Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-13, 11:32   Link #101
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I never knew this, but interestingly, it seems that the composer of the excellent music in Juuni Kokki, Kunihiko Ryo, is actually ethnically Korean - his Korean name is Yang Bang-Ean, corresponding to Ryou Kunihiko...
That's interesting. I've heard that the compser chose to use classical Korean instruments for some pieces (not really sure if this is true...) but I never knew that he himself is ethnically Korean.

Now that's an interesting mix. Japanese animation, Chinese-fantasy setting and a Korean composer.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 15:24   Link #102
Shouryuu
ショウリュウ

I'm stuck after the third DVD...I don't have any place near me that sells it and my Blockbuster refuses to get additional volumes(they do this a lot...Saiyuki, Haibane Renmei, Hellsing, DNAČ, Vandread....they just don't want me to finish a series I guess). From what I have seen though, as you can probably tell from my name and avatar, I find it quite enjoyable. It's easily the most engaging fantasy anime I've ever set eyes upon.
Shouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 18:15   Link #103
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouryuu
I'm stuck after the third DVD...I don't have any place near me that sells it and my Blockbuster refuses to get additional volumes(they do this a lot...Saiyuki, Haibane Renmei, Hellsing, DNAČ, Vandread....they just don't want me to finish a series I guess). From what I have seen though, as you can probably tell from my name and avatar, I find it quite enjoyable. It's easily the most engaging fantasy anime I've ever set eyes upon.
I'd suggest that you read The "Where do I buy..." Thread or have a look at Anime-Planet's Vendor list.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 18:50   Link #104
Shouryuu
ショウリュウ

Thank you, that's very kind of you(entirely serious and honest)....but my greatest problem resides in my status as collegiate student and the subsequent lack of funds that seem to shadow said status. I've mentioned to Blockbuster's management about the additional volumes...but anime doesn't have a big following in my area so it's typically put on the back burner.

Edit: I should really stop posting on such lack of sleep...I don't make much sense.
Shouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 20:19   Link #105
firstian

Perhaps you may like to take advantage of the 20% sale going on right now at deepdiscountdvd? I posted the link in the where to buy thread. I just order 3 12K dvd, and after the discount, it's $14.39, free shipping included with no minimum.

Go work at McDonald for a couple of weeks, and boom, you entire 12K collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouryuu
Thank you, that's very kind of you(entirely serious and honest)....but my greatest problem resides in my status as collegiate student and the subsequent lack of funds that seem to shadow said status. I've mentioned to Blockbuster's management about the additional volumes...but anime doesn't have a big following in my area so it's typically put on the back burner.

Edit: I should really stop posting on such lack of sleep...I don't make much sense.
firstian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 21:44   Link #106
Zainkis

i love Juuni Kokki!!!

hey~~ i just got time finish up the series, and i loves it. the story in the series doesnt really answer all my questions so i am wondering if there is any place where i can buy the novel or any site to read the novel from~~~ (in english ^_^)

i'll be very greatful if anyone can help me out ^_^ thax~~~
Zainkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 18:41   Link #107
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I recently rewatched Junni Kokki for the 2nd time-it's much more enjoyable in english than japanese.
zrdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 10:15   Link #108
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

I finished watching the entire thing just now. Its definately unfinished. The Taiki side story needs finishing. Although we can pretty much guess whats going on. I didnt realize the Tai king was missing along with the Taiki until I went back to the Taiki episodes. I thought I had missed an episode

The "accidents" are probably either his caretaker (the leopard/lizard one) or the monsterous shirei he has. Its obvious since Yukka was spared when she mentioned being an acquaintance of the queen of kei. So the shirei/caretaker knows enough of the 12 kingdom political landscape to know it could cause political problems if it killed a friend/official of another country. Since he lost his memories, its probably acting on its own. Although I find it odd that it knows enough of japan to understand that a car can kill, etc etc.

As for how the taiki would get back, I assume Yukka would play a big part and finally have her story like she wanted.

The kings whereabouts are the only thing we have no inkling about. Unless they do something horribly twisted and make his teacher the king. The teacher wasnt harrassing him or anything like the other people that got killed. He was trying to be helpful and it seemed he genuinely cared for the kid. Thats all I can think about.

Who knows. Sometimes they cancel a series due to lack of ratings. Its been 3 years though so I doubt theyll make more episodes. We'd be lucky if they do an OVA.
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 12:48   Link #109
Dnous
wut

the accidents are caused by his caretaker. As they explained about the caretaker they also said how she would protect the newborn. So it obvious it can only be her since only she would go that far just to keep her "kid" from harm.
Dnous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 07:07   Link #110
Syche
Sniper

There is no continuation for the anime.

And I'll have to tell you that the anime is not faithful to the book. Sugimoto isn't supposed to be the one talking with Takasato and the like. It was originally supposed to be a teacher. Read Masho no Kou (Demon Child).

The book is better. I recommend it. It can show a big and important part of the story... and clear up some questions, but also make new ones arise. Honestly though, the books aren't really finished either.

And yes, all the harm that falls upon those that hurt Takasato (a.k.a. Taiki) is because of Sanshi, who doesn't really have a clear idea of right and wrong, thus causing a lot of harm and deaths (in the book).
Syche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 20:04   Link #111
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syche
There is no continuation for the anime.

And I'll have to tell you that the anime is not faithful to the book. Sugimoto isn't supposed to be the one talking with Takasato and the like. It was originally supposed to be a teacher. Read Masho no Kou (Demon Child).

The book is better. I recommend it. It can show a big and important part of the story... and clear up some questions, but also make new ones arise. Honestly though, the books aren't really finished either.

And yes, all the harm that falls upon those that hurt Takasato (a.k.a. Taiki) is because of Sanshi, who doesn't really have a clear idea of right and wrong, thus causing a lot of harm and deaths (in the book).
I think most of us who are fans would luv to read the books however no one has translated them so we hope the anime would continue instead. Maybe someday a company might have the guts to license them. There have been many rumors that Del Rey was thinking about it but who knows if that will happen. ::goes in search of sites with trasnlations::
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 06:51   Link #112
Syche
Sniper

Well, if you've seen the anime, I think it would be fine to just go on with Tasogare no Kishi, Akatsuki no Sora; Mashou no Ko and and read the short stories (Kasyo no Yume). There are translations... but all of them aren't really finished.

Want some links? I only know of a few though.

Anyway. The story is also still not finished. Dunno what's gotten into Ono Fuyumi.
Old 2006-05-11, 21:37   Link #113
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Tokyopop has announced that it will release the first Twelve Kingdoms novel in March 2007. Read it here - not much in the way of detail, and way at the bottom of the article, but hey, it's better than nothing:

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/show....php?p=1972050
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 03:24   Link #114
karumofin

well i did rewatch the series recently and after that researched a little on how it goes on...
for once, there seem to be several little stories from various countries left to be told. one is especially interesting, as it seems to show how that guy form the last arc, thats riding the youma, came to be the god of the sea, i think. it also features that child-empress, which to me is one of the coolest characters of the series ;P
the taiki thing has two more stories so far: one happens shortly after they returned to their country, in other words before that desastrous thing happened and the other story is about how they get taiki back.

spoilers
it ends with taiki departing for tai to find out what happened to his king. its an interesting scenario, not only is it really hard to get him back to begin with, because hes in a horrible condition, he must go to tai all alone, because other kings arent allowed to send military into a different country. what happens after that is a story that has yet to be told in books. it would be easy to include youko into the storylines though. in the first taiki story she could just sit and listen, because its all about taikis visit to the country of ren and the second story seems to feature youko anyhow, because kei is where one general goes to ask for help.

I think its simple, they just want to wait for the final story to be released in bookform, so when they get back to produce another batch of episodes they can finish the whole thing. in other words, its not the question why the anime stopped, its the question why the author stopped writing JK-books altogether in the middle of the storyline... he/she hasnt written anything JK-related for many years and it doesnt look like thats gonna change.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 09:16   Link #115
Syche
Sniper

Oh how I love spoilers....

Really... the anime isn't much worth it... if you want the story in whole. Nevertheless, I enjoy watching it anyway.

It's annoying how there's a sudden stop when you're already at a climatic point.... Taiki's story interests me a lot.

And... I think I read somewhere on problems producing the animation.... Bah... I dunno anymore. But it certainly wasn't all about the stories put on hold.
Old 2006-05-12, 13:46   Link #116
karumofin

both of youkos school friends were additions to the anime. personally i think they were very well integrated into the storyline, so i think youd miss out f you only read the books ^^
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 15:03   Link #117
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy
Tokyopop has announced that it will release the first Twelve Kingdoms novel in March 2007. Read it here - not much in the way of detail, and way at the bottom of the article, but hey, it's better than nothing:

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/show....php?p=1972050
Omg Im so happy that someone finally decided to pic up the novels I cant wait until next year woohoo.
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 14:25   Link #118
Syche
Sniper

I'd appreciate it more if Fuyumi would continue making more books... go on with the story.... *Sigh*

<_<

JKR has a better pace than she....
Old 2006-05-25, 11:55   Link #119
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syche
I'd appreciate it more if Fuyumi would continue making more books... go on with the story.... *Sigh*

<_<

JKR has a better pace than she....
I heard she had some health problems so thats whay she stop writing.

Anyone has any recent news on the Author health or progress of the novels?
Old 2006-05-27, 00:58   Link #120
Syche
Sniper

Oh crap... health problems again?

>__<

There's Togashi and his health problems... and Fuyumi also has too?

Sheesh... I don't support a lot of works... but of all those that I do support... it's just got to be my faves. <_<