AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-05, 15:24   Link #1
technomewmew

Smile Suggestions Please

I looked into the suggestions I was given a few months ago and liked a lot of them, so since I have finished those, I was looking for more.

Anime I like:

Tokyo Mew Mew
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch (and Pure)
Pretear
Full Moon Wo Sagashite
Pretty Cute (and Max Heart. Not Splash Star though)
Full Metal Alchemist
Noein
Utawarerumono
Detective Academy Q
Ouran High School Host Club
Hanbun No Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Ai Yori Aoshi
Himawari!
Lemon Angel Project
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Digimon Savers
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Soul Link
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
Fighting Beauty Wulong
High School Girls
Angelic Layer
Kodomo No Omocha
Kagihime
Air Gear

I am trying to make some sort of connection between them...:

I love comedy (Ex: Ouran High School Host Club), things having to do with social status (Ex: Saiunkoku Monogatari), unique sports (Ex: Air Gear) and people who overcome very unusual challenges (Ex: Digimon Savers). Even though I listed Higurashi, I am usually not a fan of anime containing demons. I also like deeper plots ( Ex: Noein). A lot of meaningful dialogue and relationships between characters are a must. I think that is all.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 2006-06-05, 15:52   Link #2
Scorch

I'd recommend Honey and Clover. It's got elements of comedy, romance, drama, and slice of life. Some of the funniest things I've ever seen are from this series (Death Twister!), but it also manages to have much more mature approach to romance than most shows do.

School Rumble is a good comedy show. It's usually quite funny, although I'd say it's low on the substance below the humor.
Old 2006-06-05, 18:29   Link #3
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'd recommend Suzuka. Though nowhere near as excellent in animation and character design as Honey and Clover, its story and soundtrack definitely make up for what it lacks. It's about high school and track-and-field, and discovering love in the process.

It's got elements of comedy, romance, drama, and slice-of-life. Although not as funny or as unique as Honey and Clover, it's a great watch, IMO. Just be sure to take a deep breath and not hate Suzuka or anything: hating her really takes a lot from the show.
Old 2006-06-06, 01:19   Link #4
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
Since you liked full moon, pretear and tokyo mew mew the best recommendations on those types of anime has to be 1.Princess Tutu, 2. Fruits Basket and 3. Kaleido Star. These animes are must see for shoujo anime and they all are licensed. Another anime that is I would also recommend is 12 kingdoms aka Juuni Kokki it has amazing character development, a great story, social status, set in another world and time like that of Saiunkoku Monogatari and much more. Hope that helps.
Old 2006-06-06, 10:28   Link #5
miaka

Nishi no yoki majo-astraea testament (aka good witch of the west) - it almost has all the elements that your looking for such as social status ( story about royalties), romance,comedy, nice plot in fairy tale style.
Tsubasa chronicle - season 2 currently ongoing. comedy, adventure action romance
Old 2006-06-06, 10:39   Link #6
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomewmew
I also like deeper plots ( Ex: Noein). A lot of meaningful dialogue and relationships between characters are a must. I think that is all.

Thanks for any suggestions!
This definitely calls for a Shingetsutan Tsukihime recommendation. There's a lot of meaningful dialogue and the relationships between the main characters is too moving that in the end it's too painful to watch. This is my anime for the ages.
Old 2006-06-06, 18:40   Link #7
technomewmew

Wow! Thanks! I'll look into all of them
Closed Thread