AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-29, 23:33   Link #41
Kaishi Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
DB&L-E released ep 27. Rejoice and be merry.

-Tofu
Thanks very much.
Kaishi Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 00:07   Link #42
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
::sniff:: Its so sad all my posts from the first season were deleted o well. Anyway I cant wait to see the sub (currently dling) thanks Tofu and to the rest of the staff you guys did a great job last season and hopefully there wont be 10 groups subbing tsubasa this time; it was crazy.
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 00:34   Link #43
Kaishi Zero

I'm curious as to why they jumped into the middle of the 10th manga, skipping 8 and 9. Can anyone please explain?
Kaishi Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 00:59   Link #44
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Looks like the Piffle World is a "review" world consider a lot of peeps from the last season makes their appearence. Maybe that's why they chose it.

And I've noticed something. Did they get a new director?!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 03:21   Link #45
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Now let the party continue.

The new OP and ED are still magnificently done by Kinya and the great Sakamoto Maaya, who also returned as Tomoyo, though they pale in comparison with those of the 1st series.

I'm kind of disappointed they skipped the Ashura arc, that was one of the best arc in the series. Hopefully the anime will come back to it soon, not to mention it being a key part of the plot, so they have to. Perhaps Beetrain thought doing the Piffle arc first would attract the viewers more?

CCS Tomoyo returns! Well, almost. With her video camera and her yuri love for Sakura intact, I can't help but laugh out loud when Sakura did her CCS "Hoe!?" after Tomoyo embraced her.

I also noticed the character designs seemed a bit different from the first series, hopefully this is minor and wouldn't affect the overall quality.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 04:46   Link #46
Jerseykid

Are the voices different? Someone doesn't sound the same. A lot of stuff is different.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 05:10   Link #47
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Now let the party continue.

The new OP and ED are still magnificently done by Kinya and the great Sakamoto Maaya, who also returned as Tomoyo, though they pale in comparison with those of the 1st series.
Absolutely, although Blaze is still my favourite ^^ As for the background music it's still the nice music from before *drool*
Quote:
I'm kind of disappointed they skipped the Ashura arc, that was one of the best arc in the series. Hopefully the anime will come back to it soon, not to mention it being a key part of the plot, so they have to. Perhaps Beetrain thought doing the Piffle arc first would attract the viewers more?
Aah :/ That's why I was like wtf? I've never seen this before.
The Ashura arc was the last one I read and my most favourite in all the manga I read until now.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 05:53   Link #48
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
Looks like the Piffle World is a "review" world consider a lot of peeps from the last season makes their appearence. Maybe that's why they chose it.

If they have a new director, maybe I'll give it a chance. I see a trap coming...

Piffle isnt a review world. It's the "we ran out of ideas and need to waste 2.5 volumes" world.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 07:32   Link #49
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupcan58
How'd I do that? It's Tofu more than anybody else!
well if you look at the time you edited, technically you posted the info to us before tofu did, so you made my night too!!

edit: i just saw, smartchick happy birthday!!!

edit again: i just noticed on omni's screenshots...theres a giant kero!!!! weeee cant wait to watch!!
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 07:52   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I really don't know why people are going on about skipping stuff - you do know the anime could easily add the stuff that have been passed later on?
Old 2006-04-30, 08:13   Link #51
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
If they have a new director, maybe I'll give it a chance. I see a trap coming...

Piffle isnt a review world. It's the "we ran out of ideas and need to waste 2.5 volumes" world.
C'mon, at least we get to see Sakura in a really cute outfit and ACTUALLY participate with the guys in the race. It's a pretty good episode to get the peeps back in watching Tsubasa who're waiting for a long 6 months.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 08:41   Link #52
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm one of the guys who watched all of First season and loved it, and watching episode 27 feels like episode 26 was just last week - i love the fact that he feels the complete same.

& i must admit, its good to have Kuro-tan back! =D
Old 2006-04-30, 08:46   Link #53
soupcan58
TPCD Officer

Send a message via MSN to soupcan58 Send a message via Yahoo to soupcan58
I know exactly what you mean Angelsama. And I've got to completely agree with darkchibi on this one. You can't resist t3h cuteness! Ha ha! But really, I like what they're doing with the storyline, and if they skipped an arc, think about this. At least(in some people's opinons) it's no where near as bad as the created crap that the third season of RouKen was.
soupcan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 09:28   Link #54
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle

Yeah, I miss Blaze too :/ I've liked Kinya ever since his old Gravitation songs and It's is probably one of my least favourite. Sakamoto's ED, on the other hand, is great. Can't wait to get hold of the full version of it.

Not being a manga reader I dunno what was missed out, but if it was that good they better come back to it Either way I'm hoping they'll keep the level of quality from the Outo Arc right at the end of season 1, I was fairly neutral towards the series until about half way through when it started picking up the pace.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 11:58   Link #55
bayoab

Quote:
C'mon, at least we get to see Sakura in a really cute outfit and ACTUALLY participate with the guys in the race. It's a pretty good episode to get the peeps back in watching Tsubasa who're waiting for a long 6 months.
Sakura in really cute outfit doesn't matter at all. The amount of suck in this arc is a black hole that absorbs the 1 okay part in the end. Personally, I'm hoping they drag this out for 8 or 9 episodes just so I can laugh at what should have taken 3.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 12:11   Link #56
miaka

Lots of old characters in first arc come back in epi 27. Its like a grand reunion of the first arc. i am so happy to see the clamp school trio in the race.
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 13:10   Link #57
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Quote:

Yes they changed directors the first season director was Koichi Mashimo while this season its Hiroshi Morioka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira_lacusXX
edit: i just saw, smartchick happy birthday!!!
Thanks for wishing me a happy birthday I really appreciate it.

Anyway I really like the show so far and can anyone say Star Wars Clampified lol that is all I kept thinking. The other thing I hope BeeTrain wont do again this season is the whole flashback thing. They did do it for this ep but they were perfect flashbacks since they were understandable and short for once.

Fay's name was so funny if you ever call yourself swallow hehe. By any chance does anyone know why Fay is running away again I have read up to Del Rey's releases which is now vol 9 but I cant seem to remember them ever saying why Fay is so scared to be caught.

I luved the intro and especially the ending. Kurogane and Fay were soooo cute when they were little.

Last edited by SmartChick; 2006-04-30 at 13:28.
Old 2006-04-30, 13:12   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartChick
can anyone say Star Wars Clampified
I was waiting for someone to mention that.. pod racing. ^^;
Old 2006-04-30, 13:26   Link #59
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I was waiting for someone to mention that.. pod racing. ^^;
Not only that but the city itself looks star warsish just not as dark and with lava.
Old 2006-04-30, 13:30   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartChick
Not only that but the city itself looks star warsish just not as dark and with lava.
With that said, its also like the city from Fifth Element.

Tags
shounen