Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-06, 11:08   Link #221
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by meroko_mew_mew
I really hope that they don't dub it, because it would be terrible(in my opinion)! here are my reasons:

-They would change all of the jap songs to english songs
-They would probably change the Character's names.. (mitsuki to mary or something)
-Might change the plot too..
bayoab linked my posting about it in the AoD forums, since I got the episode 1 preview DVD (which was dub-only) earlier this week. All three of these points are untrue - the dub switches back to the original vocals when any character is singing (or attempting to sing), all character names are preserved, and there aren't too many substantial edits (I'd complain more about FF7AC than this).
Old 2006-05-07, 16:15   Link #222
Xuki
...zZz...zZz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
Viz is NOT going to dub the songs, they said. I'm getting the sample dvd tomorrow so I will post all info as soon as I get it.
I was talking about the songs in general, not as in dubbing them. If they were going to dub the songs, I would kill them <.<;;

@StarCreator: Thank goodness they preserved their names and original vocals
Xuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 21:13   Link #223
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
bayoab linked my posting about it in the AoD forums, since I got the episode 1 preview DVD (which was dub-only) earlier this week. All three of these points are untrue - the dub switches back to the original vocals when any character is singing (or attempting to sing), all character names are preserved, and there aren't too many substantial edits (I'd complain more about FF7AC than this).
Thanks for the info StarCreator I guess well have to wait and see what its like when the dvd is released. How are the other voice actors; were they good overall or is it pointless to watch the dub?
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 21:55   Link #224
SkyDragon
Addicted To Anime

Is this series any good? Would you recommend it?

Wow! top 5 on animenfo.
SkyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 14:12   Link #225
meroko_mew_mew
Meroko_Mew_Mew

Send a message via MSN to meroko_mew_mew
I liked the ending to the anime very much. Meroko, being my favourite character, looks amazing as an angel I must say.
Spoiler for how it ended:

The only thing I DIDN'T like about the ending of this anime was that it ended!

Last edited by xris; 2006-05-09 at 03:38.
meroko_mew_mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 19:08   Link #226
Xuki
...zZz...zZz...

Quote:
The only thing I DIDN'T like about the ending of this anime was that it ended!
Yup, I'm sure we all feel the same. Whenever an anime ends, it feels like you're too involved to let the story go... T__T I miss watching it, but my exams are coming up, so re-watching the whole series again isn't a good idea
Xuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 20:40   Link #227
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Could you please put spoilers behind spoiler tags?
Old 2006-05-11, 18:48   Link #228
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

I saw episode 1 dubbed! Sneak preview included in the June issue of Shoujo Beat .

I hope this isn't the final product (well, I'm quite sure of it). For one thing, the video was completely unedited. Oh, and by that, I mean it's identicle to the japanese R2 video: japanese credits, even the karaoke kanji was still at the bottom.

The sneak peak only included a dub track, but all singing was left in the original japanese voices. No subtitles of any kind, however, so no song subtitles (even though they were in japanese), either in the opening/ending or mid show.

I thought the dub was pretty decent. The worst voice was Eichi... but thankfully he doesn't exactly have a big part in the beginning. Mitsuki herself actually was close enough to the japanese so that when it switched over to the japanese voice it wasn't THAT jarring. Meroko and Takuto were fine, although it remains to be seen if they can do a scene that's serious.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 09:14   Link #229
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
No subtitles of any kind, however, so no song subtitles (even though they were in japanese), either in the opening/ending or mid show.
Yeah, Viz is retarded that way. I think they said something like "It's too much trouble. It's opening a can of worms". Yet ADV, Geneon (gag) Animeworks, Funimation and Tokyopop ALL sub anime songs. You don't see THEM bitching about it, do you? Viz is the laziest anime company EVER. They are such losers.
Old 2006-05-12, 15:38   Link #230
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Do I need to repeat myself now? The sample is not representative of the final product. There's simply too much unpolished work on display, even for Viz, for it to be.

It has been stated somewhere by Viz that they -were- going to subtitle the songs. We won't know for sure until volume one comes out next month.
Old 2006-05-13, 00:04   Link #231
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Yeah, they've said they'll subtitle the songs, and I guess we should believe them.

It clearly was a quick n' dirty thing, since even the opening and ending were left in the original japanese credits. (they tacked on english credits with on sound on the end) even including the "sinigami" and "mituki".

Oh, and in case anyone was curious: Excerpt from episode 1 dub script:

Takuto: What'll we do now, boss?
Meroko: I'm afraid she's left us with no choice, but to...
Takuto: Hmm, It's unusual for someone to ask our names...
Meroko: We are the death spirits who can quiet even crying children!
Takuto: Takuto!
Meroko: Meroko!
Takuto: And
Takuto and Meroko: Together we are...
Takuto and Meroko: Green onion ramen!
Mitsuki: Hahahahaha.... hahaha, they said "gree onion ramen".. hahahaha...
Meroko: You know, on second thought, Takuto, this name kind of sucks.
Takuto: Whatever, it's not my fault, just deal with it.

Somehow I get the feeling the script writers had the same opinion of this joke.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-05-13, 01:45   Link #232
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
Do I need to repeat myself now? The sample is not representative of the final product. There's simply too much unpolished work on display, even for Viz, for it to be.

It has been stated somewhere by Viz that they -were- going to subtitle the songs. We won't know for sure until volume one comes out next month.
Well I was also talking about Viz's releases of anime in general: Flame of Recca, Ayashi No Ceres etc. Not subbing those songs is just pure laziness. There's no excuse for it. None.
Old 2006-05-21, 20:27   Link #233
meroko_mew_mew
Meroko_Mew_Mew

Send a message via MSN to meroko_mew_mew
THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW NEWS!!!!!!!!

I just picked up the volume one Full Moon wo Sagashite ... I know you're probably thinking "you can't have seen it yet" but in the latest edition of Shojo Beat Magazine, there was a CD that came with it entitled "Full Moon o Sagashite: Episode One Sneak Peek"

It has the whole episode dubbed!! ITS TERRIBLE! IJSOIGJDG

First off, they changed Dr. Wakouji to: Doctor Wakka-Ow-Gee
Second, they changed Shinigami to Spirits of Death
Third, Mitsuki sounds like shes 25
And fourth, they changed up the wording so much its really different.

Personally, I don't like it ... And there will be a lot of "fans of anime" if YTV comes out with this that will say "OMG FULL MOON O SAGASHITE IS AMAZING" when really they wont know the truth.
Anyway, thought i'd update.
meroko_mew_mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 20:49   Link #234
Chiibi

Yeah, I have it too and Mitsuki's voice is sucky for a 12-year-old and "Wackaouji" sounds soooo retarded that my ears bled BUT that dvd was only for the dub. The true release on June 16 will have the Japanese included too.

I'm actually writing a parody where the characters talk about how bad it is-pretty funny so far. XD I serioulsy want to to mute some footage and do the voice-overs....gawd it will be HILARIOUS.
Old 2006-05-21, 21:50   Link #235
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Oy, oy, oy... *headdesks*

Please don't watch dubs if you're going to react to it like this. Did you even read my post when I got this preview dvd three weeks ago?

I don't see a problem with "shinigami" being translated as "spirits of death", since that's a pretty good way to explain what they actually are.

If you're going to be a sub purist, then wait until the actual DVD is out and evaluate it based on the subtitles. (I'm waiting for the invalid excuses people are going to come up with then...)
Old 2006-05-21, 21:54   Link #236
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:

NEW NEWS!!!!!!!!

I just picked up the volume one Full Moon wo Sagashite ... I know you're probably thinking "you can't have seen it yet" but in the latest edition of Shojo Beat Magazine, there was a CD that came with it entitled "Full Moon o Sagashite: Episode One Sneak Peek"

Third, Mitsuki sounds like shes 25
And fourth, they changed up the wording so much its really different.

Personally, I don't like it ... And there will be a lot of "fans of anime" if YTV comes out with this that will say "OMG FULL MOON O SAGASHITE IS AMAZING" when really they wont know the truth.

OMG NO! R U Serious? crap!
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 21:55   Link #237
bayoab

Quote:

NEW NEWS!!!!!!!!
Come back when you are done hyperventalating...

Quote:

You obviously did not read the previous posts in this thread or on AoD....

Quote:
Don't expect Japanese names to be pronounced right.
Quote:
That is a correct translation.
Quote:
Cartoon Network already said hell has to freeze over before it gets aired. YTV is probably the same.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 23:26   Link #238
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab

Cartoon Network already said hell has to freeze over before it gets aired. YTV is probably the same.
I bet there's a slight (but non-zero chance) that it will be on toonami jetstream. If prince of tennis is there, I don't see why FMoS couldn't be. A possibility of that was left open by the toonami creaters on a podcast interview I heard over at toonforums.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-05-21, 23:40   Link #239
Ai Genin

Send a message via AIM to Ai Genin Send a message via Yahoo to Ai Genin
... Viz rarely ever does dubbing right. I'm not surprised... but... I don't know why anyone else is... I'm sure everyone was looking for it to suck. The show is too Japanese, that the transition would be awkward anyways. : /
Ppl are talking about it being on Toonami? Not a chance. It's not that kind of show... It would do horribly. Sigh. I assume everyone is just going to buy the dvds and watch it subbed. No need to get up in arms right? If you loved the show... you can still love it in Japanese...
Ai Genin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 00:15   Link #240
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
I bet there's a slight (but non-zero chance) that it will be on toonami jetstream. If prince of tennis is there, I don't see why FMoS couldn't be. A possibility of that was left open by the toonami creaters on a podcast interview I heard over at toonforums.
Thats where i got the "hell will freeze over first" part. They basically said that the chance FMwS on Jetstream is 1 in a google and that only if it does exceptionally well on jetstream would it be put on CN.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, musical