AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-20, 16:45   Link #681
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBosomCCAC View Post
So, I was reading a poll that someone posted recently that ranks as pretty highly regarded by the 80,000 people that took the poll. So if Mushishi is popular enough for a TV series and a movie, doesn't that leave the door open for a video game?

If that does happen, will it take shape after the manga, series, or movie? How many stories might be playable? RPG or Text Adventure (like the Kino no Tabi games)?

Anyway, sorry if it seems weird that I'd think so much about that, but I'm curious to hear what you all think about the idea.

If nothing else, I'd say there could be a fan made text adventure with fan-fic.

Peace,
SB-
It would be an Alternate Universe Dating-Sim/Romance/Bishoujo/Harem Game with an RPG element, released crosssed platform on PS2, DS, and PC, the titled would be called "Mushishi Alternative."

I'm serious.
Old 2007-03-20, 20:07   Link #682
Lost

^ And I'm looking forward to it.

Quote:
Also, I told everyone that I'd scan and post the postcards from the box set, so here are those three images:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...nkoperfect.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...oPerfect-1.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...hotPerfect.jpg
Thank you very much for those scans, SugarBosomCCAC! I love the style of drawings that are done on them, and honestly, the second postcard is my favourite because it depicts part of my all time favourite scene from episode 20. Just look at Tanyuu looking up to the sky with such a bright smile. No doubt Ginko too is envisioning the future, perched where he is. As for the group shot, isn't it significant that Tanyuu is the most obvious? There are great things planned for her as a character, I hope. Btw, what are the words on that sign that Ginko is holding up?

As for this, it is an amazing figure. May I ask which is the company doing that Figure, and if it's for sale apart from the DVD? I'd love to have it in my collection.

@Snoop': Both of your paintings are fantastic IMO; tho I personally prefer the Renzu-Shinra one because it has so much more delightful greenery. Good job! ^^
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 22:22   Link #683
SugarBosomCCAC

Hey Lost,

I'm glad you liked the scans. The sign that Ginko is holding in the third postcard says, "Thank you once again for your patronage". Although it is written in honorific form, as all things are addressing customers in Japan, it is also written in a short, playful way that connotates a sentence like "Thanks a bunch for your support".
It's kind of written just exactly the way Ginko might say it. Everyone in the picture is kind there like an "It's a wrap" party. Notice Renzu holding a large, celebratory bottle of sake.

As for the figure, it's called a "Ultra Detail Figure" released by MediCom Toy. The seem to be handling all figures for Mushishi, as they made the large Mushishi figure that I posted the picture of, as well. The figure you refered to is only available in the Mushishi Tokubetsu Henshu - Mushino Orai special commemorative Mushishi DVD Box set. It's cheaper than ever on CD Japan. Here's the link:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVBA-22953

It goes for about $70 after shipping, which is awesome because I payed about $95 when I got it.

Cal-Reflector: I don't know if I would buy a Mushishi dating/harem sim. I mean, none of you would be happy if Ginko ended up with anyone but Tanyuu.

I was also thinking about the posted cover of the recent KC Afternoon with Tanyuu riding a horse through the cranes with Ginko. I don't know what's currently going on in the magazine after the 7th volume, but even though it's a nice idea, I don't think Tanyuu will join Ginko on his travels. At least not permanently. I was looking closely, and Tanyuu's kimono doesn't look like a traveling one, more like she's wearing it to impress Ginko on their day out together. Also, she doesn't seem to have any luggage. Unfortunately, I don't see them ending up together for good. Unless she's miraculously cured.
Sorry if I bummed some people out with this paragraph.

SB-

Last edited by SugarBosomCCAC; 2007-03-20 at 22:43.
SugarBosomCCAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 22:24   Link #684
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
It would be an Alternate Universe Dating-Sim/Romance/Bishoujo/Harem Game with an RPG element, released crosssed platform on PS2, DS, and PC, the titled would be called "Mushishi Alternative."

I'm serious.
I'm just waiting for MAD to make the opening video.
Old 2007-03-20, 22:51   Link #685
SugarBosomCCAC

Hey EVERYONE!,

As I mentioned, I'm going to Sakura Con from April 6-8th where I'll see and meet Hiroshi Nagahama (series director) again and I will be asking him questions about the show.

Are there any questions any of you would like asked?

I'll pick the best questions, and I will post answers to the ones I asked when I return from the con. So, start thinking of some and let me know so I can write them down!

SB-
Old 2007-03-20, 23:19   Link #686
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Hey EVERYONE!,

As I mentioned, I'm going to Sakura Con from April 6-8th where I'll see and meet Hiroshi Nagahama (series director) again and I will be asking him questions about the show.

Are there any questions any of you would like asked?

I'll pick the best questions, and I will post answers to the ones I asked when I return from the con. So, start thinking of some and let me know so I can write them down!

SB-
Ask him about his favorite characters, and... umm... anything Tanyuu related! Better yet (Assuming the director is a fan of the series he directed), ask him whom he thinks would compliment/make a good partner for Ginko. お似合い is the precise word I'm thinking of.

I think those are good questions, yes? *Sparkly Eyes*

Aside: I came this close to writing a scenario for Mushishi Alternative, but relaized that silliness should only be taken so far. Nevertheless, if someone made an OP for the Ginko-harem game, I will not protest.
Old 2007-03-21, 00:26   Link #687
Lost

Quote:
(1) Ask him about his favorite characters, and... (2) Better yet (Assuming the director is a fan of the series he directed), ask him whom he thinks would compliment/make a good partner for Ginko. お似合い is the precise word I'm thinking of.
Yes I second those questions. Also, if it's at all possible; could you ask him, apart from the author, Yuki Urushibara, what he thinks Tanyuu's role in the future will be like. Even better, if he knows Urushibara-san well, what does she think of Tanyuu's future in the series, and with Ginko? XD Tell him it's from a bunch of Tanyuu X Ginko freaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBosomCCAC
The sign that Ginko is holding in the third postcard says, "Thank you once again for your patronage". Although it is written in honorific form, as all things are addressing customers in Japan, it is also written in a short, playful way that connotates a sentence like "Thanks a bunch for your support". It's kind of written just exactly the way Ginko might say it. Everyone in the picture is kind there like an "It's a wrap" party. Notice Renzu holding a large, celebratory bottle of sake.
That's a lovely explanation that put everything in context! Thank you. As for the figure, I think I'll pass after all, it'll be much too heavy on the expenses.
Old 2007-03-21, 00:54   Link #688
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Cal-Reflector: I don't know if I would buy a Mushishi dating/harem sim. I mean, none of you would be happy if Ginko ended up with anyone but Tanyuu.
That's not true, the point is for Ginko to get all the girls in turn! And I for one support Ginko with plenty of other characters, like... that... blind girl, Amane was it? Yeah.

Quote:
...more like she's wearing it to impress Ginko on their day out together.
That's an even better interpretation than I could have come up with! *Reps*

I know, all this speculation and woozah over the cover is but in humor and (half)jest. Its nothing more than fanservice really. My only realistic hope is that the cover is a sign of the Powers that Be's recognition that these two have nice chemistry and could be a good selling point to further the series. I do hope you'll pass on our questions to the Director-sama though, and thank you in advance.

But don't listen to Lost: identifying the source of those questions as coming from a handful of Ginko-Tanyuu freaks holds no persuasion whatsoever. Instead, say that the question comes from a group representative of the wishes of the entirety of the vast, vast American Mushishi fandom, who slavishly shell out millions upon millions of dollars for Sensei's work and DVDs and merchandise, who would shell out even more money if products in the future became more geared towards their... interest.
Old 2007-03-21, 01:21   Link #689
Lost

^ ROFL! Hey, whatever works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
I know, all this speculation and woozah over the cover is but in humor and (half)jest.
O rly? Sounded pretty serious to me; and I still am serious about it's implications. To me, at least it does show their recognition that among all the girls of Mushishi, Tanyuu deserves more.
Old 2007-03-21, 01:33   Link #690
SugarBosomCCAC

Hey again,

Cal-Relector: Don't worry, I know that Lost's phrasing was out of excitement. I understand how everyone feels. I will ask about Tanyuu and Ginko, letting him know that there are many people interested in their future. I think his answer will depend upon if it's being covered in the manga currently, though.

Also Cal, when you talked about Nagahama possibly being a fan of the manga, you were more right than you knew. At AX 2006, I found out that Nagahama is such a fan of the series, that he made it his personal mission to stick as closely to the manga as possible. But because he is such an immense fan, he chose to "elaborate" on certain scenes that he felt deserved a fan's attention. For example, everything is as it was in the manga, but there are extra angles, animations and slight pauses on scenes that benefited the quality of the show.
In summary, I don't think he will gear the show towards any one fan interest, but if the manga takes that direction, he will give it the time and effort it deserves.

Lost: Thanks for the enthusiastic response. As for purchasing the figure and special DVD, I'd say try to reconsider. For someone tight on money, even if they wanted to, buying the Japanese full series would be out of the question. Purchasing it here when it releases is the second best alternative. But, that special edition DVD and figure will not be released here in the U.S. and it's cheaper than ever. Believe me, I know what it takes to come up with the money for this stuff, but looking at the large case on my shelf and the Ginko in my display case made me so happy that I paid the money. Recently, I've been selling some of my possesions online to come up with the money for the 12 inch Ginko figure, and while it's been tough, I came up with the money. So, if you really want it, you probably have SOME assets you could liquidate. Anyway, sorry to be persistent, but come on, you know you want it! Hahah, just kidding.

EVERYONE: Please keep the questions coming. I know everyone has questions, and not just about Tanyuu. I really like some of the stuff G. Zeus had to discuss, so please join in!

Peace,
SB-
Old 2007-03-21, 08:09   Link #691
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Best story from the series would be a good question to ask --- i'm pretty sure we all have our favorites here, and wouldn't mind knowing the Directors. Also, i wouldn't mind knowing what his favourite track is from the two soundtracks.. :3

As for this Mushishi eroge game --- would we get any mushi related mini games? :3
Old 2007-03-21, 10:27   Link #692
Lost

@SugarBosomCCAC: It's good to know Director-sama is a great fan too, and puts such great effort into it. We really are getting the best treatment, aren't we? If you don't mind, could you convey our collective "thank yous" to him? About the figure, trust me; I'd love to have it, but (1) I don't live in the US so assuming $70 is in USD, that would easily be $140-150 for me (2) I can't shop online. But thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
As for this Mushishi eroge game --- would we get any mushi related mini games? :3
Let me be the first to suggest the "Catch the Girl in the Swamp" mini game. In it, you try to manoeuvre a fish trawling net to catch a semi-gelatinous girl with green hair. Make sure she doesn't get thru the larger holes! Also, the "Slash the Makura" mini game. Plus, there could be all sorts of mushi catching games - with Ginko's gloves, or aiming and throwing mushi pins.
Old 2007-03-21, 10:30   Link #693
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heck, the whole idea of Mushishi mini-games should be its own game --- on the Nintendo DS as well. Can see it working perfectly on there!

Also: I was just wondering if anyone had any Mushishi avatars or sigs that i could use? I wouldn't mind seeing some work from people. :3
Old 2007-03-21, 11:09   Link #694
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Heck, the whole idea of Mushishi mini-games should be its own game --- on the Nintendo DS as well. Can see it working perfectly on there!

Also: I was just wondering if anyone had any Mushishi avatars or sigs that i could use? I wouldn't mind seeing some work from people. :3
A long time ago I had a "Mushi no Tabi" signature that spliced Kino together with Ginko like they were traveling together. I can't find it now, but I could make it again.
Old 2007-03-21, 11:10   Link #695
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
A long time ago I had a "Mushi no Tabi" signature that spliced Kino together with Ginko like they were traveling together. I can't find it now, but I could make it again.
That would be pretty good to see --- though no Kino please. :3
Old 2007-03-21, 11:15   Link #696
Lost

^ If you don't mind posting a fanart source, I could try doing an avatar or signature from it.

//Yeah, Cal, I remember that signature. It was very very good.

to bed!

▼ ///oh, I see. Well, I should consider doing one for myself too.. but the postcards seem too plain to have a signature out of. I'm tempted to use Snoop's paintings, with his permission, of course. ▼
Old 2007-03-21, 11:18   Link #697
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
^ If you don't mind posting a fanart source, I could try doing an avatar or signature from it.
Oh, i can make my own --- probably get around to it tonight with the postcards that were posted. I just wanted to see if anyone else has created any in the past. ^^;
Old 2007-03-21, 11:32   Link #698
wao
OK.

Oh man! You're going to go meet Nagahama in person? Damn I envy you... Well, I'm so dog tired I can't think of any real good questions, but all I can think of is something that has been bugging me a bit for some time now.

It is an extremely boring technical question though....

How long did they take to make an episode?
Also, I understand that in an extremely unusual move this anime has individual colour designs per episode (and a "theme colour"). When exactly do they start implementing the colour designs - from the storyboard stage, or from episode direction?

If you're looking for more people to submit questions - why not have a try asking around at the Mushishi livejournal community? There's a pretty nice group of folks there... although I won't be surprised if some of them are going to go and ask him questions themselves too .
Old 2007-03-21, 17:30   Link #699
Snoop'

@Lost : of course, feel free to use whatever you like in any fashion.

Aaaaw, why doesn't Nagaham come in France ? There are many anime fans in this country, too...
Anyway, for those who are fluent in Japanese, I recommend the Mushishi Kuukan, which is an affiliate of the official Mushishi site, and where people discuss about various stuff.

I will try to scan my postcards tomorrow, but in the meantime, I scanned the Sugar's snapshot postcard to do a little game... How many characters can you name in the following picture, without checking ?

Answer :
Spoiler:

I managed to guess 27 out of 39...
My favs are (of course) Renzu, Mujika and Nui because they have a facetious face, Tanyuu, and Io.
Snoop' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 18:04   Link #700
kujoe
from head to heel

@SugarBosomCCAC: Ask him about the kind of music used in the series. What prompted him or Masuda Toshio to use that kind of music in the anime? What kind of feelings or thoughts did they exactly want to invoke to the viewers? And as Lost already mentioned, please pass our words of appreciation to him, his team and the author of the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
That's not true, the point is for Ginko to get all the girls in turn! And I for one support Ginko with plenty of other characters, like... that... blind girl, Amane was it? Yeah.
Haha, that's a bit too much maybe. On the subject of female characters, I particularly like that woman in the episode about the ink stone as well. I found her story very touching for some reason—along with the stories of Tanyuu, Grandma Renzu and the mother who's losing her memory. Those stories make up my top four list actually. Darn it, I can't remember her name. (Hmmm, perhaps a rewatch is in order..?)

Oh yeah, I wonder if others have noticed this avatar I got (read: ripped) from Mushishi already. He's that horned kid from way back. It's kind of odd using it in forums or discussions considering it shows a kid covering his ears.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural