AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-13, 21:04   Link #21
talz13

Question sakigake!! cromartie high

anybody know what episode they are up to in the airing in japan? the last sub was ep 12 AFAIK, but that was back at the end of dec...
talz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 21:06   Link #22
AnimeFangirl

I know the raw for ep 19 came out recently, so at least 19 episodes. Say, isn't there already a Cromartie thread around?
Old 2004-02-13, 21:15   Link #23
talz13

well, i did a search, and the only recent one i found that had to do with sakigake in the title of the post was: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...light=sakigake

i won't complain about the long release schedule (since i hate it when people whine to me about things) , but it will be a great day when i get to see more of this excellent show maybe they'll release a bunch at once if they feel like it
Old 2004-02-13, 21:45   Link #24
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by talz13
well, i did a search, and the only recent one i found that had to do with sakigake in the title of the post was: sakigake...
So what makes this thread different from that one?

edit: Tommy answered my question. This thread is the "pretend-not-to-whine-about-when-the next-episode-comes-out" thread. I can't even tell if his dragging in of Mermaid's Forest and Bobobobobobobo is on- or off-topic ><

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-02-13 at 22:43.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 22:12   Link #25
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I have a bad feeling I'm never going to get to see the end of this series or Mermaids Forest, two series that just kinda dissappeared . Oh yeah what about Boboboo too? Although it hasn't been nearly as long since the first episode of that was released then an episode was released from the other two. So I still have hope that someone is subbing that series.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 02:30   Link #26
talz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
I have a bad feeling I'm never going to get to see the end of this series or Mermaids Forest, two series that just kinda dissappeared . Oh yeah what about Boboboo too? Although it hasn't been nearly as long since the first episode of that was released then an episode was released from the other two. So I still have hope that someone is subbing that series.
yeah, i just watched bobobobobobobobobobo the other day, and i found some parts quite hilarious, but some parts a little bit to far fetched which subtracted from the show... but i was still interested in it enough to want to wait and see if someone will sub more eps

i think the difference, though, is that sakigake has almost half the eps subbed already (as long as there are going to be 26 eps), whereas bobobo only has the first ep subbed (? let me know if there are more finished!). at least sakigake seems to have made it off the ground!

my favorite sakigake eps are probably the first ep, the ep with the humming song, and the ep where takenouchi is stuck riding in the taxi all day... and the rest of the eps aren't far behind those in terms of my favorite i didn't enjoy the one about the school board guy's son that much though.... it did have a few good parts still
Old 2004-02-14, 13:49   Link #27
talz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarBhaD
I think this anime is great. I hope more episodes come out soon, too.
For me, the first ep is the best. Freddy, Gorilla and Mekazawa are too much for just one episode, but there are lots of memorable parts: Maeda's mother, the aliens, the doctor, Mekazawa's brother, etc etc. It's just awesome.

i know when i showed the first ep to some people at school, they couldn't stop laughing! especially about the part with the pencil eating... classic!

also, it's great to have the freddy theme music come up whenever he shows up
Old 2004-02-14, 15:06   Link #28
Izzy
Corrupted

well.....looks like ANBU just re-started the Cromartie project now yay ^^

*d/l*
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 15:09   Link #29
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by talz13
i know when i showed the first ep to some people at school, they couldn't stop laughing! especially about the part with the pencil eating... classic!
He ate my pencil!

That was the first gag that got me starting to like this anime.

Some jokes and entire episodes are really stupid, but the good ones are totally worth it. The humming episode had me in stitches the whole time... those delinquents looking so tough while just their nostrils are animated humming that song.... oh heavens I feel like watching it again.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 15:45   Link #30
talz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
He ate my pencil!

That was the first gag that got me starting to like this anime.
haha, and then later on in the episode the guy was still sitting there trying to chew down on the rest of the 50 odd pencils

woo! cromartie!
Old 2004-02-15, 13:47   Link #31
thegreatjason

Hmm, didn't really check that other thread, but episode 13 was released a while ago, but I don't think A-M has prioritized themselves with BT links.

I stumbled onto this when I was in their IRC channel, which is the only place to obtain SCH as far as I know. They may have 14 up soon, since it's been in their coming soon topic title for a few days now.

#A-M in Mirc-X is thier channel for anyone looking for their releases.
thegreatjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 23:11   Link #32
talz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatjason
Hmm, didn't really check that other thread, but episode 13 was released a while ago, but I don't think A-M has prioritized themselves with BT links.

I stumbled onto this when I was in their IRC channel, which is the only place to obtain SCH as far as I know. They may have 14 up soon, since it's been in their coming soon topic title for a few days now.

#A-M in Mirc-X is thier channel for anyone looking for their releases.
woo! in the process of trying to figure out how to get my computer to download the eps from irc
Old 2004-03-16, 23:43   Link #33
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Any new word on A-M and cromartie?
Old 2004-03-17, 00:00   Link #34
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I've been wondering this myself. A-M was releasing it so quickly, but it's almost been three or four months since their last release. Maybe they lost their translator?
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 00:53   Link #35
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I've been wondering this myself. A-M was releasing it so quickly, but it's almost been three or four months since their last release. Maybe they lost their translator?
Maybe they lost a distro person or webhosting instead? According to AnimeNfo's fansub listing page they've released 15 on IRC just last week, including a Cromartie "bonus". I wonder if that's the Cromartie Music Video (or Cromartie March) that a French fansub group has already released subbed? I assume this Cromartie bonus aired on TV or something?

I hope they put them on bittorrent one day. I don't want to install IRC in addition to all my other downloading programs, but I just might since I like Cromartie too much! (Or I'll just wait for ANBU...)

BTW, anyone else frickin LOVE the DVD cover for Cromartie? Love the Queen references. Would make a cool poster.

jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 01:48   Link #36
Za Paper

Yup, got ep 15. They dont seem to be putting stuff on bt anymore for some reason.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 01:59   Link #37
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Ooo, I never thought of checking IRC releases over at baka-updates.com. *is ashamed*

Just got 13, 14, and 15. Woot!
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 03:31   Link #38
Meier
A Beck anime? SWOON!

I so love Cromartie.. one of the few saving graces of recent memory. Desperately wishing for more of it right about now!
Meier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 03:59   Link #39
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Man I just watched 13, 14 and 15. I forgot how funny this series is! episode 13 was one of the best of the series and 15 was funny as hell too. 14 was kinda meh though.
Old 2004-05-04, 02:51   Link #40
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I hope A-M hasn't dropped this series. I really want to see them sub the rest. Showed my friends episode 15 and they loved it, which is cool since they hate anime. They said they actually wanted to see the whole series.