...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 16:33   Link #10339
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Oh, thank the lord. One less explanation needed. A billion more to go.
Like how Akune confessed his feelings to Ajimu?
Unless that was another translation error, of course.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 16:45   Link #10340
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Like how Akune confessed his feelings to Ajimu?
Unless that was another translation error, of course.
if you can refer the chapter and page, i can check the chinese scans.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council