AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-16, 01:29   Link #17221
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
But the some of the espers clearly stated that they STARTED AT LEVEL 1.
(I am not counting here the possibility of espers that started at higher levels)

They DID NOT STARTED AT LEVEL 0!!
If there would have been a lenghty curriculum starting from kindergarden/elem. school,
there would have been a certain period of time where those people would have been LEVEL 0s.

My only conclusion to that is that there is some really short curriculum that awakens powers right of the start.
Something short, for example less than a week, that "does not counts" and after it ends you end up as either level 0 or 1.

PS: Please note how fast and cheap is the production of Misaka Clones and they are already level 2s.
of course, the clones underwent a different curriculum, namely Testament. and they've been developed and modded since they were created.

i assume since some have "more potential" than others, so they find out their powers right away. not all people find out their powers at the same rate. some probably needs more push than others.

i assume Kuroko started at Level 2 since Teleport is pretty rare (only 53 of them or something). I think Gemstones fall in this category too by default.

Misaka's electromaster is pretty common for a power, so she started at Level 1.
Old 2012-03-16, 09:55   Link #17222
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So I oneshot nine chapters in one go and suddenly alot of the previous conversations/discussions became clear

I thought something felt weird when Kamijou appeared this early in the story, Saflee seems like a pretty upstanding character though she comes of as a 'good Oriana' to me when she talks to 'Kamijou'. But of course the real meat starts with the introduction of Kihara Ransuu and damn does he live up to the Kihara name- abit too Pulp Fiction for my taste with the 'torture' but meh. Then there's something darkly satisfying to see Academy City re-instilling the fear of God into their enemies after being mocked at for the last two volumes, but then again they're only going up against conventional forces so this isn't anything unusual... Seriously, why does anybody bother with conventional grunts any more? The key to victory has always been these smaller, elite units rather than 5000 Mercenaries or 250 battle nuns...

About the upcoming Ransuu vs U-Loki fight... I don't think I've ever seen a battle between two illusionists before... Frankly I'm abit wary of Illusionists just like how I'm wary of Mind Controllers, they could literally just pull crap out of thin air over and over until the story-tellers decides to kill them... Then the fans would just continue to speculate that it's all just an illusion or so-and-so were actually being controlled -_-

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-03-16 at 10:23.
Old 2012-03-16, 10:27   Link #17223
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
They DID NOT STARTED AT LEVEL 0!!
If there would have been a lenghty curriculum starting from kindergarden/elem. school,
there would have been a certain period of time where those people would have been LEVEL 0s.

My only conclusion to that is that there is some really short curriculum that awakens powers right of the start.
Something short, for example less than a week, that "does not counts" and after it ends you end up as either level 0 or 1.
This is true, simply because Mikoto has always described as "that girl, was originally a level 1". Also didn't Touma at some point, I think it was LN Vol 1 when he was talking about what his school was; mentioned that there are "legendary cases"of level 0s managing to upgrade themselves as level 1?

Then again, pretty much every "I think" I have say in this thread has been wrong , I'm going to skip through vol 1 later to see if I can find that part.

I get the feeling that even if those cases are "true", then they are incredibly rare. Most of the population on the city wouldn't be a level 0 otherwise.
Old 2012-03-16, 10:53   Link #17224
Miraluka
Banned

Sub.09 is ready.
Old 2012-03-16, 11:21   Link #17225
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Sub 10 in two hours.
Old 2012-03-16, 12:20   Link #17226
Breidaluk

Thank you for the good news. Can someone explain more about Enshu's ability?
Old 2012-03-16, 13:14   Link #17227
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Sub 10 is out

Could the person Maria is looking for be Touma? I've been avoiding spoilers like the plague so far (I'm not even looking at the pictures in advance) but I'm really tempted to look into them now to find out. If it is, it would be awesome.
Old 2012-03-16, 14:22   Link #17228
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

So i went to the wiki and i noticed there is no summary for NT3. Which bothers me since i wanna skim through it so i can start NT4. Can someone be kind enough to give a summary or is there a place for that?
Old 2012-03-16, 15:03   Link #17229
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
So i went to the wiki and i noticed there is no summary for NT3. Which bothers me since i wanna skim through it so i can start NT4. Can someone be kind enough to give a summary or is there a place for that?
Go to the characters pages ie. Touma, Misaka, Accelerator etc. Then go to where it says something like "Hawaiian Invasion Arc". They'll have the information regarding there own action in that volume and give insights from the writer pov.

I hope that helps.
Old 2012-03-16, 16:07   Link #17230
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Thank you kind sir
Old 2012-03-16, 17:04   Link #17231
Acer
Death to the infidels!

part 11: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...olume4_Main.11
Old 2012-03-16, 17:33   Link #17232
Flere821
Lurker

To quote pt 11:

Quote:
Made_in_KIHARA
I cracked up at that part Though really, a joke that that might have been better suited to something a bit more 'mad-scientist'-like rather than just guns...
Old 2012-03-16, 18:12   Link #17233
Doc Astaroth

Woah... Did I just hope a Kihara would actually win? Well, that just shows how f**ed up Marian is.

This series is so cruel to cannon fodder...
Old 2012-03-16, 19:30   Link #17234
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Nice, I was looking forward to seeing Byouri and Marian fight. Also, this is quite the way to start off a chapter.

Quote:
“Fuuuck fuuuck fuckiiing fuuuck,” sang a girl as she scattered fresh red blood about Baggage City.
No one can deny Kamachi has style.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2012-03-16, 20:20   Link #17235
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I cracked up at that part Though really, a joke that that might have been better suited to something a bit more 'mad-scientist'-like rather than just guns...
Well, it could be that it was made in Byouri.
Old 2012-03-16, 20:24   Link #17236
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
They're cannon fodder. Being cruel to them is kind of in their contract.

... I just hope they get hazard pay.
Old 2012-03-16, 21:24   Link #17237
Acer
Death to the infidels!

This is going very fast, part 12:http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...olume4_Main.12
Old 2012-03-16, 22:40   Link #17238
Breidaluk

Yup. Enshuu is a very strange Kihara.
Old 2012-03-16, 22:54   Link #17239
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Woah... Did I just hope a Kihara would actually win? Well, that just shows how f**ed up Marian is.

Talking about that. does she have a trope added on TV tropes?

Complete monster would fit her.
Old 2012-03-16, 23:27   Link #17240
pikachuwei

Quote:
Normally, Accelerator would be best for an anti-Kihara battle, but he isn’t here.
I lol'd

Killing off Amata must've given Accelerator quite the name amongst the Kiharas.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen