AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-11, 09:54   Link #241
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Muscular males have always been prevalent in KyoAni shows. Kyon has a six-pack and Houtarou somehow has abs of steel despite being a lazy guy.

Sagara was one of the few that made complete sense.

Cheers.
Well at least these guys do swim, it makes sense too.

And yeah how can people forget Hotaru's body in the hot spring episode (same director of that episode is the head of this series).
Old 2013-05-11, 10:01   Link #242
scineram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
A track record that's overwhelmingly tilted towards shows aimed at males?
Their first ever fanservice show filled with bishounen.
scineram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 10:04   Link #243
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Muscular males have always been prevalent in KyoAni shows. Kyon has a six-pack and Houtarou somehow has abs of steel despite being a lazy guy.

Sagara was one of the few that made complete sense.

Cheers.
Abs is more about low fat than muscle quantity. Still, in most anime "muscular men" looks like they belong in Fist of the North Star. Even Ippo from the boxing manga/anime have muscle that just doesn't make sense for a featherweight boxer.
Old 2013-05-11, 10:56   Link #244
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by scineram View Post
What you can expect from a studio staffed to the brim with fujoshi.

Oh shut up and get over it. You'll get your moe moe kyun in the future with the second season of Chunbyu.

As for how fit the cast is...they're supposed to be athletes so I'd imagine that the typical bishonen style of being thin and pretty is moot this time around.
Old 2013-05-11, 11:00   Link #245
Warm Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scineram View Post
Their first ever fanservice show filled with bishounen.
How do you know the show will be filled with bishounen fanservice?
Mind you, magazine spreads are usually fanservice-y. Other Kyoani shows had the main girls with few clothes and a convenient camera angle in these magazine drawings.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 18:19   Link #246
Peanutbutter

The scans are really ripping their muscles up eh?

Somehow, this feels like compensation for the fujoshi group in Kyoani, after working on so many moe series over their years. Now the fujoshis are really giving all they got.

In a way, maybe we can have an insight of their mind, as to what makes men tick.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 18:27   Link #247
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

If muscle is what we are concerned about. Ledo is the one who just have the right amount of muscle for a bishounen in this season....
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 18:57   Link #248
HosannaExcelsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
How do you know the show will be filled with bishounen fanservice?
Mind you, magazine spreads are usually fanservice-y. Other Kyoani shows had the main girls with few clothes and a convenient camera angle in these magazine drawings.
Considering the director's loving comments about upper bodies, I would expect to see quite a bit of them during the show.
HosannaExcelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 21:24   Link #249
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

And there's also the fact that they're a swim team....so yeah, there's gonna be male fanserivce.

So Megane is already not popular? I see in the one spread they left him out
Old 2013-05-12, 08:58   Link #250
scineram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Somehow, this feels like compensation for the fujoshi group in Kyoani, after working on so many moe series over their years. Now the fujoshis are really giving all they got.

In a way, maybe we can have an insight of their mind, as to what makes men tick.
This has been probably trying to come out for a long time. We already got a glimpse of it in the Hyouka onsen episode and the OVA.
scineram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 21:33   Link #251
zztop

Wow, Free! hasn't even aired yet, yet there's already fanart popping up on Pixiv!
*so far the clean kind, not the smutty kind.*
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 09:54   Link #252
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Interview

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...-icon-offering

The themes are swimming, friendship and torsos. Got to love that last one.
The scans definitely confirmed the last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
This is a curious thing.

Until now, in almost all programs that attract fujoshis (which I've seen), the boys were slim and do not have much muscle.
Eh?! fujoshi are not necessarily shotacon... usually muscular guys are more prevalent.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:09   Link #253
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
Eh?! fujoshi are not necessarily shotacon... usually muscular guys are more prevalent.
Slim male character designs =/= shota.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 10:55   Link #254
Konja7

Quote:
Well, I never mentioned shota. I just mentioned that these boys are usually slim and do not have much muscle

Some of these boys may have toned bodies (still slim), but I almost never seen that they have muscles so marked as the boys of "Free".

Last edited by Konja7; 2013-05-14 at 11:07.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 12:30   Link #255
RainbowMagnet

I would love for this to be something akin to seishun kouryakuhon. Not getting my hopes up though.

Quote:
Well, I never mentioned shota. I just mentioned that these boys are usually slim and do not have much muscle

Some of these boys may have toned bodies (still slim), but I almost never seen that they have muscles so marked as the boys of "Free".
That's probably because studios opt to go for slimmer designs rather than muscular. Plenty of fujoshi love muscles, see kuroko no basuke.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 14:12   Link #256
ElCachicamo

Kyoani should animate the swimming scenes with a Koike style to make the show visually engaging. This could be a good opportunity for Kyoani to showcase more of their talent.

Nichiyou had some very nice looking camera movements with great background animation and slow motion scenes. The CM for this show was really good.

ElCachicamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 14:19   Link #257
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Slim male character designs =/= shota.
Quote:

Sure... and girls looking 6 YO are not lolis, just eternally young vampires or undeveloped Asians... come on

Anyway, my point is that this will be fan-service for US! Deal with it, as we have dealt with the all their braindead moeblobs KyoAni started its own shop and needs clients from both sexes
Old 2013-05-14, 15:37   Link #258
Konja7

Quote:
Sure... and girls looking 6 YO are not lolis, just eternally young vampires or undeveloped Asians... come on

Anyway, my point is that this will be fan-service for US! Deal with it, as we have dealt with the all their braindead moeblobs KyoAni started its own shop and needs clients from both sexes
Well, I think I do not explained properly. When I mentioned slim guys, I meant for example Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), Nezumi (No. 6), practically all the guys in "K", among others.

I'm not against "Free" (I plan to see it). I was just mentioning something I noticed.

Last edited by Konja7; 2013-05-14 at 16:03.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 00:47   Link #259
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Well, I think I do not explained properly. When I mentioned slim guys, I meant for example Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), Nezumi (No. 6), practically all the guys in "K", among others.
Sebastian probably has a knockout body under all that clothing, like in most doujinshi... as for the bad boys of K... well probably have better abs then some teens genderbended swimmers instead of musicians... though the lack of brains would probably be equivalent

Anyway, when I think of archetypical yaoi fuel, Tiger & Bunny comes to mind, followed by Kuroko, Onizuka and Slam Dunk... these are/were unimaginably popular here both with circles and their fans

Kuroshitsuji was also a major hit, but can not compare to the above, plus like K and NoitaminA appealed also to guys, and had a lot of service for them too

Quote:
I'm not against "Free" (I plan to see it). I was just mentioning something I noticed.
Sorry for that... I wasn't referring to you specifically there but I messed up the order I wrote the post, ending up quoting you... anyway, it's just that having read all the rage in futaba channel, and then get a second serving in overseas blogs and forums (like this one), I feel the need to put some things into a more general (-azing... probably) perspective

Whether boys and girls like Free! or did like K-On! won't change the fact that like most KyoAni shows this is also manufactured to squeeze out the last yen out of us, but now thankflly at least independent of gender
Old 2013-05-15, 01:05   Link #260
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Gee. How come no one told me that I'm gonna have an anime?

Tags
abs, fabulous, sports, water animation