Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-24, 13:43   Link #101
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Adding Kodomo No Jikan.

I know it has cult followers....but I'm seeing more hate than love for it right now.

They can't look past the ecchi loli stuff and see the amazing and touching story that lies beneath!!

oh well...THEIR loss.

Also adding Kyoshiro To Towa No Sora. I know everyone HATES this one. But I liked it. Excuse ME for not being a yuri freak and liking love stories between a BOY and a GIRL. *GASP*

Someone mentioned Kaze No Stigma before. Don't worry-I like it too!
Old 2009-08-24, 22:15   Link #102
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's been a lot of discussion over this in various threads.... but basically all the "label" tells you is how the publishing agency self-identifies and who they think their larger audience demographic is. It really provides little useful information about any particular series (as you've discovered yourself). Anyone who rejects a title simply on the basis of the publishing house label (shounen, seinen, shoujo, etc) is crippling themselves and annoying the rest of us.

(ah the fast fingered 4Tran seems to have beaten me to adjusting this post)

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-08-24 at 22:39. Reason: Removed spam from previous poster.
Old 2009-08-25, 10:47   Link #103
Somnium
Cogito, ergo sum

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning..
Send a message via ICQ to Somnium Send a message via Yahoo to Somnium
Yu-Gi-Oh but not the dubbed version.When it was translated to English they made it seem like just a little kids show.I like it but most do not.
Old 2009-08-25, 14:53   Link #104
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I always get flak for liking Naruto. I only like Part 2 and I'm nothing like the narutards you see all the time.
Old 2009-08-25, 15:33   Link #105
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The anime KKPR gets a lot of hate from the fans of its eroge source materia.
I thought it was a great adaptation in the way it took the source material and lifted it out of the "serial choose-the-girl" simplism that dogs many eroge-based adaptations and turned it into an interesting multi-threaded ensemble story. I've gotten to where I really don't like investing time in eroge-based romance anime if it just does a by-the-numbers mapping serial adventure replay.
Old 2009-08-25, 16:48   Link #106
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I always get flak for liking Naruto. I only like Part 2 and I'm nothing like the narutards you see all the time.
Oh I can relate to this. It's a problem theory all fans have to face with a very popular anime....."The Popular Anime Fan Noob Theory"

"If lots of the fans of this anime act like retards, and you like the same show, then YOU must be a retard too".

It can be applied to any theme, really. "Only real-life pedophiles should like lolicon" "Only 10-year-old kids should like anime based on card games" "Only lesbians and men can like yuri" the list goes on...

It's really unfair and SO judgemental.

Chiibi highly dislikes people who think this way. It's closeminded.
Old 2009-08-25, 18:13   Link #107
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Eyeshield 21 and one outs ...not many people like sports animes when they Great >_>
Old 2009-08-25, 18:35   Link #108
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Kamen no Maid Guy. In my opinion, this is an underrated anime! While I cannot say for a fact that people hate this anime most people tend to judge this anime by its title. A few friends told me that they're not interested in an anime about some "maid guy" and that the title was a huge turn off for them. They should look more into it before judging an anime just by its title. As for people who do watch it criticized it for the animation and artwork and that the fanservice is an eyeroller. I personally do not see anything wrong with them...

Queen's Blade is another underrated anime, in my opinion. I know alot of people who hates this anime and dropped it at the third episode without going further into it. First of all, I respect people's opinions if the feel that the show is bad or even went as far as to say its the disappointment of the year, but there's a difference between saying an anime is bad and trying to get someone to drop it. This happens in MAL (MyAnimeList) when I talked about it and I have people telling me its bad and that I should drop it. Sorry, as long as I like what I'm seeing then there's no way I'm gonna drop it.
Old 2009-08-25, 20:37   Link #109
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Tokiha View Post
Kamen no Maid Guy. In my opinion, this is an underrated anime! While I cannot say for a fact that people hate this anime most people tend to judge this anime by its title. A few friends told me that they're not interested in an anime about some "maid guy" and that the title was a huge turn off for them. They should look more into it before judging an anime just by its title. As for people who do watch it criticized it for the animation and artwork and that the fanservice is an eyeroller. I personally do not see anything wrong with them...
You are so right about that! Kamen no maid guy was very funny, not worthy of joining the ranks of epic comedies but funny nonetheless and very entertaining.

And I also join in with those that liked School Days. I just watched it recently and I must say it's one of my favourites now. It's such a beautiful train-wreck that I just want to sit down, pick up some popcorn and hope I don't choke to dead on them when I laugh my ass off cause of all the sh** that's hitting the fan... The sadist in me just loves it and the ending is just perfect.
Old 2009-08-25, 20:52   Link #110
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
You are so right about that! Kamen no maid guy was very funny, not worthy of joining the ranks of epic comedies but funny nonetheless and very entertaining.
Correct! I'm not saying KnMG is the best comedy/ecchi anime there is but like you said its still funny and entertaining. I like the character designs (it kind of reminds me of Girls Bravo), the animation and the artwork. The anime is also too short IMO. Plus I love how the running gag of the series focuses mostly on Naeka Fujiwara's oversized boobs.
Old 2009-08-25, 21:08   Link #111
Nosauz

Im pretty sure queen's blade dvd sales are prety good, since the second season has already been greenlit, I mean its a yuri oppai series, seems like oppai otaku's wet dream
Old 2009-08-25, 21:12   Link #112
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Im pretty sure queen's blade dvd sales are prety good, since the second season has already been greenlit, I mean its a yuri oppai series, seems like oppai otaku's wet dream
I'm actually looking forward to the second season! I love Queen's Blade but I know alot of people who don't and actually tried to make me drop the series just because they dropped it after pussing out on the third episode. As I said, there's a difference in saying an anime is bad and trying to make someone drop it. And yes, I love oppai! ^_^
Old 2009-08-25, 21:13   Link #113
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

Kodomo no Jikan would be an anime i like that most people don't.

School Days is great as well,

as is Magikano
Old 2009-08-26, 12:01   Link #114
npcomplete

Adding to the titles mentioned above, for me:
Da Capo series
H2O Footprints in the Sand - was surprised and saddened that even one of the subbers, Ureshii, bashed it
Akane-iro ni Samaru Saka
Akikan
To-Love Ru

I loved H2O and Da capo. Didn't love the other 3 I mentioned in the same way but enjoyed them nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The anime KKPR gets a lot of hate from the fans of its eroge source materia.
I thought it was a great adaptation in the way it took the source material and lifted it out of the "serial choose-the-girl" simplism that dogs many eroge-based adaptations and turned it into an interesting multi-threaded ensemble story. I've gotten to where I really don't like investing time in eroge-based romance anime if it just does a by-the-numbers mapping serial adventure replay.
I'm not familiar with its eroge but I loved the KimiKiss anime too. Interestingly the show got some intense rage from a few bloggers based on who ended up with whom.

Quote:
And yes, I love oppai! ^_^
Who doesn't?
Old 2009-08-26, 15:38   Link #115
Chiibi

Quote:
Kodomo no Jikan would be an anime i like that most people don't.
YAY!

Quote:
as is Magikano
Magikano's dub is LMAO-funny. I was like, ROLLING ON THE FLOOR.....
Example: "Does Yuri have to CHOKE A B**CH!?"

Audio gold, right thar.

Quote:
Da Capo series
Would have liked it more but I can't stand Nemu. She's on my hate list.

Quote:
H2O Footprints in the Sand - was surprised and saddened that even one of the subbers, Ureshii, bashed it
No way!! I liked it!!

Quote:
Quote:
Who doesn't?
Uh.......most straight girls? lol
Old 2009-08-26, 16:40   Link #116
qwertyuiopz

i love school days rofl

naruto too...without fillers -.-
Old 2009-08-27, 07:28   Link #117
npcomplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Who doesn't?
Uh.......most straight girls? lol
darn.. there goes my yuri fantasies..
Old 2009-08-27, 12:58   Link #118
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I wouldn't say I love it by any means, and in fact I think it has some really bad writing decisions and have previously posted stating this, but I have to mention Valkyria Chronicles. I've never seen a series so universally hated in its own sub-forum on this site. It's not a great series but I don't feel it's so unbelievably terrible as to be worthy of all the hate it gets, to the point of all positive aspects being completely disregarded because of the negative and multiple pages of the same people coming up with new ways to say "man this sucks" over and over. I still manage to find it at least entertaining despite some stupid plot points.

Also Phantom ~ Requiem for the Phantom. I've seen a lot of people say something to the effect of "It sucks because it's Beetrain." I'm kind of in a vacuum as I've never played the original game nor seen any other series by Beetrain, and I really enjoy this series just based on its own merits. It's only behind Umineko as the series I look forward to the most every week.
Old 2009-08-27, 13:36   Link #119
Velsy

Valkyria Chronicles - Like the previous poster said, it takes all kind of abuse and never stops but mostly over silly reasons, even when its still airing. I've really enjoyed it to its current episode. pfft I even made a sig of one of the characters O_o

my next one.. well its not an anime but an anime character. I just wnt to mention him while ima here.

Shirou Emiya from Fate/Stay Night

I really liked his character, but whenever his name comes up, its people putting him down or showing hatred for him.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2009-08-27, 22:20   Link #120
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcomplete View Post
Who doesn't?
Guys who like flat chest? There seem to be alot, you know?

MEH! OPPAI RULES! XD
Closed Thread